Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Risk-Taker

11,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Luck of the Draw 50
found the rhythm
I had to add a few things.
First off, The admin and other gaian broke Gaia's Terms of Service, I didn't.
The big problem here is the fact that they broke the rules and are being "rewarded" for it, while I didn't break any rules and I am the one being punished.

Why should a mod or an admin not have to follow the rules?
Why is the gaian being rewarded, when she broke the rules by harassing me?

Quote:
I purchased a Modus Operandi a while back in the vend for about 130k. The person I purchased it from sent me multiple PM's, I told her I don't reverse transactions and she seemed okay with it by her reply.. but she ended up creating a thread in the Chatterbox. She "summoned" me to the thread and I told her I wasn't going to return the item. I filled out a harassment report, and finally got a reply back from an Admin.

I edited the names and removed my harassment report to prevent name-dropping.

the admin who replied to my case
found the rhythm
the admin who replied to my case

First off, you will be expected to do the reversal that led to this. We will deal with the abuse appropriately; but you will do the reversal.

This is for three reasons.
1) Regardless of whether you feel "guilt" or not, the fact remains that if you were to drop a zero yourself, your reaction would be the same. You might try to say it wouldn't be; but it nearly always is. So if you think about it, it's the right thing to do. Besides, only she would lose something - a slight amount of gold from where the vend took its 2%.

2) It is intentionally profiting from something unintended, and isn't all that much different from other forms of marketplace abuse

3) You didn't have to respond in the thread, and chose to anyway. This added to the complications and could have been avoided by simply reporting the summon.

So I am being forced to reverse my transaction?
Is that what you mean by you expect me to do the reversal?

Exactly.

That was the conversation I had with the Admin, and yes I am 100% positive it is an admin. Orange name, and "Admin Lead" under their username.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-questions-assistance/possibly-being-forced-to-reverse-a-transaction-made-in-mp/t.87324789_16/
I created a thread in Q&A to get some opinions, because I wasn't to sure on the rules and guidelines but I was given a few quotes and a link to a thread where it states all transactions are final.
I am actually a little scared to vend now because more of my transactions can be reversed and I am worried I will be banned because I refuse to reverse the transaction.
I honestly do not think it's fair that I am being forced to reverse a marketplace transaction when the user wasn't even hacked at all. She made that mistake, admitted to it and said she didn't even mean to list it.

gaian that sold the item in mp
found the rhythm
gaian that sold the item in mp
sad sorry but that wan't meant to be sold.. if you could kindly give it back and I'll refund give you the gold you spent on it please

there are multiple confirmation screens, so i find it hard to believe that you didn't mean to sell that item. I don't do refunds, sorry.

i meant in that price.. but that's okay i guess. thanks anyways

Will gaia change the rules about the marketplace?
Will they start reversing transactions to everyone who asks a mod about it?
Will vending and exchanging be against TOS in the future because it's a "form of abuse?"
What are your thoughts on this GCD?
I agree with you when I mispriced a item on nobody made them give it back it was my fult I should have paid better attion I lost ove 2mill on a item but that was not the fult of the guy whobought it I would have done the same and called it a hell of a deal you shouldn't have to give the item back that way the seller will learn to look what there doing

Alien Invader

I just want to say this thread it utterly out of control. I don't think it should even be allowed to exist since all it's turned into is one repetitive rumor mill.
Sisky said what I thought was obvious--this matter wasn't handled properly and the rules haven't changed.
I'm guessing most of you have never encountered someone in a position of authority who didn't know what they were doing or made a flub. Just feel lucky that your first experience didn't come at the expense of your actual livelihood.

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Jillmanji
siskataya

I'm curious, Sisky, in your last paragraph you spoke of "proverbial salt in the wound" and "taunting/humiliating" people who've mispriced items; I was wonder if posting screenshots of your vends would be considered cruel and humiliating?
I've always felt that posting links to people's shops like that can be quite mean, and maybe that shouldn't be allowed unless the buyer scratches out the seller's username and a good portion of their avi? Although I understand that for a vendor, that's almost like a trophy, and it's nice to keep track of one's achievements. However, in my honest opinion, it seems a bit unnecessary to keep the seller's username and other information in the picture. Do you think that maybe there could be a new rule regarding this in the future?

Meh, I have quoted your post now. So should quoting be forbidden for the same reason?

Links to peoples stuff happens here on Gaia. Don't make problems that never existed. Those Vending links have never been used against the seller.

Rich Risk-Taker

11,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Luck of the Draw 50
dose that mean if I bid on a item and add a extra 0 that the seller should have to rfund me ?I think that mod was mad they didn't get the item for that price im a lil jealous I didn't see the item at that price or I would have got it for my profit come-on admin let worry more about artifice inflation instead of making venders pay you ppls mistakes

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Tsukita-chan
siskataya

thank you Sisky...

may I ask something.... why a person that is part of Club Verge, that made a missprice in MP, got his item returned to his invo... by you. Are they special users then?

I am part of the club too... so, if I missprice an item , I can ask to get it back to me?

It sounds very unfair to all people in the site.... I would like to know why that person got a special treatment while the rest of the users have to deal w/their mistakes.

Not much time ago a person make a mistake in MP too.. for a biggest valued item... and he never got it back.. because admins told him it was his fault and all sales are final... so...????

thanks.

The one move that Siskataya did there was something special and not a new thing at all. And you know/understand that. Of course Siskataya wouldn't do this again.

Salty Pal

I wasn't even aware of the tickbox for items averaged under 1mil before this thread. They have literally done so much to accommodate brats who can't deal with their own mistake of mispricing items. A while back it showed the amount in larger, red text, now there's even a tickbox before you can enter your password if you forget a digit?

I'm freaking glad the tickbox doesn't show up for items over 1mil. When someone leaves a digit out of a 7-digit item, at least that yields some nice profit for whoever's quick enough snag it. There are already very limited ways to make gold on this site without purchasing gaia cash. Booty grab doesn't grant as much gold as it did during the Dolphinmania era, plus there's a cap on booty grab earnings per day. Gold earned from mini-games and posting is, as we all know, completely insignificant if you're looking to purchase anything but gold shop items from '03.

It's no secret that vending is a decent way for people to earn gold.. and this is coming from someone who has never vended. I cannot be ******** to learn the average value of popular items prone to mispricing with how many items exist in gaia's database today. Being a profiting vendor requires, other than quick-a** internet, a good deal of research and quickness, and a hell of a lot of patience--all that page refreshing.

I mean the only other ways to make gold really (unless you have talent to sell) is relying on charity/giveaways/contests and exchanging/hoarding, and the latter takes a whole lot of patience too.

note: I guess the situation that 1mil+ items don't give the tickbox warning could be an unintentional error, given that anything with an average 1mil+ shows up as "0g" on the selling page. I bet this thread will be a good catalyst for getting that error worked out so that tickboxes even show up for 1mil+ items, too.

I guess the only thing that will ever be able to make the babies happy is for mods to facilitate reversals for all of their mispriced items because it's just so mean that someone would ever capitalize on their negligent mistakes. wahmbulance Someone said it well on page 20, something like "I guess the problem here is there's not a warning that the coffee you pick up might possibly be hot*."

*Funny sidenote, in case you didn't know, there was a court case in which a plaintiff successfully sued McDonald's for $2.86 million for spilling coffee on herself, and since then McDonald's changed their coffee cups to have more strongly-worded warning labels so as to not face losses in the future by abusers of the law like the plaintiff in the aforementioned case (Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants).

Questionable Loiterer

wagnas
Jillmanji
siskataya

I'm curious, Sisky, in your last paragraph you spoke of "proverbial salt in the wound" and "taunting/humiliating" people who've mispriced items; I was wonder if posting screenshots of your vends would be considered cruel and humiliating?
I've always felt that posting links to people's shops like that can be quite mean, and maybe that shouldn't be allowed unless the buyer scratches out the seller's username and a good portion of their avi? Although I understand that for a vendor, that's almost like a trophy, and it's nice to keep track of one's achievements. However, in my honest opinion, it seems a bit unnecessary to keep the seller's username and other information in the picture. Do you think that maybe there could be a new rule regarding this in the future?

Meh, I have quoted your post now. So should quoting be forbidden for the same reason?

Links to peoples stuff happens here on Gaia. Don't make problems that never existed. Those Vending links have never been used against the seller.

I'll leave my response short 'n simple, since I don't think you understand what I was trying to get at.
Yes, quoting should be forbidden, if done in a condescending and/or mean manner (And it is! Flaming, spamming, etc are not allowed).

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Tsukita-chan
siskataya

thank you Sisky...

may I ask something.... why a person that is part of Club Verge, that made a missprice in MP, got his item returned to his invo... by you. Are they special users then?

I am part of the club too... so, if I missprice an item , I can ask to get it back to me?

It sounds very unfair to all people in the site.... I would like to know why that person got a special treatment while the rest of the users have to deal w/their mistakes.

Not much time ago a person make a mistake in MP too.. for a biggest valued item... and he never got it back.. because admins told him it was his fault and all sales are final... so...????

thanks.

Thanks for the post!

Actually, that was not a "Club Verge" thing. Over the past year or so, if we were contacted by people about a mis-priced item, we have given many people the item back, removed the gold they got for it as a one-time removal, and warned them to be careful with pricing in the future. This has been done for Club Verge and non-Club Verge members, so it is in no way specific to spending on Gaia.

Clearly, we cannot go back years and years and handle issues of mis-pricing, but if someone else has an issue with mis-pricing a Marketplace item that occurred within the past year, they are certainly free to contact us via the Help Center with that issue and we'll be happy to look into the matter. If your friend contacted us recently and was told no, he/she is certainly free to re-open the ticket and ask for us to review the matter again.

Also, so everyone knows, we only do this once per account, so if one has a habit of mis-pricing items, then he/she needs to be careful about filing a request for this. What we cannot do is continually correct mis-pricing mistakes for the same account.

Hope this helps! 3nodding

Explorer

siskataya

Thanks for the post!

Actually, that was not a "Club Verge" thing. Over the past year or so, if we were contacted by people about a mis-priced item, we have given many people the item back, removed the gold they got for it as a one-time removal, and warned them to be careful with pricing in the future. This has been done for Club Verge and non-Club Verge members, so it is in no way specific to spending on Gaia.

Clearly, we cannot go back years and years and handle issues of mis-pricing, but if someone else has an issue with mis-pricing a Marketplace item that occurred within the past year, they are certainly free to contact us via the Help Center with that issue and we'll be happy to look into the matter. If your friend contacted us recently and was told no, he/she is certainly free to re-open the ticket and ask for us to review the matter again.

Also, so everyone knows, we only do this once per account, so if one has a habit of mis-pricing items, then he/she needs to be careful about filing a request for this. What we cannot do is continually correct mis-pricing mistakes for the same account.

Wow, I never even knew this was an option!
This seems a bit dodgy, but hey, you always learn something new. xd

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Ven Loraine
siskataya

Thanks for the post!

Well, we aren't trying to be dodgy! Just show a little compassion. We know what it feels like to misprice items! crying

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Coffee Killer
I'll ragequit this site if they pull this bullshit.

If you misprice an item, there is a SECOND confirmation asking you if YOU ARE SURE you want to sell that item at that price. It's literally foolproof.

This. The user obviously was a fool for not DOUBLE CHECKING.

Explorer

siskataya
Ven Loraine
siskataya

Thanks for the post!

Well, we aren't trying to be dodgy! Just show a little compassion. We know what it feels like to misprice items! crying
No, I meant it seems kinda dodgy because what happens if I snatch a mispriced item, sell if for an extra million and spend the gold on some other item or art?
How could all that get reversed? Especially if I bought some 10 million gold art piece that obviously couldn't just be given back to the artist...?
It all seems kind of complicated.

I have mispriced items, too. But well, after one or two mistakes, I learned from it and became paranoid gonk

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

siskataya

Thanks for the post!

ohhhh I didn't knew that.. since is the first time I see this situation posted in a thread.... I assumed it was because club verge
thank you again Sisky!! User Image

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
I'm glad this issue had such a positive result and that the buy isn't forced to lose the item. I was terrified for a moment that this was creating a very scary precedent for vendors.

Loiterer

xosowneb
I wasn't even aware of the tickbox for items averaged under 1mil before this thread. They have literally done so much to accommodate brats who can't deal with their own mistake of mispricing items. A while back it showed the amount in larger, red text, now there's even a tickbox before you can enter your password if you forget a digit?

I'm freaking glad the tickbox doesn't show up for items over 1mil. When someone leaves a digit out of a 7-digit item, at least that yields some nice profit for whoever's quick enough snag it. There are already very limited ways to make gold on this site without purchasing gaia cash. Booty grab doesn't grant as much gold as it did during the Dolphinmania era, plus there's a cap on booty grab earnings per day. Gold earned from mini-games and posting is, as we all know, completely insignificant if you're looking to purchase anything but gold shop items from '03.

It's no secret that vending is a decent way for people to earn gold.. and this is coming from someone who has never vended. I cannot be ******** to learn the average value of popular items prone to mispricing with how many items exist in gaia's database today. Being a profiting vendor requires, other than quick-a** internet, a good deal of research and quickness, and a hell of a lot of patience--all that page refreshing.

I mean the only other ways to make gold really (unless you have talent to sell) is relying on charity/giveaways/contests and exchanging/hoarding, and the latter takes a whole lot of patience too.

note: I guess the situation that 1mil+ items don't give the tickbox warning could be an unintentional error, given that anything with an average 1mil+ shows up as "0g" on the selling page. I bet this thread will be a good catalyst for getting that error worked out so that tickboxes even show up for 1mil+ items, too.

I guess the only thing that will ever be able to make the babies happy is for mods to facilitate reversals for all of their mispriced items because it's just so mean that someone would ever capitalize on their negligent mistakes. wahmbulance Someone said it well on page 20, something like "I guess the problem here is there's not a warning that the coffee you pick up might possibly be hot*."

*Funny sidenote, in case you didn't know, there was a court case in which a plaintiff successfully sued McDonald's for $2.86 million for spilling coffee on herself, and since then McDonald's changed their coffee cups to have more strongly-worded warning labels so as to not face losses in the future by abusers of the law like the plaintiff in the aforementioned case (Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants).

You know I'm not certain that someone suing for the medical costs of their third degree burns and skin grafts counts as "fraudulent". neutral

Here. I'll quote things from the "proof" YOU provided.
Quote:
A New Mexico civil jury awarded $2.86 million to plaintiff Stella Liebeck who had suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region when she accidentally spilled hot coffee in her lap after purchasing it from a McDonald's restaurant. Liebeck was hospitalized for eight days while she underwent skin grafting, followed by two years of medical treatment.

Hospitalized for EIGHT DAYS. Underwent SKIN GRAFTING. Dealt with TWO YEARS of medical treatment afterward.
Oh yeah, huge abuse of the system. rolleyes
But wait, there's more!
Quote:
McDonald's had refused several prior opportunities to settle for less than what the jury ultimately awarded.[2] The jury damages included $160,000[3] to cover medical expenses and compensatory damages and $2.7 million in punitive damages. The trial judge reduced the final verdict to $640,000, and the parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided.

Liebeck tried to sue for JUST medical damages, but McD's kept refusing. It's mcD's own fault they decided to settle for far more than what Liebeck originally asked for.

But call now, and we'll DOUBLE OUR OFFER!
Quote:
Other documents obtained from McDonald's showed that from 1982 to 1992 the company had received more than 700 reports of people burned by McDonald's coffee to varying degrees of severity, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000.

Liebeck wasn't the first to "get burned"! Hah, see what I did there? Get? Burned? HAH
Quote:
He argued that all foods hotter than 130 °F (54 °C) constituted a burn hazard, and that restaurants had more pressing dangers to warn about. The plaintiffs argued that Appleton conceded that McDonald's coffee would burn the mouth and throat if consumed when served.
McD's coffee was SO HOT it would BURN YOUR THROAT.
Quote:
Liebeck's attorney, Reed Morgan, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America defended the result in Liebeck by claiming that McDonald's reduced the temperature of their coffee after the suit.[17] Ten years after the settlement, Morgan was still litigating lawsuits against McDonald's over hot coffee burns.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff