Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey everyone, my university is putting on Spring Awakening this April, and I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions for an audition song. Preferrably nothing from an "overdone" musical, and it can be a non-musical song as well. I want to play Moritz, if that helps. Thanks!
What voice type are you??

Liberal Smoker

Dont do sadness

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Well, the best I can find out about Moritz is that it's some sort of tenor role - if you could give more information on your voice type, that would definitely help narrow down your choices. Also, some info on your previous vocal background could be helpful as well.

As a potential starting point, I really like the Hal Leonard "Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology" series, as they have pretty much everything you can think of, separated by voice part. Here is Book 1 of the Tenor version on Amazon, so maybe consider picking one up or browsing through the song titles for one that you think would suit your voice well?
If you're going with a musical theatre piece, consider looking at the songbooks of American Idiot, bare: a pop opera, and Rent. Those are all similar in style, and have songs that are assumably in your vocal range. Find a piece you connect with and work it.

Break a leg!

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
When I auditioned for the U.S. National Tour back in 2009 they asked us to sing a "short folk or alternative rock song". I opted for some Sufjan Stevens. Romulus. They must have liked it because I got a callback for the role of Ernst, but they cut me because I was seventeen and they said I was just too young. I was never sure if I should have believed them or not though because the call was for people aged 17-24. Hmm . . .

Sparkly Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I don't know your voice type but since it's a rock-type of musical, I suggest you should probably go with something within or close to that genre. Some Musicals to look into if you're trying to find songs for that: Next To Normal, Rent, Jesus Christ Super Star, Hair, Wonderland, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pippin and probably GodSpell.So yeah try looking into those plays and see what songs you like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff