This poll closed on December 18, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30 31 32 > >>

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Updated 8/14

• background gradient - Chrome property format change. The syntax is more picky though; added IE 9+ support
  • transition - Tidied it up to be a tad more clear

8,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Very helpful =] And well organized! I'll hpefully be using this later heart 3nodding

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mmm, CSS properties. smile

Winner

10/10 with this guide, I love it~ 4laugh

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alright im sorry im back sweatdrop
But anyways, so basically would I use the opacity code?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Knemo

For the looking of having combined boxes? No. Here's what you should do, firstly, combine all the declaration blocks into one.

So for example if it says
.panel { w/e in here} combine all the properties into a single declaration block
So like if you have this
.panel { background: #000000;}
.panel { height: 400px;}
You'd combine those into one as so
.panel {background: #000000; height: 400px;}
Same thing for any other properties/separate declaration blocks for each selector.
Once we organize your CSS assisting you will be SOO much easier.
Knight Yoshi
Knemo

For the looking of having combined boxes? No. Here's what you should do, firstly, combine all the declaration blocks into one.

.panel { w/e in here} combine all the properties into a single declaration block
So like if you have this
Same thing for any other properties/separate declaration blocks for each selector.

Ok so all panels and also like all h2 panels just comine using ; then ending with }

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Knemo
Knight Yoshi
Knemo

So like if you have this

Ok so all panels and also like all h2 panels just comine using ; then ending with }

Yes, make sure you place a semi-colon after each property, the semi-colon defines a stoping point from one property to another.
html, body {background: black url() no-repeat center; }
.panel {background: #000000; border: 3px inset #FFFFFF; -moz-border-radius: 8px; -webkit-border-radius: 8px;}
.panel h2{background: #000000; text-align:center;}
.section h2 {display:none; text-indent:-3000px;}
#columns{width: 760px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 0px;}
#id_about{color: #FFFFFF;}
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height: 25px; width: 450px;}
#about ol{overflow: auto; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; height: 200px;}
#id_about ol{overflow-y: auto; padding-right: 500px; height: 400px; width: 475px;}

Is there anymore i could combine? I combined mostly everything that I thought could pasted the code back and it worked!

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Knemo

Gah, sorry about yesterday. Had to go to class. sweatdrop I see you changed your profile, so you no longer need help then?

You can always refer to this guide if you need. Feel free to post questions, if you need help. I do keep it up-to-date with relevant CSS for profiles.
Nah I actually have a few questions.
- Is there a way to make a section such as the About Me section, to be smaller but once the cursor goes over it becomes bigger? ( sorry I know theres a word for all that... just can't think )

- The shadow code, is there a way to change the color of the shadow?

- Can the shadow code be used to make it look like the text was glowing?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Knemo
Nah I actually have a few questions.
- Is there a way to make a section such as the About Me section, to be smaller but once the cursor goes over it becomes bigger? ( sorry I know theres a word for all that... just can't think )
- The shadow code, is there a way to change the color of the shadow?
- Can the shadow code be used to make it look like the text was glowing?

I'm assuming you're talking about the text-shadow?
    You see the hex color at the end. Change that to the color you want. You can use color names, hex, or rgb. Obviously color name or hex would be easiest.

And yes, but you'll need more than one color shadow. You will need to separate each shadow with a comma.
So like this
{text-shadow: <offset-x> <offset-y> <blur> <color>, <offset-x> <offset-y> <blur> <color>;}
Start at the top left of the text and work clock wise I find best. so for instance "-2px -2px" will be top left, then "2px -2px" would be top right. Just inverse the negatives and positives based on where you want it. To make it seem like it's glowing and not just outlined, you'll need to add the blur, probably about 3-5px will do.

Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
Knight Yoshi
I almost have a feeling you'd like the conversation to be taken here instead. lol so I'm totally crashing in on your thread for the rest of my questions.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
S u n n i e pea
Knight Yoshi
I almost have a feeling you'd like the conversation to be taken here instead. lol so I'm totally crashing in on your thread for the rest of my questions.

Go right ahead, this thread is here to assist... and fix the mistakes other poorly put together threads make... Those other threads that are crap are a disgrace to web developers everywhere User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff