Welcome to Gaia! ::

So yeah, on Sunday, I had an abortion, using medication (miso-something, I can look at it if it matters), I hit 9 weeks last Friday (a week ago tomorrow), but I took meds then that stopped the growth, and they said I could wait up to 72 hours to take the second medication. My boyfriend was in Canada until Sunday afternoon, so I waited 'till then. It was a little trippy, 'cause during the abortion my water broke, which isn't supposed to happen.
My breasts started hurting yesterday, and now I'm lactating. They're leaking and they HURT! I don't have any normal bras, just sports bras, most of them highly restrictive (I'm FtM, so I use them to bind), and the non-binding ones I do have offer little support. That's not really the point though, Is this normal with late abortions? Could my body have gotten confused because my water broke?
Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

Also, does anyone know how much truth there is to the idea that you can't get pregnant during the first couple months of breast feeding?
no one has any information?
Hmm.. You had a medical abortion- The one with the chemicals in your uteris, correct?

I had two abortions. The first at 14 weeks, and the most recent one, last month at 7 weeks.

I never experienced any of the symtoms you have. Even being in my second trimseter for the first one. However, mine was a surgical abortion.

I would sugest that if your brests hurt, then maybe for now just put like a cotton and some tape over the nipples. I know it would be kind of awkward, but that way you don't lactate all over the place. Go to sleep and then go to the clinic or ER tomorrow. Something doesn't seem right. And especially after an abortion, anything can go wrong, or show up what went wrong. This is your sexual health. Take it seriously- But be weary.
In my experince, even Doctors have a stand on cases like abortions.

I do hope you will be okay.
I have my follow up visit tomorrow anyway. The other thing is, the FDA has only approved this treatment for up to 7 weeks, but that's orally, which wasn't how I was taking the medication. The FDA doesn't know what it's talking about though, as evidenced by the legality of GMOs, and the facts that certain drugs stayed on the market long after studies showed them to be unsafe. Thanks, although I don't know what I'd attach the cotton balls with, since I'm allergic to the adhesive in medical tape.

Distinct Seeker

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I never experienced that.
You're supposed to have a surgical abortion once you hit the 9 week mark, because I'd just missed it.
I suggest seeing your doctor or planned parenthood as soon as possible. The fact that you are lactating is definately not normal.
Kage_no_Taren
I have my follow up visit tomorrow anyway. The other thing is, the FDA has only approved this treatment for up to 7 weeks, but that's orally, which wasn't how I was taking the medication. The FDA doesn't know what it's talking about though, as evidenced by the legality of GMOs, and the facts that certain drugs stayed on the market long after studies showed them to be unsafe. Thanks, although I don't know what I'd attach the cotton balls with, since I'm allergic to the adhesive in medical tape.

You too? I thought my roommate was all alone on that one.
well, if your bras are for binding, stick the cotton balls in, cover with tissue, and be stuffed for the day. I suggest a baggy shirt to cover it.
If not that, places like walmart and the like have bra liners you can put in, or just use a pair of old shoulder pads.
And yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. I don't know where that rumor came from.
Did you happen to mean 9 months?
And you actually got approved for a 2+ trimester abortion? Something with you being in your first trimester and having water breaking and lactating just doesn't seem to fit.
But I would have to review that online..

Edit: Yeah, lactating only happens from the second timseter onwards, and even then, from what I understand, it's a preperation TO lactate.
As for the water breaking.. I think it's very much the same. The fetus is too small to have developed it's sac yet..

Distinct Seeker

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Lady Poppy
Did you happen to mean 9 month?
And you actually got approved for a 2+ trimester abortion? Something with you being in your first trimester and having water breaking and lactating just doesn't seem to fit.

Unless she was dying/severely in danger, 2nd trimester abortions are illegal usually no matter what the case save for those two.
So yes, I think she did mean 9 weeks.
Which is why it's bizarre.

6,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Clambake 200
Yeah that can't be normal. Women don't normally lactate til their baby arrives, maybe a little sooner. So the fact that you're lactating at what would have been only 9 weeks you should really get that looked at. They do have lactating pads or whatever at stores in the baby aisle, you just put it in your bra. Good luck with that.

Familiar Flatterer

Lactation after an abortion, such as a nine week, which is a middle term abortion is uncommon. However, it is not a rare or especially serious thing. Your body develops hormonal changes that increase the ability to lactate during pregnancy and in some women that can be very early on. Oxytocin is the hormone responsible for lactation in the breast tissue, and this can be released anytime after the birth of a child. In the case of an abortion, the medication can sometimes simulate the real feeling of a birth; a pseudo-birth and lactation can occur as an outcome from this. However, because they hurt I would recommend seeing your GP. An infection may occur here, and hormonal stablisation maybe required if it is an inconvenience to you.

On the second question; the first few months of breast feeding; well it takes about two months after the birth of a child to stabalise a normal hormonal rhythm again to release eggs and allow the chance of fertilisation and pregnancy. During breast feeding, Oxytocin is being released to allow breast tissues to lactate, and this can have a weird affect on Oestrogen levels, and FSH levels which control Egg release. It therefore makes it less likely, but not impossible.
Lady Poppy
Did you happen to mean 9 months?

Edit: Yeah, lactating only happens from the second timseter onwards, and even then, from what I understand, it's a preperation TO lactate.
As for the water breaking.. I think it's very much the same. The fetus is too small to have developed it's sac yet..
Quote:

No, I meant 9 weeks. And no, it is not too small to have developed its sac...
Why wud u kill someone who didnt even get 2 come in the world. Thats jus messed up I wud hav had the baby or give it up for adoption

Fashionable Consumer

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
casey_24017
Why wud u kill someone who didnt even get 2 come in the world. Thats jus messed up I wud hav had the baby or give it up for adoption

Well it's a little late to do that, don't you think? confused
casey_24017

Umm...Tell us when your in that kinda persision. Maybe u'd change your mind then.
And she didnt really kill it if it was 9 weeks old. rolleyes

About the lactation i don't think thats normal so i'd definatly get checked out wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff