Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I'm going to London, england a the end of June to early July, and was wondering if anyone could give me the local scoop... Like great place to go that few tourists would know about. 3nodding
I know most of the major places, but it would be nice to know if there are some little gems that guide books don't mention. ninja

Fashionable Businesswoman

chibichibivcc
So, I'm going to London, england a the end of June to early July, and was wondering if anyone could give me the local scoop... Like great place to go that few tourists would know about. 3nodding
I know most of the major places, but it would be nice to know if there are some little gems that guide books don't mention. ninja
Ugh, I'm quite jealous. I want to visit England some time in my lifetime. Have a safe flight when you go. I recommend the Tower of London and the Nation History Museum. There are a lot of museums over there that you can visit for free.
Blazed Heart
chibichibivcc
Ugh, I'm quite jealous. I want to visit England some time in my lifetime. Have a safe flight when you go. I recommend the Tower of London and the Nation History Museum. There are a lot of museums over there that you can visit for free.
thanks biggrin

Fashionable Businesswoman

chibichibivcc
Blazed Heart
chibichibivcc
thanks biggrin
You're quite welcome.

Shy Mystic

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Generous 100
chibichibivcc

If you want to have a nice night out I suggest Jamie Oliver's on Canary Warf
http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/restaurants/canary-wharf
it's fabulous.
CHEAPSCATES @ SOHO!
haha!

ministry of sound.

You have to see the Imperial War Museum and the Natural History Museum.

Go for a walk down south bank.

Oxford Street shopping.

The Shard.

Wheezing Spectator

If you enjoy Japanese food, visit one of the Taro restaurant branches. I've enjoyed my meal there each and every time, and you get a lot of food for you money.

If you're into geeky stuff (anime, graphic novels, Doctor Who etc. etc.), make sure to visit the Forbidden Planet Megastore. Be prepared to spend a lot of money if you do, they have so much stuff. And so much of that stuff you want to buy.

I'll try to think of more, but it's bedtime and my brain isn't working right now. emotion_8c

xSyrynVx's Husband

Generous Gaian

10,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Threadmaster 200
chibichibivcc

Camden Town is pretty awesome in the day to see lots of old school punk shops. and there is of course a cyberdog, many japanese fashion shops.

Piccadilly circus there is lots to do and see, big shopping malls and food places, there is also Japan Centre there also.

Don't always rely on the Tube either, everywhere in london is actually really close together and in walking distance (obviously if in complete ends of the city they are not)

Erm also china town rocks if you are in to getting asian food from shops and eating asian street foods. loads of purikura and trinket shops or i call them tat shops haha.

As for 'typically british' spots, not the anime con,gig side of things you can visit buckingham palace, tower of london, tower bridge, Westminster parliament/big ben. London natural history museum, british museum (museum lists here) ermmmmm on top of that also places like the tate modern gallery, national gallery, Royal Academy of Arts.

there is also monument, nelsons column/Trafalgar Square, london eye, st paul's cathedral...

also in july the film & comic con is on AND hyper japan (which rocks)

annnnn much much more.

depends on if you are an arty type, history, type, anime and alt type, foody type, theatre type etc in honesty! O:

Not a Bear's Husband

Golden Rogue

18,490 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers