Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Poll Count: 12,206] SEE YOU ALL AROUND. LOVE YOU ALL.

LOVE YOU TOO STRUDE (ROSLIND) 0.50892857142857 50.9% [ 228 ]
RIP BBCODE & YOU 0.49107142857143 49.1% [ 220 ]
Total Votes:[ 448 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 >

O.G. Elder

13,800 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Strude
Ryu teh Ryu

Cleaned up affiliates = Removing dead links, closed threads, or broke banners.

[ Okay, cool. :3 I wasn't sure about that... obviously. ^^; ]

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

XiaraRose's Partner

Hallowed Phantom

The new look is a good idea.

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
It's looking great so far.

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Thank you, got A TON of work ahead of me. It'll be slow going but it will eventually get done.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Í Țєαʀ Ϻy Ҥєαʀț Ӧpєȵ, Í Șєw Ϻysєʟғ Șћυț
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

I lurk your guide, but I'm coming out of the woodwork to say this.
I love your guide and can't wait for the update to be finished! 3nodding
It is a wonderful guide that I relied on when first learning the more complicated BBCode techniques.
I still use your guide to easily find symbols and set up new post styles. :]
Thank you very much for the update!
As much as I loved the old version, the colors were a bit hard on the eyes. xp
This new update seems very friendly and easy on the eyes.
Thank you so much for creating and re-creating this thread.
You run a very good guide!

▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Ϻy ѡєακȵєss Ís Țћαț Í Ҫαʀє Țόό Ϻυϲћ

Wealthy Noob

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
There is another site for image editing that I know of if you'd like to add it to your list =]

www.aviary.com

When you go to the drop down "Advanced Suite" it will list the free programs you can use. (It has a knock off Photoshop and Illustrator. whee

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Strude: I JUST WANT TO GET THIS OUT THERE HERE ON THE PLACES I FREQUENT ON GAIA. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT. THANKS GUYS

Now I am just copy pasting from a post made to my tumblr dash, instead of trying to explain it myself.

cheeeeeeen.tumblr
      Original Source: cheeeeeeen.tumblr

By far two of the most dangerous and harmful bills introduced today, not only to US citizens but to the entire world, are Protect-IP and SOPA, proposed censorship systems for the internet based on the interests of the entertainment industry. It sounds ridiculous, especially because you probably haven’t heard of it before, but they’re very real.
      The MPAA, RIAA, Hollywood knows that they have been flying in CEOs of as many companies as possible, recruiting people to get petition signups at malls in California, and here’s the big point— they know they have gotten their message through to Congress — the worst bill in Internet history, the one where government and their corporations get unbelievable power to take down sites, threaten payment processors into stopping payment to sites on a blacklist, and throw people in jail for posting ordinary content is about to pass before the end of this year. The only thing that is going to stop Hollywood from owning the Internet and everything we do, is if there is a big surprise Internet backlash starting right now.

PROTECT IP (S. 96 cool /SOPA (HR. 3261) creates the first system for Internet censorship - this bill has sweeping provisions that give the government and corporations leeway and legal cover for taking down sites “by accident,” mistakenly, or for NOT doing “enough” to protect the interests of Hollywood. These bills that are moving very quickly through Congress and can pass before Christmas aim to give the US government and corporations the ability to block sites over infringing links posted by their users and give ISPs the release to take any means to block peoples’ sites, including slowing down your connection. That’s right, some say this bill is a workaround to net neutrality and is bigger than net neutrality.

boingboing.com

And this is how it will affect you:
      Let’s make one thing clear from the get-go: despite all the talk about this bill being directed only toward “rogue” foreign sites, there is no question that it targets US companies as well. The bill sets up a system to punish sites allegedly “dedicated to the theft of US property.” How do you get that label? Doesn’t take much: Some portion of your site (even a single page) must

• be directed toward the US, and either
      • allegedly “engage in, enable or facilitate” infringement or
      • allegedly be taking or have taken steps to “avoid confirming a high probability” of infringement.

If an IP rightsholder (vaguely defined – could be Justin Bieber worried about his publicity rights) thinks you meet the criteria and that it is in some way harmed, it can send a notice claiming as much to the payment processors (Visa, Mastercard, Paypal etc.) and ad services you rely on.

Once they get it, they have 5 days to choke off your financial support. Of course, the payment processors and ad networks won’t be able to fine-tune their response so that only the allegedly infringing portion of your site is affected, which means your whole site will be under assault. And, it makes no difference that no judge has found you guilty of anything or that the DMCA safe harbors would shelter your conduct if the matter ever went to court. Indeed, services that have been specifically found legal, like Rapidshare, could be economically strangled via SOPA. You can file a counter-notice, but you’ve only got 5 days to do it (good luck getting solid legal advice in time) and the payment processors and ad networks have no obligation to respect it in any event. That’s because there are vigilante provisions that grant them immunity for choking off a site if they have a “reasonable belief” that some portion of the site enables infringement.

eff.org

Prime targets, eff.org says, are sites like twitter and tumblr.

But for now, we still have the power we’ve always had to stimulate change and speak up against this censorship, using exactly what these bills will try to stifle. ANYONE who uses tumblr should sign this petition and get the word out. Part of the strength of Protect-IP and SOPA is that they’re so under the radar right now. It’s our job to change this. Don’t let them pull the wool over your eyes.

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP PROTECT-IP AND SOPA:

For those who live in the US, here is the White House Petition.

Stop the E-PARASITE Act

info@fightforthefuture.org
Today is the day!

While the House of Representatives discusses America's first system for censoring the internet, sites everywhere are sending their users to contact Congress to stop this bill.

Huge sites like Boing Boing, 4chan, Reddit, Mozilla (on the Firefox start page!) are participating, and more are joining fast. If you have a blog, a Tumblr page or a YouTube channel, black out your logo in protest. If you have a website you can also run a splash page asking your visitors to contact Congress.

Visit americancensorship.org to write your representatives and get the code.

Fight For The Future info@fightforthefuture.org via bounce.bluestatedigital.com
Last week there was a small meeting at Mozilla to discuss SOPA, the Internet Censorship Bill.

It was eerie. The DC groups were practically screaming, "this bill is the worst we've ever seen and we can't stop it" -- while everyone else had barely heard of it. The consensus? We needed to wake people up.

Well, yesterday the Internet woke up. *You* woke the internet up.

Check out these numbers and screenshots.

To everyone who wrote their rep, made calls, posted to Twitter and Facebooks -- and especially to everyone who ran the modal and blacked out their logos, you are courageous and you made history yesterday. You just took the first step to combine the web's largest sites, its strongest communities, its staunchest defenders and billions of users into and unbeatable force for stopping censorship.

The scary part? We still might lose. Though growing fast, our coalition still isn't strong enough.

The bill is backed by an unholy alliance of Hollywood, its unions, drug companies, and the Chamber of Commerce. They are pouring money into it, and they've been working on this for years. Yesterday, big players like Tumblr, Mozilla, Reddit, BoingBoing, and even 4chan came out strong on our side. Now it's your turn. We've got to dig in and go viral.

Can you add a "Stop Censorship" message to your blog, Tumblr, Facebook, or Youtube pages? Click here for the code.

If you ran "Stop Censorship" or the "Contact Congress" splash on your page yesterday, we humbly ask you to keep it running until this bill is dead, and to find more people who can. We understand if you can't, but the bill is just as bad as it was yesterday -- so we've got to ask.

Click here to get the code to add to your page. It's easy.

Yesterday was amazing. There will be more, we promise.

Homes Wilson

Fight for the Future

AmericanCensorship.org
I have a BBcode question! This wasn't on the old guide and obviously not on the new guide either...

I want to change the color of linked text (I saw the underline color change section but it wasn't clear on how it would work with links, if it is the same thing) and I want to change the color and possibly the symbol used on point/bulleted lists.

Also, this is for a Guild, so I understand if there are guild limitations with them having the out-dated forum system. sweatdrop

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Aki Ameko
I have a BBcode question! This wasn't on the old guide and obviously not on the new guide either...

I want to change the color of linked text (I saw the underline color change section but it wasn't clear on how it would work with links, if it is the same thing) and I want to change the color and possibly the symbol used on point/bulleted lists.

Also, this is for a Guild, so I understand if there are guild limitations with them having the out-dated forum system. sweatdrop

This is how you do it.
[url=URL-HERE][color=white][u][b][/color][color=TEXT-COLOR-HERE]text here[/color][/b][/u][/url]

I will note that you can not BOLD the font. So if you have intentions of bolding the linked front forget it, doesn't work, simply how the coding is in guilds. Sucks.
Strude
Aki Ameko

This is how you do it.
[url=URL-HERE][color=white][u][b][/color][color=TEXT-COLOR-HERE]text here[/color][/b][/u][/url]

I will note that you can not BOLD the font. So if you have intentions of bolding the linked front forget it, doesn't work, simply how the coding is in guilds. Sucks.
Ah, thank you very much! It works. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces