Welcome to Gaia! ::

It was liberating. My mom is a very "my house, my rules" sort of person. Our relationship got a zillion times better after I moved out.

A couple years later, though, they moved to BC. That was hard. It's still hard. It's one thing to live across the city, but another entirely to have to spend $1000 on flights each time you see your fam. I'm out here visiting now, actually. I'd like to move closer if I can ever afford it.

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

I left home when I got married at age 20. I was living in TN and I moved to AZ with my husband. Leaving home wasn't too difficult. I don't get homesick too often and we eventually moved back to be near my family (then eventually moved away again)

The most difficult thing was my dad crying when I left. I'd never seen him cry so it was really emotional for me.
That sounds pretty rubbish.
I moved over 200 miles away from my family, it was scary but liberating. I wasn't particularly close to my family at the time but strangely, we are closer now.
I hope it works out for you.

Magnetic Member

The best after you get over the part of letting go. Once you live on your own fully on your own. It will hard to be living with anyone else ever again. Except indeed for the partner you might choose. But that is of course different. And should work out a lot better considering how similar you are suppose to be.

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Im really close with my mom. and especially since my dad passed away, I really feel bad if I leave her behind. especially since she cant work and is relying on the state to give her s.s.

im not moved out of the house yet, but when I start school again, I might get my own place closer to campus.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
I was pretty happy to leave my home too. My parents were sometimes difficult to get along with.

Shirtless Explorer

Difficult, depressing, almost starved a couple of times, but... still pretty good! I have no idea why but I always hated my parents deep down, and it was great to get away from them, haha.

Sparkly Strawberry

Good luck and hopefully you can move out, cutting the toxin from your life.

Mine was oddly similar except I lived with my grandparents and spoiled brother. He got everything he wanted and I wasn't given much at all. Grandfather was an alcoholic and grandmother was a crybaby who blamed everyone for her problems and made everything about her.

My brother is a spoiled prat who doesn't think for himself and just treats everyone like garbage if they don't agree with him.

I managed to move out at 18, having a job and stability to live on my own, although for a short amount of time I was homeless and couch hopping. I still have contact with two of them and it's still affecting me. I'm trying my best to cut them from my lives, as horrible as they were (I can't even begin to type up everything). They're family but they're terrible and trying to cut ties completely is still difficult.

Moving out was the first and biggest step towards my recovery.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff