Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was tasting some of my pee this morning and it was very bitter, i thought i was tripping i had to swish some water around my mouth and take another sip. yep, it was bitter, and had some strange taste... all i can think is chemicals. anyone else experience this? usually piss is salty but mine is bitter and im very concerned.

Friendly Gaian

Leave urine drinking to bear grylls. hes doing it so we don't have to. burning_eyes
Dragonrica
Leave urine drinking to bear grylls. hes doing it so we don't have to. burning_eyes

Bear Grylls jokes aside, I'm really concerned...

Friendly Gaian

Just take a trip to the doctor
Dragonrica
Just take a trip to the doctor

Well, I'm not sure if its normal or not. I dont want to show up to the doctor and he goes uhh... so whats the problem? I dont feel sick or anything, I'm just pretty sure urine isn't suppose to taste like that.

Divine Zealot

Assuming you aren't a troll...

I don't think anyone (or at least the majority of us) are aware of what urine tastes like. Let alone what it should taste like.

The closest to any amount of information I have on the subject is that somewhat sweet urine is suggestive of diabetes.

Sexy Turtle

it is bitter which is normal because your body flush toxic out of your system. Why did you taste it? My guess is that you are into golden shower which is gross. Drink A LOT OF WATER and dont drink your pee until it is CLEAR just like water so it will be less bitter.

Magical Shapeshifter

I'm going to overlook how weird this thread is and give you a straight answer.
Doctors use to taste peoples urine to test for diabetes.
If its sweet, you have diabetes. So yeah that's a good sign.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Actually, I've heard of people drinking their urine as a homeopathic remedy. But only in really small amounts (which is the point of homeopathy to begin with) of like a teaspoon or two max.

Don't go crazy with it. rofl
I think it is supposed to be bitter.

Blessed Cat

Blessed Cat

cat_razz cat_cry

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I heard it could case liver damage if you do it long term.

Wheezing Plague

Well, the urine contains toxins and minerals from your body. The more water you drink the more water you'll have in the urine (less taste). As long as you feel fine it shouldn't be a problem.

Sparkly Duck

idea

You aren't drinking enough of it. The bitterness subsides and tastes saltier after 500mL or so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff