Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loving Wife

Do you think Vince Russo is as bad as popular opinion says he is? I feel like Russo was pretty dense and couldn't write storylines at all.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Russo was definitely worse than we'll know. Cause remember this: what we saw were the ideas he thought were good...which means there were storylines that he wrote that even he didn't think were good...

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
I feel that Cornette has some valid points about Russo (as are many criticisms against Russo), but that Cornette has a lot of problems as well. Also that a lot of Cornette's valid criticisms seem less valid coming from him given the whole death threats he made against Russo a few years back.

Loving Wife

Evil Penguin Overlord
I feel that Cornette has some valid points about Russo (as are many criticisms against Russo), but that Cornette has a lot of problems as well. Also that a lot of Cornette's valid criticisms seem less valid coming from him given the whole death threats he made against Russo a few years back.

I saw that shoot interview he did (The Cornette Face one) and he said that he didn't threaten him at all and that Russo made it up. I wonder who out of the both of them was worse. I'm probably going to stick to my opinion that Russo was the worst.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
DarkBladeZX6
Evil Penguin Overlord

I saw that shoot interview he did (The Cornette Face one) and he said that he didn't threaten him at all and that Russo made it up. I wonder who out of the both of them was worse. I'm probably going to stick to my opinion that Russo was the worst.

...I don't think Cornette's telling the truth there considering it was an email from Cornette to Terry Taylor that TNA later turned over to a law firm. Plus TNA responded to it via certified letter to Cornette.

For Russo to have made it up, would require Russo to have gotten into Cornette's email, wrote it, and sent it to Taylor long after Cornette wasn't part of the company which seems like...way too much effort.

...also if you look at Russo's blog, it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of typos or display the poor grasp of the English language that Russo's writings apparently do.

Loving Wife

Evil Penguin Overlord
DarkBladeZX6
Evil Penguin Overlord

...I don't think Cornette's telling the truth there considering it was an email from Cornette to Terry Taylor that TNA later turned over to a law firm. Plus TNA responded to it via certified letter to Cornette.

For Russo to have made it up, would require Russo to have gotten into Cornette's email, wrote it, and sent it to Taylor long after Cornette wasn't part of the company which seems like...way too much effort.

...also if you look at Russo's blog, it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of typos or display the poor grasp of the English language that Russo's writings apparently do.

No, I mean the threats toward Russo himself. Russo isn't anywhere near smart enough to be able to pull something like that off just to get Cornette in trouble. Cornette has ******** up as well but Russo is probably the innovator of creative ********.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
DarkBladeZX6
Do you think Vince Russo is as bad as popular opinion says he is? I feel like Russo was pretty dense and couldn't write storylines at all.

Spike TV severed their ties to TNA, a deal that had existed since 2005 or 6, because they found out Russo still worked for them....

Yeah. He's that bad.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
GSK Lives

Gotta love Cornette. He is the king of the shoot interview. xd

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
GSK Lives

Gotta love Cornette. He is the king of the shoot interview. xd

Yeah. His booking style might be dated and he might be out of touch with today's generation of wrestling fans, but I'll be damned if he isn't fun to listen to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff