Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Noe..your fiance?Oh I'm sorry." Sorcha had enough sense to realize she'd stepped on a conversational land mine and was floundering crap I'm not good with these sort of situations what do I do? "err well you got her back at least right?"
"It's fine; she is safe and sound now," he replied, setting the trinket back down after finishing whatever 'inspection' he had been doing of it. "The mission went smoothly and everyone made it back safely to gaia." Smoothly apart from that one point where he may have lost his temper a bit and been forced to wait things out with Eli, but otherwise it went well.

Fashionable Prophet

Dacj was just as grateful as those who'd left then that no one came to any lasting harm. If anything had happened to...well, any of them really, Eli or Seth or Hunter or Kamiko--Haevan she didn't know too well at all, but he seemed nice enough, and it would've been terrible had something gone wrong. She wondered precisely how "smoothly" things had really gone though--Eli hadn't even had shields until they came back, and being around a bunch of highstrung people can't have helped him much at all...
Sorcha in an attempt to move to less awkward subject asked "So Noe's back? Thinking on it I've never seen her around, I once joked that Dacj's family was made up of ninja's since I never saw them, don't tell Noe actually is one?"
It was a valiant attempt on Sorcha's part, but unfortunately one guided entirely in the wrong direction. "She was back, yes, but she's been away since about mid-July," he replied. "Not sure when she'll be able to return." Actually, thinking about it, in another month's time they will have been engaged for a year. Literally half his life, and yet it seemed like they had hardly been able to spend much time together at all this past year. Ironic. "So, find anything of interest in this room, or shall we move on?"

Fashionable Prophet

Dacj gave a little start at the information; she'd known Noe wasn't around at the moment, but she hadn't realized it'd been that long. And when was her sister planning on actually marrying Seth, huh? Then again, she couldn't really complain, not even on his behalf...when it provided a benefit of sorts to her. She hated to see him unhappy, but...well, the last time Dacj and Noe had spoken (could you call a near-scolding "speaking" to someone?) had made it abundantly clear that Noe did not really want the kraken around Seth.

Love was right out the window, she knew, but she'd be damned if she was going to have to give up one of her best friends because his fiancee happened to be kind of a jealous b***h.
Sorcha slowly look back from one to the other "You know I'm not sure but I get the feeling my attempt to move to a non awkward topic failed, and not wanting to get three strikes in a row one of you two has to think of a non awkward subject now! And as for this room yes we are done with it!"
"I thought asking about the room was a nonawkward topic," he replied wryly, leading the way back out of the room. Jokingly, he added, "Well, we could discuss how probably half the dust we are kicking up is the remains of the people who inhabited this planet. That's not awkward, right?" Although perhaps just a bit disturbing in the truth to that.

Fashionable Prophet

"Eh, they were all about 'the rebirth~' and stuff anyway," Dacj said pragmatically, shuffling her way down the hallway. "I think this place is one of the few where people probably could leave before the end--the first emperor on Neo-Sovreem was of Zephyrus' royal family, if I've got my history right. Olwynn's body may be dead, but...it?...is one of the major players in new Empire politics." Ti'ama gender was always one of those things it was better not to think too closely about.
"Eh asking about the room would only have lasted for a moment and then we'd have awkward silence, discussions over the possible remains we're wading through is much better~ though with climate this arid, the bones would still be here even after all this time and we haven't found a skeleton yet~" Sorcha mused as peeked her head into a new room

Friendly Shapeshifter

"Ah, well, I'm glad they might have been able to escape," he replied, although he wasn't sure how far the inhabitants would have had to go to get to the nearest safe planet. Unless they just took a portal, in which case evacuations would be much easier. "How does Olwynn play a part in current politics if dead though?" Although why he was even bothering to ask he wasn't even sure, as most things about the Empire seemed rather convoluted-- politics included.

Fashionable Prophet

"I'm not sure sure there would be skeletons," Dacj said, shrugging. She wasn't quite sure how the whole Ti'ama Tear/crystal of enormous world destroying power thing really worked, other than it had purified everything. Had it also "purified" all the bodies? It was a chilling thought...but somehow more comforting than the idea of running across dead bodies.

"Because Olwynn isn't dead. Olwynn's body is. There's a difference. Phanes is kind of the same way, except the planet's kept alive by Sennith. When the refugees fled the Old Empire on a Lifeship, they took their Ti'ama with them--in vessels. Amulets? Anyway, that's where the tradition of transformation objects comes from. Usually it's a link to the 'mother star' but in the case of the Empire now, you're actually carrying around part of your Ti'ama." She wasn't really sure herself why that was possible, but it hadn't seemed to have occurred to the Imperials it was possible to move the Ti'ama until the last minute--so perhaps someone outside had intervened? The mysterious First to Shine, maybe?

"So part of the reason the Empire causes trouble on Phanes is you take all these world dragons, who're used to having their own planets to muck about on, and shove them all on a continent...together. Bad things're pretty much destined to happen." Really, if she was a Phoenician, she'd have kicked the Imperials back into space a long time ago.
"Hmp buch of big fish thrown into a small pound why don't they spread out to other worlds again? why stay cramed together on Phanes?" Sorcha asked " Hmm dead body.. soul in an amulet... you know it almost sounds almost like some one adapted the Rites of Lichdom for use on Ti'ama..." Sorcha mused as she moved to a new room, they where nearly to the stairs the lower levels should be more interesting with the more important rooms being lower down. As She worked Sorcha seemed to be disturbed by a sudden thought "Dacj please tell me that Eli's Ti'ama isn't one of the imperial ones is it?"

Fashionable Prophet

"Oh, they're not allowed to, apparently," Dacj said, with a smirk. "They were only saved because otherwise it would've been genocide--doesn't mean their savior appreciated their empire-building shenanigans. The Empire is what caused the Fall, or so the chroniclers'd say, so I guess they thought to attempt to reform themselves. Hasn't worked, if Nevreso's any indication..."

Dacj held a small marble bust in her hands, tracing over the fine sculpting, when Sorcha asked her next question, and gave a little start. "Oh, heavens no! Eltimion's a proper moon, orbiting around Phanes. Eli's just...the first Contractor she's ever had, even though she's been alive...well, millions of years."

Friendly Shapeshifter

The cheetah Hyte listened closely as Dacj described the current situation of the Imperials. So that many of the Ti'ama were still alive in some form? No wonder the situation on Phanes was such a mess. He would need to do some serious studying before going, and make sure to avoid any of the Contractors there at all costs. If such a thing was possible. He'd also have to be wary of any other telepaths about. Hm, on that note, perhaps he should consider asking Reira to teach him how to block any others out from his mind, just in case...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff