Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweets?

Nope 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Yup 0.52941176470588 52.9% [ 9 ]
I've never heard of sweet before in my whole life 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]

I think that eating low carb really works out well for me. I used it at the beginning of my weight loss, and then switched to calorie counting around 30 pounds in. I've been stuck at around 55 pounds of weight lost for a while now, and I think I'm going to hop on the low carb thing once again.

I'm going to keep it really simple for myself since my schedule is decently busy at the moment, and make my own low-carb shakes for most meals, and then have vegetables and protein for one meal a day (granted it'll be a lot of vegetables.

Do any of you follow a lowcarb diet?

Do you stick more strictly to ketosis?

How have your result been?

Did you like them better compared to regular calorie deficit weight loss?

In a relationship with User 26213645

I was only looking to lose 5 lbs or so, so keto was too extreme for me. I went paleo for two months and adjusting was pretty hard (I had been eating rice everyday for years and suddenly I cut it out completely, cold turkey). I felt tired and weak but the weight shed off. It didn't make me feel as great as I hoped, and after a while I stopped. The weight stayed off.
I don't follow a low carb diet anymore, but I try to avoid them when I can. It's kind of a second nature now.

Keto/paleo/low carb does work! I wouldn't recommend it to any athletes because the lack of energy/dizziness was horrible and ruined my season. But you do get to eat huge portions, and it's faster than calorie counting.
rlly basic
I was only looking to lose 5 lbs or so, so keto was too extreme for me. I went paleo for two months and adjusting was pretty hard (I had been eating rice everyday for years and suddenly I cut it out completely, cold turkey). I felt tired and weak but the weight shed off. It didn't make me feel as great as I hoped, and after a while I stopped. The weight stayed off.
I don't follow a low carb diet anymore, but I try to avoid them when I can. It's kind of a second nature now.

Keto/paleo/low carb does work! I wouldn't recommend it to any athletes because the lack of energy/dizziness was horrible and ruined my season. But you do get to eat huge portions, and it's faster than calorie counting.

I agree, when I was going to the gym and going low carb I'd get rather tired very quickly. I think following along with Keto (eating high portion of fat) helped with that, as I didn't seem to get tired while I was following that strictly. The weight loss is great though! I lost 10 pounds in 5 days once, and I was making sure to drink plenty of water.

Bashful Streaker

I've done keto diets a few times and those always make me feel amazing and I have a lot of energy but damn the foul breath and sweating is disgusting. I've thought about going on it again because summer is coming and I want to look better but I'd have to say no to many foods I love and eat plenty.

I'm all for the high protein intake but there should be less fat.

Golden Sex Symbol

Low-carb always shreds me up quick its just hard to make the change since carbs are so tasty and make you feel great with energy.

Divine Zealot

Do any of you follow a lowcarb diet?
There are some here that do. I do not.

Do you stick more strictly to ketosis?
I wouldn't dare try.

Did you like them better compared to regular calorie deficit weight loss?
Most of the weight loss in the beginning of ketogenic diets is water, lost via the depletion of glycogen stores. (A quick 10-20 lbs, maybe more, depending on size)

A calorie deficit via low carb or any other diet (fast food, paleo, vegan, etc...) will result in the same fat lost. Low-carb dieting allows many to lose weight without counting calories, because the diet requires a strict adherence to almost exclusively meat and vegetables, which are filling, nutrient dense, and hard to overeat. Compared to other foods like bread, soda, cakes, etc..., which are not very satiating and calorie dense. It's easy to get to get fat simply because you're overeating.

It's no better or worse for fat loss than anything else.
My diet is really high carb :/ But at least it helps me run for longer distances.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff