Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, do you like all the room?

Oh yes. 0.50860033726813 50.9% [ 1508 ]
No, I liked the old thread. [/sulk] 0.057335581787521 5.7% [ 170 ]
...WTF? 0.2920741989882 29.2% [ 866 ]
Lol, loser. 0.14198988195616 14.2% [ 421 ]
Total Votes:[ 2965 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 194 195 196 > >> >>> »|

DID I SAY MIND CONTROL OR DID I SAY MIND CONTROL?

Err, yeah. I'm still hyped about that.

On another note, look what Singh said!

Emphasis in quote is added.

Dr. Singh
Indeed we do, my villainous little parasite.

We win Gaia. Again.

Even if she wasn't talking about Timmy's brain monster, but about what he was doing.

Still.

We win.

Much love to the Gaia staff.

-- Alaric Martin, who definitely has "[far] too much time on [his] hands."

THE OLD THREAD

This thread is dedicated to the study of Timmy, Dr. Singh's lovable/irritating companion. No matter what it takes, this tabloid reporter conspiracy theorist will find the truth about what's happening.

Oh yeah. Other people help too.

heart

Timmy tends to evolve every Thursday, since that's when the evolution updates usually are. Unlike most evolving items, Timmy evolves every update, without skipping any. He began evolving after Dr. Singh shut him into a barrel filled with green sludge.

Contents
Parasite Theory
Specific Parasite Theories
Other Theories
Been There, Done That
Links In
Links Out
Thread Hall of Fame
Awards
Sci-Fi Team
Data

History
3|07|08
Been There, Done That section was formed, at the request of Serving_God_Forever. Also, Singh said "parasite." Whoot!

2|28|08
Sci-Fi Team was formed. Lol. Also, I was we were totally right about mind control.

2|14|08
This thread opened. We needed more room. May the old one rest in peace. Links should be updated.

1|25|08
The first TRUTH About TIMMY thread was formed.
PARASITE THEORY

TIMMY.

There. If that word didn't send you scurrying about looking for another thread, then what follows may even interest you.

We've all seen how Dr. Singh locked the poor kid in a barrel full of toxic mutagenic sludge. And we've all seen what's been happening ever since.

And then, we all sat down and theorized. What was happening occurred to me at once, of course, and upon studying the main ideas put forth, I was shocked. The very thought of such things! Timmy isn't going to become some unicorn/zombie hybrid. He isn't going to become a super-intelligent criminal mastermind with a fetish for biting people. He isn't going to become a strangely evolved narwhal. In fact...

...TIMMY ISN'T GOING TO BECOME ANYTHING.

Now, I know what you're going to say: "But even you admitted it, we've all seen..." Still, hear me out. See that horn growing from Timmy's skull? Oh wait...did I say from Timmy's skull? Because that's not what I meant. That horn is most definitely not growing from Timmy's skull. If it were, since it's evidently pushing through his brain, it would have to be growing from the inner base of his skull, directly through his entire brain.

NOW, WHAT KIND OF HORN GROWS THAT WAY?

Oh yes, we've seen the so-called "x-ray" Dr. Singh showed us. And, well, it's obviously phony. Tell me, when you check the image, is the horn not simply growing from the front of Timmy's skull? And tell me, when you check Timmy himself, is it not growing through at least some of his brain?

EVIDENTLY, DR. SINGH IS HIDING SOMETHING, EVEN FROM TIMMY HIMSELF.

What she is hiding is: Timmy has a creature growing within his brain, intelligent at the very least, and slowly taking over its functions as it destroys it. It also, quite obviously, has Timmy on some kind of drug, to cause him to think this is all quite normal. The poor kid is even hallucinating, thinking he can see through stuff, etc., and having delusions of superior mentality, both signs of the usage of certain drugs. 'No, no..." you say. "Timmy is evolving. Remember the toxic sludge?" May I ask you this, then:

HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT WAS IN THAT BARREL?

As the creature slowly removes Timmy's brain and replaces it with itself, we shall see more and more of it. Eventually, it will have done this to such an extent that Timmy becomes nothing more than a mindless corpse [or shall we say "a corpse with a new mind"]. However, most of Gaia will be tricked into thinking that Timmy is merely becoming more highly evolved, and watch with interest, or even acclaim the process. When the creature is finally through growing [into some kind of giant rhinoceros beetle, I would assume], and revealed to Gaia, almost none will have thoughts of protest. Many, indeed, will actually strive to share Timmy's fate. If some spark of his old self still remains - if the drugs wear off and sentience reasserts itself, it will be forever under subjugation, with no hope of rescue. Poor kid.

At Stage Ten, I was wondering whether the greyish things are hairs/fibers/etc., or torn-back flesh as I had originally assumed. Perhaps they're tentacles/arms, and the creature is emerging. It makes sense the it would come out at least slightly even if it is going to use Timmy as a host indefinitely, because Timmy's eyes, frankly, don't look like they're getting the bright side of the deal. Maybe the "evolution" is getting to the point where the creature will have to rely on its own vision. Also, Singh now looks worried.

PERHAPS THINGS AREN'T PROCEEDING AS PLANNED.

At Stage Eleven, we found that the grey things are most definitely not skin, as I had formerly thought. They look more like either tentacles or feelers. My guess is, it's some kind of sensory apparatus. Since Timmy's eyes have degenerated so drastically, maybe the creature is unable to use them to see. The horn would have functioned something like an egg tooth, to drill through Timmy's skull, leaving a nice clean hole for the feelers to emerge. That way, the creature wouldn't be "running blind," so to speak. Alternatively, it could be great evidence for the fungal theory.

Also, Timmy apparently eats corpses now. But, though Singh still seems worried, she certainly isn't hiding Timmy from the world. Did he overpower her? Does she simply want Gaians to become fascinated with the parasite, so they will willingly become infected? Why is G-Corp allowing us to see this?

DID THE BITE TIMMY GAVE HER PUT SINGH UNDER SOME SORT OF CONTROL?

- - -

suicune2001 says: It's "hard to explain the physical changes he has undergone. A parasite can't do that to its host." Well, if a chemical sludge could completely alter Timmy, I certainly think that a parasite of this kind should be able to alter his physiology a little. Perhaps the drug that causes Timmy to hallucinate is also mutating his body to create a better host environment.

xzxInuxzx
Maybe the parasite inside of him isn't trying to escape. What if the scratching on the back of the skull was an attempt to reach the spinal cord. From there he can control his ligaments and use those as a new body. It's head would just replace timmy's. I say this because his enter skin tone changed paler. It might also be possible that the parasite is altering his dna somehow. Like he's making timmy's body think that it's a creature with horns coming out of his arms and legs. Just a thought.

This is a key tenet of my main theory, but I've definitely failed at explaining it properly. Inu did a far better job.
domokun

Mazzy had yet another amazingly pertinent comment.
Mazzy elf
Alaric Martin
we've seen the so-called "x-ray" Dr. Singh showed us. And, well, it's obviously phony.

It must be... if you look closely you'll see the outline of Timmy's hair... at the time of this announcement, Timmy had already lost his hair... I don't know why I didn't say anything sooner... because I noticed straight away xd
SPECIFIC PARASITE THEORIES

MINE

Maybe Timmy's parasite is related to this? At the very least, this shows that things like this can happen. Parasite Controls Spider

Malaria is a parasite. G-Corp has a history of altering organisms to fit their needs. So, G-Corp altered malaria much [or something similar]? This could be the result of treating a microscopic parasite with the G-virus. Perhaps it was something natural to begin with.

OTHERS

Mr. Sam
It's obviously a horseshoe crab.

I agree that since the "horn" is straight, it does rather look like the crab's tail. However, it would be rather odd to have it sitting backwards...

See: Figure 4

Mazzy elf
I think Timmy has a G corp modified parasitic Fungi growing inside of him.

See: Media 1

Elokin
It's something with a beak and oddly placed eyes. Like the labeled "x-ray" states, this being once tried to escape, causing the expansion of the top of his head. It couldn't, so it burrowed further through his head and drilled its beak through his skull once more, successfully this turn. What this parasite may look like:

[image snipped]

Of course, this parasite will grow into a different organism sometime, but other than that this is my idea.

See: Figure 6

Alphonsesan
[Dont know if this has been stated]If you look closer on the latest evoloution,His arms are longer.
Maybe he is turning into a quadriped?His arms will get longer to the point were he has to use them to walk.
And the horn reminds me of a mole's nose.

[image snipped]

Maybe he has a brain mole?

Brain Mole Is Win.

See: Figure 7

Kuo51
This parasite hypothesis of your does seem quite interesting. But I must disagree that the creature growing in Timmy's head is something more like an Anemone
[image snipped] or a Sea Urchin [image snipped]

That's just my opinion, anyway. mrgreen

See: Figures 8, 9

TKNO
But, anyways, I think he's becoming demon Narwhale that we will get to battle whenever the battle system comes out.

No...not a narwhal! gonk I admit this sounds very likely.

MERC93
This is my top theory. It is going to change timmy's body to provide itself better structure to its adult form where it will not stay inside of him but use him as a skeleton. It would completely engulf his body covering it with its form as it is with the top of his skull right now. The part of it on timmy's head would be the first part of the "new" body timmy will get.

Zen Mo
Do you think all the parasites might be one collective mind? Like they're all connected telepathically?

Im_Not_That_Crazy1990
How do we know the parasite(If thats what it is) is going to stay inside timmy? We all know that timmy can now speak through singh directly. but what if thats only step one? I was thinking, whatever is inside timmy, is going to pass through him, and take over singh. I mean, she is the more intelligent/wise/mature of the two. But what will happen to Timmy, you ask? I think, once the parasite leaves him, he will be left as a hollow shell of a kid. the parasite would drain all of his human-ness, taking the energy from it to transfer to singh. He would become a sort a zombie.

Gaeasif
well the obvious reason for the slow but painless consumption of the arm is that like most parasites the saliva of timmy now contains an anaesthetic to stop the nerves reciving the signal of pain. otherwise singh should have passed out by now. o.o' take for example the mosquito, probably the most well known blood sucker, "When a mosquito bites, it injects chemicals to prevent the blood from clotting and reduce pain.These chemicals cause irritation"

See: Media 4

Rei Yami Hikari
My theories related to parasites= both of these theories MAY result in Timmy's unfortunate demise...

THEORY ONE; let me introduce T-1

There is a parasite that lays eggs in water, or in this case, radioactive schlup. or spores floating around in there, (e.g common mold spores) that were mutated by said schlup. the said creature may just be the horn itself, and like a parasite taken out of real life, relaeses chemical compounds that;
1. kill pain
and 2. Influance the host's brain.

The hair loss and timmy's mutating may also be due to the influance of the chemical compounds. And the spores/eggs of said parasite, may spread through the host's bloodstream, and entering his saliva and gastric tract. and Biting Dr.Singh transferred said eggs/spores into her blood stream and the chemical compound goes with it. and since that chemical compound belonged to that parasite, it may be sending a link FROM that original parasite, (let's call it T-1, shall we? Timmy-Parasite specimen 1) To Singh. (S-2) and T-1 may also be influencing Timmy's body to fit it's specific needs, Timmy may become nocturnal, for example, explaining the night-vision. it also may burrow under ground, if you have yet to notice, Timmy is starting to get spade-like hands, and since it eats mammal meat, and is a carnivore, it will need to look through the ground to get it's prey, hence the X-ray vision.

~

THEORY TWO; BODY SNATCHERS MUCH?

Another one, also under influance of the wierd real world, is again about the parasite in the radioactive schlup. The "horn" is the parasite's breathing hole. and it is growing, hence the swelling of Timmy's cranial space. after it has grown too large, it may, unfortunately, come out of timmy as an adult. Since it no longer needs his head for incubation, as it did in a smaller stage. It also may be, unlike in theory one, a sentient species and not just some animal. and then it will go around causing havoc in gaia, starting a new story line, and possibly an event where you can either be a follower of T-1 or a human for the G-team (go T-1!!! ahem...)

~

THEORY THREE. INFULANCE FROM COMIC BOOKS! YAY!

Or, it may be just like the radio active insect from spider man. Timmy gets powers but for his own demise, and then starts rampaging through gaia since his tiny little body can't stand said power. The usual gaia NPCs will fill the role of Batman, normal people (exeption of Moria, Louie and Ian, Who may be/ are Vampires) running around with fancy gadgets, and T-1/Timmy shall play the role of Joker. Power-mad, intoxicated with a chemical, insane, and unfortunately a villian since the heros always win.'

THEORY FOUR; COMMUNITY SPECIES

Another theory is that it just may be a lot of little creatures that make up one whole mind. Like ants, bees, or termites. They all are just like cells in a body, one collective force in itty-bitty pieces with only one technalogical mind. it may be like a lot of little, let's say, worms, relesing the chemical compounds that rigger specific points in the brain that trigger this growth OR hormones that geneticly mutate the host's physical state, and when DR. singh was bitten, the worms that were in Timmy's saliva transferred into her blood and already started to realese the hormone, and since the worms in here are part of the colony in Timmy, they are of one mind. get it?
~

Well, that's it for now, that's all I can think up at the moment. Sound good? Well, I'm running off to find more info on parasites... so...

Rei Yami Hikari,
Part-time Mad scientist
-ending transmission-

The Angel of Erac
The New Timmy theory
Timmy's body was so badly mutated by that barrel that he in a way, copied himself so that a parasitic version of him was born inside his brain. This 'new timmy' uses the old body so as not to arouse suspicion in the G-corp. This would explain why he still has his memory and can speak well enough. The yeeping may have been his new body adapting to speech again, like a baby says Goo goo gaa ga.
Also, as I showed you earlier, there is a face inside Timmy's brain. Not like an eye or anything seperate, but a mouth, nose, eye and some other things I can't really explain like the vain-like structure around the head.
Although the face shows no relation to the Timmy 'skin' it certainly looks more intelligant than a parasite.

AAAHHH!!!

Zen Mo
Dude...
exclaim The barrel was full of a life support liquid and G-Corp dumped a parsite into it.
exclaim The horn is an antenna, telepathically linking the parasites.
exclaim It is now taken up permanent residence in Timmy's head.
exclaim It asexually reproduces.
exclaim His saliva transmitted the babies.
exclaim Singh runs G-Corp
exclaim She might actually be Timmy's mommy.
exclaim The only reason Timmy yeeps is because he can't control his mouth muscles entirely.
exclaim The orphans are not involved, so stop worrying.
exclaim The Zurg might be involved. ( I want them to come back!!!! crying )
exclaim Flynn is either blind or retarded...
exclaim I like muffins. 3nodding

Just my theory, thanks for listening! (A mixture of all my previous ideas and ideas borrowed from others...)
OTHER THEORIES
BEEN THERE

Every once in a while, people drop into the thread, then post some random speculation. This is good. Awesome, in fact. However, there are a few things that are posted quite a lot, which really don't have much potential for discussion [yet, anyway]. This is a not very comprehensive list of those things.

I'm not saying these things shouldn't be brought up. I'm not saying not to bring up these things. I'm just saying, before you do, think about it. Find a new angle. Make sure we haven't, you know...

DONE THAT

"Hey, that's my theory! stare " [Yes, I love seeing wars about who posted what first, just for fun. It is sort of important. And something to be proud about. And I don't mind. Just don't get touchy, and remember that since we're all mostly logical thinkers here, lots of us are going to follow the same path of reasoning o the same conclusions. ninja ]

"Timmy is going to be a monster in the Battle System."

"This is going to be a Halloween/Easter/Random plot event someday."

"This couldn't be a Halloween/Easter/Random plot event."

"Timmy is changing."

"Timmy's arms are changing."

"This isn't going to be anything big." [Actually, you really shouldn't say this one. XD]

"Did anyone notice the X-Ray is just like the Grunny Invasion picture?"
LINKS IN

We can always use more banners. And we're always happy to trade links [...mostly]. cool

By Alaric Martin

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/the-truth-about-timmy-newly-refurbished-and-open/t.38024269/][IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w284/AlaricMartin/Gaia/Timmy/Timmy.png[/IMG][/url]

By XCheshire XCat [Above the legal signature size]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/the-truth-about-timmy-newly-refurbished-and-open/t.38024269/[img]http://tinyurl.com/2tmkhh[/img][/url]

By Zen Mo

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/the-truth-about-timmy-she-spake-the-word-o-o/t.38024269/][IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/ZenMo/thriiler1.gif[/IMG][/url]
THREAD HALL OF FAME

Because I want one. STFU.

Timmy Threads

Random Threads

how do you get giftrape?
"only on your birthday.....in prison"

OH MY GOD GET A LIFE GAIA IS NOT THE NEW FACEBOOK
Someone is concerned about users comparing Gaia to Facebook. Hilarity ensues. Unfortunately, the first post was emptied.
AWARDS

Minamoto Yoshitsune

*gives gold star* best point about this i have seen all day ^^
We can only hope that this remains true for every subsequent day.

User Image

When someone drops by just to post something like this, it proves beyond a doubt that our hard work is being recognized. I was afraid for a moment people thought all this was easy. Wouldn't want to lose a stunning reputation.
Thank you, rajan530.

Sci-Fi Team

Saving the internet from disasters, one fictitious parasite at a time. - Zen Mo

Apparently, we needed an official Timmy-information-gathering team. It's called the Sci-Fi Team because Buwaro_Panda called it a "sci team" and Seth221 called it a "sci fi team" and I thought the name in general was awesome. Alternate names will be considered and possibly added, because organizations need aliases as much as normal people do. Seriously. It's been proven.

...I think.

Therefore I am?

We need a tagline too more taglines now. Because taglines are awesome.

All who visit this thread can consider themselves honorary members of the Sci-Fi Team. Or not. You don't have to. This list pretty much only contains the people who said they wanted in.

If you want in, post. If I ignore you after I post, it's probably not on purpose. PM me. XD

Feel free to make up ridiculous categories for yourselves as needed.

ninja

Mastermind

Alaric Martin

Demons

Zen Mo

Furries

kitty_cat_chobits

Internet Geeks

0_Cloud-0-Strife_0
Serving_God_Forever

Mad Scientists

Franky G 07
Rei Yami Hikari

Scientists

Crazy With Love

Uncategorized

The Angel of Erac
Buwaro_Panda
X-flying_anime_jello-X
Sakura knight kuro-rin
Seth221
DATA

Figure 1: Timmy's Evolution
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Figure 2: Timmy's "X-Ray" - Stage 8
User Image

Figure 3: Theoretical Diagram of Parasite [by The_Hardcore_Noob]
User Image

Figure 4: Horseshoe Crab

Figure 5: Labeled Version of Timmy's "X-Ray" - Stage 8 [by Kanorfka]

Figure 6: Labeled Version of Timmy's "X-Ray" - Stage 8 [by Elokin]

Figure 7: Mole [presented by Alphonsesan]

User Image

Figure 8: Anemones [presented by Kuo51, found at Wikipedia]

Figure 9: Sea Urchin [presented by Kuo51, found at Wikipedia]

- - -

Media 1: Cordyceps [Parasitic Fungi] [BBC]
This documentary is well worth watching.
Short Version [Pointed Out By Mazzy elf]
Long Version [Pointed Out by 7luvlysins22]

Media 2: Parasite Controls Spider
This is well worth reading. It shows that certain parasites can indeed influence the behavior of the organisms they inhabit.
PDF Document

Media 3: Lanzer Speaks of Timmy [presented by Nawat Cooper, emphases added]

Conversation
Lanzer
LabTechMK

I've always wanted to make it to one of these sessions, and now that I have...
I forgot most of what I wanted to ask. gonk

However, I do still have some on my mind, so here goes:

1) Will users ever be able to in the future control certain NPCs, or will there be NPCs crafted after specific users? (Like the users who were used in the Manga in the past, for instance)

2) I don't recall if it has been answered or not yet, but Any idea what is going on with for Angelic Rod?

3) In a recent AtA session, you said the Weapons shop had slipped. Do you mean it is just getting pushed back, or has the idea failed altogether?

4) The observation was made by a fellow Gaian that Timmy's skin resembles that of the H2K4 Zombie skin. Will that skin at some point be rereleased, or is there something else in store for us you will not yet speak of?

That's all for now. Thank you for your time. ^_^
I hope the holidays are good this year for you and the rest of your team. mrgreen

~MK

1) Do expect more NPC related quests, but nothing more than that is planned for the moment...

2) Angelic Rod had been disabled due to all the botting and exploits. Which is a shame. We hope that we can fix the problems and once again introduce the "hidden" features.

3) The weapons store should be opening early next year. I wouldn't want it to slip any longer as everyone's waiting for it.

4) The plan originally was to allow easy access to the new skin. We'll be working on it. :O

Lanzer
LabTechMK

Hello Lanzer.

You always welcome us to these meetings, and thank us for coming.
I'd like to thank YOU for coming. You could surely be off doing better
things, but you take the time to talk to the users, and it is greatly appreciated.

1) Before the Marketplace changed over, we were able to search game items by number, such as 100 tickets, 50 Green Bass, and so on. Will this return some day?

2) The Official G Corp guild, created by Johnny K. Gambino and several LabTechs, has been lying unused since almost its creation. Do you think we will ever again see activity there?

3) Previously, when a group of users through the GCD had a "G Corp user event",
Fleep had made a thread to remind everyone they were only users, and so on. In that same thread, he mentioned that users in the future may gain control of individual NPCs for user run events. Is this something that could actually happen, or is it not practical?

4) Weapons shop. I think i've seen users foaming at the mouth waiting for this one. Any word?

5) If all the NPCs of G Corp were to, I dunno, go on permanent vacation, would it be possible for a user or group of users to OFFICIALLY take over the G Corp name? WANT

I'm not a big sports fan, but I do love the commercials.

Thank you for your time, and I wish you a good week.

~MK

I'm glad to be here. Aside from the occasional PM I hardly have time to spend time in the forums, so I'm really happy that I've set this time to talk to other Gaians.

Let me check with Darknrgy, I don't see why not.

Zombies will always make a comeback, just look at all the zombie movie remakes out there. biggrin

Certainly, our end goal is to provide as much tools and functions for users to host their own events. Gaia is a place for all to have fun, and all our features and efforts will all lead to that goal.

Weapons shop is still on-hold. Sorry.

Not for the time being, I think some storyline is still be plotted deep inside the depths of Gaia. biggrin

Media 4: Anasthetic Saliva [presented by Gaesif]
IRL! ORLY? YARLY!
We are now officially open again.

Help on discovering and analyzing other theories would be appreciated. If you present your own and have a thread about it, I'll link there. heart
Ah nice work. Even more goodies to theorize on Timmy.

and...

Viva la storyline
Yayyy.
I like this thread better than the last.
Losaru Taiyo
Ah nice work. Even more goodies to theorize on Timmy.

and...

Viva la storyline

Yes. Viva la storyline.

Thanks, Australo. I hated how cramped the other one was getting. XD

Wait.

Now I can't complain any more about how I didn't know people would actually post about this theory.

Bummer. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces