29,250 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • The Committee Staff 25
BatChic
Dragonus Luciferius
I won't let this thread die, so...
gaia_zurg Ba-Da-Bump! gaia_zurg

Yes! Keep this awesome thread alive! ALIVE!

Here an amazing artpiece of the Commander by JennitheDragon @ Deviant Art

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

★彡 ☂♄ꍏ♫ϰ ☿⊙☋ 彡★
for bringing this thread back!

Oh yeah. That was a good one! Dang it, I've recently really fallen back down the Zurg rabbit hole. The Zurg hole...? I've been doodling Flarn and my OCs and the ideas are everywhere. I'd recently been wondering if my OC would really be able to live peacefully on Gaia, considering her erm... War crimes. So I can imagine she wears shades and stuff to his her Zurgy eyes, but what if she got arrested or something? But to be honest, I think one hybrid in jail is enough. Aww, now I miss Flarn again. XD

Alien Fairy

15,725 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Nebula Novice 100
Dragonus Luciferius
BatChic
Dragonus Luciferius
I won't let this thread die, so...
gaia_zurg Ba-Da-Bump! gaia_zurg

Yes! Keep this awesome thread alive! ALIVE!

Here an amazing artpiece of the Commander by JennitheDragon @ Deviant Art

★彡 ☂♄ꍏ♫ϰ ☿⊙☋ 彡★
for bringing this thread back!

Oh yeah. That was a good one! Dang it, I've recently really fallen back down the Zurg rabbit hole. The Zurg hole...? I've been doodling Flarn and my OCs and the ideas are everywhere. I'd recently been wondering if my OC would really be able to live peacefully on Gaia, considering her erm... War crimes. So I can imagine she wears shades and stuff to his her Zurgy eyes, but what if she got arrested or something? But to be honest, I think one hybrid in jail is enough. Aww, now I miss Flarn again. XD

I'm glad you have been doodling your OC's and Flarn! I would love to see your ideas. Sometimes you can glean more from sketches than from finished artworks.

And as for imagining imprisonment for your OC -- who would be the judge and jury on Gaia? In a recent story I wrote for the HBC's Shape of Latte Short Story Contest, I made Vice-President Diedrich the judge, which produced a humorous outcome. Otherwise, I believe Edmund often takes the role of judge -- but how sympathetic would he be towards the Zurg, overall?

Really, I don't think you have much to worry about -- for you stress Piece for All Factions in the title. And if you hold this in your Hybrid Zurg heart, all will be forgiven.

Last year I wrote a roleplay for mxy, where he took on dark aspects of Flarn (it was another alien which was controlling his personality) and he was taking it out on his Zurg-mate, 7izzle -- ordering her to call him "Master" and for her to take a submissive role.
Of course, once it was discovered that another alien was using mxy as his puppet -- and mxy had the most information on this alien race and its intentions -- he became the hero in this plot, and he and 7izzle got back together.

I would love to see your avatar adapt to your OC's emotional/plot development -- donning shades, and sometimes cloaking her appearance, somewhat. It would be fun for me, because of my understanding of how your OC views things on Gaia.

And now, a little announcement from my IRL Irish self~

7izzle's Senpai

Alien Explorer

9,125 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Alien Hellraiser

29,250 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
BatChic
I'm glad you have been doodling your OC's and Flarn! I would love to see your ideas. Sometimes you can glean more from sketches than from finished artworks.

And as for imagining imprisonment for your OC -- who would be the judge and jury on Gaia? In a recent story I wrote for the HBC's Shape of Latte Short Story Contest, I made Vice-President Diedrich the judge, which produced a humorous outcome. Otherwise, I believe Edmund often takes the role of judge -- but how sympathetic would he be towards the Zurg, overall?

Really, I don't think you have much to worry about -- for you stress Piece for All Factions in the title. And if you hold this in your Hybrid Zurg heart, all will be forgiven.

Last year I wrote a roleplay for mxy, where he took on dark aspects of Flarn (it was another alien which was controlling his personality) and he was taking it out on his Zurg-mate, 7izzle -- ordering her to call him "Master" and for her to take a submissive role.
Of course, once it was discovered that another alien was using mxy as his puppet -- and mxy had the most information on this alien race and its intentions -- he became the hero in this plot, and he and 7izzle got back together.

I would love to see your avatar adapt to your OC's emotional/plot development -- donning shades, and sometimes cloaking her appearance, somewhat. It would be fun for me, because of my understanding of how your OC views things on Gaia.

And now, a little announcement from my IRL Irish self~

Ya. I have a bunch of saved outfits for my avatar based on her story.
We should all post our stories and art in the thread.
Or in the 'Citizens of Gaia' guild. It's all about stories and stuff. ^v^

5DMxyzptlk's Waifu

Alien Partner

5,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100

5DMxyzptlk's Waifu

Alien Partner

5,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100
Dragonus Luciferius
BatChic

GREAT IDEA!
AND I love your avatar for today, Dee! So sweet! Hope you are having a fine St. Patrick's Day! ☘ HAIL ZURG! gaia_zurg

Alien Hellraiser

29,250 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
7izzle
Dragonus Luciferius
BatChic

GREAT IDEA!
AND I love your avatar for today, Dee! So sweet! Hope you are having a fine St. Patrick's Day! ☘ HAIL ZURG! gaia_zurg

You look great too friend!
Happy St Paddy's day to our neighbours!
(I'm in Scotland, so I waved across the water at our bros in Ireland.)
^///w///^

7izzle's Senpai

Alien Explorer

9,125 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
It felt great to change my avatar into something fresh -- and it is fun to wear the Saturn OM NOM halo on my head, ironically. The suit is TX-55 Sonic Combat Armor (legs and torso) and my Zurg companion is a little Flarn -- SDPlus #031 Alien 09 -- so, you know -- double the Flarn, double the fun! gaia_zurg

Alien Hellraiser

29,250 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
5DMxyzptlk
It felt great to change my avatar into something fresh -- and it is fun to wear the Saturn OM NOM halo on my head, ironically. The suit is TX-55 Sonic Combat Armor (legs and torso) and my Zurg companion is a little Flarn -- SDPlus #031 Alien 09 -- so, you know -- double the Flarn, double the fun! gaia_zurg

I love your avatar!
And you know I have me some mini Zurg. XD

Oooooh! I'm loving the Zurg activity.
I missed us all. /Hugs.

7izzle's Senpai

Alien Explorer

9,125 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Dragonus Luciferius
5DMxyzptlk

I love your avatar!
And you know I have me some mini Zurg. XD
the Zurg
Oooooh! I'm loving the Zurg activity.
I missed us all. /Hugs.

I think it is grand that you have given us a forum to discuss Flarn and his influence on the Zurg (and, the whole of Gaia) -- and, in my mind, Flarn was more of an antihero than a villain.

And, here is a definition if the above statement seems a bit hazy~ " An antihero is a main character in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities and attributes such as idealism, courage and morality. Although antiheroes may sometimes perform actions that are morally correct, it is not always for the right reasons, often acting primarily out of self-interest or in ways that defy conventional ethical codes."

Now, you may wish to debate me on this -- and I would love to hear your views on the Theory of Flarn. I realize he is a complex character, and may be open to different interpretations of his composition -- with actions that could be viewed as morally ambiguous.

Get back to you on this~ HAIL ZURG! gaia_zurg ~mxy

Alien Hellraiser

29,250 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
5DMxyzptlk
I think it is grand that you have given us a forum to discuss Flarn and his influence on the Zurg (and, the whole of Gaia) -- and, in my mind, Flarn was more of an antihero than a villain.

And, here is a definition if the above statement seems a bit hazy~ " An antihero is a main character in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities and attributes such as idealism, courage and morality. Although antiheroes may sometimes perform actions that are morally correct, it is not always for the right reasons, often acting primarily out of self-interest or in ways that defy conventional ethical codes."

Now, you may wish to debate me on this -- and I would love to hear your views on the Theory of Flarn. I realize he is a complex character, and may be open to different interpretations of his composition -- with actions that could be viewed as morally ambiguous.

Ohoohoo... I know of antiheroes. A lot of my OCs are antiheroes.
Gotta' say, I'm glad you like the thread. When I made it, one of the first comments I got was someone saying how the Rebelievers already existed and it kinda sucked TBH. But Flarn has always been one of my favourites, so I just had to make this. And honestly, I just wanted to chat in the GCD, but people seem so salty on Gaia these days. Eh.

Hail Zurg! gaia_zurg gaia_kittenstar emotion_bigheart

7izzle's Senpai

Alien Explorer

9,125 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Dragonus Luciferius
5DMxyzptlk

Ohoohoo... I know of antiheroes. A lot of my OCs are antiheroes.
Gotta' say, I'm glad you like the thread. When I made it, one of the first comments I got was someone saying how the Rebelievers already existed and it kinda sucked TBH. But Flarn has always been one of my favourites, so I just had to make this. And honestly, I just wanted to chat in the GCD, but people seem so salty on Gaia these days. Eh.

Hail Zurg! gaia_zurg gaia_kittenstar emotion_bigheart

Well, I believe as long as we stay on topic with our discussions on Flarn and his relationship with the Zurg, this thread won't be moved to the Chatterbox. if you have drawings and stories in relation to your fascination with Flarn, these would be a boost for this thread, as well.

The Rebelievers thread is a good one, as we both know, but this one of yours has its own unique merits. And both forum threads can coexist on Gaia -- creative input is an imaginative tool worth developing.

HAIL ZURG! gaia_zurg gaia_kittenstar emotion_bigheart

Alien Hellraiser

29,250 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
5DMxyzptlk

Well, I believe as long as we stay on topic with our discussions on Flarn and his relationship with the Zurg, this thread won't be moved to the Chatterbox. if you have drawings and stories in relation to your fascination with Flarn, these would be a boost for this thread, as well.

The Rebelievers thread is a good one, as we both know, but this one of yours has its own unique merits. And both forum threads can coexist on Gaia -- creative input is an imaginative tool worth developing.

That's a great idea. Maybe I should make a section at the front for art.
I know Bearnas and I love to draw our Zurg OCs. ^///w///^

7izzle's Senpai

Alien Explorer

9,125 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Dragonus Luciferius
5DMxyzptlk

That's a great idea. Maybe I should make a section at the front for art.
I know Bearnas and I love to draw our Zurg OCs. ^///w///^

Yes, creating an inviting introduction to this thread by posting your art is a terrific idea! idea
I am looking forward to further developments like these to this thread, Dee. gaia_zurg
HAIL ZURG!

Golden Egg

18,715 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Falling For You 25
is there a thread where we can rate Zurg themed avatars ?... asking for a friend... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff