Welcome to Gaia! ::

►► are you playing the new app animal crossing: pocket camp ?

+1 1 100.0% [ 317 ]
Total Votes:[ 317 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 5921 5922 5923 > >> >>> »|

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▉► Yes, yes! What can I do for you?
► hi there ! thanks for crossing by this thread ! this is directed towards any oldies or noobies or lovers in general of the game Animal Crossing New Leaf on the Nintendo 3DS ! what can you do on here you may ask ? you can talk about your day in the game, visit other villager's towns, exchange qr codes, sell items, the list is endless !

► also, don't worry if you never played a previous Animal Crossing game, each one has a new adventure in store !
► one more thing, check out the spotify playlist on the top right if you want some cute animal crossing tunes while scrolling through the thread hehe .

▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

▉► 11.02 animal crossing direct u p d a t e
►► you can watch it here .

▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

▉► info & about me
► name: Ankit
► town: Venus (NEW town)
► friend code: 2191 - 8721 - 8939 (in case you disabled signatures!)
► dream code: none (have to unlock it again)
*achieved perfect town status on 8/4/13
► my 3DS friend list is now OPEN again , cleaned up my list !

i'm gonna put this in really tiny font because i doubt anyone cares for a backstory hehe , but i've been a member of gaia since '08 and i've started the animal crossing series since wild world . i was over one at one of my friends and they were playing wild world on their blue big block chunky original ds (yeah we were the OG ds owners) . she would always let me play and fish and catch bugs for her (which explains why i love to do it to this day) . something as simple as pixelated bugs and fish plus the nostalgic aura this game would always give me is what made me want to make this thread . it's evolved since then, i didn't expect it to become so popular (hint: see the front page not even have reserved posts for more organization hehe so sorry) because this started as just a hype thread for the release of new leaf ! to cut this short , i really enjoy and love this game , and i'm really glad nintendo is putting so much effort to spread the love and essence we know as animal crossing ! ♥

► i've also been on a hiatus on the game as school has started and there's so many more priorities (i know, what could be more important than my lovely villagers) .
► my animal crossing community account .
► my gate is currently semi-open , just sold my town so hehe .

▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

►► quote me if you'd like a question answered by me pertaining to the game
[quote="dietpunanicola"][/quote] (Insert your lovely question here)
don't hurt me if I don't get to it hehe .

▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

▉► wikis , DLCs , scans & databases
► here is an Animal Crossing: NL wiki if i can't answer your question . just search whatever you desire !
► here is a locator to find Nintendo zones near you !
► here is an item database for New Leaf, it's under construction still, but it's very useful !
► this nifty site is very helpful for taking images and helping turn them into designs you can use for your town flag , paths , artwork , and clothing ! thank you Parexus for providing this !
► here is a neighbor list .
► here is a great tumblr dedicated to many things on AC: NL . the owner of the blog is Bidoof and she posts about her adventures on Animal Crossing , has an FAQ , and a ton of QR codes you can scan ! i have used this wonderful blog for a lot of my town , so try it out !
► Nintendo has provided a tutorial on how to share images of your Animal Crossing adventures !

▉► guides to enhance your animal crossing knowledge
► here is a turnip guide .
► here is a coffee guide provided by ChaosQueen , thank you !
► here is a hybrid flower guide , i have no idea which one is right because all of the guides say different things... hehe !
► here is a public works projects guide .
► here is an ore explanation . i feel Bidoof explained it well !
► here is an item customization guide . it doesn't have all the customizable items and it's in japanese , but i hope it proves useful ! thanks SmartieAddiction for finding this !

▉► tricks
► jellyfish trick
from what i've heard, you can use this trick to get your animals to respond to you and possibly get a new public project for you to work on . EDIT: i've tried this and it just triggers a reaction. to likely get a reaction for a project, remove any items and have less then 10K bells in your pockets .
you need to have a wet suit , and if you want a public project , you must not have anything in your pockets that will make the animals want to trade (furniture , clothing , etc.) . just swim in the ocean and get stung by jelly fish for about 5 mins. (hehe ow) then get out and run around until you see an animal that goes "!" and talk to them and hope you get a project !

► making villagers move
Peter CocknTail suggested this and i tried it out recently on my Elmer, and it actually works ! so, having a problem making your nasty villagers move? maybe this can help !
so apparently if you TT (time travel) over ahead a couple of days , the first animal that sees you will have "!!!" exclamations and come talk to you . they will usually ask to move away , but sometimes they don't move away because they are really annoying and really want to ruin your life . the key to this trick is to go all //stealth mode// and go around town without being caught by your other villagers and go to the one you want to move out . so try this out if you'd like !

► resetting your campsite
provided by Liightning , thank you !

1) make it a brand new day via you changing the date with your 3DS on your settings .
2) make a new character without using your mayor character .
3) check the tent .
4) if no tent or undesired villager, then reset .
5) if it's the desired villager , finish the tutorial area by registering your character and making a home .
6) save .
7) delete the new character you made
8.) start your mayor character and invite the villager to your town (usually need to ask the villager to move to your town 3 times)
9) congratulations, you have your new desired villager !
(it'd also be good to time travel 1 day ahead to confirm your new villager !)

► how to make villagers move w/o your dream villagers moving
this trick can be found on this tumblr from Sanasa Crossing .
EDIT: this method, even though tedious, WORKS VERY WELL, SO LONG CALLY!

► how to make your villagers move w/o tt
here's a video !

▉► tips i've discovered while playing
► to get an emotion , give Dr. Shrunk a fruit when Club LoL is open .
► to get the cafe , you need to have the museum upgraded and wait for approximately 7 days before you can ask Blathers for it .
► if you plant a bamboo shoot , when it's fully grown , you will see an "X" in the ground . if you dig that up , another bamboo shoot will be there !
► if you get a Giant Clam Shell , 3k bells , and a song from K.K. Slider and bring it to Cyrus , you can make a music box (hehe how cute) !
► if you buy enough coffee from Brewster , you will be able to work for him .
► perfect fruit trees will die after the 5th or 6th harvest .

▉► wifi etiquette
i didn't think i'd have to add this , but some of you forced me to it . if you never went used wifi with Animal Crossing New Leaf , here's some natural etiquette that you need to follow . i applaud those of you who already know this .
► don't run, that's the worst thing you could do. don't go all //dab// and destroy someone's hard work , because i will //dab// on you .
► don't take something from someone's town w/out asking first . come on , this is called stealing .
► don't dig up stumps , chop down trees , etc. w/out being asked .
► common courtesy , don't clear out their whole store unless you ask , because maybe the owner does mind you buying all of it .

▉► notice for all animal crossing threads in the future
Reichiru Tomoe , a forum mod , has stated that exchanging friend codes and such is not permitted as a thread . here is what they have stated if you need details .

► With the recent influx of Animal Crossing threads, this is a reminder that friend code based topics are not permitted in the Gaming Discussion forum. That includes the following:

Asking to trade friend codes/gamer tags/etc.
Looking for others to play games with
Game to game item trading

As stated in the Rules & Guidelines, the above are considered low content topics in this forum and belong only in the Chatterbox.

If you wish to share your friend codes with others in the Gaming Discussion forum, feel free to put them in your signature.

▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

▉► looking for
► villagers
none, starting fresh soon !

► items

User Image

Rococo Clock, Stained-Glass Lamp,Gorgeous Counter, Chest, Sofa, Seat, Stool 2x, Desk, Table, Floor, Wall, Card Lamp, Siphon, Dartboard 2x, Pool Table 2x, Jukebox, Barrel, Keg, Wall Speaker, Siphon, Brewster Gyroid, Rope Partition

User Image

complete !
Box Sofa, Box Corner Sofa, Soft-Cream Lamp, Writing Chair, Large Magazine Rack, Stroller, Cradle, Dice Stereo, Elephant Slide, Giraffe Ruler, Merry-Go-Round, Tree Standee
thank you Kiki and strawfizzle for getting the majority of this !

Beloved Receiver

I hate Nintendo forevermore for being this the first title to announce at E3 2010, and the last one to be released.

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Teenage Wet Dream
I hate Nintendo forevermore for being this the first title to announce at E3 2010, and the last one to be released.

⊰♔⊱

Yes yes yes yes yes emotion_donotwant

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Ever since I heard about the player becoming mayor of the town, I am SO naming the place "Can Town" from Homestuck. emotion_awesome I'm not upset with the delays, though. Typical Nintendo.

Anxious Bookworm

9,150 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
This game is more reason for me to save up and buy a 3DS.
Until it comes out though, I have my gamecube, DS, and Wii versions to hold me over.

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Super 9-Volt
Ever since I heard about the player becoming mayor of the town, I am SO naming the place "Can Town" from Homestuck. emotion_awesome I'm not upset with the delays, though. Typical Nintendo.

I don't know what to name mine...
My DS version was Pirkle and town name was New Pork. It was like a copyright from the Earthbound/Mother series.
But I don't really know anymore haha.
Maybe mine should be like sexinthecity because my character is going to be Hitahoe.

Original Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
._.
It's just torture to show it with the handheld release and than give us a great big
"FUUUUUUUUU"
waiting sucks sad
To be honest im looking forward to this game more than any other release. . .

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Noir The Confused
Until it comes out though, I have my gamecube, DS, and Wii versions to hold me over.

Apparently it's coming in early 2013. But we'll be dead by then D:
I love the gamecube version, I'm currently playing the Wii version, I kinda started over.
Oh, you should really buy a 3DS soon. I have the purple. But, if you want to save up, just wait for a price drop, it'll probably be soon haha.

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Neox Fox
._.
It's just torture to show it with the handheld release and than give us a great big
"FUUUUUUUUU"
waiting sucks sad

^^^^^
YES YES YES. emotion_donotwant
This is one of the reasons why I hate Nintendo...
They could at least give us a little hint of when it's coming out...

Original Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
pureiridescence
Neox Fox
._.
"FUUUUUUUUU"
waiting sucks sad

^^^^^

Its not even so much of a hint. . . its more like they're teasing us.
They pretty much always do this too ._.

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Neox Fox
pureiridescence
Neox Fox
._.
"FUUUUUUUUU"
waiting sucks sad

^^^^^

I don't like this. It's just making me cringe.
I just want the game, it was mostly my main purpose to go and BUY and go PURCHASE the DAMN 3DS for 240 w/ some GAMES to last me for it's RELEASE. = n=

Original Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
pureiridescence
Noir The Confused

I love the gamecube version, I'm currently playing the Wii version, I kinda started over.
Oh, you should really buy a 3DS soon. I have the purple. But, if you want to save up, just wait for a price drop, it'll probably be soon haha.

The price on the standard 3ds will definitely drop soon. . . the 3ds XL just came out and they probably have plans for another new 3ds with the circle pad plus integrated with the system.

Original Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
pureiridescence
Neox Fox
pureiridescence
Neox Fox
._.
"FUUUUUUUUU"
waiting sucks sad

^^^^^

I don't like this. It's just making me cringe.
I just want the game, it was mostly my main purpose to go and BUY and go PURCHASE the DAMN 3DS for 240 w/ some GAMES to last me for it's RELEASE. = n=

I agree! my last purchase on release as well. . . unless they come out with a new star fox for the wii u release XD

Man-Hungry Receiver

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Neox Fox
pureiridescence
Noir The Confused

The price on the standard 3ds will definitely drop soon. . . the 3ds XL just came out and they probably have plans for another new 3ds with the circle pad plus integrated with the system.

What do you mean integrated?
Yeah probably so.
But I don't really see what's so great with the XL besides having longer battery life and bigger screen.
It's kind of has a poor design if you ask me.

Original Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
pureiridescence
Neox Fox
pureiridescence
Noir The Confused

What do you mean integrated?
Yeah probably so.
But I don't really see what's so great with the XL besides having longer battery life and bigger screen.
It's kind of has a poor design if you ask me.

Integrated as in it will have the second circle pad and bumpers built into the system instead of having them as an attachment razz It may not happen. . . but with nintendo and the amount of versions of handheld consoles they come out with its a safe guess.
Lol the 3dsXL is the same concept as the DSI XL. . . its just a bulkier thing with more juice. To be honest i like the standard 3ds size. . . unless you have gaping holes for pockets the XL seems impractical.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff