Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PART FIVE; THE RECKONING

Thank you to EVERYONE who has been waiting patiently for the continuation of what is shaping up to be one of the largest blunders in Gaia's history. After properly checking, I have discovered ANOTHER MULE. This mule is NOT an artist, they are NOT a moderator account.. THEY ARE A CURRENT ADMIN OF THE SITE, NAMED SANDOKIRI.

You see, I was alerted to this sale by Gash, an item that was purchased from him:
User Image

The user in question is Kinogassa.
At first glance, they appear to just be a normal user until you start to do some post digging.

1. [All] [Of these] [TEST threads?]
Don't you think it would have been smarter to do these tests on the dev version of Gaia? WHY would you do these on the live version? I mean, I get this was 2005.. but come on!

2.How did you think that posting this would never get questioned?

3. Again, another lack of a vend history?
Not to mention it took you three years to turn on your trading pass?

4. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: THE MULE'S ONE LONE GUILD.
User Image

JanJiz also pointed out that it looks like when you search the word Kinogassa, Sandokiri is the only one really talking about it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

PART FOUR; The Plot Thickens..

Is Edward Snowden a disgruntled Gaia Staff member?

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

I have PM'ed Zero directly requesting a response.
User Image

User Image

PART THREE; The Rebuttal
The Rainbow Ticket owner has created a thread in SF: Look at the hush hush money they are trying give him.

I'd like to make it clear NOW that Rina was NOT the only large purchase of that day. There is still trillions of additional gold that is being ignored. There is still also the fact that the mule was wearing a User ImageCREME CRUZ HALO as well.. why are STAFF allowed to win/be granted this item? We never received a final TRUE winners list from this event..

ANOTHER STAFF MULE? WANDERING WAVELENGTH?

Gash Thrashum
butt blush
I don't understand how wandering wavelength purchased that when his store says he's made 0 transactions
User Image

Never fear, for I have an explanation! I hope you like digging graves because we're going in deeper.

User Image

User Image

ALL OF WANDERING WAVELENGTH'S PURCHASES EVEN THOUGH HE HASN'T LOGGED ON SINCE 2013?

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image

PART TWO; 133TGATE, THE GREATEST SLEUTH OF ALL TIME.

(This part was the original intent of the thread when I created it. It hosted ALL of the evidence that has been removed due to privacy on the staff member's part. I have included what could be left according to Zero and added the PM from Zero for proof that I did not edit the OP.)

I decided to do digging on that Licor person to see what I could find, to only unearth that it's the mule of an artist here on Gaia.
133 Trillion is the equivalent of 66 halos+. The user that was taking offers on the ticket originally was receiving offers of 3-4 halos worth. That's a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE discrepancy. Why would anyone want to overpay THAT much for a ticket?

133 Trillion pumped back in to the economy is equivalent to 2-3 successful gold sinks. All of that in the hands of ONE user now.

I did some additional digging of the user Licor, and all my findings are in that first post. It's a mule of artists on the site.

Frankly, I am DISGUSTED to know that staff are behind this account It makes so much sense why you were so quick to jump in this thread. Why do these artists have so much gold? Did you grant it to them? This is horrible if you're generating gold out of thin air.

DETECTIVE EMCEE OUT.

EDIT: ZERO OMEGA/ADMIN REPLY ON PAGE 11 OF MY SF THREAD.
Zero Omega
Hey Gaians,

We would like to explain the details of this situation and share what happened. To be direct, yes, we purchased this ticket along with other items from the Marketplace. The reason for this purchase was to put some of the items into Flynn’s Plunder and put the tickets up into our next gold sink event as a personal tier reward. Allow us to explain:

We opened up the possibility of donating items to Flynn’s Plunder with our LQI policy. We wanted to add some higher tier items into Flynn’s Plunder without expanding the current stock of existing items. We decided the best way to do this would be purchasing the items off of the Marketplace and donating them to Flynn to sell. As for the Rainbow Tickets, we wanted to add these tickets to our next gold sink event. They would be a personal tier run exactly like the ones we’ve done before where if you reach the tier, you have a chance of winning that ticket. We are currently overwhelmed with tickets and, as a result, we did not want to generate a new ticket to add to our backlog. Instead, we decided to purchase an existing ticket and use that. Any items put into Flynn’s Plunder that generate a ticket have been added from an existing stock.

We used a mule account so we could make these purchases. It would have looked weird for a staff account to actually purchase a ticket. We decided to use this account as it had enough gold on it from various tests we did in the past. For clarification on what this means, we use our mule accounts to interact with the community without the attention being drawn to the fact that we are staff. However, sometime we use them to test new features and products when we need to see what the experience is as a regular user, not a staff member. However, we made an error in purchasing the Double Rainbow Ticket, in particular, for 133 trillion gold and we will be reversing the transaction. We have contacted the user about this and we will be handling this as a separate issue.

Unfortunately, this did not pan out exactly as we imagined. The intent of this was to make a good will effort to the user base and give users a chance to get some pretty awesome items. The items will still make their appearance in Flynn’s Plunder tomorrow, the ticket will make its during our next gold sink event.

With that said and us coming out with the information, we want to let you know that we will be editing out the information posted here that identifies staff accounts. We do this not to censor our community, but for the protection of the privacy of our staff members. This is the same courtesy that we would extend to any user who wishes to have their information removed. We understand that situations like this can cause the community to want to figure out answers to their concerns, but that does not give anyone the right to spotlight the information, even if it is publicly available. We hope you understand why we are removing this information.

We do want to sincerely apologize for any distrust we have caused throughout the community by taking these actions. We have already implemented new policies internally to ensure that this situation will never happen again. We hope that this sheds some light on what why this occurred and we thank you for your understanding.

User Image

PART ONE; The Beginning of 133TGATE
(start here if you're new to everything that has happened)

This thread is in reference to this thread, but DEFINITELY deserves its own topic.
TL;DR of the above thread and situation detailed below

If you read the thread that was linked in my OP, it's a link to Gash's thread trying to find out if there was an glitch with gold gens. There wasn't, because Zero came in immediately and so did the mule in question.

We learned not even a few pages in that the mule in question was the one that purchased the ticket.
[Before this image was edited to protect the user from getting a warning, it had the LicroSkein user in question as the purchaser]

[See this post here for validity of that claim.]

Additional supporting evidence from Gash's thread about the account in question:

Gash Thrashum
I don't know about you guys, but this doesn't sound like someone with 133 trillion gold.

User Image
"I don't purchase gold gens."

User Image
"I can't afford a 75b gold sink achievement."

Check out the dates, too. That's only a couple of months ago.

How the account was then able to amass 133 trillion gold for a purchase is bizarre to me. Furthermore, this same account also purchased a brand new item for 1 trillion gold just because:

There's obviously more where that came from if they can throw around their gold and play God with the MP.

If it's true that there wasn't a glitch in the gold gens, how else would a user go from being unable to afford a 75b achievement to purchasing 133 trillion + in items within the span of a couple of months? Any ideas? Their MP sales total and post history aren't showing much activity.

That this user came in here to muddy the waters almost instantly makes me wary.

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

Wow ... I am disappointed

because all the gold sink efforts (like cutting down gold-gens, flynn plunder, gold sink fundraising) all pointless

i did a gold sink giveaway for 2 months (easily over 12T sinked)... i just made a fool of myself doing so emotion_facepalm

HA!! SLAY THEM! DRAG THEM TO HELL!! HA! YASSS GAWDS !

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Jayce Reinhardt
I only half understand this post and if I am misunderstanding, please correct me.

But I personally label all my avatar art the name of the person who created it. If this has nothing to do with the topic, my mistake.

There was a former staff member called Loie I used to work with when I was a SCAS member and we Beta tested ZoMG. She made me art.

User Image

I titled it Loie so I could remember who made it if I was ever asked.

Could this be a possibility? or do you think it's too far fetched/has nothing to do with the subject?

User Image

This has nothing to do with the subject.
The links are showing you that they are linked from a specific person on PB. BlueAlaris is the PB username.
In the last example, when you right click the art and select to copy URL and then paste it, it's hosted on the SAME exact username as the first three images which means that it's legit.

Divine Muse

Menstrual Cramps
Jayce Reinhardt
I only half understand this post and if I am misunderstanding, please correct me.

But I personally label all my avatar art the name of the person who created it. If this has nothing to do with the topic, my mistake.

There was a former staff member called Loie I used to work with when I was a SCAS member and we Beta tested ZoMG. She made me art.

I titled it Loie so I could remember who made it if I was ever asked.

Could this be a possibility? or do you think it's too far fetched/has nothing to do with the subject?

User Image

This has nothing to do with the subject.
The links are showing you that they are linked from a specific person on PB. BlueAlaris is the PB username.
In the last example, when you right click the art and select to copy URL and then paste it, it's hosted on the SAME exact username as the first three images which means that it's legit.

Ok, so it's not just someone naming avi art after the artist. Sorry, I'm going to re-read this again and try to understand it better. I'm sure if that link to what inspired this was still active it would make more sense.
User Image

I knew something was fishy from the start, but i decided to wait behind the scenes and see how this played out.

You would have thought that bluealaris would cover their tracks a lot better.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
BNe careful with name dropping, OP. It can get you in trouble.

Divine Muse

Ok, I had to log off to see the thread.

Wow. . . .just wow.

Why would a staff member need to buy a gold rainbow ticket for that huge price?

Special Snowflake

So, wait... You're saying that the staff purposely bought a ticket to remove it from the system, or that they're purposely introducing a large amount of generated gold (to depreciate gold)?

Is it still not possible for a staff member to be an avid part of Gaia as a user, not as a staff member? Just wondering, I'm a little confused about the topic.

edit: It's just that all the avatar's look like they're composed of higher tier gold value items, so that they have a lot of gold may not be that suss.... I don't know! Don't eat me!

Invisible Junior

i hope this gets explained soon, i've been looking for threads with info on the spike since it happened,
i'm glad to have followed it. but damn.

it's just horrible.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Sand Dancer Shaka
So, wait... You're saying that the staff purposely bought a ticket to remove it from the system, or that they're purposely introducing a large amount of generated gold (to depreciate gold)?

Is it still not possible for a staff member to be an avid part of Gaia as a user, not as a staff member? Just wondering, I'm a little confused about the topic.

edit: It's just that all the avatar's look like they're composed of higher tier gold value items, so that they have a lot of gold may not be that suss.... I don't know! Don't eat me!

User Image

I'm saying that staff purchased the ticket to remove it from the system. What other reason would there be?
The user that was taking offers on the ticket only got offers of about 3-4 halos worth. This user just had 133 trillion gold dropped in to their lap which is equivalent to 66 halos. All that time and effort to REMOVE gold from the system (as 133 trillion is equivalent to 2-3 gold sinks) is now in the hands of only 1 user on Gaia.

How did Artists get this gold? You can't surely tell me they received it from commissions on the site.. or from exchanging? Look at the artist's marketplaces.

Gold Grants. There can only be one option. Admin gold grants. This is why the gold is deemed legitimate.

Evolved Hunter

Sand Dancer Shaka

Staff members do have regular user accounts to avoid being harangued as they enjoy the site. I think it's kind of disingenuous to use it as a sort of sockpuppet saying nothing is wrong, though. Not that you said it was right or anything. >>;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff