Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hearthstone. The Game based on Blizzard's stupidly popular World of Warcraft is finally here for Open Beta, and soon a full game! Featuring 9 classes with unique class cards and regular neutral cards, fight your friends and people across the ocean in a Card duel with an almost non-existent learning curve. Fight your opponents for gold to unlock new cards and work your way up the ladder in Arena to amass your own hoard of Gold and Cards.

Download Client: Here

Ideas for Discussion:
What class do you like to play as?
Whats your favorite Legendary?
What card would you like to see changed?
What class would you like to see changed?
What are your hopes for the future of the game?
A recent Arena run you had.
Some bad drafts you've done

Please do not troll my thread. You will get blocked if you do.

Some future information:

m00tz
Also:

Some key notes from an interview with hearthstone's ep:
1. There will be new paid content, but it won't affect game balance. This includes new heroes for each classes (eg, you will be able to switch Grom the Warrior with Varian), new card backs. new game board, etc.
2. We won't consider adding non-WoW elements to HS.
3. We will observe and decide the duration of the open beta.
4. The new adventure mode might appear during open beta, new quests, several game stages and 10 to 20 new cards.
5. We will adjust the duration of monthly ladder according to open beta conditions.
6. More rewards will be added for the ladder, like the new card backs.
7. There will be Achievements!
8. Observer mode will be implemented once the game is stable.
9. 2v2 isn't in development currently because we're focusing on perfecting 1v1.
10. The PC client is already pretty stable and the iPad version will be released soon.
11. All cards are obtainable without paying. This is not going to change.
12. Cards balancing will be less frequent after open beta.
13. We are currently developing death knight and monk but we can't reveal too much.
14. An expansion pack is planned. There will be between 100 and 200 new cards.
15. We will not follow the Magic the gathering way of releasing new cards.

Game Handle:

Lost Dynamis
: Romalia#1307
Elite Dragoon: Reichuu#1741
Fathi Boelli: Enesis#1879
Darmani1Link: Link#1746
Pale Wench: PaleWench#1452
Kyu Kyu: kierpanda#1357

Patch Notes
1/15-

Quote:
Unleash the Hounds’ mana cost is now 2 (down from 4)

Unleash the Hounds was intended to give Hunters their own form of AoE and to have synergy with other beast cards, but its old cost was too prohibitive.

Pyroblast’s mana cost is now 10 (up from cool

The 8-cost Pyroblast made for an un-interactive experience where the Mage only needed to do 10 damage during the course of a game and then double Pyroblast you for the win. We want Mages to be more interactive with the opponent to achieve victory, rather than delay the game until they can Pyroblast.

Blood Imp is now a 0/1 and now reads: Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.

The Warlock has three very strong 1-cost minions and that made the Warlock rush deck slightly stronger than we were comfortable with.

Warsong Commander has been reworked and now reads: Whenever you play a minion with 3 or less Attack, give it Charge.

Charge (the spell, not the keyword) has been reworked and now costs 3 mana. The card’s new power reads: “Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Charge”.

Both of these cards were key components in “One Turn Kill” or “OTK” decks that kill your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. We want the game to be about playing minions and fighting for board control rather than just waiting until you can play your big combo and win in one turn with no interaction from your opponent.

Abusive Sergeant now reads: Battlecry: Give a minion +2 Attack until end of turn.

Abusive Sergeant was changed to make its power the same as the Dark Iron Dwarf and to give it additional versatility.

Dark Iron Dwarf’s buff now only lasts until the end of the turn.

This change was made to reduce the Dark Iron Dwarf’s overall power slightly. We also wanted to make the Battlecry effect the same as Abusive Sergeant‘s as to not force you to permanently buff one of your opponent’s creatures.

Defender of Argus is now a 2/3 (down from 3/3)

Defender of Argus was a card that found itself automatically included in many decks due to its power and stats. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

Novice Engineer is now a 1/1 (down from 1/2)

The Novice Engineer was played in most non-rush decks (and even some rush decks) due to its cost and power. Similar in reasoning to our Defender of Argus change, we want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks.

Sylvanas Windrunner’s mana cost is now 6 (up from 5)

Sylvanas had power and stats that made it a bit too powerful compared to other 5-cost cards, which made it automatically included in many decks. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

1/21

OPEN BETA IS FINALLY UP!

5/8

3/26

- Game is Officially Released

- Nat Pagle changed from Card Draw at the End of turn to Beginning to Turn.

- Tinkmaster Overspark changed to no longer having an option who you can transform.

5/8

Quote:
Hearthstone Patch Notes - 1.0.0.5314

In this Hearthstone patch, we’re addressing some bugs as well as making a balance change to Unleash the Hounds. To view our in-depth explanation on the Unleash the Hounds change, please visit our forum post here.

The full patch notes are below!

Improved friends list sorting based on player status.
Breaking News will now properly be shown when Hearthstone is undergoing maintenance.
Reconnect functionality has been enabled for Practice Mode.
Games in Friendly Play now have a turn timer.
[iPad] Deck Rename and Deck Delete is now easier to find.

Unleash the Hounds (Hunter) now costs 3 (up from 2).
After much consideration, we have decided to increase the mana cost of Unleash the Hounds to 3. Unleash the Hounds has been dominating all levels of play for quite some time. This change should make the card more fun to play against while still allowing for some big plays when combined with other Hunter cards.

Winning a game as Lord Jaraxxus will now properly grant credit towards unlocking the Warlock golden hero. You win... BUT YOUR WORLD IS STILL DOOMED!

Returning an opponent’s minion to their hand will no longer occasionally leave behind a facedown card on the game board.
Resolved issues that prevented the Fireside Friends card back from being properly unlocked under certain conditions.
[iPad] Resolved an issue that was causing a client crash when choosing between two options of certain Druid cards.
[iPad] Resolved an issue where new chat notification bubbles would appear behind the keyboard when in the chat window interface.
[iPad] Adjusted the location of where enlarged versions of cards appear so that they are easier to see when selected.
[iPad] Resolved an issue where the client may sometimes use the incorrect default language.
Other bug fixes and UI improvements.
So who else plays Hearthstone? What are you guys hoping for the future of this game?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Is it basically the same thing as the physical card game except digital or did they change it up?
Raven Prime
Is it basically the same thing as the physical card game except digital or did they change it up?

It's a completely different entity altogether.

Blizzard didn't technically make this. This was a pet project by a few developers and Blizzard liked it, so they turned it into a full-fledged game. It's pretty much MTG but a lot more user friendly.

I think its probably the most polished C/TCG game Ive ever played. Lots of attention to detail.

Timid Tycoon

I really want to play it but I haven't gotten my beta invite yet.
If anyone has a spare beta key, could you drop me a PM?
=D

Dapper Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
CRAFTlE
I really want to play it but I haven't gotten my beta invite yet.
If anyone has a spare beta key, could you drop Pyromaniac the Time Lord a PM?
=D
You poor things... I figured everyone had a Beta key by now.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a giveaway or something! =D

Though I think thats against TOS.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
I don't know about Giveaways off of Gaia I do know they don't like the selling of Items/services etc.
Though I did have a friend who wanted to do a Giveaway for a 25$ Gaia Gift Card they still got in trouble. Gaia also doesn't agree with putting the word Official in front of a topic title. lol

They're one interesting bunch.

On Topic: I've only seen a stream of Hearthstone, I don't remember if you can manually pick which card to attack which card though. I like the ability to choose who I attack in a card game. If I am mistaken though, someone let me know. I remember playing Tyrant though which is a card game but it also plays by speeding up the battle and automatically attacking the enemy until death.

This is why the only CCG I've found fun was Yu-Gi-Oh not because of the story or character but because it allows me to choose which monster I want to attack and vice versa.

Except for that one Yu-Gi-Oh game on PSN that has you use Microtransactions to get better cards or decks. I regret spending the ten dollars for that game. (Decade Duels Plus)
Reno Takamiya

On Topic: I've only seen a stream of Hearthstone, I don't remember if you can manually pick which card to attack which card though. I like the ability to choose who I attack in a card game. If I am mistaken though, someone let me know. I remember playing Tyrant though which is a card game but it also plays by speeding up the battle and automatically attacking the enemy until death.

Of course you can choose.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Lost Dynamis
Reno Takamiya

Good to know, hopefully when it's out of Beta and my computer can play it I might get it.
Though I do wish/hope that it would make itself over to Consoles.
Reno Takamiya
Lost Dynamis
Reno Takamiya

Good to know, hopefully when it's out of Beta and my computer can play it I might get it.

It's confirmed for Android/iOS.

That's about all, I think.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Lost Dynamis
Reno Takamiya
Lost Dynamis
Reno Takamiya

It's confirmed for Android/iOS.

That's about all, I think.

The FAQ on the website says PC, Mac and a version for iPad coming later.

I'm not a huge fan of Android (Though I do have my own Tablet) though because you pretty much have a chance of finding some games you want to play but your tablet isn't able to or at least it's compatible but it can't handle it.

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
For DOOMhammer
Pablo1989
For DOOMhammer

Well Met!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items