Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
YahuShalum
Ratttking
TEZKA5
it also makes me wonder how the cars are maintained there.
where do they get engine oil and where do they get parts like spark plugs, timing belts, etc.?
Most private citizens there do not own cars, but there are plenty of nations who will sell them parts they need.
Yeah like Russia just forgave 90% of the debt North Korea owed them. I'm thinking russia wants a pipeline through there.
Er, why? NK has no oil, or do you mean a pipeline to supply them with it?

Blessed Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Willow Louviere
StephyA
North Korea
North Korea isn't a threat to anyone beyond South Korea and perhaps 'Japan'. There's never really any reason to get paranoid about 'another war' as far as North Korea is concerned because they spend most of their time d**k-waving more-so than anything else.

Anything can happen, don't discount anything

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
David2074
"There is no human rights situation existing in the DPRK," Ri said. "The DPRK has the best social system in the world,

That's a relief. I was worried they were kind of messed up over there.
It's reassuring to know the rest of the world got it wrong and things in the DPRK are just ducky.
I wonder if they actually believe any of the garbage that the spew out, or if they really think they're fooling anyone by making claims like this.

They've been basically the "boy who cried wolf, always" laughingstock of the world for decades now.

Mega Noob

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
And the US Military is more concerned with small groups of rebels in Yemen?
Ratttking
YahuShalum
Ratttking
TEZKA5
where do they get engine oil and where do they get parts like spark plugs, timing belts, etc.?
Most private citizens there do not own cars, but there are plenty of nations who will sell them parts they need.
Yeah like Russia just forgave 90% of the debt North Korea owed them. I'm thinking russia wants a pipeline through there.
I have no clue what for really. I just know Russia dropped 90% of their debt and rumor has it it's about a pipeline. Does NK have natural gas?
midnight_angel628
And the US Military is more concerned with small groups of rebels in Yemen?
Those small groups don't have nukes. America is like a big bully that only picks on countries that can't fight back. It's going to get bad if China and Russia decide to rally against us. (Which they have already began to do) Red Dawn might actually turn into a work of non-fiction...

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
YahuShalum
Ratttking
YahuShalum
Ratttking
TEZKA5
I have no clue what for really. I just know Russia dropped 90% of their debt and rumor has it it's about a pipeline. Does NK have natural gas?
I don't think so, my search turned up nothing, but Putin does want to build a pipeline across the peninsula.
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2013/11/13/Putin-mulls-gas-pipeline-to-South-Korea-through-North-Korea/UPI-91981384345624/
Ratttking
YahuShalum
Ratttking
YahuShalum
Ratttking
TEZKA5
I don't think so, my search turned up nothing, but Putin does want to build a pipeline across the peninsula.
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2013/11/13/Putin-mulls-gas-pipeline-to-South-Korea-through-North-Korea/UPI-91981384345624/
Wow Putin's doing something America could never do. Connect the Koreas! haha Literally at that.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Valiant Corvus
David2074
"There is no human rights situation existing in the DPRK," Ri said. "The DPRK has the best social system in the world,

That's a relief. I was worried they were kind of messed up over there.
It's reassuring to know the rest of the world got it wrong and things in the DPRK are just ducky.
I wonder if they actually believe any of the garbage that the spew out, or if they really think they're fooling anyone by making claims like this.

They've been basically the "boy who cried wolf, always" laughingstock of the world for decades now.

I've wondered that myself but honestly I think it is about controlling their own population. Closed borders and brainwashing from birth so yeah, I think the average citizen believes at least some stuff we don't find credible. But I think technology keeps creeping in and making the lie a little bit harder to believe. Like I've read stories of using balloons from SK to drop cell phones and other info from the outside world.

Also, I suppose at some point the lie(s) became so big it would be difficult to unravel them. At what point do you stop telling your citizens your leader is an immortal god and fess up to the fact you've been spewing tons of s**t for decades and living lavishly while many of them starved to death, enjoying vices you tell them are immoral and illegal? The county may suck but he still needs his worker bees. And at this point I suspect even honest well intentioned change would have to come slowly. They live in a country that tells them how they are allowed to cut their hair. True freedom would likely be a huge culture shock.

Lionheart

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
I can't wait to see this.

Will be the best darn bottle rocket you've ever seen.
YahuShalum
Ratttking
YahuShalum
Ratttking
TEZKA5

No. They want to sell it to South Korea, so they are paying off North Korea to let them put it through their territory.

Greasing the wheels, if you would.
I don't know why but it reminds me of this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas