Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

Lately I've seen so many feminist acts and rights movements it's starting to hurt my head.
And I'm thinking, why are these women raising such a fuss?
So I did a little bit of research myself and was in shock at everything I had learned...
These women wanted to change something I actually liked. And for not really any real reason, but personal.

I like staying at home and love raising my daughter. I like cleaning and cooking and keeping house.
I love to throw small house parties with my family and friends and play 60s wife.
I don't want to go out and work and make money, my husband can do all that. He can be the bread winner and bring home the bacon.
I'm perfectly happy with this set up. And I don't understand why women don't?

I agree on the part were we shouldn't be treated any lower of a human being and that we are not property, of course we're not, but I don't want to be expected to join in this rally just because I'm a women. Because there are a lot of parts I don't agree with.
I mean I perfectly understand the whole, "A woman doesn't need a man to define her." And I agree that that 100% but those of us that want to stay home and let the man take charge, why ******** up their lifestyle in the process of changing societies look on yours?
Do what the heck you want to do because anything anyone doesn't society is going to look down upon it anyway, just like gays, even if all states legalized homosexual marriages, it still wouldn't be 'acceptable', it would just be legal.

Now I know I can't be the only women thinking this is crazy. I mean I know some men that are feminist too and I'm only with that. But I want to know how many other women feel this way also.

-tl:dr;
i'm an anti-feminist women, hear me roar.

So, Discuss.
emotion_kirakira

Demonic Ally

3rd wave feminists are batshit crazy m8.

Newbie Kitten

To my understanding, feminism would allow you to do precisely that, if you chose to. It is only when and if it was not a choice, that feminism would be against it. Does that make sense?
What you saw was the complaints of social justice warriors rather than the wishes of a feminist.

Feminism is such a widely misunderstood concept nowadays because so many radicals storm about, flags waving, and throw about the term 'misogyny' like it's candy, all the while calling themselves 'feminists'.

The true point of feminism is equal rights between all genders. For everyone to be treated the same. Not for gender roles to be reversed or for men to have less rights than women. It isn't to undermine men or make every woman a working woman.

I am a feminist, and soon to be a stay-at-home-mom. Such a thing exists.

Familiar Friend

mukesha

Well since women have been expected to carry children, keep house and such, it's already there.
So it's not like I have anything to fight against, unless they try and take it away and make all women work and crap.
I mean I'm going to college for a life career but trust me, if my husband had a betting paying job I'm be a total stay at home house wife and mom.

Newbie Kitten

averykae
mukesha

Well since women have been expected to carry children, keep house and such, it's already there.
So it's not like I have anything to fight against, unless they try and take it away and make all women work and crap.
I mean I'm going to college for a life career but trust me, if my husband had a betting paying job I'm be a total stay at home house wife and mom.

I meant that having the choice is the important part, not the result.

Hellraiser

You want to be a stay at home mom? That's cool for you.
You want to work and support your family? That's cool too.
Both? Even cooler!

In LD, you can never win tho.
Since the term is just thrown around.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Jesus Christ, What's with this tryhard contrarian thing that's become so popular?....

Familiar Friend

BlackRoseoftheSea

Well if the oil is wet I usually soak up oil with baking soda. I brush it all off and lather it up with soap and shout. And scrub it to death (lol). I let it soak in boiling hot water, if the clothing can handle hot water. - This is usually with cooking oil or bacon grease.
With whites I do a bleach, baking soda, and vinegar mix. But always test it somewhere were it wont be seen to check for color fastness.

I also use shout oxy srub on everything!!
Mean Green works on oil grease from welder/blue-collar work too.
emotion_c8

Familiar Friend

justkeepdigging

I'm all for gender equality, but that has its own rights movement in my book.
I believe little boys can wear dresses and little girls can play in the mud.
averykae
justkeepdigging

I'm all for gender equality, but that has its own rights movement in my book.
I believe little boys can wear dresses and little girls can play in the mud.

I agree with you. If my son decides he wants to be 'pretty', he is more than welcome to! I will open my arms to him no matter what.

Hilarious Raider

Here’s feminism in a nutshell.

1st wave: women have the right to vote. Let’s fight for change.

2nd wave: women should be equal in politics and economics - in other words, women should get the same wages as men, and there should be no discrimination based on gender. Let’s fight for change.

3rd wave: ******** men and everything they are. If they’re not groveling at our feet, they’re oppressing us. Let’s fight for change.

I was on board up to the 2nd wave, but not past it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff