Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arcoon Effox
Faustine Liem
Stan just Stan
You know I was suspcious before. But now I realize this, you are in love. You want to BANG Arcoon. Its pretty obvious that you have a waifu, and that waifu's name is Arcoon. Like seriously, there is NO other reason why'd you make this whole thread, constantly go 'NOTICE ME SEMPAI' over and over and over again.
The reason he made this thread was because SARL0 manipulated him into it. You can see the situation begin developing into what it's become here if you're interested; scroll down from there and watch the fun as it unfolds.

When you're done there, you can go here. It's another thread where SARL0 derails the topic by attacking atheism, but in this one she starts s**t-talking behind my back. When she gets called on it, lo and behold, before long her new hero pops up again, and starts regurgitating his stock arguments on Rumblestiltskin.
''

My, O My. s**t talking? Stock Arguments? Let's see. You are on a thread specifically set up for your hero, Arcoon Effox, and not for you. And you are s**t talking, both of you. But I don't see anyone addressing anything I've said here, head-on, like adults. Nope, in fact this is now a sewer of Atheist s**t talk.

But anyone of you could, given your self-perception of massive intellects (even though couched in pure s**t talk), you should be able to eviscerate my statements with your vast array of brain cells. Now why would we think that it is, that it has not happened? Why would the genius class (of empty denialism?) not provide intellectual guidance to the benighted class? Why would they rather just invoke their childish invective in the form of cheap smut talk? It might make one think that - since that is the full scope of the output here - that such smut talk is the sum total of the intellectual capacity of these massive intellects.

But let's give them - you - all the advantage: go ahead; if you have intellectual principles which guide your genius, then you must have beliefs (axioms, first principles, deductions) which guide your worldview. If so then what are they? Don't be selfish, clue me/us in so that I/we can be as arrogantly elite and demeaning as you are.

OK then. Your turn. Go.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Arcoon Effox
The reason he made this thread was because SARL0 manipulated him into it.

Unless Stan IS Sarlo. That's always a thought in my head. I think Antonine and GSK are the exact same person. So its not a stretch to think that Sarlo comes back just to talk to himself congratulating himself.

But still, I think you got a "admirer" who wants a waifu.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Faustine Liem
Arcoon Effox
The reason he made this thread was because SARL0 manipulated him into it.

Unless Stan IS Sarlo. That's always a thought in my head. I think Antonine and GSK are the exact same person. So its not a stretch to think that Sarlo comes back just to talk to himself congratulating himself.

But still, I think you got a "admirer" who wants a waifu.

Stan's not Sarlo. You can kind of tell by the tone of their posts....unless Salro is just REALLY good about changing her tone to sound like someone else.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Stan just Stan
My, O My. s**t talking? Stock Arguments? Let's see. You are on a thread specifically set up for your hero, Arcoon Effox, and not for you.

Who said Arcoon was ANYONE'S hero?

Quote:
And you are s**t talking, both of you.

Do you get paid for the hypocritical comments you make or is that just another way you display your cognitive dissonance? EVERYONE is s**t posting, bud...including you.

Quote:
But I don't see anyone addressing anything I've said here, head-on, like adults.

Probably because Arcoon already pointed out the problem with your assertions, but your head's so far up your own a** that you couldn't hear it. Presupposing someone else's beliefs only works when the target of the arguments actually believes what you're claiming they do. When they don't (like right now), you look like an idiot. It'd be like any of us arguing with you based on what we know about different denominations than the one you believe in...it makes for a piss poor argument.

Quote:
Nope, in fact this is now a sewer of Atheist s**t talk.

You say that like you're not knee deep in s**t already...

Quote:
But anyone of you could, given your self-perception of massive intellects (even though couched in pure s**t talk), you should be able to eviscerate my statements with your vast array of brain cells. Now why would we think that it is, that it has not happened?

Because many of us, myself included, have already responded to your dumbass statements....and you're still not responding to why we object to your line of reasoning.

Quote:
Why would the genius class (of empty denialism?) not provide intellectual guidance to the benighted class? Why would they rather just invoke their childish invective in the form of cheap smut talk?

Cause your thread is s**t. So we've taken it upon ourselves to entertain.....ourselves...

Quote:
It might make one think that - since that is the full scope of the output here - that such smut talk is the sum total of the intellectual capacity of these massive intellects.

And which of us were claiming the "oh, I am so smart" banner? I don't think I've seen anyone claiming intellectual superiority....except for you, with your tired a**, boring a**, debunked a** arguments.

Quote:
But let's give them - you - all the advantage: go ahead; if you have intellectual principles which guide your genius, then you must have beliefs (axioms, first principles, deductions) which guide your worldview. If so then what are they? Don't be selfish, clue me/us in so that I/we can be as arrogantly elite and demeaning as you are.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
OK then. Your turn. Go.

If you really wanted intelligent discussion...then you should act in that manner. Instead, you rolled up in here, told us what you think we believe, and then demanded that we defend positions that aren't ours. For all the s**t talking you do about how poor other people's logic is, you surely don't see the fallacies in your own arguments, now do you...

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Rumblestiltskin
Stan's not Sarlo. You can kind of tell by the tone of their posts....unless Salro is just REALLY good about changing her tone to sound like someone else.

Hey changing accounts to my Grant Dynasty one worked for that Anti-Semite lady awhile back. I didn't change my rhetoric much with that change over.
Rumblestiltskin
Arcoon Effox
Faustine Liem
Stan just Stan
You know I was suspcious before. But now I realize this, you are in love. You want to BANG Arcoon. Its pretty obvious that you have a waifu, and that waifu's name is Arcoon. Like seriously, there is NO other reason why'd you make this whole thread, constantly go 'NOTICE ME SEMPAI' over and over and over again.
The reason he made this thread was because SARL0 manipulated him into it. You can see the situation begin developing into what it's become here if you're interested; scroll down from there and watch the fun as it unfolds.

When you're done there, you can go here. It's another thread where SARL0 derails the topic by attacking atheism, but in this one she starts s**t-talking behind my back. When she gets called on it, lo and behold, before long her new hero pops up again, and starts regurgitating his stock arguments on Rumblestiltskin.

Which, after I responded, it seems he went silent. Seems like he doesn't want to talk to me. I guess I scared him off. I guess my tsundere act was too tsun... crying

It was pointed out by Arcoon that I should talk only on threads I start and only about the subject title of the thread, unlike Arcoon, the others here, and yourself who barge in anywhere and say whatever. Like the newbie to this site that I am, I foolishly believed what Arcoon said. So I left and didn't go back. I don't remember what I said, and I don't know what you replied. You may repeat it of course, if you choose to. In fact, you could address those issues direct in this thread to Arcoon; it's open since he's not doing it.

You could start at the beginning:
"Provide your case which supports Atheism or Adeism, starting with all of your empirical, material evidence (you know: deduction of a material, universal law or truth followed by the material test for falsification/non-falsification, with multiple tests showing non-falsification, open data, peer reviewed and published in respected journals - standard for generation of objective knowledge), OR provide disciplined Aristotelian deduction with grounded, true premises, valid form, and passing Reductio Ad Absurdum - i.e., standard logic 101.

When you have done so, then we will have something with actual content to discuss. However, if you persist in claiming that Atheism has no intellectual content since it is merely "absence of belief", then there is nothing left to discuss, is there. Of course not."

Or you could move on to this:
"Well, I did forget the purpose of all this: Arcoon, is there a creating deity? Yes or no".

Or possibly this:
" Well, Arcoon is still being coy. He obviously does not want to discuss the intellectual basis for the grounding of his worldview. Probably, one might think, because his Atheism is based on an intellectual VOID, leaving no intellectual, rational content to discuss.

This is the case for all Atheists, yet somehow they believe themselves to have an enhanced intellect purely by virtue of having adopted this intellect-free, evidence-free, logic-free worldview foundational VOID.. They come to believe seriously that dodging intellectual responsibility for their mindless rejectionism is a feature demonstrating high intelligence and elitism, so the condescension and insults they throw out which are based in their own intellectual vacuum represent elite superiority. In actuality they are merely sputttering juvenile arrogance in the sense of know-it-all self-delusion. An intellectual VOID does not produce superiority in any form or manner. The Atheist VOID is merely a relief from authority by virtue of simplistic rejectionism-without-cause.

When someone claims to be the sole possessor of X but refuses to demonstrate that X, he is either seriously mentally deluded, or a liar. When Atheists claim the sole possession of logic and evidence, yet refuse to show it because they also claim to exist in an intellectual vacuum, that is so transparently false that if it were a lie, the intelligence of the liar would be seriously reflected upon. If that is self-delusion, then the sanity of that deluded person would be seriously reflected upon.

At a minimum, the claim of possession of logic, when made by a person insisting upon such an internally contradictory position, is monumentally falsified due to the internal contradiction, a contradiction which he cannot admit to or release. That's because it is necessary for his own protection from having to self-reveal the irrationality of his non-intellectual (actually anti-intellectual) worldview, based solely in the Atheist VOID."

Or this:
"Apparently you hereby agree that you have no material evidence to support your "lack of belief". And you apparently agree that evidence cannot be had, and that since you have none, then you can't realistically demand any material evidence either. If that is not the case then we can discuss the nature of materialistic grounding and the logic of Category Errors.

Since Atheists generally claim to be the sole possessors of logic and evidence to support their Atheism, then your Atheism must be supported solely by logic, having no possible evidence. That means that your decision which you placed on "Ask A Mormon" thread is based in logical analysis of all possible "reasons" which have ever been given for the existence of a deity:

"Since you know I'm an atheist, you ought to already know my answer to this question, but here you go anyway: "There's no reason to believe that there is one". "

Of course this devious answer does not apply to the question: Do you believe that there is a creating deity, yes or no. You avoided the yes or no by the slippery assertion of not having any reason to believe that there is. Which obviously doesn't commit you to either yes or no, and does commit you to a behavior of purposeful deception.

But if you just can't decide (btw agnosticism is NOT Atheism, even under your definition of Atheism as being nothing, just an intellectual vacuum), then your harassment of theists is without any ideological justification, isn't it? Of course it is. But certainly that is not the case, is it? Nope. You obviously do have ideological justification for your behavior, or else you are insane. Let's go with the "sane" hypothesis for now.

Very obviously you do, in fact, have that which you claim not to have: ideological justification for your Atheism. And as we have established, there is no possible material evidence which justifies your Atheism. None. So, of course that just leaves logic, and your further conundrum:

EITHER you have logical, disciplined arguments which refute all possible reasons (logical arguments) for the probable existence of a creating deity, OR you do not have.

IF you do have logical, disciplined arguments which refute all possible reasons, THEN what are they?

IF you have such rational argumentation, but refuse to share it, THEN there are two following possibilities:
a) You cannot support your conclusions with logic and are perceived as embarrassed to show your logical process;
b) You actually have no logical, disciplined arguments at all, and are perceived as lying.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here under the Principle of Charity, I assume that you do have logical, disciplined arguments which refute all possible reasons for the probable existence of a creating deity.

If you do have such logical reasoning, then kindly reveal that to us here on this thread, and explain why you conclude that there "is no reason to believe". It is your chance to convert theists by the use of disciplined logic. I should think that you would jump at the opportunity."

So, have a go if you wish. Arcoon apparently is stuck in his denial of having any beliefs or concepts at all, much less deductive logical refutations, and certainly not any material evidence, and thus needs not actually defend his worldview because it is empty of such things.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Stan just Stan
Arcoon Effox
Faustine Liem
Stan just Stan

My, O My. s**t talking?
Why, yes; the lady you've assumed is some poor little victim did quite a bit of it in that thread:
SARL0, from the thread 'How could something descend from nothing?'
...Arcoon is a bully. he's an experienced debater bringing his fight to the weak and ill prepared and it's totally unbalanced and totally unfair and it's just despicable...

...[He tries to] intimidate the Christians, sometimes ordering /suggesting they leave the forum and go to a guild.

...He runs around here like some kind of cult leader claiming he knows everything about the religion and the bible better than everyone else. it's like he's some all powerful OZ in this forum and i'm sick of it. it's phony, it's not reality and i know the unbelievers are impressed by him and his debate prowess.

... a coward is someone like Arcoon who only fights those weaker than him

...[Arcoon] bullies those who don't know how to refute him for that very reason - because they don't know how to refute him
I'd like to point out that she started talking about me more or less out of nowhere, and that I have zero presence in the thread it was said in. I only became aware of it because someone PMd me about it.
Stan just Stan
Stock Arguments?
Would you prefer "ad nausem arguments"...? That's more or less what I meant, and it's in reference to the fact that all you've really done is repeat the same few assertions over and over again.
Stan just Stan
Faustine Liem
You are on a thread specifically set up for Arcoon Effox, and not for you.
As I've already explained to you, this thread is part of a public forum. Liem can post whatever she likes here as long as it's within the Forum's rules.
Stan just Stan
You are s**t talking, both of you
Pot calling the kettle black much? Every time you think I'm not replying to you fast enough, you start acting like a cocky c**k and taunting me:
Stan
...It's been a day, now, and no Arcoon. I wonder why he hasn't shown up? Anybody know where he is?

...Well, Arcoon is still being coy. He obviously does not want to discuss the intellectual basis for the grounding of his worldview. Probably, one might think, because his Atheism is based on an intellectual VOID, leaving no intellectual, rational content to discuss.

...Are you afraid to speak directly to me? To answer the questions I gave above? To address the issues that I have posted? What are you afraid of?
User Image
Stan just Stan
I don't see anyone addressing anything I've said here, head-on, like adults.
Cool your damn jets, dude. Every time I think I'm done with my response to you, you same some other thing and I have to add my responses to that to the post.
Stan just Stan
This is now a sewer of Atheist s**t talk.
Maybe that's because not even this forum's theists think you have made any good points ninja
Stan just Stan
Don't be selfish, clue me/us in so that I/we can be as arrogantly elite and demeaning as you are.
I think you've already got that in spades, yo.

Now be quiet for a damn minute, so I can finish up my response to all those posts you made which weren't properly addressed at me.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Stan just Stan
It was pointed out by Arcoon that I should talk only on threads

Here's the thing...I'm not Arcoon. I don't care what he said. Sometimes one discussion turns into another, and it's not worth it to create a new thread everytime the topic changes course... however, the reason why people are s**t posting in your thread is the very same reason I already pointed out...it's a s**t thread. You're demanding that someone, specifically, defend a position that they've already said is not their position. At that point, the conversation is pretty much over, and this thread will probably get moved to chatterbox or trashed (where it belongs).

Quote:
I start and only about the subject title of the thread, unlike Arcoon, the others here, and yourself who barge in anywhere and say whatever. Like the newbie to this site that I am, I foolishly believed what Arcoon said.

And honestly, that's probably part of the problem and is demonstrable by your terrible arguments. Someone also told you about apologetics...and you foolishly believed them without even questioning their validity.

Quote:
So I left and didn't go back. I don't remember what I said, and I don't know what you replied. You may repeat it of course, if you choose to.

....It's a forum...you can go look at the thread again yourself. If you've forgotten the thread, it was " How could something descend from nothing?" I get you're new to the site, but it's not that hard to understand...

Quote:
In fact, you could address those issues direct in this thread to Arcoon; it's open since he's not doing it.

He already responded to you, and I have a feeling my response will be pretty close to his, but sure, I'll address you're idiotic ramblings.

Quote:
You could start at the beginning:
"Provide your case which supports Atheism

I remain unconvinced of the claims theists make, however, I do not make a claim about god on my own. If you would like to change my mind on this, provide evidence that supports your god claim or ******** off.

Quote:
Or you could move on to this:
"Well, I did forget the purpose of all this: Arcoon, is there a creating deity? Yes or no".

I do not know since I do not have absolute knowledge. If you would like to claim that there is a creating deity, provide evidence for it or ******** off.

Quote:
Or possibly this:
" Well, Arcoon is still being coy.

I have no ability to ascertain what Arcoon's emotional state is. If you're claiming that you can determine such a thing just from conversing through the internet with someone, please provide evidence for this or ******** off.

Quote:
This is the case for all Atheists,

Said by someone who clearly doesn't understand atheism...

Quote:
Or this:
"Apparently you hereby agree that you have no material evidence to support your "lack of belief".

You ask for evidence of something that can't possibly exist....material evidence of a LACK of something that isn't material to begin with. What the ******** are you even smoking?

Quote:
So, have a go if you wish.

While I did reply, and while I believe that what I said was justified, something tells me that your response will be something along the lines of "nuh-uh...you can't say that. You have to defend this thing over here!" You are a buffoon. You are a poorly written joke from ages ago. You are an idiot, grandstanding in the town square and claiming others to be of a lower intelligence than you. You want people to stop s**t posting in your thread? Provide some actual content. You want a reasonable discussion? Stop telling people what their beliefs are. You want snark? Then come back with your same tired responses, because I'm here to chew bubble gum and s**t post...and I'm all out of bubble gum...

I'm still not impressed...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Arcoon Effox
Stan just Stan
This is now a sewer of Atheist s**t talk.
Maybe that's because not even this forum's theists think you have made any good points ninja

Sarlo does....Remember, this was her white knight that has come to rid the denizens of gaia of the evil bully atheist, Arcoon, and his deviant followers...

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Stan just Stan
OK, so far we have nothing in defense of Atheism, except that it is a negative, a negation, not a positive idea or worldview.
What we have so far is your pretentious a** failing to actually address anything that I said, in favor of just plowing ahead with your already-refuted strawman arguments.
Stan just Stan
It seems to convey, this negation, a sense of arrogant entitlement, as if there is some special knowledge which the Atheist has that theists have none of.
Tell me more about how saying "I'm not convinced by your claims" is a display of arrogant entitlement.

When you're done, we can discuss the arrogance and entitlement of telling someone "You're an awful person if you don't believe in the things I do", and feeling totally justified in believing that, because of something written in an old book.
Stan just Stan
According to the above, there is no content to Atheism, nothing there to discuss.
You invest an awful lot of time and effort into trying to debunk something which you think has "no content". One would think that it would be one-and-done, but instead you've got a whole blog dedicated to the subject. (Well, that and all manner of anti-Left whinging, of course.)

In reality, I gave you plenty of discussion points, and you responded to none of them - including the challenge I made toward the entire premise of your argument, which has gone uncontested.
Stan just Stan
Not the reason for the negation...
The reason that atheists don't believe theistic claims is because, for one reason or another, they're unconvinced by them. I more or less said that before, too.
Stan just Stan
...the VOID of--
Hey, so, why the hell do you keep putting the word "void" in all-caps, anyway? Are you shouting that word in the middle of your sentences...?
Stan just Stan
From my experience, Atheists claim mightily that they are the possessors of the facilities of "logic" and "evidence" - and yet they produce nothing of the sort.
Your experience must be somewhat lacking if you've never heard of people presenting logical arguments for the non-existence of god/s. It's been going on in one form or another since at least ~300 BCE.
Stan just Stan
Claiming no intellectual content--

"Intellectual content" is a legal term which refers to the ownership of written/recorded media:
Example:
The Library wishes to collect and preserve written accounts from various ethnic groups about their lives in this community, with the intent of them eventually being use by researchers and authors.

All submissions, including their intellectual content, become the property of the Library.
...unless of course you're arguing that atheists don't claim legal ownership their ideas, but that wouldn't really make any contextual sense, now would it?
Stan just Stan
It is demonstrated that in valid logic space, either Atheists have one or the other, but not both. By claiming zero intellectual content to Atheism, then, the contrary claim of having either logic or evidence is falsified, much less both, is falsified. And of course, it is not possible to discuss a subject which is characterized as an intellectual void.
Yum yum, word salad. It's more filling and has zero calories, because there's nothing actually to it~!
Stan just Stan
But there is another falsifier, which is the actual observable actions of [Arcoon]. By aggressively attacking theists with his own positions...

your harassment of theists...
I'm just gonna stop you right here, and say User Image

Since you say these alleged "aggressive attacks" and "harassment" are "observable actions", I'd like to see some examples of them.
Stan just Stan
...that he declares correct and true by virtue of his demeanor of intellectual supremacy
I'm fairly certain what you're referring to is an exchange between myself and SARL0 (known to you as "Row Mama" and "Faith Walker"), and for the record I wasn't "declaring myself correct and true by virtue of my demeanor or intellectual supremacy", but defending my ability to interpret the Bible in the first place.

TL;DR, I gave her my educated opinion about a Bible verse that she was willfully taking out of context. Based upon this misinterpretation, she claimed that I was utterly incapable of understanding scripture and giving an opinion about it because I am a nonbeliever. I told her that I'd studied it for nearly 20 years as a believer, and for nearly six from a secular, historical perspective in college, which meant that I not only could interpret it just fine, but was actually something of an expert on the subject. She responded by to that by spewing a bunch papaphobic nonsense at me, and began regularly calling me a "cult-leader", which she has persisted in doing to this day.

(Psst - you do realize that she's manipulated you into fighting her battle for her, right...?)
Stan just Stan
and self-righteousness--
Again, User Image
Stan just Stan
...he displays that which he denies that he even has: beliefs concerning the validity of theism, and by logical extension, deism.
This conclusion which you're arguing by assertion is dependent on proof of the claims you've made about me above.

Similarly, your entire argument is dependent on atheism containing some sort of positive claim about the non-existence of god/s, which you're trying to weasel past the radar with this latest bit of semantic bullshit about "beliefs concerning the validity of theism". You don't get to redefine what atheism is in order to suit your argument.
Stan just Stan
[Arcoon's] objection to providing coherent and disciplined deduction or even standard empirical evidence demonstrates that his non-non-beliefs must not be based on either
My non-belief in theism is based on theism's inability to produce a convincing argument. It's not complicated, so stop trying to pin your shortcomings on atheists.
Stan just Stan
I did present my position first, which is that the Atheist should defend his own position.
So, your theistic beliefs revolve around atheists defending their position? What's that religion called?

I don't know if you're just being deliberately obtuse, but what I was asking for was your position about god/s, since it's apparently not an atheistic one. In other words, I wanted to hear your empirical material evidence, or disciplined Aristotelian deduction with grounded, true premises, valid form, and passing Reductio Ad Absurdum (y'know, Standard Logic 101, or whatever) for the existence of god/s, since you're demanding that of your opponent.
Stan just Stan
The conversation is specifically with you, as designated in the title.
Good for it. However, this is a public forum, and anyone can say anything they like in it without either of us being able to delete their comments.

Well, I did forget the purpose of all this...What? You forgot the whole point of what you were trying to do, and have only just now remembered? What was it that you thought you were doing this whole time, then...?
Stan just Stan
Is there a creating deity?
I already answered this when SARL0 asked it as your proxy, so you should already know my answer to this question. (I also find the way that it's worded to be kind of strange, but I digress.)

My answer is that there's no reason to believe there is one.

EDIT: I've become aware that you were talking to me in a post which was seemingly addressed at Lucky. I address that post below.
Stan just Stan
Arcoon is still being coy. He obviously does not want to discuss the intellectual basis for the grounding of his worldview.

Are you afraid to speak directly to me? To answer the questions I gave above? To address the issues that I have posted?

...Arcoon apparently is stuck in his denial of (blah blah blah, same stuff)
Get over yourself, would you...? I already explained to you that I've got other obligations which are more important to me than talking to some random, white-knighting prat on the internet whose arguments have already thoroughly been debunked by others in the past.
Stan just Stan
Probably, one might think, because his Atheism is based on an intellectual VOID, leaving no intellectual, rational content to discuss.
One might also think that was a malformed sentence which begs the question. Then again, your whole argument is based on an inaccurate presupposition about atheism, so what can one expect?
Stan just Stan
This is the case for all Atheists, yet somehow they believe themselves to have an enhanced intellect purely by virtue of having adopted this intellect-free, evidence-free, logic-free worldview foundational VOID. They come to believe seriously that dodging intellectual responsibility for their mindless rejectionism is a feature demonstrating high intelligence and elitism, so the condescension and insults they throw out which are based in their own intellectual vacuum represent elite superiority. In actuality they are merely sputttering juvenile arrogance in the sense of know-it-all self-delusion.
Here's a picture of a giant strawman to go with the giant strawman you just made...

...and here's a pic of some fake vomit to go with your ad nauseum argument

Stan just Stan
foundational VOID

intellectual VOID

Atheist VOID
User Image
Stan just Stan
When Atheists claim the sole possession of logic and evidence...

Atheists generally claim to be the sole possessors of logic and evidence
User Image
Stan just Stan
Apparently you hereby agree that you have no material evidence to support your "lack of belief". And you apparently agree that evidence cannot be had, and that since you have none, then you can't realistically demand any material evidence either.
Apparently you're fond of duplicitous, self-serving assumptions, because I made no such "agreements".
Stan just Stan
If that is not the case then we can discuss the nature of materialistic grounding and the logic of Category Errors.
Here's an idea; how about you actually ******** make your case for theism, or deism, or whatever the hell it is you're presenting as an alternative to non-belief.
Stan just Stan
Since Atheists generally claim to be the sole possessors of logic and evidence to support their Atheism, then your Atheism must be supported solely by logic, having no possible evidence.
Ever hear of a little concept called "evidence of absence"? Since you're so big on logic or whatever I'd assume you have, but since so much of what you've said has been pure pretense I figure I ought to explain anyway. In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances, it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence.
Stan just Stan
That means that your decision which you placed on "Ask A Mormon" thread is based in logical analysis of all possible "reasons" which have ever been given for the existence of a deity:

"Since you know I'm an atheist, you ought to already know my answer to this question, but here you go anyway: "There's no reason to believe that there is one". "

Of course this devious answer does not apply to the question: Do you believe that there is a creating deity, yes or no. You avoided the yes or no by the slippery assertion of not having any reason to believe that there is.
What's "slippery" is the way this question is worded in the first place, because it's designed so that either answer gives you the opportunity to say, "Aha! So you DO believe in something! Checkmate, atheist!". It's transparent to the point of being comedic what you were trying to do, and now that it's failed you're accusing me of being disingenuous.

That said, when you gave that question to SARL0 for me, that caveat was not even present in the first place. Neither you nor her included it when it was asked of me:

User Image

(Note: That pic is a link which will take you to the post it came from.)

In the future, you'd best get your s**t straight before you accuse people of dishonesty, lest you wind up with even more egg on your face.
Stan just Stan
Agnosticism is NOT Atheism
Correct. They both address different aspects of dis/belief. Here's a handy chart which illustrates this point:

Stan just Stan
Even under your definition of Atheism as being nothing, just an intellectual vacuum--
This is the second time you've attempted to put those words in my mouth, but this time it's extra poignant because it's right on the heels of you (invalidly) accusing me of intellectual dishonesty. Way to show your true colors, Stan.
Stan just Stan
Obviously you do, in fact, have that which you claim not to have: ideological justification for your Atheism.
You think being unimpressed is an "ideological justification"...?
Stan just Stan
As we have established, there is no possible material evidence which justifies your Atheism. None.
You act as though the idea of not being able to prove a negative is some kind of radical new concept...
Stan just Stan
EITHER you have logical, disciplined arguments which refute all possible reasons (logical arguments) for the probable existence of a creating deity, OR you do not have.
...but first, since you are claiming that there is such a thing in the first place, the burden of proof lies on you to provide evidence of it.

You mentioned earlier in the thread to Faustine Liem how Bertrand Russel said that a subset cannot define the set. Well, you know what else Bertrand Russel famously said?
Bertrand Russel
Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics [sic] to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.
If you're gonna ask for evidence from the dissenting side, you'd best get to serving me some tea, Stan. Otherwise, I won't even know what it is I'm trying to disprove - and that makes your disingenuous demands (wait for it...) VOID.
Stan just Stan
...This is your chance to convert theists by the use of disciplined logic. I should think that you would jump at the opportunity.
Well, of course you would think that. You've assumed that SARL0 is indeed some poor little victim who's being picked on by a mean old atheist because that strokes your ego, confirms your presuppositions, and fuels your anti-atheist agenda.
Stan just Stan
It was pointed out by Arcoon that I should talk only on threads I start--
No, it wasn't. What I said was that since the topic of that thread was Mormonism, you going in there and starting to talk about atheism out of nowhere was inappropriate, because it was off-topic.

The more you lie about what people have said, the more credibility you lose.
Stan just Stan
Like the newbie to this site that I am--
says the guy whose profile contains comments dating as far back as 2009 talk2hand

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Arcoon Effox
Xiam
Faustine Liem
1aphy
However, belief soley in God (excluding religion entirely) isn't inherently stupid as many fedora wearers would believe.
That is just a stupid statement there. Not all atheists wear fedoras. Plus, they are TRILBIES what you are thinking about, not real fedoras. Learn your hats there buddy.
Hey now, whoa there. Back the ******** up.

Strictly speaking, there is a difference. Fedoras are wide-brimmed hats which are typically made have deep-pinched creases on the front, and top typically sport a broad band. Trilbies have much smaller brims (which are even shorter in the back, and typically upturned), a somewhat bowled top, and a narrower band. Think Indiana Jones's hat vs Uncle Buck's.

My point wasn't about hats. I know the difference between a ******** fedora and a trilby. It was about the hypocrisy of insisting "Not all atheists wear fedoras," while swapping it up with - goddammit, you deleted the ******** point I was actually making.
Xiam
Faustine Liem
1aphy
It's not constructive to argue it in either direction.

Unless you are talking to a inbred flat earther. Then it is just entertaining.

And not all flat earthers are inbred. Just because a person is stupid doesn't mean they're a product of incest.

This here.

Not all of anyone is anything. I even doubt that 100% of all people are human.
Stan just Stan
Well, Arcoon; you have been challenged, and you sent me away with zero cogent response. So I'll repeat the challenge again:

Provide your case which supports Atheism or Adeism, starting with all of your empirical, material evidence (you know: deduction of a material, universal law or truth followed by the material test for falsification/non-falsification, with multiple tests showing non-falsification, open data, peer reviewed and published in respected journals - standard for generation of objective knowledge), OR provide disciplined Aristotelian deduction with grounded, true premises, valid form, and passing Reductio Ad Absurdum - i.e., standard logic 101.

I'm fully aware that I'm not Arcoon; but I'd like to start with a pair of questions for you.

1. What flavour of tea is brewing in Russell's teapot?
2. If I gave you gasoline of a volume equal to the volume of Russell's teapot, how far would you be able to get riding shockofgod's motorcycle, if after the first 20 kilometers you were forced to ride through 50km of a "fog" containing a smooth 50/50 blend of phlogiston and vapourised juffo-wup?

----

I know the pair of questions is ridiculous. However, I'll answer the first for you: your challenge is steeped so far into the realm of shifted burden of proof that it is necessarily the flavour of the tea in Russell's teapot.

You say this to Faustine Liem:

Quote:
So kindly forgo the cartoons and get to the meat: what can you prove about physical existence that makes Atheism the necessary and sufficient conclusion? What can you deduce which is valid, grounded and true, that makes Atheism the necessary and sufficient conclusion?

Paraphrasing, "What evidence do you have that atheism is necessarily true?" I won't deal with sufficiency here, only necessity. Now, as we know, the difference between a necessity and a fact is that a fact is an observation grounded in this world, while a necessity is true in all possible worlds. So what you're asking with your challenge is this: "What can you prove about physical existence that empirically disproves all possible gods (as atheism is non-belief in gods) in all possible worlds (which is a requisite for asserting necessity)?"

In short, you're demanding the disproof of a non-falsifiable proposition. Well, more accurately, you're demanding the disproof of an infinity-squared number of non-falsifiable propositions. That's what actual logicians (regardless of their position concerning theism) call "doing it epically wrong."

Shockofgod would like all of his possible choppers back. 3nodding
Sandokiri
Stan just Stan
So kindly forgo the cartoons and get to the meat: what can you prove about physical existence that makes Atheism the necessary and sufficient conclusion? What can you deduce which is valid, grounded and true, that makes Atheism the necessary and sufficient conclusion?

Paraphrasing, "What evidence do you have that atheism is necessarily true?" I won't deal with sufficiency here, only necessity. Now, as we know, the difference between a necessity and a fact is that a fact is an observation grounded in this world, while a necessity is true in all possible worlds.

Only under modal logic; necessity accompanied by sufficiency is typically referring to implication - "what evidence do you have that can exist if-and-only-if atheism is true?".
Lucky~9~Lives
Sandokiri
Stan just Stan

Paraphrasing, "What evidence do you have that atheism is necessarily true?" I won't deal with sufficiency here, only necessity. Now, as we know, the difference between a necessity and a fact is that a fact is an observation grounded in this world, while a necessity is true in all possible worlds.

Only under modal logic; necessity accompanied by sufficiency is typically referring to implication - "what evidence do you have that can exist if-and-only-if atheism is true?".

Quite right; I just wanted to deal with the necessity aspect with my post, to illustrate the hyperbole in the shock challenge.
Quote:
Arcoon Effox
Stan just Stan
OK, so far we have nothing in defense of Atheism, except that it is a negative, a negation, not a positive idea or worldview.
What we have so far is your pretentious a** failing to actually address anything that I said, in favor of just plowing ahead with your already-refuted strawman arguments.[/quote="Stan just Stan"]

Oh yes. the standard "you're refuted, we just won't tell you what the refutation is" scam. That's the same scam as "I'm not convinced and I'm not gonna tell anyone why, BUT they are crud for showing up here and making an issue of my non-response" scam.

Arcoon Effox
It seems to convey, this negation, a sense of arrogant entitlement, as if there is some special knowledge which the Atheist has that theists have none of.
Tell me more about how saying "I'm not convinced by your claims" is a display of arrogant entitlement.

Tromping on non-Atheists when you cannot provide either logic or evidence for your own worldview is blatant entitlement to aggression without a reason to be entitled. Now if you had actual reasons or reasoning then you would likely present that, rather than the snarky condescension that accompanies those who pretend to be elite when they are not. True elites do not require snark; they present actual reasons and reasoning.

Arcoon Effox
When you're done, we can discuss the arrogance and entitlement of telling someone "You're an awful person if you don't believe in the things I do", and feeling totally justified in believing that, because of something written in an old book.

You are projecting your own behaviors here; I have said no such thing. You keep calling me a liar, when it is your own lies that dominate. My position is purely that if Atheism has any value intellectually, then Atheists would present their intellectual case. They never do. Like you, they hedge with untestable, unbelievable claims: "I am unconvinced; you must convince me; I will not tell you what it would take in terms of standards of proof; you just must hand me stuff to crap on".

Arcoon Effox
According to the above, there is no content to Atheism, nothing there to discuss.
You invest an awful lot of time and effort into trying to debunk something which you think has "no content". One would think that it would be one-and-done, but instead you've got a whole blog dedicated to the subject. (Well, that and all manner of anti-Left whinging, of course.)

When Atheists can prove that their worldview has intellectual meaning and can be proven at least contingently valid and true, and when they quit their posturing of having superior and elitist knowledge which they cannot have and do not have, then there will be no need to point out the obvious: Atheists have nothing to present; they merely reject without any discernible standards, and then act like they are intellectually superior to the point of going out of their way to attack theists. But possession only of a VOID and even that is never presented as evidence - that is not a path to elitism; it is purely delusional.
"Arcoon Effox"]
Stan just Stan
Claiming no intellectual content--

Arcoon Effox
Stan just Stan

All submissions, including their intellectual content, become the property of the Library.
...unless of course you're arguing that atheists don't claim legal ownership their ideas, but that wouldn't really make any contextual sense, now would it?

You are exhibiting an attempted deception that wouldn't fool a 2 year old. You are attempting to foist off a Fallacy:Equivocation:Redefinition. BTW, that is the same fallacy you use in attempting to redefine Atheism as defined as having no beliefs. No one believes that; no one. It is transparently false, because as you are demonstrating here, your claims are having no intellectual value, no substance, no content.

Arcoon Effox
Stan just Stan
It is demonstrated that in valid logic space, either Atheists have one or the other, but not both. By claiming zero intellectual content to Atheism, then, the contrary claim of having either logic or evidence is falsified, much less both, is falsified. And of course, it is not possible to discuss a subject which is characterized as an intellectual void.
Yum yum, word salad. It's more filling and has zero calories, because there's nothing actually to it

No meat to your rejection? Is this your standard response, then? Just responding with garbage snark?

Of course it is. This is the point where your charade absolutely collapses. You have no rational response, so you do what you do: You merely deny it without a shred of reasoning for doing so. So I'll repeat it, and you can try to actually refute, right here.

We can keep this up until you actually produce something that is not pure condescension, out of your actual position of incredible intellectual weakness.
Stan just Stan

I suspect this reflects your entire mental process - we'll see, won't we?

Arcoon Effox
Stan just Stan

But there is another falsifier, which is the actual observable actions of [Arcoon]. By aggressively attacking theists with his own positions...

your harassment of theists...
I'm just gonna stop you right here, and say User Image

Quote:

Since you say these alleged "aggressive attacks" and "harassment" are "observable actions", I'd like to see some examples of them.
Stan just Stan
...that he declares correct and true by virtue of his demeanor of intellectual supremacy
I'm fairly certain what you're referring to is an exchange between myself and SARL0 (known to you as "Row Mama" and "Faith Walker"), and for the record I wasn't "declaring myself correct and true by virtue of my demeanor or intellectual supremacy", but defending my ability to interpret the Bible in the first place. </i>]
Arcoon Effox

""Get this through your precious little skull: Not believing in something =/= Rejecting something. Your insistence that atheism is "a rejection of Christ" not only begs the question, but is intellectually dishonest from its outset because those are not synonymous concepts."

TL;DR, I gave her my educated opinion about a Bible verse that she was willfully taking out of context. Based upon this misinterpretation, she claimed that I was utterly incapable of understanding scripture and giving an opinion about it because I am a nonbeliever. I told her that I'd studied it for nearly 20 years as a believer, and for nearly six from a secular, historical perspective in college, which meant that I not only could interpret it just fine, but was actually something of an expert on the subject. She responded by to that by spewing a bunch papaphobic nonsense at me, and began regularly calling me a "cult-leader", which she has persisted in doing to this day.

Oh, I get it; YOU are the victim here, right? Sorry that doesn't scan. I've read you're stuff; your arrogance is unmatched by anyone else I've seen here in my short time.

Arcoon Effox

(Psst - you do realize that she's manipulated you into fighting her battle for her, right...?)
Stan just Stan
and self-righteousness--
Again, User Image

One has only to look at your defensive self-justification, just above. You're an expert; so you belittle her. Got it.
Arcoon Effox

Stan just Stan
...he displays that which he denies that he even has: beliefs concerning the validity of theism, and by logical extension, deism.
This conclusion which you're arguing by assertion is dependent on proof of the claims you've made about me above.

Similarly, your entire argument is dependent on atheism containing some sort of positive claim about the non-existence of god/s, which you're trying to weasel past the radar with this latest bit of semantic bullshit about "beliefs concerning the validity of theism".

Har! That's rich coming from the person who has redefined Atheism to suit his own need to conceal his own worldview. Here, let me help:

Arcoon Effox

""Get this through your precious little skull: Not believing in something =/= Rejecting something. Your insistence that atheism is "a rejection of Christ" not only begs the question, but is intellectually dishonest from its outset because those are not synonymous concepts."

Nope. Further, here's your ridiculous claim, right out in daylight. The fact is this:
Quote:

Merriam Webster on-line:
Definition of atheism

1 archaic : ungodliness, wickedness

2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

WHO is redefining Atheism to suit his own argument? Granted there are other definitions which include yours, but your definition is not GOSPEL as you would have everyone believe. Your definition is meant for those who are ignorant of any deity premise/proposition/theory. You are not, and it doesn't apply to you, except by your overexcited, but unauthoritative diktat. Fallacy: CATEGORY ERROR; EQUIVOCATION-REDEFINITION.

Yes, I'm shouting, but I don't use 50 line high cartoons for emphasis either.

Arcoon Effox

You don't get to redefine what atheism is in order to suit your argument.
Stan just Stan
[Arcoon's] objection to providing coherent and disciplined deduction or even standard empirical evidence demonstrates that his non-non-beliefs must not be based on either
My non-belief in theism is based on theism's inability to produce a convincing argument. It's not complicated, so stop trying to pin your shortcomings on atheists.

Did you write that with a straight face? Now you claimed to be merely "unconvinced", right? Before you were completely without any beliefs, but now you believe that all arguments are "unconvincing", right? Here's the thing: that has no meaning, because you do not produce any standards for being "convinced", nor do you produce any arguments which show why you are "unconvinced" or what didn't convince you. Still, that is fully expected, because you have only dodges and deceptions (so far) to offer for your Atheism. You have produced no reasoning and no reasons. So again, your quiver is empty, except for snark arrows, isn't it? Well. Isn't it?

Arcoon Effox

Stan just Stan
I did present my position first, which is that the Atheist should defend his own position.
So, your theistic beliefs revolve around atheists defending their position? What's that religion called?

Fallacy: Red Herring. We are here to discuss the intellectual grounding of Atheism. But you don't wish to discuss that, do you - your own worldview just won't hold up to scrutiny, will it? The basis for the discussion was posted right up front: the discussion is about the intellectual grounding of Atheism, and you seem claim local expertiise. So, according to the topic of the threa, you need to stay on topic... right? Why of course that's right.

Arcoon Effox

I don't know if you're just being deliberately obtuse, but what I was asking for was your position about god/s, since it's apparently not an atheistic one. In other words, I wanted to hear your empirical material evidence, or disciplined Aristotelian deduction with grounded, true premises, valid form, and passing Reductio Ad Absurdum (y'know, Standard Logic 101, or whatever) for the existence of god/s, since you're demanding that of your opponent.

Nope. You won't be allowed your standard deflection and avoidance maneuvers here. Stick to the subject of the debate as it is called out. Either Atheism has principles, standards, refutations, logical argumentation, internal consistency and proper grounding, or it does not. If it does not, then it is empty of rational meaning. Th
HERRING.

I'll return to comment on the rest later.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff