Welcome to Gaia! ::

Indulgent Hunter

2,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
If you could've written the Harry Potter ending, how would you've written it? Would you keep it the same? Would it be completely different? Post how you wanted the series to end here!
Personally, I was hoping for a Rita Skeeter article about bachelor Harry Potter travelling the world, maybe with an adoptive child. First stop, Brazil.
It would've been really cheesy, but I think it would've been a lovely ending after all the things Harry had to deal with.
If I am being honest, I would have preferred it if Harry died a heroes death. Ginny and him together was just all sorts of awkward

valkyrie_cainn rolled 8 100-sided dice: 87, 27, 14, 10, 71, 49, 55, 99 Total: 412 (8-800)

sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop i personally would have preferred if harry died but if snape lived tbh i love snape

Malevolent Fairy

12,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Eh, can't say I have too much of a problem with it. Not that I'd ever inflict the name of 'Albus' on any poor, undeserving child.
I thoroughly enjoyed the end of the book. However, I would have liked them to mention how Luna was doing.

Timid Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
I think most fans needed the closure of having an epilogue ending where we see Harry at last having a stable, safe life. His whole childhood was filled with danger, loss, and tragedy, and finally he earns himself a family and safety. Its lovely. I would have liked to have known that he would become an auror, because that was his dream since around 5th year of Hogwarts, and what the others were up to as well.

Wizeria's Sidekick

Wheezing Werewolf

13,525 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
I've always had a bone to pick with the epilogue. It just didn't feel realistic to me? Anyway, as for a preferred ending, I would have like one of three endings. The first would be Harry having died a hero's death in the final battle. The second would be an ending where Harry deals with the inevitable PTSD and tries to improve the things in the Wizarding World that need serious changes (like how muggleborns should be informed earlier or the making of an orphanage for magical children). My final preferred ending is a bit far fetched and isn't even originally mine. I'd have liked to see something where that moment when Harry is the Master of Death stays with him, even if the hallows were destroyed. The idea that Harry would be stuck as the MoD is just really cool??? Like, his aging would stop and all his friends would live their lives as Harry would become eternally stuck at 17.
Bailey_bou27
I thoroughly enjoyed the end of the book. However, I would have liked them to mention how Luna was doing.

I think that JK has mentioned Luna post-HP. Would have been nice to see her mentioned in the epilogue. She marries the grandson of Newt Scamander (writer of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) and has twin boys.

Diamond Bear

The Epilogue was....eh. I also don't care for Pottermore, so even if JKR told us 1000 things post-canon, it doesn't matter much to me.
James Sirius? Kinda dumb, but relatively understandable. Albus Severus? yeah let's name our kid after a manipulative old wizard and the abusive professor who had a creepy thing for my mom. suuure. poor Ginny never had a say in the names, except maybe for Lily Luna's name.
However, I loved that Neville was a Herbology Professor, it's really fitting.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Resting Bitchface
Bailey_bou27

I think that JK has mentioned Luna post-HP. Would have been nice to see her mentioned in the epilogue. She marries the grandson of Newt Scamander (writer of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) and has twin boys.

really? i could have sworn she married Neville...where did i get that idea...?

High-functioning Detective

Anything but what happened would have been better.

The epilogue was awful. Just awful. I hated it.

Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione just makes me want to cry.

I would have been more content if both Harry and Hermione had ended up alone, but it would have been much better had they ended up together. And personally, Ginny and Ron are my least favorite characters in the entire series, so I really wouldn't have minded if they didn't end up with anybody to be honest.

Oh, and if Snape could have lived to finally see the defeat of the one who killed his love, that would have been really refreshing. Maybe he could start a new life, and finally feel like he avenged her. Snape was always my favorite character and it breaks my heart that he never got to see the en dof the war. He deserves more then that. He deserved to finally be at peace. Weather or not that would have actually happened because he couldn't forgive himself is another story, but he at least deserved that chance.

High-functioning Detective

lividdarkangel800
Resting Bitchface
Bailey_bou27

The movies made it look like it was possible.

The end of the last film kinda showed like they might be together, but nowhere in the books did it ever say anything like that.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Jasmine Snape
lividdarkangel800
Resting Bitchface
Bailey_bou27

The movies made it look like it was possible.

The end of the last film kinda showed like they might be together, but nowhere in the books did it ever say anything like that.

sad. they would have been cute together.

Dedicated Explorer

9,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Loiterer 100
owliey
The Epilogue was....eh. I also don't care for Pottermore, so even if JKR told us 1000 things post-canon, it doesn't matter much to me.
James Sirius? Kinda dumb, but relatively understandable. Albus Severus? yeah let's name our kid after a manipulative old wizard and the abusive professor who had a creepy thing for my mom. suuure. poor Ginny never had a say in the names, except maybe for Lily Luna's name.
However, I loved that Neville was a Herbology Professor, it's really fitting.

Ginny named her owl Pigwidgeon. I think that at some point, everyone decided that Ginny doesn't do well with picking out names. Harry probably panicked and was like "Quick! Who are more dead people! Can't be Remus or Fred 'cuz those are taken! Uhh..." *glances at portraits of Dumbledore and Snape, rushes into hospital room* "I got it, Gin! Albus Severus!" *General sounds of childbirth and cursing*. Or something stupid like that.
Even Snape's probably in the afterlife somewhere calling Harry an idiot for that, though. Al does get cool initials, though. ASP, like the snake.

3,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ron should have died. He should have sacrificed himself to make up for being a shitty friend to Harry and an even shittier love interest for Hermione. Ginny also should have died because she's useless, even her ex-boyfriend Dean had more meaning as a character than she did. Fred, Hedwig and Dobby should have lived. I would have liked a scene in the afterlife showing Lily giving Snape hell for emotionally and mentally abusing Harry, and doing the same to Dumbledore for allowing Harry to not only be abused by Snape and the Dursleys, but setting Harry up to be a martyr. Harry sure as hell shouldn't have named one of his kids after two of the people directly responsible for most of his suffering. He may as well have named his other two kids Vernon Dudley and Petunia Marge.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff