Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm a fairly new user to Gaia, and only heard about Project Custom yesterday

I was beyond ecstatic, because I knew it would be a venue through which I could fulfill one of my greatest ambitions; to wear my all-time favorite character's costume on my own avatar; the Adventurer's Garb from Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light / Bravely Default:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Something like this I have desired for a long time before I ever joined Gaia, and yet something I had no hope of ever coming to pass due to the obscure nature of the character

But now I know that I can fulfill this ambition at last

I only need to obtain the Mini Golden Ticket: User Image

There is but one thing that stands in my way
The insanely hefty price of the thing - 2,244,895 platinum on average, evidently

The only way I know of to consistently yield more than pennies in platinum is the daily posting - 3,000 platinum

At this rate it will take me 749 days to obtain enough platinum to buy the ticket - over two years
And that's not even accounting for the inflation that will doubtless occur over this period of time

It might seem like a pie in the sky goal to anyone else
But it does not matter to me how long I must wait, because I know that this is the way that I will achieve an ambition I have carried with me since childhood

And so I am going to undertake the challenge of obtaining enough platinum to obtain this item, and make my desire a reality

Every day I will do the daily posting for platinum elsewhere
And every day I will post a screenshot of my platinum count here, in this thread

Seeing as my daily posting takes me an average of 7 minutes to complete, by posting this topic I am committing no less than 5,523 minutes / 92 hours of my life towards the completion of this goal, a time span that I only expect to increase as inflation grows ever more severe

But it is a price that I have no qualms for paying
For this will far and away be the crowning jewel of my experience in Gaia, if not one of the greatest personal achievements in my early adulthood altogether

Today I am beginning a very long journey, to prove my dedication to my favorite character
And by posting here every day I will be holding myself accountable

Not only because I hope to amass this absurd amount of platinum over this period of my life
Not only because I hope to prove the loyalty that I will always have towards my favorite character to myself

But also because I hope that somebody, somewhere, will see what I am doing
That they will see what sticking with their passions and ambitions can achieve
And will know that they can do it do
Day 1:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Starting off with a meager 7,444 platinum

I know that as time goes on I will eventually see this number increase to what I know it needs to be

But all the same it's a little sobering to see how far I have to go

I know I have it in me to make it there
I only hope that I don't forget it in the days to come
Day 2: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Today is the first time I've ever had a 5-digit plat count
And yesterday was likely the last time I'll ever have a 4-digit plat count

A bit strange to think about, honestly
Day 6: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Had to do my daily posting from mobile yesterday, and hadn't the time to go through the process of providing a picture

But there's where I'm at now

Before I committed to doing this I had my eyes on the cloak from the Fool's Idol for my avi

I have enough to buy it now if I wanted to
But that's obviously out of the question
I have my sights set on greater things than a small upgrade to my avi's appearance
So I will go without

I have no doubts that greater temptations than this will rear their unsightly heads in the days ahead of me

But I will stay the course

Hardworking Gaian

33,450 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Good luck! You can do it!

However, if I may suggest. Perhaps grinding milky way for plat and Hell's portals would be better owo;;;?

Hardworking Gaian

33,450 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Shallotte
Good luck! You can do it!

However, if I may suggest. Perhaps grinding milky way for plat and Hell's portals would be better owo;;;?

What is the milky way?

Some sort of game?
Day 9: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Discovered that grant codes were a thing yesterday, so I got a fair chunk of change from going through all of them

Demigod

what's your progress so far?

also, what are grant codes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out