Welcome to Gaia! ::

About this...

Bad idea... Kids that young shouldn't be touching them 0.39024390243902 39.0% [ 16 ]
Bad idea patriotic education taken to far 0.14634146341463 14.6% [ 6 ]
They could of displayed the gun but let them wear the helmets 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Nice idea so long as they weren't teaching them how to use it. 0.073170731707317 7.3% [ 3 ]
So long as the parents were okay with it 0.14634146341463 14.6% [ 6 ]
Other 0.24390243902439 24.4% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
< 1 2

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Rhianna
David2074
Rhianna
crystalpraise
and this would never go down in America lol

Kids are pictured with guns all the time in the US. The US has more private gun ownership than Russia too....so not much place for the US to try and look down their nose at anyone over gun anything pretty much. xp

Disagree.
It is not uncommon for a youth to be pictured with a gun if the family is into hunting or something.
But that is a private situation where the parents or guardians are deciding it is okay.
What we don't have in America is schools having little kids as a class posing with guns (real or not) and telling that is how to be "patriotic".

So yeah, I can look my nose down at that all I want.

Go ahead, I'll just continue to think it's completely hypocritical given how many American elementary school students bring guns to school. The fact that there's teachers involved in one and not the other makes little difference to me. Keep your own house clean before you point fingers. Again, to me America has no place to judge the Russians. How many school shootings has Russia had again? Ah yes, like three. Try to pretend that Russia is this backwards, barbaric state because of it's guns all you want, they don't seem to have the guns in schools issues that the US constantly does.

That's some seriously broken logic you have going on there.
The fact that there have been some school shootings in the US doesn't make it hypocritical for people to think it is a bad idea to glorify guns in school to young children.
You are the one making this a "US vs Russia" thing.
I think the people here speaking out against this would have that opinion whether it is in Russia or the US or wherever.

You live in BC. I live near BC and I know bad things happen there too. Also in Canada as a whole. That doesn't mean it is hypocritical for you to be against something that might help to make those bad things happen in some other country.

We in the US are not the BORG or some hive mind where we all have to think the same thing.

Hilarious Puppy

Rhianna
David2074
Rhianna
crystalpraise

Kids are pictured with guns all the time in the US. The US has more private gun ownership than Russia too....so not much place for the US to try and look down their nose at anyone over gun anything pretty much. xp

Disagree.
It is not uncommon for a youth to be pictured with a gun if the family is into hunting or something.
But that is a private situation where the parents or guardians are deciding it is okay.
What we don't have in America is schools having little kids as a class posing with guns (real or not) and telling that is how to be "patriotic".

Go ahead, I'll just continue to think it's completely hypocritical given how many American elementary school students bring guns to school. The fact that there's teachers involved in one and not the other makes little difference to me. Keep your own house clean before you point fingers. Again, to me America has no place to judge the Russians. How many school shootings has Russia had again? Ah yes, like three. Try to pretend that Russia is this backwards, barbaric state because of it's guns all you want, they don't seem to have the guns in schools issues that the US constantly does.

Yeah, Americans have had school shootings, that doesn't make it "patriotic." No one plans school shootings like a class portrait! One kid sneaks a gun in, causes hell, ruins lives, and disrupts the still waters of the thin lake on the subject we call "trust." No one trusts a child with a gun! That's parenting 101! But if it's safe? Like completely unloaded with adult supervision around and little to no chance of things going to hell? That's fine. If you're going to complain about hypocrites or people judging others, then please consider all the facts before pointing fingers like you think we do.

Parents as a whole will never think something like a group of children posing with real guns is okay. In what world is that okay?! You're damn right we are worried! That's what makes us human! But don't you dare consider comparing a safe, adult supervised class activity to a school shooting where individuals take it upon themselves to commit such a horrid act. I don't care how you see it, because that is ******** horrible of you to think like that. cat_scream

Blessed Genius

Tipsy Smoker

Rhianna
David2074
Rhianna
crystalpraise

Disagree.

School shootings are the least of concerns with Russia. They have so much more wrong with them.
applefidelis
what works for Russia is different than what works for America. I think, that this education is fine, so long as these guns do not contain bullets. Military education is mandatory in Russia, anyway.

that is true but as little as kindergartens thats to young.
applefidelis
what works for Russia is different than what works for America. I think, that this education is fine, so long as these guns do not contain bullets. Military education is mandatory in Russia, anyway.
Thats prolly why they are all anti-gay now because of the military mindset. They are going to be raised as a paranoid country and cause s**t down the road.

Clean Hunter

oblivion_rich123

I think that safety in this case is important for any age.

NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
Thats prolly why they are all anti-gay now because of the military mindset. They are going to be raised as a paranoid country and cause s**t down the road.

There is no real connection between learning how to operate AK47, and paranoia about gays.
applefidelis
oblivion_rich123

I think that safety in this case is important for any age.

NewtonsFlamingLaserSword

There is no real connection between learning how to operate AK47, and paranoia about gays.
Speaking from example if these scenarios were in a vacuum yes but its more complex than that and in general militarism is paranoid. Its the sign of what is to come that the ak training informs us about. Just like people raised to be dentists see various foods or oral habit's consequences on teeth and it motivates their decision making more, its the same with every profession. All they know are safety drills and battle preparation they will be somewhat more paranoid, which means more cracking down on suspicious or different behavior because territorial thoughts automatically have a response in the brain to suspect those who are more different. Simple studies could prove it increases intolerance of difference when its primed for the word military. For instance when priming for a religious context people automatically tended to be less tolerant of those with differences and more racist.

Clean Hunter

NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
applefidelis
NewtonsFlamingLaserSword

Speaking from example if these scenarios were in a vacuum yes but its more complex than that and in general militarism is paranoid. Its the sign of what is to come that the ak training informs us about. Just like people raised to be dentists see various foods or oral habit's consequences on teeth and it motivates their decision making more, its the same with every profession. All they know are safety drills and battle preparation they will be somewhat more paranoid, which means more cracking down on suspicious or different behavior because territorial thoughts automatically have a response in the brain to suspect those who are more different. Simple studies could prove it increases intolerance of difference when its primed for the word military. For instance when priming for a religious context people automatically tended to be less tolerant of those with differences and more racist.

It's too much to say that military education would cause such xenophobia. Instead, it is important to know Russia's history of isolation from the rest of the developing world. The Mongols and others who conquered our country held it back from becoming civilized. When these periods brake, it is too rapid change for the country to catch up and things became confused. Russia is still behind at this time, and with recent sanctions I am worried for the future to repeat the past, but anyway, that is a different subject. However, it can explain the reason for some fear of the unknown. Russia is Russia, and self-reliant, so sometimes foreign things can be distrusted. At this time, Russians are just not used to acceptance of gays getting married, as the rest of the world moves past this thought. It's just history. When we are talking about religion, it can be a different story, since the beliefs in many religions are just too different, and people are very passionate about his own religion. So it's a situation about who is wrong and disrespectful and going to hell, I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff