Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a Dance audition for A DisneyLand Parade coming up and I'm nervous i don't know what to expect or how i should even prepare for such a thing x.x well besides the obvi stretching etc….. sweatdrop

Salty Codger

nucci101

I actually had a couple of friends go through the dance auditions for Disney.
They both got offered jobs, too. biggrin

The parade auditions are relatively simple. They will teach you some choreography and then you will get in a line and march across a room, doing the routine. If you can move your hands and your feet at the same time, you should be pretty good. Just try to keep your line straight. Keep at least one person in your peripheral to make sure you're still pretty much in the same place.

My friend's advice is to simply relax, pay attention, do your best, and, most importantly, have fun. They want to see that you can learn choreography and that you enjoy expressing yourself through movement. If you find yourself making a mistake, don't worry about it. Just get back on track as quickly and smoothly as possible. And don't EVER give up!

The great thing about Disney is that they look for potential. They know they're going to train you, so just enjoy yourself!

(As a side note, I auditioned for Universal Studios once. The dance routine they taught us was INSANE. It was this Michael Jackson-inspired dance that was incredibly difficult for anyone without at least a little dance training. I was in the first group and about halfway through, I got super lost. So I just started jiving, making up random moves until I figured out where we were. At the end of the routine, they didn't tell us to stop, so we all just freestyled. All these people around me were doing these crazy dance moves and I was just standing in the middle, doing the sprinkler. But I got offered a job, so I guess I did something right. xD )

Edit Also realize that if you don't get offered a job, it most likely has nothing to do with your marching skills. Places like Disney and Universal have very specific size requirements when it comes to their costumes. They may be looking for people under 5'2" or over 6" or something. It all depends on what characters they are casting for. You should always go back and audition again if you don't make it.

Newbie Noob

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
nucci101
I have a Dance audition for A DisneyLand Parade coming up and I'm nervous i don't know what to expect or how i should even prepare for such a thing x.x well besides the obvi stretching etc….. sweatdrop

well i'm not sure what circumstances you're auditioning in
but i could tell u what i went through and maybe it would help?:
[i was a disney dancer last year, and my friend has been a disney dancer for 2]
well the reason im saying circumstances matter because what happened for us is,
disney scouts came to our dance studio so watch our ability as a whole and technique i believe
and they asked us to tryout. during tryouts they taught us a jazz/ballet routine.
and had us do across the floor combinations (THAT SASSY JAZZ WALK)
flexibility is pretty important! for us it was implied that we had all our splits because the combinations they taught us required it.
and they test kicks. the higher the better
they will ask you if you have tumbling skills (if you dont its fine its just a plus. and again flexibility kicks in because if you do get in they attempt to teach you basic tumbling)

Being a Disney Dancer:
You grow as a dancer, learn new techniques, and [maybe, i did] do partner work
They expect you to be able to adapt and learn quickly.
and u have to be able to execute moves such as:
fouette
jete (grand and normal)
switch leap
pas de bourree
clean triple piroettes
clean double piques
6 steps (varies)
fan kick
tours
axials
barrel turns
stag
scorpion
center
etc. . .

if you

Its an experience thats worth all the time and effort i felt like i learned a lot from disney.
good luck.
and i was in the disney x-mas parades 3nodding
[not sure if the audition process will be the same]
My friend, Frankie, has been working as a Disney dancer for like 3 years and he went on tour with them a while ago. As long as you can pickup on choreography fast the audition should be easy. They'll teach you a dance (you have to learn it pretty quick) and then usually you and everyone else auditioning will perform at the same time. Hopefully you'll get a job offer!

I know it sounds cliche, but seriously just be yourself. Disney scouts LOVE personality and enthusiasm. Try your best at the dancing, and show them how excited you are and you'll totally do well ^-^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff