Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you find this guide?

• By looking in the Guides and Resources forum. 0.41245487364621 41.2% [ 457 ]
• By using the search bar. 0.18050541516245 18.1% [ 200 ]
• By following the link in someone's signature or profile. 0.088447653429603 8.8% [ 98 ]
• By having someone tell me about it. 0.10559566787004 10.6% [ 117 ]
• Other / I don't remember! 0.2129963898917 21.3% [ 236 ]
Total Votes:[ 1108 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

Pharaoh Misa
      Everything gaia does has it flaws. So is the way with humans...and corporations lol But, hopefully they learned from their builder and took the time to rebuild BEFORE they released it. I would hate to have an uproar just because they couldn't wait to unleash something else into this world. I sincerly hope that it's just as fun for you as it was way back when.

Oh definitely not. I had joined recolor before tektek shut down. Recolor me was a website tekton was working on for a while and he was advertising it on tektek, which was getting a bunch of us (gaia users) the traffic he would've needed to get it up and popular. Gaia definitely saw this as a threat and thought to use the copyright laws to their advantage. It didn't sit right with people, me included, because tektek was such a giant part of the gaia community that it and gaia even advertised IT in their guides often. Gaia could've technically taken tektek down the moment it came up with copyright was the real problem. The real problem was the fact that tekton, who'd being doing the site for free, for years, wanted to make some money, and technically I think yeah he tried to use gaia to get it. What a lost. They could've at least bought the program from him to make their own builder workable.
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wow, ok. I think my memories are all disordered. sweatdrop
I remember making a Recolor account before it was actually open to the public (it was either 3 or 5 days before it opened).
I thought that at that time Tektek had already been closed, but yeah, I must be wrong. Didn't pay much attention to that at the time.
Anyway, I'm so glad Lanzer is back. The site obviously still needs money, but it seems to me like the Gaia community is once again a priority.

Do you use the avatar builder? I personally prefer the basic avatar dress-up feature.

Menstrual Cramps's Partner In Crime

Fashionista

I wish I wasn't the only person using golden tickets to make historical items,...because clearly Gaia has no interest in doing anything with them outside of the gold shops and MAYBE monthly MCs.

Bashful Marshmallow

Adrien Ludovic Gilles
I wish I wasn't the only person using golden tickets to make historical items,...because clearly Gaia has no interest in doing anything with them outside of the cash shops and MAYBE monthly MCs.

If I had a ticket, that's exactly what I would use it on. In the meantime, you are my hero.

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

lnvidia

I have a traditional costume at home, and it's very similar. More embroidered details would have been even nicer. whee

I see what you mean. I myself enjoy compiling items from different cultures because they might be useful to other,
but making avis based on other cultures isn't really my thing. sad

Ah, that's cool, I love traditional costumes.
            I have a book tilted something like "Traditional Folk Costumes of the World" and will just look through it from time to time.
            You're right, this set needs more embroidery, that's one of the major beauties of folk costumes.
            I live in Wales, and I would loooooooove a Welsh folk costume for my avi, with a black conical top hat and lacey bonnet! *heart eyes*

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

Adrien Ludovic Gilles

I wish I wasn't the only person using golden tickets to make historical items,...because clearly Gaia has no interest in doing anything with them outside of the gold shops and MAYBE monthly MCs.

i'd love to support your efforts in any way.
            What can I do to help? c:

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

Adrien Ludovic Gilles

Your signature made me chuckle, but I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.
I crave for a decent musketeer item, but if they make it seabreeze, I will slap someone.

The lack of historical items is depressing, but it does make me cherish the rare ones we do have.
Again, thank you so much for all of your wonderful contributions. I look forward to having to invest more time into this thread. emotion_bigheart

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

GreenInkling
            Ah, that's cool, I love traditional costumes.
            I have a book tilted something like "Traditional Folk Costumes of the World" and will just look through it from time to time.
            You're right, this set needs more embroidery, that's one of the major beauties of folk costumes.
            I live in Wales, and I would loooooooove a Welsh folk costume for my avi, with a black conical top hat and lacey bonnet! *heart eyes*

How lovely! I have a few traditional embroidered Romanian shirts.
I love them, but all the embroidered details get tangled in small hooks and rough wood, so I have to be very careful whenever I lean back if I don't want to ruin them.

If you post an image reference or two, I will gladly look for similar items you would use. c:

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
lnvidia
Pharaoh Misa
      Everything gaia does has it flaws. So is the way with humans...and corporations lol But, hopefully they learned from their builder and took the time to rebuild BEFORE they released it. I would hate to have an uproar just because they couldn't wait to unleash something else into this world. I sincerly hope that it's just as fun for you as it was way back when.

Oh definitely not. I had joined recolor before tektek shut down. Recolor me was a website tekton was working on for a while and he was advertising it on tektek, which was getting a bunch of us (gaia users) the traffic he would've needed to get it up and popular. Gaia definitely saw this as a threat and thought to use the copyright laws to their advantage. It didn't sit right with people, me included, because tektek was such a giant part of the gaia community that it and gaia even advertised IT in their guides often. Gaia could've technically taken tektek down the moment it came up with copyright was the real problem. The real problem was the fact that tekton, who'd being doing the site for free, for years, wanted to make some money, and technically I think yeah he tried to use gaia to get it. What a lost. They could've at least bought the program from him to make their own builder workable.

Wow, ok. I think my memories are all disordered. sweatdrop
I remember making a Recolor account before it was actually open to the public (it was either 3 or 5 days before it opened).
I thought that at that time Tektek had already been closed, but yeah, I must be wrong. Didn't pay much attention to that at the time.
Anyway, I'm so glad Lanzer is back. The site obviously still needs money, but it seems to me like the Gaia community is once again a priority.

Do you use the avatar builder? I personally prefer the basic avatar dress-up feature.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah not too many people were even paying attention to it especially if they didn't use tektek often. I used it like everyday because back then the dressing room sucked booty. But, without tektek and avatars calling I had to suck it up lol. I keep hearing of lanzer coming back and he's the one who brought zomg back i'm like ******** yeah, this better be legit. He was one of my mods. He always seemed like he cared about the community itself.

And oh god no! For starters, part of me is still salty about tektek and then gaia brings out their shitty builder in the wake of that lost and I found it super unclassy. It's like a widow going to her husband's funeral with a boyfriend. emotion_puke I tried, because I got over myself and I was like here they are trying, but it was super shitty and I was like no thank you talk2hand But, I prefer the dressing room to anything now. .Looking back tektek did crash alot (in their defense it was run by very few unpaid people so I can't imagine gaia's excuse lol ) but now that they're tagging system is better, I can create to my heart's content. Plus, I'm lightyears better at knowing the names of a lot of items so there's that. Plus i hear it breaks down like every other day and that from all different angles, is not a good look for me. But sooo many people are just like isn't this the best way to view an avatar? I'm like no? because you're only presenting it from one side and if you build a backtar, you HAVE to start from behind or else it'll wonk out.

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

Pharaoh Misa
      Yeah not too many people were even paying attention to it especially if they didn't use tektek often. I used it like everyday because back then the dressing room sucked booty. But, without tektek and avatars calling I had to suck it up lol. I keep hearing of lanzer coming back and he's the one who brought zomg back i'm like ******** yeah, this better be legit. He was one of my mods. He always seemed like he cared about the community itself.

And oh god no! For starters, part of me is still salty about tektek and then gaia brings out their shitty builder in the wake of that lost and I found it super unclassy. It's like a widow going to her husband's funeral with a boyfriend. emotion_puke I tried, because I got over myself and I was like here they are trying, but it was super shitty and I was like no thank you talk2hand But, I prefer the dressing room to anything now. .Looking back tektek did crash alot (in their defense it was run by very few unpaid people so I can't imagine gaia's excuse lol ) but now that they're tagging system is better, I can create to my heart's content. Plus, I'm lightyears better at knowing the names of a lot of items so there's that. Plus i hear it breaks down like every other day and that from all different angles, is not a good look for me. But sooo many people are just like isn't this the best way to view an avatar? I'm like no? because you're only presenting it from one side and if you build a backtar, you HAVE to start from behind or else it'll wonk out.

I've gotten over Tektek especially since Recolor.Me is doing pretty well. Pretty great site.
I love how new items appear everyday, yet we don't have to deal with hundreds of announcements. emotion_dowant
What I liked about Tektek the most was that each item pose had its own set of tags.
Older items on gaia have like 2 tags for 10 poses, which is sad since most historical items are pretty old.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
lnvidia
Pharaoh Misa

I've gotten over Tektek especially since Recolor.Me is doing pretty well. Pretty great site.
I love how new items appear everyday, yet we don't have to deal with hundreds of announcements. emotion_dowant
What I liked about Tektek the most was that each item pose had its own set of tags.
Older items on gaia have like 2 tags for 10 poses, which is sad since most historical items are pretty old.

Really? I made the account but I can be very impatient and since I started when it started I wasn't in the mood to grow up with it and at the time I had alot of stuff going on in my life. but, since my user and password is the same, I just logged in and it says I'm 1,078 days old. lol Also, for some reason it had the avatar that I had last on the home page. Interesting. It seems to remember me, but I STILL don't feel like relearning it lol

Oh I don't deal with announcements. I hardly ever read them but my banner looks weird without the hey I've got 10 announcements. I've been seeing that for years so it freaks me out to not see it. Tektek was the lord and king of tagging lol

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

Pharaoh Misa
      Really? I made the account but I can be very impatient and since I started when it started I wasn't in the mood to grow up with it and at the time I had alot of stuff going on in my life. but, since my user and password is the same, I just logged in and it says I'm 1,078 days old. lol Also, for some reason it had the avatar that I had last on the home page. Interesting. It seems to remember me, but I STILL don't feel like relearning it lol

Oh I don't deal with announcements. I hardly ever read them but my banner looks weird without the hey I've got 10 announcements. I've been seeing that for years so it freaks me out to not see it. Tektek was the lord and king of tagging lol

Yay! My account is 1,074 days old. I wasn't too patient with it at first, either.
There weren't enough items or games at the time, but now we have mods and transparent items, which is great.
I still think Gaia is way better because the community and forums are better. (Also, zOMG! is back and working fine.) emotion_bigheart

I don't read the announcements either, but I can't stand having them appear at the top of the page.
I'm really glad we got the "Deals" page, now. Makes seeing the new items much easier~

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
lnvidia
Pharaoh Misa

Yay! My account is 1,074 days old. I wasn't too patient with it at first, either.
There weren't enough items or games at the time, but now we have mods and transparent items, which is great.
I still think Gaia is way better because the community and forums are better. (Also, zOMG! is back and working fine.) emotion_bigheart

I don't read the announcements either, but I can't stand having them appear at the top of the page.
I'm really glad we got the "Deals" page, now. Makes seeing the new items much easier~

OMG we're like sisters now! lol But, I'm glad to hear it's grown. It's been almost three years now. Holy hell I'm sure it has grown. Gaia is definitely strong for this and community and forums are better than any other forum website I've been on. Probably why I don't venture out much now and why I stick with gaia even though they're a pain. I HATE this new deals thing. I mean I don't have to read it, but I hate spending gc now and it's painful to ignore. Like most adults (and even teens) on the site, I too have things to pay for and we don't have time to pay full price for ANYTHING, that's why a lot of us were buying with the coupons and stuff then they unlocked this bonus bag and it's like NO! Deals is making it REALLY tempting to buy gc but helllll naw. rofl User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

Pharaoh Misa
      OMG we're like sisters now! lol But, I'm glad to hear it's grown. It's been almost three years now. Holy hell I'm sure it has grown. Gaia is definitely strong for this and community and forums are better than any other forum website I've been on. Probably why I don't venture out much now and why I stick with gaia even though they're a pain. I HATE this new deals thing. I mean I don't have to read it, but I hate spending gc now and it's painful to ignore. Like most adults (and even teens) on the site, I too have things to pay for and we don't have time to pay full price for ANYTHING, that's why a lot of us were buying with the coupons and stuff then they unlocked this bonus bag and it's like NO! Deals is making it REALLY tempting to buy gc but helllll naw. rofl User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I go on Recolor.Me everyday just to take a look at the homepage and see which new items we got that day.
I change my avi once every 3-4 months, too, but that's about it. ninja

Yeah, the community here is pretty amazing.
I'm glad we have so many different forums. I spend most of my time in the AT because of the fun contests and the stunning avis.
I also spend a good amount of time here, fixing small things in this guide, but people only rarely come to chat. emotion_donotwant
It's great to have someone to talk to~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces