Welcome to Gaia! ::

You know, I have no problem looking at free puppies and walking away, or seeing a dog running down the street who has a collar/can possibly be lost. I suppose if I had my own home i'd take in a 'lost' dog and find it's owner.

But today, someone came into the pet shop with an adorable chihuahua, and if you know me those are among my favorite dogs---perfect dog for me and my life style. needless to say, I could even turn down a 'free puppies' sign---mostly because I know they'd get a home one way or another.

So this Chihuahua was hanging around this guy's house for 4 days. He advertised it on partyline (Basically you call into this radio station all this stuff you want to sell/find/give away/lost, and you wait for people to call you back about it.) and had no luck there, not one person called back.

So he's been feeding it, and this dog is chunky. It had no collar at all when he found it. It's nails are a bit long and it looks like she's been traveling too just by the wear, and she needs an obvious bath.

And then my boss and i were just talking about it with the people and I agreed to take the dog when I move, August 1st, and in the meantime my boss will take care of it and she will spend days in the pet shop with us and nights at my boss's house. She's a dog sitter anyhow.

Monday i'm taking her to the Vet to see if she has a chip and ask if they can tell if she's been spayed, and have a general consensus of their idea of age. Really, the dog has VERY healthy teeth too. My husband brought in our chihuahua too, to see if they'd get along at all. Zeus was a bit standoffish towards her but that's nothing new, he doesn't like anyone or anything for the most part. Can't say I blame him either half of the time. Needless to say she fell in love with him (Yes he IS neutered) and she followed him around like a puppy xD

But i'm just wondering, why always me? xD Every lost or scared animal always tends to come to me, and I usually baby sit animals/pregnant animals/hurt animals, etc;. I've found a lot of homes for animals i've sat before, too.

Oh, and just a sad part of my day, and who knows maybe it's why she found her way towards us, but my mouse died last night. =( Stubbs, the tripod mouse. Not really sure what caused it, wasn't hurt at all, then again I don't know how old he was when I got him. Surely not of old age though, and he was at a healthy weight.

And I will include a picture of this new girl;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edit: I also posted a lost dog notice on our local Facebook Swap Shop (Without including ANY details except breed, I said owner must message me with specifics about dog, so people wouldn't lie) as well. I won't do Craigslist due to spam.

But I won't go out of my way such as posting signs around town or any of that. =/ If the owner doesn't post signs, look on the internet, listen to the radio, then they just aren't looking.

Update:

Molly will be staying with us. We took her to the vet; and she didn't have a chip. They also found no signs of scarring from being spayed, either. Next week we're getting one of my dogs neutered, and then after that we'll be getting her her shots. So that gives us time still of course, if there happens to be an owner around. Though at this point we're now spending money on her, and if theres an owner they're paying me back. xD

But we will be keeping her if nothing comes up! We also have a backup home if something goes wrong with us.
Yes you have a good Hypothesis.
If you believe in a higher intelligent power, Morphine, I think that's its way of telling you what your purpose in life is. xD If you want to get all metaphysical/philosophical about it, anyway.

If you want to be more down-to-earth, then it's gotta be because A) you work in a pet store, B) you have a big heart for animals, and C) maybe a little bit of good gossip is getting around about you and your ways with animals. xD I kid, kinda, on that last one. But it would make sense. People talk about things, and maybe customers who appreciate you talk about you around town? Always a chance.

Who knows. Read into it how you will, I reckon. :3 Better them coming to you than something happening to them.
Eizoryu
If you believe in a higher intelligent power, Morphine, I think that's its way of telling you what your purpose in life is. xD If you want to get all metaphysical/philosophical about it, anyway.

If you want to be more down-to-earth, then it's gotta be because A) you work in a pet store, B) you have a big heart for animals, and C) maybe a little bit of good gossip is getting around about you and your ways with animals. xD I kid, kinda, on that last one. But it would make sense. People talk about things, and maybe customers who appreciate you talk about you around town? Always a chance.

Who knows. Read into it how you will, I reckon. :3 Better them coming to you than something happening to them.

Oh yeah, and we've had people come to us with dogs before. Just about 2 weeks ago someone brought in a Yorkie, which is my boss's favorite dog. I'm not sure if an owner was found or not.

We try to tell people to avoid the humane society as much as they can, it's a kill shelter AND they mistreat their animals.

Even when I was a kid, though, i'd find animals a lot. I remember the first dog I found was a cute beagle mix my Dad said we could keep, until the neighbors started complaining about it barking all the time. I was afraid of it too to a point where I wouldn't pick it up, but I was young. We let it go, and another neighbor took care of it for a while until it went somewhere undetermined. Though, looking back too it wasn't just my Dad letting it go because of barking, someone had actually promised me a lab (And I was YOUNG) and Dad said if we didn't have the other dog and we let it go we could have the lab...xD I never got that lab, for the record. Better I didn't.

This dog just somehow got me. Though in my heart I keep thinking and going through finances now that we're moving out, as to if "can I afford this dog" so i'm really, truly, contemplating hard on this. It's another mouth to feed, vet bills to pay, even more so if it isn't spayed. I know if I find myself not being a good home I will find a good honest home for it. I know my Mother in Law wants another dog, though xD So I might get her to keep it even if i'm not able too. I won't let her have my chihuahua, Zeus, because he's my little sunshine. So she keeps begging for him and what not. I told her i'd adopt a dog for her from the humane society when we move out. xD
Just an out there question for anyone to answer with experience--

Obviously I have to wait until Monday to find out if the dog is spayed. Can a vet tell if it is spayed without opening it up at all? I'm not sure how it works any more to be honest.

Or is there a way I could tell? I noticed it had sort of a saggier tummy, not like a pregnancy kind of sag, but like when you get a female cat neutered and their stomach drops a bit with age. I've never had a female dog, either. I saw no scarring on her at all, either.
Morphine Kiss

Obviously I have to wait until Monday to find out if the dog is spayed. Can a vet tell if it is spayed without opening it up at all? I'm not sure how it works any more to be honest.

Or is there a way I could tell? I noticed it had sort of a saggier tummy, not like a pregnancy kind of sag, but like when you get a female cat neutered and their stomach drops a bit with age. I've never had a female dog, either. I saw no scarring on her at all, either.
Err... All I can say here is that I don't see any scarring on my JRT, either, and we know she's fixed. But that's the extent of my knowledge there.

As to your post back to me. lol Well, the 'avoid the humane society' bit does rather explain things, no? Maybe you just got good at it as you grew up.
Oh man, that sounds like me every time we make a pricey purchase. xD Whatever you end up deciding, though, will probably be a good decision for this pooch. Whether you end up keeping her or no.
Eizoryu
Morphine Kiss

Err... All I can say here is that I don't see any scarring on my JRT, either, and we know she's fixed. But that's the extent of my knowledge there.

As to your post back to me. lol Well, the 'avoid the humane society' bit does rather explain things, no? Maybe you just got good at it as you grew up.
Oh man, that sounds like me every time we make a pricey purchase. xD Whatever you end up deciding, though, will probably be a good decision for this pooch. Whether you end up keeping her or no.

Haha, I miss being young, never a care in the world about money. Now it's "Can I do it safely?" I'm so on edge all the time about screwing up my credit, I give my husband a good talking to everytime he spends money without asking me. xD I've never once messed up--but my Dad drilled it into my head to never mess up or you'll get yourself in a world of trouble. Now days, anything you do, you need good credit. xD

Needless to say I really do hope that she is spayed. My vet charges 130+ for dogs that aren't puppies, to get spayed, mostly because ahead of time they do blood work to make sure the anesthesia can be handled and some other things. And actually that 130 is for neutering xD So i'm not sure what spaying is. Zeus was I believe 170 because his was extensive, had an undescended testicle, but my in laws paid for that xD But thanks for checking on yours =3 I'd say it's safe to assume if it's done right there won't be scarring?
So guys, another question has popped up.

Obviously this dog has had a home previously, though it came with no tags, and tomorrow we're finding out if it is chipped or not.

Anyhow in the event it's not chipped;

I don't know if it's had it's yearly shots. How do vets go about dealing with that? Is it safe to have shots twice in a year?

But in order to get the dog registered under my name in the city, I have to get it's shots done. And monday i'd register it if it has no home.

I'm really hoping it has no chip. xD

Today i'm going to go see her at my boss's house.

Oh, and we've named her Molly.
I think theres just these people in the world that Mother Nature loves. I mean, my friend is able to get close to horses and cats without scaring or spooking them but whenever anyone else tries, they always walk off.
Mechanical Adam
I think theres just these people in the world that Mother Nature loves. I mean, my friend is able to get close to horses and cats without scaring or spooking them but whenever anyone else tries, they always walk off.

Haha, I can't manage to do that with cats usually, but horses I can.

I am always surprised when someone can get close to animals like that, of all types. <3
Went to visit Molly at my boss's house! =D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just happened to have a dress lying around that I brought with me to have her try on. xD

YES she is very Chunky D: I can't wait to start working on that weight problem she has. JoAnne is working on getting her on a feeding schedule in the mean time, and no scraps like a lot of people tend to do, which I assume is how this dog got so chunky, or free feeding, or both.

-Still hoping she isn't chipped xD-

Ohhh the anticipation!
Updated in first post =3

On another note, I found a cute dress for her for 2 dollars that i'll be picking up Thursday. <3 xD

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
For being what she is she is cute. I think I would of went with Hera or something for a name to go with Zeus XD

as for shots (though the vet already answered iit razz ) I don't think it will harm the for i know Linxie got his rabies shot like 3 times when he was lost with in the shelters and going to new homes were he would bite people (he is happily back at home being top barn) I'm sure any animal that comes in to a shelter or something gets a full round of shots before adoption.
Mistress of Rain
For being what she is she is cute. I think I would of went with Hera or something for a name to go with Zeus XD

as for shots (though the vet already answered iit razz ) I don't think it will harm the for i know Linxie got his rabies shot like 3 times when he was lost with in the shelters and going to new homes were he would bite people (he is happily back at home being top barn) I'm sure any animal that comes in to a shelter or something gets a full round of shots before adoption.

Haha, I had been leaning towards Athena (Sounded cuter, and Zeus was a whore anyways with all things female...and male) and then Jason comes home and says, "We're going to name the dog Molly" without saying anything else. xDD Then, we went to my boss's house and we told her the name and all and she's like "I think I recall in Greek Mythology, Hera being Zeus's wife, so rightfully her name was Hera...oh well, not a cute name" ha!

Wow--it's so weird that it won't have an over all effect at all---especially 3 times o_o That's quite a bit xD Though they must administer it just safely enough to allow for that. I'm almost wondering if she gets her shots regularly anyhow, a lot of people don't around here. It's not even that expensive xD

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Morphine Kiss
Mistress of Rain

Haha, I had been leaning towards Athena (Sounded cuter, and Zeus was a whore anyways with all things female...and male) and then Jason comes home and says, "We're going to name the dog Molly" without saying anything else. xDD Then, we went to my boss's house and we told her the name and all and she's like "I think I recall in Greek Mythology, Hera being Zeus's wife, so rightfully her name was Hera...oh well, not a cute name" ha!

Wow--it's so weird that it won't have an over all effect at all---especially 3 times o_o That's quite a bit xD Though they must administer it just safely enough to allow for that. I'm almost wondering if she gets her shots regularly anyhow, a lot of people don't around here. It's not even that expensive xD

yeah. smile

I think people don't think about it... like how some people *cough* wont go to the doctor until something is wrong...even if they need yearly physicals...so they do the same thing to their pets not taking them in until there is something wrong.

tonya is taking Ika when she takes her cat to go get shots, i jsut have to pay her back for it. and since we know we can jsut take the stickers and do home shots we might be doing that... and just updating them when the barn cats get done.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff