Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Besides the multiplayer factors (I play single player for games like these) is there any reason at all for me to purchase the PC version if I have the PsVita version already?
Is there a major difference that would make the PC version equally or more appealing to own at the same time?

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Mods.

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Obviously mods for PC. That, and the updates come first to the PC before any other version. (Well that doesn't include version exclusives, but save that for another thread) I just prefer the simplicity of MC on consoles and tablets/phones.

Manly Sex Symbol

13,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
As stated before, mods, as well as different servers for the PC.
Mods, servers, community are all things mentioned, but I also think the pc version is easier to control. Especially if you are used to keyboard gaming. Ps and xbox versions feel very sticky. Pc is much more responsive.

Fashionable Muse

13,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Well in my opinion, better graphics, easier control and I mean come on people how can you forget to mention better sound. The mods are nice too but still the above named should be enough if you plan to just play on your own.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Welp, my answer was taken by everybody else, it seems.

Modding really opens up the possibilities in Minecraft. I like to see Vanilla as the "Tutorial Level," and modding as a sort of postgame you can jump into even midway through the game. Online multiplayer is even more of this, as you can pretty much do vanilla or modding, which is pretty amazing.

Modding basically allows you to turn the game into just about anything you want. You can have more realistic villages of people, more monsters, more things to farm, magic, technology, slopes, Pokemon...

There are also resource packs and shaders, allowing you to change the textures, sounds, and overall appearance of the game (if your computer is beefy enough to handle it). Everything's still blocks, but holy s**t can it look fantastic.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Sweet, I'll consider getting the PC version one day then.
Though I might be too shy to jump onto other people's servers...>.>

Quick slightly off topic question that would seem odd to make a whole new thread about: I know PSVita players can play with PS3 players on their friends list, what about PS4 Minecraft?
I mean, I have a friend with a PS4, would they be able to play with me on my PSVita if I add them to my friends' list?
Mir Teiwaz
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Mods.

This.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm convinced, just looking for a website that might be selling it for a discount...

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Kafkaesquire
Raz the Red Herring

I don't think you're going to find it on a third party site and if you do, I am willing to bet it will not be a legitimate copy. Do yourself a favor and splurge on this game. Even as boring as vanilla Minecraft is, I know for a fact that you will get your money's worth from that alone.

Yeeeah, all the discount code places looked...shady, so I just went ahead and grabbed it at full price.

UPDATE NEW QUESTION:

How do I change my skin on the PC version?
I had to buy skin packs for two bucks each for PSVita, and I hear I can change them for free on PC version, but not sure how...

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Kafkaesquire
Raz the Red Herring

Download a skin from a site like this and then log in to your account through the official Minecraft site. Select "Profile" and it should be self-explanatory from there.

Figured it out and ended up on this exact site.
Thanks though!
Damn, all of these amazing options!!!
PsVita didn't have half of these and you had to pay!!!
I feel like a dork now!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces