Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Fairy

Hi all a new Idea has struck me and I have many ideas but this one I feel is unlike any other. Although I am sure the Idea is out there and if a shop exists I have not seen it.

My Idea.
There are 4 different species of pets would start as and orb which would reflect the element that the pet is aligned to with a carving etched on it somewhere. Non-aligned pets have no marking on their orbs. Earth would have a leaf, Fire would have a flame, Wind/Air would have a feathered wing and water would have a drop. The pets as a whole are know as Weirlins. The individual species are Wolf, Horse, *Cat, and Dragon.
The Wolf represents earth, the *Cat represents fire, the Horse represents water, and the Dragon represents wind/air.
But each element morphs the creature in it's own way.

*The cat would look more like a tiger but with out the stripes.

Tricky Fairy

Meet the Weirlins
Neutral stage is the base stage for all species. They have a natural healing ability that is born in them.
I will list suggestions the i would like to see but the artist who takes this task on, will of course have creative freedom to do what they think looks best as longs as my ideas are taken into consideration.
Rarities:

Neutral: Common
Earth: Uncommon
Fire: Uncommon
Wind/Air: Common
Water: Rare
Stages: basic stages for all species. I do not need them genderized and one pose will be fine, though, I would like two. a second always be ordered later.
Orb -Child -Adult (Final stage)-Elder (Rp'd Stage)

Species:
Wolf
Base edits:
Elements:
Earth: Tree like in nature. The tail and head would be Leaf looking fur, the mid section could be grass like ore smaller leaves and the legs could be like wood/branched. Maybe flowers or something somewhere.
Fire: Simple, Fur to look like flames with a flame tipped Ears and Tail
Wind/air: Another simple one, Just add some Feathered wings. (artist can do more if they wish. )
Water: Merwolf (half fish, half wolf) that's it. I want them to be aquatic and live in the water with the fish.

Species: Cat (Jungle cat )
Base edits:
Elements:
Earth: Tree like in nature. The tail and head would be Leaf looking fur, the mid section could be grass like ore smaller leaves and the legs could be like wood/branched. Maybe flowers or something somewhere.
Fire: Simple, Fur to look like flames with a flame tipped Ears and Tail
Wind/air: Another simple one, Just add some Feathered wings. (artist can do more if they wish. )
Water: Mercat (half fish, half cat) that's it. I want them to be aquatic and live in the water with the fish.

Species: Horse
Base edits:
I would like a horn edit added to this species as well.
Elements:
Fire: Simple, mane and tail look like flames
Wind/air: Another simple one, Pegasus
Water: Simple, Hippocamp:XxX and XxX

Species: Dragon
Base edits:
Elements:
Earth: Wings look like branches and leaves
Fire: The Wings of the dragon are to be flames
Wind/air: Give the wings more of a feathery look to them. Like this
Water: Something like a sea serpent than anything. Like this.

Total Lines: 16 line sets with edits

This fair world of Weirland has deities as well.
Gods and goddess will be needed
one pair for each element.
Neutral will need a god and goddess for each species. These need to be genderized or just two different poses needed

Elemental gods/Goddess: two different poses needed
Earth: Wolves
Fire: Cats
Wind/Air: Dragons
Water: Hippocamp

I would like all gods/goddesses to have an Orb somewhere on or near them in some way.

Gods/Goddesses: Two poses or one male one female
Neutral: need a set for each species:
Wolf
Cat
Dragon
Horse-(more so Unicorn for this)
Total for neutral gods: 8

Elements: Two poses or one male one female
Earth: Wolf: Earth base edits
Fire: Cat: Fire base edits
Air: Dragon: Air base edits
Water: Hippocamp. (The horse with water base edits)
Total: 8
Grand Total: 16 line sets for Gods and goddesses

Tricky Fairy

Familiars: Weirvin

Weirvin are creatures that reside in Weirland but unlike the Weirlins, these guys are located near their element at all times.

The Neutral: Butterfly: Common
Earth: Rabbit: Uncommon
Fire: Salamander: Uncommon
Wind/Air: Bird (any kind is fine): Common
Water: Fish (about the size of a Koi): Rare

Plushies: Used for CYO Events
One of each species. So 4 Plushies in total.

So To sum up the jabber.
4 species, 5 Familiars, 4 Plushies, and 8 Gods and Goddesses.

Stages:
Orb -Child-Adult -Elder

Adult is final, Elder is reached through RP.
Gods, and Goddesses Can be acquired via Customs.
Plushies will be used for grams and coloring applications and well as CYO events.
Lines:
16 lines for Weirlin (24 if you do an extra pose for the Adult and Elder)
16 lines for Gods and goddesses (okay this maybe much so any other ideas are welcome)
5 lines for Weirvin
4 lines for Plushies
Total Lines: 41 lines (49 f you do an extra pose for the Adult and Elder)

Yes that is a lot of lines, i know but I am sure we can work something out for a price arrangement. If you have suggestions to narrow the gods/desses down to two line sets, I am all ears.
Maybe a deer or a fox with elemental edits and just a male and female line set.
Also not all the lines have to be done at one time. The gods/desses will be imperative in the breedings and in rps so they are needed.

Tricky Fairy

Story:
The World:
The world is called Weirland, which translates to the Land of magic in the native tongue. Weirland sits on a magical nexus that flows through everything that steps foot on to it's land. The Wolves are the most in tune to the Weir that flows through the earth. The Dragons are in tune with the Weir that rids on the wind, the Felines of this world are in tune to the Weir through the flames of fire and the Hippocamp is in tune to the Weir through the waves of the ocean.

But there are a few of these species that roam Weirland, that are not able to feel or sense the Weir in the the world. These creatures are known as Unweir or non-magical. Even though they are called Unweir, they still posses some sort of magic. This Magic is a healing magic. All the creatures of Weirland possess some magic. the Unweir have healing,and and not magically in tuned to the elements of nature and thus not considered magical. Although,they are more common than the Aweir or magical creatures that are tuned in to the elements of nature. If an Unweir finds a special stone that sings to them, they can be tuned to the element that the stone represents. Emerald for earth, Ruby for fire, Sapphire for water, and Diamond for air.

The humans that live in Weirland have some magical ability it is not prominent until they are linked with an Aweir or even an Unweir. However, if a human is linked to an Unweir, the human will gain the healing ability that all the creatures of Weirland possess. A human can only be linked to a maximum of two species of Weir. The link is magical and once linked, a Weirkin and Weirlin are linked for life. Nothing but death can break the bond. If a Weirkin dies, the linked Weirlin will be lost and will more than likely die as well. If a linked Weirlin dies, their Weirkin will suffer and not be able to be linked to any other Weirlin. The Weirkin may however, take on Weirvin, but even then, the spiritual wound that the missing Weirlin left will never fade.

(It is not recommended that you kill off the pets or their human companions.)
Their are Two types of Weirkin: Mystics and Naturists

Mystics: These humans have the ability to hear the call of their Weirkin. The two are bonded from birth. A Mystic may only have two Weirlin. (this does not mean you. You will create characters, like rp characters.) They can rp with other humans or if they have pets, can do solo rps or other rps to interact with other pet)

Naturists: These humans may only be linked to Weirvin. The Naturist can rp with other humans but can not rp with pets. They can solo rp with the Weirvin since only Naturists can understand and communicate with the Weirvin.

Setting:
The time period is similar to that of the Renaissance-Victorian era. This includes steampunk as well. Clothing, housing decor, and technology should not surpass this time period.

Terminology:
Weirlin: The collective of species. (pronounced: War-ling)
Weirvin: Familiars (pronounced:War-win)
Weirkin: Humans (pronounced: War-kin)
Mystics: Weirkin that are magically linked or bonded to a Weirlin. They are the only ones who can communicate with them.
Naturists: Weirkin that are magically linked or bonded to a Weirvin. They are the only ones who can communicate with them.
Weirland: The world that the shop would be set in. (pronounced: War-lan)
Aweir: Magically attuned (being aware of magic)(pronounced: A-war)
Unweir: not magically attuned but has basic healing abilities.(being unaware to magic)(pronounced: Un-War)
Weir: Magic (pronounced war)

Tricky Fairy

FAQ/Suggestions:

Tricky Fairy

Customs:

The Weirlin:
Gods/Goddesses: Bribes

Base Prices for Neutrals:

Colorist Choice: 15k non-growing adult/25k growing
Basically a Premade.
Choose one color and / or descriptor word and let the colorist do the rest
Because these are inexpensive they will generally be more simple in nature

Basic: 50k non-growing adult/70k growing
3 colors and a marking. Colorist does the rest.

Semi Custom – 100k non-growing adult/150k growing
You can choose up 5 colors/ or gradients, a pattern/marking/ref pic and where you want them placed

Let gods decide: 200k non-growing adult/300k growing
Give 5 reference pictures and a palette for the colorist to work with.

Full Custom – 350k non-growing adult/500k growing
You have total control of what your Weirlin will look like, as long as it follows the rules and guidelines posted.

Elements: Prices to be added to the base price
Earth, Fire: +100k
Air : +150k
Water: +250k

Custom Edits All pets can have edits of some type
Small – 50-100k depending on complexity
Usually these are smaller edits ranging from a single, tiny, flower to a small but complex item such as a necklace with a detailed pendant, or simple body edits like expression changes, and extra fluff, etc.

Moderate – 200-350k depending on complexity
These may be larger item edits such as neckerchiefs/scarves, somewhat detailed jewelry with a number of small pieces attached to it, medium body edits like small horns or wings

Heavy – 500k+
for Cloaks/pelts, more advanced body edits such as large or elaborate horns, extra tails and extreme accessories covering a good portion of the body.

The Weirlin do not wear human clothes or human have hair of any kind. So Human clothing is absolutely not acceptable as an edit. I am sorry but that is the way it is. Full Customs can be designed anyway you like but no clothing. Wing edits may be made to the Air aligned pets only with the exception of the dragons.
Air based pets are the only pets with wings so you can not request a fire pet to have wings. Dragons are the only exception to this rule and there will be no altering of the dragons wings. Scarves are okay, as is jewelry of any kind, and other accessories or smaller adornments that they may have acquired through treasure hunting or gifted my their Mystic.
The shop will not do cosplays unless it is for an event.

The difficulty of an edit can be discussed between you and the colorist. Although, Simple jewelry is considered Minor, more complex jewelry is Medium and the scarves fall into the heavy edit section as do line edits. But, the only line edits that are allowed are the addition of tails. like if you want your earth wolf to have three tails. This can not be done to the water elements or the dragons, unless I get a good reason why and I really like the Idea. Edits Can be applied to any type of custom and any pet. just follow the rules that have been posted.

(All this will be revised as I see fit and more organized)

Tricky Fairy

Breedings:
It is possible to breed two elements together that are not the same but the chance of getting neutral pets are high.
If you breed a water with fire the two elements are opposite and don't meld well you have a 25% chance to get a fire or water orbs and 50% chance to receive neutral orbs You breed same elements together, you will get that element. Earth with earth will produce earth orbs.

Gods and goddess can breed but the babies will be regular pets. If a two gods breed, they babies will be regulars but at the adult stage, the owner will have the option for the pet to grow into a god or a regular pet.

Demi Gods:
A regular pet bread with a god that will not become a god but the pet will have some aspect of that gods power.
For a Demi god to become a god, the owner must do a solo rp with meeting the mother of the Weirlin. and ask for her blessing. A quest will be given to the pet to complete without the help of their power and Weirkin (Human owner).

Familiars Can not breed

Edits carry over in breeding, but it is at the colorists discretion as to what is transferable and what is not. It may also cost more for the breeding if a pet has heavy edits, but the edits will cross over. Also Edits will show up on adult stages only

Weirlins can breed a max of 5 times. mock breedings and any special event breedings do not count against this number. Their is a way to get more breeding, but they must be bought. A potion from the Shaman will return 1-3 breedings. it's a gamble but is it worth the risk? The Shaman also sells a variety of thing but more about him later.

Orbs per breeding:
You can get a max of 4 Orbs per breeding without treats and blessings. The use of berries and cream, will add an orb to the breeding but it has to be used before the colorist rolls for number of orbs. Example: you use b&c and the original roll is 4 you will get 5 orbs. Asking for a blessing from the Mother, will grant you a chance of having up to 6 orbs. If a blessing is sought from the elemental god/dess, then you will be guaranteed and orb of that element in your breeding, but one parent must be of that element, that is if it is a mixed element breeding. If it is a same element breeding, and the couple goes to their elemental god/dess, then an additional orb will be added to the breeding..

Tricky Fairy

Graphics:
As for a thread layout, I know someone who can make me a set or I can get a set done on my own if need be.

Certs:
I will need certs to match the elements. I may be able to do this on my own but I would like to see what others come up with as well.

The Shaman: A Wise Earth Elder who, with the help of his Mystic, has discovered how to make potions and food to help other Weirlins.

In his shop:
Mystical potion: a strange potion that has a strange violet aura to it. I wander what it does?
(This potion will return 1-3 breedings to your pet. when your pet drinks this, an in shop rp can be done, generate a random number between 1 and 3. The out come is what you get. )
Price: 1,500g.

Berries and Cream: A nice treat for your pet but if eaten while breeding, well lets just say something strange may happen.
(Use this Item to gain an additional orb when breeding)
Price: 200g

Elder Berry Tea: despite the name, this drink will not make your pet an elder but it will advance your pet to the next stage without waiting.
Price: 1000g

Tricky Fairy

Reserved 4

Tricky Fairy

Reserved 5

Tricky Fairy

Reserved 6

Tricky Fairy

Reserved 7

Tricky Fairy

Hey all, Let me know what you think of this Idea, price ranges for pets and if you would be interested in being a line artist for the shop. This would be everything i would need for the shop and we can always work out a deal so you don't have to do it all at one time.

Tricky Fairy

Please Quote me to get my attention.

Zoeybird92's Prince

Gwendolyn Barrett

just thought i would weigh in ( Just trying to help and give some friendly Pointers from my past experience in the B/c world)

T^T i hope you dont take any of this the wrong way, apparently i type aggressively i dont mean to, I look forward to see this shop one day in the future and hope what i say is helpful or at least can give you some kind of heads up

your idea seems cool but alot of shops work around the basic same idea that you have here
afew details are different. i have seen a couple shops that use the element logo on first stages.

i have seen stone's with the graving of the animals of the zodiac. all cute art.

it is a good idea and a nice twist to have not only dragons but other species.

the real problem you have with your idea. is you have far to much going on
A huge shop like this will take heaps of time and really with a idea like this you need Art that is going to make your idea worth while.

if i am not mistake you want 4 sets of 5 lined works which is 20 Lines already.
ontop of that you want a god/dess set making but it isnt clear as to what you want there ( your should make it clear)

Are you looking dor god/dess set in general or a god/dess set for each set eg: dragon gods, cat gods, lala

you need to calculate the overall lines you require. To find an artist to do this sort of work without paying them real money is slim. (that is if your going for a quality thread )

the amount of thought you put into posting all this must mean you want it to work. My advice is Cut back alittle bit.
Do you really need 4 Sets straight away ? or can you start with two and introduce the others at a later time, ( this will give any colorist alittle more time and relax-ability to make what your requesting)
or do you really need the god/dess sets. or are they just a really want ( if you have elders you dont really need god/dess)

Are 5 Stages Necessary ? - Orb stage ( can be used for all i take it )
Child Stage - Adult - Elder

your cutting one stage out right away. you only really need 4 if your adding a elder. dont over complicate your thread with all these stages when you dont need to over do it..

My next tip is to really make something more desirable If your planning to keep both god/dess and elders is to limit what you can get

the first couple of god/dess can be through auction and events but i would suggest making them as rare as possible by only allowing them through Bribes.
that way you can control just how many get through. the elders will be as you put above rp required.
you should think on how much rp they will need in order to reach that elder target

Next tip

Instead of over Complicating your custom Prices do Set prices instead and Add extra for rarer race EG

Standard Prices: (Includes cat or
Undeit : - 100k
Minor edid - 130k ( this include jewlery, small hats, scarves. )
Major - 200k ( wings, or tail edits clothing, hair, horns ects )
heavy/cosplay:500k ( Throw what you want at us)

+10k growing
+100k wolf
+200k - dragon

(add any rules below here lalala )
Customs are for your Customers to get what you want. Limiting them to what they can have isnt going to be giving them what they want. If they want a rainbow colored unedited pets, then they should be allowed to pay the unedited price and get a rainbow coloured pet. ( the colorist does what it says of the form, if they feel like adding alittle extra cus there in the mood to do it there way, they will need the permission of the owner to do so. ( this is a custom world) but if it were somethings like Semi custom ( where people entered in a form of a list of edits they would LIKE to see but not get because the colorist is CCing the forms they pick then if is a different story) always be careful with customs. you have to remember you aren't getting the pet, but the person who ordered it will, ( your wouldnt like to get a pet, look at it, feeling you kinda wish you hadn't got the custom, right ? )

( to not allow clothing edits or wing edits or cosplay on any line wouldnt appeal to any one, your just going to make it harder to sell your pets to any one. but it is your shop your Rules the easier it is to read and understand the better, No one wants to read 3 pages of writing when you can sum it up in just 1 page.

you can even have a second lot copy any paste the standard pricing and change it to Weiling prices.

( You should never allow elders to be a bribe thing there supposed to be gotten through rp and it is unfair for those who have rp'd to see some one who hasnt but managed to get a bribe, get and elder before them )

it will cause drama, so i would stick to the rules you have set for yourself. dont do the whole one rule for one thing it is just bad @.@

Your going by the looks of it make your story line complex and detailed if you are then all the rules and regs will be there and people who become you regs should learn those rules or traditions. but try not to complicate things too much, fair enough if you dont want certain species to have cosplay edits, you might have to make room for other things though.
The less complex the custom and breeding parts of the better. Sweet Simple To the point. else your just going to get alot of messages saying Can i have this> can you do this?

Make A list of the racies if you want under the customs part

dragons:: All forms of edits allowed:
cats: No cosplay, but all other edits allowed

If you really want this kind of ruling

i wish you luck with your shop. and hope that you get some good backing for it, and hopfully you understood at least half of what i wrote XD
Ah sorry i wrote way to much T^T good luck !!!
i mean it all in good spirit, and routing for this shop to come to life, when you do look me up haha maybe my shop will be up by then ha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff