Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hannah Anafeloz -Demon-
Ginny Weasley.

But WHY? And even if it's a shipping thing, like you can't get behind her and Harry (which, in that case I agree cause they had 0 chemistry), I don't really think that's a great reason to HATE her. She's a lot like Fred actually, so I'm always surprised people don't like her. Unless they just watched the movies. I'd really love to know your reasoning and maybe it can shed some light for me confused

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Pearls of Diamonds
Valthier Twilight Shadow
Pearls of Diamonds
Valthier Twilight Shadow
Pearls of Diamonds
Valthier Twilight Shadow

alright, that's a fair assessment, actually. you're right. I guess that makes it all the better that Snape grows to become such an important role model and guide to Harry as the boy grows up. this unfair and frankly immature posturing towards a child is a serious character flaw, and it gets slowly overcome through Snape's dedication to personal responsibility and his own honour. but that's just it, he's not perfect. he does many wrong things, and he even mistreats Harry at first (not to mention his abusive behavior towards other students and his blatant favouratism). he has his old grudges and his prejudices to overcome, and he knows that. he's not always the most responsible about those flaws of his own.

I really do like what Alan Rickman says about playing Prof. Snape in his interview with Neil DeGrasse Tyson. he says that he liked portraying Severus because you aren't suppose dto like him; you're supposed to hate him, or to at least think that he's a jerk. it's not readily apparant whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, he has this very complicated relationship with Harry and an even more complicated relationship with Headmaster Dumbledore. he's a complex character, a very complex character. he has many layers.

(Come to my charity thread and talk HP to me you nerd GOD)
EHEM. Yes. Actually that's one of the things I like best about the series. I think Snape, Tom Riddle, and Dumbledore, the most problematic characters, are the best ones. My second favorites are Remus and Sirius, both participants and onlooker's to Jame's inappropriate behavior, and Draco (that one's problems should be obvious). I liked the series on the basis that Harry was the only character that was really GOOD. He wasn't as problematic as the people surrounding him. He was mild-mannered most times and brave and kind hearted and provided an interesting contrast to everyone else.

you wanna talk about brave? the bravest character in the series, in my opinion, was Arthur Weasely. that man had some serious balls. hell, the entire Weasely family proved exactly why their bloodline is insitantly put in Gryffindor House every single time.

and Hermione was even kinder and more pure-hearted than Harry was, in my opinion. I think Harry went in the right direction, but even he was misguided in alot of ways and faltered on more than one occaision. but what makes his journey to righteousness so compelling is that he made the right choices even when it was tremendously difficult to do so. he had alot of baggage he had to deal with, and alot of shame about how difficult it was to carry that baggage (as Prof. Lupin had to explain to him about the Dementors, and as Sirius had to explain to him about the Thestrals).

Yeah, here I have to agree 100%. But just because I think Harry is brave (it's hard to do the right things when the bad things are easier), doesn't mean I discount the bravery of the other characters. In my opinion, the bravest was Regulus Black, who would rather drink a terrible potion himself and leave it to someone who would have done anything he asked to do the "heroic" thing and destroy the locket.

But honestly I don't think Hermione was kinder than Harry. She had here own problems. She and Ron both were too shy to tell each other how they felt, and Hermione was violent with Ron when he got with someone else (but people get mad and say Snape was "obsessed" with Lily). Hermione's reaction to Ron dating someone else was to turn a bunch of birds on him and try to physically hurt him. In addition, she confounded Mclaiden so he wouldn't get the position of keeper on Harry's team, but complains when Harry pretends to give Ron lucky potion to win the game. That's hypocritical. She's VERY brave, VERY smart, VERY cool, but I don't think she is kindER than Harry.
Maybe about equal.

Draco Malfoy deserved to be punched tho

I dunno, Ron was kinda being an a** at the time. confused it wasn't just him getting iwth someone else; it was that he was being a jerk, and kinda deserved it.

Did Cormic Mcladen, who you have to remember hadn't done anything to anyone yet, deserve to be confounded? I know we agree he did on principle, after getting to know the character, but Hermione didn't know him yet. She cheated for Ron and made him loose the position. Then she had the nerve to get mad at Harry for outshining her in potions by using a different textbook. Don't get me wrong, I love Hermione, but I still think Harry had more natural goodness.

I thought Cormic was a d**k to begin with, honestly. something about the way he seemed to swagger in the books. but I get your point. that was pretty messed up. it's not like Harry didn't do things that were just as bad, though.

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Pearls of Diamonds
Hannah Anafeloz -Demon-
Ginny Weasley.

But WHY? And even if it's a shipping thing, like you can't get behind her and Harry (which, in that case I agree cause they had 0 chemistry), I don't really think that's a great reason to HATE her. She's a lot like Fred actually, so I'm always surprised people don't like her. Unless they just watched the movies. I'd really love to know your reasoning and maybe it can shed some light for me confused

Ginny's awesome, and I kinda feel like her and Harry were cute together. I didn't think there was so little chemistry between, but that's irrelevant. it isn't chemistry that people should base love on -- it's building a relationship with time, effort, and compassion. they did that, and it was very healthy.

Trash Gaian

Pearls of Diamonds
Hannah Anafeloz -Demon-
Ginny Weasley.

In the books she is a Mary Sue. Perfect, beautiful, popular, good at quidditch, harry's love interest, and I can go on. It makes me sick.

Angelic Allegiant

4,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Novice Healer 150
DOLORES UMBRIDGE. She's got this really creepy vibe about her, the pink she's got going all around her is sickly sweet and bearing a little more to the uncomfortable side, her blood quill is just plain vile and she's just a massive b***h
Umbridge, biggest b***h ever.

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hannah Anafeloz -Demon-
Pearls of Diamonds
Hannah Anafeloz -Demon-
Ginny Weasley.

In the books she is a Mary Sue. Perfect, beautiful, popular, good at quidditch, harry's love interest, and I can go on. It makes me sick.

All perfectly valid points. As much as we complain that all these characters have flaws, it's more annoying to meet one that has no flaws!

TempIe of Time's Other Half

Versatile Lover

I hate Harry Potter the most tbh
He's so self-absorbed it hurts

Snape's story makes me angry bc he should have had that redemption earlier so that he and Harry could have worked together to defeat Voldemort and he wouldn't have died in such a ridiculous way

Timely Connoisseur

17,275 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I think definately umbridge for one, lucius malfoy was a butt, and I didnt like gilderoy either lol

MaryShade rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-8)

Lupine Detective

5,800 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
cat_scream Umbrige, and ginny weasley, i mean she was a fangirl for crying out loud.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff