1 2 3 4 >

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
[ HALLOWNEST ETERNAL ]
{ a B/C and CRPG interest thread }

Welcome to Hallownest Eternal, an Interest Thread for a Hollow Knight -inspired B/C shop and CRPG.

No prior knowledge of the source material is required for full enjoyment of this concept, and multiple options for both acquisition and usage of your Bug will be available.

You may notice that the contents of this thread are a bit... excitable and eclectic. The tone will be reigned in for consistency and professionalism as we begin to polish our Nails and get proper upkeep going here, though, so don't fret.

SURPRISE!! This is actually still happening. The longest phase of game design is the start-up, and I was pretty sick 'til just recently. ouo;; But I'm back on my madness now!!

User Image

Table Of Contents:

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
[ Introduction ]
{ "From our ashes we rise... In honorable image of our King.." }

Hallownest was meant to be a haven, to be The Eternal Kingdom.

But it collapsed long ago, under the grieving weight of an infection. Under
The Radiance.

Her light cut like daggers into the minds of each bug that called Hallownest their home. Brother turned upon brother. The bugs of Hallownest returned to the beastly ways of old. It was the end of a way of life, the end of a kingdom, the end of a world.

Our gracious and glorious lord,
The Pale King, in his eternal wisdom and with his great prescience, sacrificed his own children, The Cursed Progeny, to allow us a chance at salvation.

This alone was not enough, however. Even the Pure Vessel, our own Hollow Knight, and The Three Dreamers, were not enough. Slowly, the Radiance continued to seep through, and infect Hallownest to its furthest reaches.

Ages later, one of those Cursed Progeny, a small knight, returned to our lands from beyond and chose to make a renewed effort to beat back the Radiance. Through luck, or fate, or something greater, he stumbled into an alliance with
The Scarlet Flame, the Nightmare King and his strongest Grimmchild.

With the combined might of our own dear Pale King, returned, along with the Grimm Master, the Young Flame, and this small Void Given Focus, the cruel unity of the Radiance was beat back.

Hallownest now rises from its own ashes.

There is much to be rebuilt. But with all of us together, and with a new era of gods upon us, there is only adventure in those dangerous caverns below. The tragic story of our history is finally at a close, it seems.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
3rd post from my outline.

About - Basics

you know what that means, my dudes???? it's your FAST FACTS on what kind of GOOD TIME you are in for!! we got activities, we got quests, we got breeding, we got premade bugs pets, we got chances for a Create-A-Bug for you art types, we got THE. GOODS. and adventure, and an over-arching plot, and some lore, probably. you'll love it.

and if you dont thats a shame but my friend and i love it so itll still be a Good Time.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
[ Staff ]

User ImageGaian: Twelve Yb TnuoC
Call Me: Twelve, 12
Pronouns: He/Him
Role(s): Primary writer; concept; administration; Gaian B/C Expert; graphics
Other: I know my sig kinda makes it look like Twelve is my age, but it's really just my name. :T

User ImageGaian: VisceralLuster
Call Me: Viz; Vis
Pronouns: They/She
Role(s): Primary artist; concept; administration; dA and CRPG Expert
Other: Tumblr Examples [x] [x] [x] and dA Examples [x] [x] relevant to the theme of the shop.

User ImageGaian: Omnicrex
Call Me: Omni, Omnicrex
Pronouns: They/She/He
Role(s): Moderation, activity management, general assistance
Other: Omni has experience in thread moderation, group admin, problem solving and activity checks. Also, 12 and Omni have been friends for 362,785,69,382,689,573,240,742,988,942 centuries.

[ Hiring ?? ]

Although the shop is fully functional with its current staff, all considered reliable staff members who are committed to the concept and it's execution, with the time, skills and resources to follow-through on it, grand ideas can often benefit from additional competent hands.

Do you think you may be interested in aiding with the rebirth of Hallownest? If so, please stick around the thread with us! (You're also encouraged to do so if you are looking forward to joining our citizenry with your own Bug, of course, but it's especially pertienent if you might want a staff role.)

Application forms for interested Gaians will be added later, once the thread is more complete, but positions we are most interested in are:
arrow (a) secondary artist, particularly for colors and minor line edits on the average Bug, to alleviate Viz's workload in providing Bugs outside of Create-A-Bug options.
arrow (b) graphic artist, to alleviate 12's workload by providing banner templates, or certs or other supplementary graphics if you have experience with that.
arrow and (c) moderation and execution assistance, possibly, depending on the size and interest level available through both Gaia and deviantART. Please note that since Play will be available on both sites, interested parties should have both regular online time and either an existing dA account, or be willing to create one for use on dA as well as Gaia. Experience with BC shops or CRPG/ARPG groups is a must, and both is preferred. To alleviate all three Staff members' workloads. but particularly Omni's.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
[ To-Do ]
{ "There is so much still to be done." }

An incredible amount of work goes into a B/C Shop, or a CRPG/ARPG group, both front-of-house, and behind the scenes. We are creating something that is a kind of both. Included in this post for the sake of greater transparency is a categorized To-Do list for the process, and although it is by no means exhaustive, it should give some idea of the progress we make each day, and what lies ahead.

We believe there's a certain amount of commitment to creating an Interest Thread, and so although this one was put up in a bit of a hurry, it was with full understanding and appreciation of that commitment. When we provide Pick-Ups of our first Bugs, ready to tackle the new era of Hallownest, we will have both met that commitment, and cemented an even greater one to provide an exceptional experience in story, stability, moderation, accessibility, and fun.

We look forward to serving each of you, the future citizens of the reborn Hallownest, Eternal.

Last Updated: Novemeber 6th, 2018
Wow, that DESPERATELY needs an update soon, hmmm.

Interest Thread:
  • Opening
  • Intro
  • About - Basics
  • Staff (& Hiring ig)
  • To-Do List
  • The Bugs* (DO INFECTION THO, 12)
  • The Play
  • FAQ
  • Rules
  • Affiliates and Lists
  • Contest rules & terms, then open it

Concept Art:
  • Voidlings ?
  • Sturdy Citizens
  • Agile Citizens
  • City Sentries
  • Lifeblood, & infection examples/theories ?? ?
  • Line and prep concept art for use
  • NPC sounds ????????
  • i don't even know, honestly. possibly some items/etc

Graphics:
  • oh geez
  • just. so many. banners. sidebars. cert. the works.

Back-of-House:
  • Accounts (email, Gaia mule, dA Group)
  • Select image host, preferably that allows pets to grow naturally without required pick-ups and independent hosting for Owners (if possible)
  • outline event plans for 1 - 3 events to allow engagement and new citizens through and after launch
  • create, set-up and test Discord server for staff and-or community
  • set-up and manage cloud-share option for staff of critical files (like import sheets, style guides, activity spreadsheets, pre-formed responses, randomized activity chances, etc)
  • study dA CRPG/ARPG groups because 12 has no idea what's happening off Gaia but does most of the coding and graphics, lmao
  • organize existing specifications in a single location, coherently
  • set-up and test dA group to match tone and information available on Gaia
  • set-up and prepare Guild for private forum aspects, maybe?
  • go ahead and prepare some Lore, 12. We know that's what you're Weakâ„¢ for.

Early Activities:
  • prepare rules and guidelines for independent activities
  • prep scoring and point system break-downs for staff and owners alike
  • pre-write a few adventure kits and maybe a good ol' quest path or two for launch
  • i'm sure there are more steps but i turned out my lights like a fool and i'm Sleepyâ„¢ now

Grand Opening:
  • Shop Thread in Breedable/Changing Pets forum on Gaia
  • launch event, with the free RP period, and advertising of it
  • a few pre-made pets for flat-sale or raffle
  • primary NPC bios and portrait(s)
  • ostensibly some other stuff, i assume

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
[ The Bugs ]
{ "Dear citizens of Hallownest: Now is the time! Rise up!" }

The City of Tears has been reclaimed! From the ruins of the infection, we rebuild. Although every citizen of Hallownest is asked to take up Nail or tool, and assist in our rebirth, our kindly Kings allow each their own choice if they will or not. We have already suffered; now it is time to heal.

Our shop will offer adorable Bugs recovering from their own apocalypse for interested Gaians. These Bugs are made with their design drawing heavily from the Hollow Knight game, however familiarity with the game isn't necessary for full enjoyment of the shop, Lore, or the Bugs themselves. Although there will be a wide variety of activities available so you can Play with your own Bug, that won't be mandatory, and if you would prefer to just own an adorable apocalypse bug then you will be just as welcome to the shop! Activity will be encouraged and rewarded, however, with greater options for customization, growth, and story for dedicated Gaians.

Planned Bugs:
(Those expected to be ready by launch are in bold)

• Voidling
  • Former Husk* (there are a wide variety; only a few will be available at first)
  • Mosskin
  • Mantis
  • Bee
  • [a Secret]
  • [another Secret]
  • GrimmChild

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.{ v o i d l i n g }

¤ anticipated to be one of the most popular Bug-types. the same as the main character of the game.
¤ commonly considered an "object" by the citizens of Hallownest, but it turns out they are far from without their own Mind.
¤ countless Voidlings were lost in the effort to prevent Hallownest's ruination
¤ the Voidlings are the result of a fusion of
Soul and Void. This gives them some unique properties and abilities.
¤ To acquire a Voidling, typically, their Potent Shell must be recovered. Then their Shade must be collected from the Abyss, and the two healed and rejoined by the Pale King. After they've been brought back to life, their normal growth can continue.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.{ s t u r d y . c i t i z e n }

¤ a resilient bug with a strong shell that allows them to withstand more force than most.
¤ an average citizen of Hallownest, capable of a wide variety of occupations.
¤ generally seen as ordinary citizens, shopkeeps, miners, and occasionally explorers.
¤ a few minor variations of his build are known, but may not be available at launch.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.{ a g i l e . c i t i z e n }

¤ a lithe bug with strong legs; all excellent climbers, and often quick.
¤ a common citizen of Hallownest, they are at home throughout the kingdom.
¤ generally seen as ordinary citizens, shopkeers, messengers, and occasionally explorers.
¤ most get antsy when carrying heavy loads, as they are accustomed to being quick and relying on that maneuverability.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.{ c i t y . s e n t r y }

¤ a well-balanced bug with a natural affinity for tools and weapons.
¤ a common citizen of Hallownest with a strong sense of duty, to the Pale King and their fellow citizens.
¤ sentries enlisted in droves to help the Pale King defend Hallownest, and in particular the City of Tears. So common was their role as guards that their kin are only known as Sentries, now.
¤ their are a few minor variations of this build, typically reflecting their weapon specialty or if they have wings or not. Some have grown quite large and fearsome.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

[ Growth Paths ]

Since many bugs in Hallownest appear quite similar, there will be a variety of minor customization options (as well as more significant changes that can be gained through Play). One of the most interesting options for those are Growth Paths, which over moderate to major changes in the development cycle of your bug.

These Growth Paths are based on the Lore of the shop and source material, and offer interesting new ways to Play your Bug, fresh story opportunities, and sometimes unique abilities or NPCs and Quests to access. Most Growth Paths will be accessed through Quest Lines, but some uncommon Bugs might be available with a Growth Path already applied to them, through Events, Customers, or other special circumstances.

¤ Lifeblood ¤
At times, the damage left in the wake of the Radiance may be too significant for even our Pale King to mend. In these dire times, our generous King has chosen to allow the desperate to, under certain circumstances, allow the usage of
Life Blood to heal the otherwise mortally, irrevocably wounded.

Life Blood, which flows from the Abyss and congeals in vivid blue cocoons, as been shown to bring back the otherwise fallen from the brink of death. Its effects and the ramifications of this are not yet fully understood.

¤ Radiant Infection ¤
Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy idefk i'll come back to this OTL

¤ Fungal Spores ¤
It is not currently known if a healed citizen can be fungified and survive, or if already fungified citizens can be healed, but they do still wander in the Fungal Wastes, some seething infectious Radiant Haze. Be wary of them on your adventures.

¤ GrimmKin ¤
The Scarlet King,
Troupe Master Grimm has a traveling group of bugs, known as the Grimm Troupe, who feed on the flames of Nightmare energy in order to cleanse and purify a fallen kingdom. The lost, despondent, exiled, those few that remain in the ruins.... often join the Troupe, and move on to the next strange land to cleanse.

However now that the Scarlet King has settled amongst us, there should not be much need for others to join their bizarre, musical, mirthful ranks. The siren song of the flame needn't call any more to his fold, now that he has Hallownest to call home. Right?

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Play, but i havent rly finished it /awkward laugh

Consider this a semi-official rough-draft / sub-Outline / Pre- Write for the Play post.

Say, hypothetically, that you have cute bugs. Now what???????

Hallownest Eternal is designed to be part BC Shop, part CRPG. In an "ARPG" (Art Roleplaying Game), progress is made by drawing your Character or Pet doing things according to the rules, regulations, theme, etc of the group/RP. We consider Hallownest Eternal to be more like a Creative Role Playing Game, which is a somewhat newer term going around that's designed to be inclusive of writers or other forms of art, rather than strictly focusing on 2-D visual artists.

So. How will that differ from ordinary RP-intensive BC shops?

The most notable difference for those familiar with BC shops is that activity will be expanded to include visual arts, like drawing. The more structured roots of CRPG and ARPG groups will also hopefully make engaging in RP easier for writers as well, by providing more inspiration, prompts, and framework for Owners to be active with their Bug. The third primary difference is that there will be an option for commissioning to count toward activity, so if someone becomes invested enough they seek fanart of their bug or hire a graphic artist to help them create a thread post-style, their Bug can receive credit toward growth for that.

These influences will also mean that the relationship between Activity and Growth will be quantified for interested Owners. Although it's possible to just play around with your Bug and report that to Staff, if someone were interested in reaching a specific point or accomplishment with their Bug they could plan out their route and activities, much like saving up for a future purchase.

Activity will provide a variety of reward options, including unlocking new activities/questlines/etc, additional Breeding options for getting new bugs with your friends or fellow citizens (or possibly a shop starter) once that's open, customization for your bug by way of items, scars, or even a chance for a unique pose or different Growth Path for them, and on top of that, some Bug Types will only be available through events, bribes, or advanced activity/questlines that require an existing Bug to complete them.

The following are current planned options for Activity:
> independent one-shots, including journal entries, stand-alone art, drabbles, etc
> semi-independent one-shots with staff-provided Random Chance results, such as gathering resources or researching things to help with reclaiming Hallownest
> structured Questlines, a combination of Random Chance and Choose Your Own Adventure. Available by Region of the Kingdom, with varying danger levels, and layered to unlock cooler or rarer questlines as your Bug advances
> timed Events, with both group/shop-wide and independent participation options for additional rewards for a current bug, or chances at getting rarer/cooler/more unique bugs than usual
> credit for written or drawn roleplays with other Bug owners, including those done in private (like through IMs) with sufficient proof of completion
> one-time activity bonuses, such as for creating a journal, making or commissioning a post design/layout/graphic, or similar, which might not be appropriate for recurrent activity but is still part of the "Creative" process in CRPG

Details, Lore-flavored theme'ing, and more information on the methodology and quantification system + rewards will be forthcoming, but this should give you a good idea of the kinds of options planned to be available at Launch for new Bug owners.

You'll like it. we got PLANS. a good time. let your cute bugs do stuff. this'll talk a little about what some of that stuff might be.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
8th post from my outline. eight is actually my second favorite number.

this is the FAQ, probably. it's only got one question so far, tho.

Q. Ummmm??
A. yeah, same!

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
9th post. rules.

by posting to this thread you agree to abide by these rules. you also acknowledge that these rules will be expanded upon and you are responsible for reviewing them before additional posting. no one will get in trouble for doing smth not covered in The Rules at the time of their posting.

The Rules:
> dont be a jerk or whatever
> gaia tos
> legal sounds, probably
> etc

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
[ Affiliates and Lists ]
{ Our brethren strengthen us. }

First our White List, for those who have shown exceptional support and valor to Hallownest Eternal and/or its staff.

• Tenko72
  • Meevles
  • The Color of You owners (please PM Twelve for more information)

Our Gray List will be for users who are on probation for breaking the rules or general misconduct. It will include the terms of their probation and the end-date.

• {empty}

Finally, the
Black List will be for users who have repeatedly or profoundly violated the rules of the shop, or otherwise wronged the staff directly in the context of the shop. The final terms of a shop ban will be outlined in the official thread.

• {empty}

Affiliates? None yet. This is heavily inspired by the Hollow Knight game, though, so here's some links about that.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
11th post.

outline says i just keep reserving thru the whole first page now. hmmm....

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
12th post.

eighteen is actually my third favorite number. after those all numbers are more or less equal to me in affection, tho.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
13th post. also reserved.

i do have a preference for numbers that end in 5 or 0, though. you know, halves or tens.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150
14th post, still reserved. almost there.

also prefer evens to odds, but very marginally. all numbers are valid. 3s are nice, 7s are nice. numbers are A-OK, even if i do have favorites.

Versatile Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Entrepreneur 150

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items