Hi everyone,

Updated on Dec. 8th: Users in more countries can now use this method to buy Gaia Cash! Austria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, and Turkey were just added.

Hopefully you've seen the announcement about the new mobile payment options that let you buy Gaia Cash right from your phone. It's easy, it's fast, and best of all, it not only works in the U.S., but in a number of international countries as well!

We know you're going to have some questions, so here's our FAQ. Let's get right to it:

How exactly does this work?
In a nutshell, you can order Gaia Cash from our Gaia Cash page. Once the order is placed, you'll receive a PIN number to your mobile phone. Enter that number on the page, and your Gaia Cash will show up within a few minutes.

How do I get billed?
Your purchase will show up on your mobile phone bill or pre-paid mobile account. You must be the wireless account owner or have authorization from the account owner to make purchases.

What is Zong? Is this related to zOMG?
Nope - Zong is the name of the third party company that's processing these payments.

Which countries can use this? New countries added!
At this time members in the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland,
Sweden, Mexico, Chile, Austria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, and Turkey can purchase Gaia Cash using this method. More countries may be added later.

I see that I can buy a pre-set amount of Gaia Cash with this service. Can I enter in a different amount of Gaia Cash somehow if I want to buy more/less than the options shown?
Each amount is determined by our third-party provider based on the cell phone networks and laws in each country, and at this time there isn't a way to enter in a different amount.

Why are the limits in some countries so low? Some of the amounts won't even cover an EI.
Each country has different laws regulating how much money can be transferred in a single mobile transaction, which affects the amount you can buy at one time. However, you can of course make multiple purchases if you'd like in order to acquire a certain amount of Gaia Cash.

Are there any fees for processing payments this way?
As part of the launch, we are waiving all processing fees associated with buying Gaia Cash this way. However, this is a temporary offer, and any future processing fees will be clearly stated during the purchase process.

Do I get charged for the text with the PIN number?
Standard SMS rates do apply, so you might, depending on your plan with your mobile carrier. Check with them if you have any questions about your plan.

How long is my PIN valid for?
The PIN number you receive is valid for 24 hours. After that, you will need to start a new transaction to get your Gaia Cash (you'll only be charged for Gaia Cash you receive).

What about foreign exchange rates?
Foreign exchange rates are factored in real-time into the amounts of Gaia Cash an international member can purchase (as Gaia Cash is tied to the US Dollar). This is why you may sometimes see a fluctuation in how much Gaia Cash your money will get you.

Who do I contact if I don't get my PIN, or if something else goes wrong?
You can contact Zong's customer support at 888-502-6491 or email support.usa@zong.com.

What if I have a pre-paid or pay-as-you-go mobile account?
The charge is deducted from the balance on the phone account at the time of the transaction.

Is there any delay before I can spend my Gaia Cash?
Nope! As soon as it's credited to your account, you can spend it as you like!