こんにちは。
私は日本語学校で勉強して、今年卒業する予定です。
日本語難しいですが、私の母語のおかげで発音と文法全部簡単にできます。翻訳か通訳の仕事につきたいです。よろしくお願いします!!^O^

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
awesome, people who speak japanese. Quick question. does anyone know the the japanese word for Matchstick. I've tried using translators and the closest I've gotten is Matchi bō which I don't think is right. if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Dangerous Loiterer

Jin_of_the_thunder
awesome, people who speak japanese. Quick question. does anyone know the the japanese word for Matchstick. I've tried using translators and the closest I've gotten is Matchi bō which I don't think is right. if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Either macchi or macchibou.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Caerthakatha
Jin_of_the_thunder

are you sure? its just seems that macchi derives from the english word match and I'd assume that the japanese would have there own word for matchstick that doesn't derive from the enlish word for one.

Dangerous Loiterer

Jin_of_the_thunder
Caerthakatha
Jin_of_the_thunder

are you sure? its just seems that macchi derives from the english word match and I'd assume that the japanese would have there own word for matchstick that doesn't derive from the enlish word for one.
No, that's how a lot of Japanese words work.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Caerthakatha
Jin_of_the_thunder
Caerthakatha
Jin_of_the_thunder

No, that's how a lot of Japanese words work.
huh, I just figured that matches or some kind of ancient equivalent would of existed in japan before they encountered the english haha.

Vicious Cutie-Pie

23,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
こんにちわ! 私はにほんごべんきょおします。 Complete Japanese お 1年 およみます。

I know the first part came out okay but I could have failed at the last sentence. Particles are hard. crying

It really is an excellent book though. I've completely memorized all my hiragana. whee But I definitely have a long way to go as far as writing goes... sad

Shy Dabbler

Bulbasauria
こんにちわ! 私はにほんごべんきょおします。 Complete Japanese お 1年 およみます。

こんにちは! ヘ(゚∀゚*)ノ

Your べんきょお should be べんきょう, double お sounds in words become おう unless it's at the beginning of the word (おおきい for example).

おします should be を(wo)します. It's still pronounced お, but it indicates object and the action you're doing. The same with およみます should be をよみます.

私はにほんごべんきょします。(べんきょう is a noun that if you add します to becomes the verb 'to study')
I'm a bit confused with your second sentence though? Are you saying you've been reading that book for a year? (Complete Japaneseを1年かんぐらいでよんでいます (よんでいます indicates a continuous action/action that's continuing up to now))

Noob

頑張ってー

みなさんを応援しています☆

日本語やっぱり楽しいね♪ (とくにはえもじ ヽ(*・ω・)ノ ww)

(copy and pasteがちょっとめんどくさいですけど)

(btw if i messed up anything please correct me ahaha)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff