Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

what is the closest genre you could classify this band as??

also if you listen to them, please tell me:

what was the first song you heard by them:
when you heard that song:
your favorite song:
your favorite album:
favorite band member/character:
anything else:

Magical Friend

I would call Gorillaz pop music now that they have had some time to develop.

And then to answer your questions,

what was the first song you heard by them: I think it was Feel Good inc., Idk, I was 9 or 10.
when you heard that song: I saw snippets of it in the "now thats what I call music" commercial that summer. Of course it was from the cartoon video, so I googled it.
your favorite song: Probably Empire Ants.
your favorite album: Plastic Beach. I don't like the hip-hop on plastic beach, but I think it is def the most cohesive album of theirs all the way through, cover to cover.
favorite band member/character: Idk, noodle?
anything else: I was heavy into them as a kid, but now not so much. I listened to them to much and they have been on hiatus/breakup something. It's unclear. I didn't like the themes on Plastic Beach because I love nature so much, so it left a bad taste in my mouth, lol.

Magical Friend

machuchu
I would call Gorillaz pop music now that they have had some time to develop.

And then to answer your questions,

what was the first song you heard by them: I think it was Feel Good inc., Idk, I was 9 or 10.
when you heard that song: I saw snippets of it in the "now thats what I call music" commercial that summer. Of course it was from the cartoon video, so I googled it.
your favorite song: Probably Empire Ants.
your favorite album: Plastic Beach. I don't like the hip-hop on plastic beach, but I think it is def the most cohesive album of theirs all the way through, cover to cover.
favorite band member/character: Idk, noodle?
anything else: I was heavy into them as a kid, but now not so much. I listened to them to much and they have been on hiatus/breakup something. It's unclear. I didn't like the themes on Plastic Beach because I love nature so much, so it left a bad taste in my mouth, lol.

I looked it up. Feel Good Inc. was on NOW! 19 back in June of 2005. I was 9 years old.

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
I would classify them in maybe the alt genre? They mix trip-hop and rap and pop and all these other genres to create a great mesh of music. NOW THE SURVEY

what was the first song you heard by them: 19-2000
when you heard that song: I saw the music for it on MuchMusic and fell in love with the animation. I was hooked from there
your favorite song: Ghost Train
your favorite album: Demon Days
favorite band member/character: Noodle or 2D (because he's SO cute)
anything else: there's just no other band like them

Hygienic Genius

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
I have no idea what you would classify them as, they are so different every time

what was the first song you heard by them: Clint Eastwood
when you heard that song: About 6 years ago with my cousin
your favourite song: agghhhh I don't know....El Mañana maybe
your favourite album: Demon Days
favourite band member/character: Noodle. Or Murdoc because he's pretty funny.
anything else: I own the converse they brought out ages ago with Do Ya Thing

Shaggy Codger

...but Gorillaz aren't indie confused ...

Feel Good Inc.
Too many good tracks to pick just one as my favorite
Demon Days
2D
I bought all three of their studio albums.

Trash Kid

Latin Simone (G-sides version)
Hip Albatross
G-sides
2D
no

also I don't think they're "Indie"

Dapper Genius

3,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Well, at first, they were "zombie trip-hop", but after listening to "The Fall" and "Plastic Beach" (their latest albums), I would call them "zombie trip-POP".

The first song I heard was probably "Slow Country" off of their first album.

I was probably about one or two, I just remember my mother saying that I liked it.

My favorite song is probably "Kids with Guns" or "To Binge".

My favorite album is definitely "Demon Days", their second album.

My favorite character is Russel or Noodle.

Anything else: There's a video of me singing the chorus to "Clint Eastwood" when I was four. I apparently loved that song too, but not so much anymore.

Clean Member

...youtakeyourtime...

✌✌

what was the first song you heard by them: 19-2000
when you heard that song: I don't remember. I was pretty young though.
your favorite song:
By album:
Gorillaz: 5/4 or Rock The House || Demon Days: Last Living Souls or White Light
D-sides: Rockit || Plastic Beach Superfast Jellyfish or Rhinestone Eyes
The Fall: none, did not enjoy that album at all. :/
your favorite album: Gorillaz and I actually quite enjoyed Plastic Beach, didn't think I would, but I did!
favorite band member/character: MURDOC, dirty bloody b*****d.
anything else: I really really really did not like the Fall. I HAVEN'T A CLUE what DA was thinking/aiming for.
Though his new solo album, Everyday Robots is pretty good so he hasn't lost ALL touch.

....✌✌..

...younglion ...

Heart Star

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
gaia_angelleft at this point i'd classify them as punk pop! gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft what was the first song you heard by them: do ya thing! wish i had it on my phone cat_sad gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft when you heard that song: when it came out in 2012! i listened to it as soon as i got my gorillaz converse gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft your favorite song: melancholy hill 100%!!! i listen to it everyday practically *o* gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft your favorite album: melancholy hill for sure! biased, of course, but i just love the tone of it~ gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft favorite band member/character: noooooodle!!!!!!! who doesn't love her?!?!?! gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft anything else: keep being a gorillaz fan!!! gaia_angelright

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces