Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jaz Neko
t h r ii l l e r
Jaz Neko

Basically.
Makes me a bit sad though, I really had hoped that someone did still care. </3
Is there a phone number we can call and physically talk to someone?

Doubtful.
I wonder if any of the admins have red what I wrote them.
Maybe I'll pm it to one of them

Wheezing Fatcat

OHHHH I HAVE A QUESTION HAVE A QUESTION classified_fu
Is there any chance that you guys can/are going to make a spin-off EI/REI/CI of the Fallen Wish, or at least
I love it so much and need more of it. crying

Beloved Mage

14,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Invisibility 100

Before you close... Why did everyone have to upgrade to new background. I personall yprefer original because my screen is too small with new one. -And makes me screen scroll- BRING THE OLD version back please!

Invisible Phantom

codemonkey37179
mamarita
Narumi Misuhara
frozen_water
Hey guys, me again~

Some concerning images surfaced yesterday, and I was hoping to get some staff feedback on the matter.

User ImageUser Image

Apparently the images show Gaia Interactive's COO Jason Lioa giving a presentation for "Manos Accelerator" where he discussed the implementation of "Gamification". The second image even has our very own Flynn used as an example.

The implications of these images are deeply troubling to myself. I am aware that "Gamification" is common business practice and it's not inherently insidious. However, The idea that business tactics involving manipulation and addiction are being used as a business model for site targeted at users as young as 13 is disturbing. Common business practice or not, I've come to expect a lot more moral integrity from this site.

In addition, while I understand the... "interesting" bulletin notes may have been intended as a joke, I do not find them to be humorous or acceptable. The users have already began to feel the deep impacts of these "strategies" and the idea that shamelessly manipulating the marketplace and community that has been built up over years just to turn a quick profit is somehow appropriate material for a joke is appalling.

Your users aren't a joke, they aren't cash cows, they're human beings. The site I came to love since joining in '03 was centered on the community, and it's become blatantly obvious that Gaia's recent actions have not had the best interests of the community at heart.

My questions now are:

- To what extent does the COO's vision reflect that of the general staff?
- Is there any real hope of returning more to a community focused site rather than just a revenue source for Gaia interactive?
- Can you ease up on all the controversial descisions?

NOTE: This was not a presentation given to Gaia staff or the Gaia interactive company as clarified by Uncle Kenny in this thread.

Hi frozen_water, I can definitely understand your concerns, however it's important to understand that those images are out of context. They had nothing to do with Gaia.

Regarding managements vision of Gaia, yes, we all want to see Gaia do well and thrive. Gaia has an amazing community and none of us want to see that go away. Not sure why the idea is going around that we don't care about the community. We continue to have mini-events, we've recently had amazing gold only item recolors and we have tons of free contests going on all the time.

I wouldn't expect things like the rates of sales to decrease, but we can definitely find more useful and less intrusive ways to message these things and that is currently something we are working on.
Not give to or about Gaia- but shows what we have to look forward to and it's just more of the same- We are going to become a PAY TO PLAY SITE, RIGHT? Jack Schofield and Company come in, make as much money as they can off a company and then sell it to the highest bidder. And why doesn't Jack Schofield ever address our concerns. He usually keeps a company 1-3 years before it's gone .. How much longer do we have here on Gaia?

Who is Jack?

Gonna assume that mamarita meant Gary, not Jack, because that's the only thing that makes sense.

Blessed Pumpkin

Kiro_Shinigami
PlumaDeTerror
Kiro_Shinigami
PlumaDeTerror
welcome to ata where people come to get laid
emo No one wants me...

im sure youll find someone *glomps*
whom would want an old queer? T^T....Find me some young hot mancandy <3

if i was a queer i would want you *hugs*

Smoker

MESSl
Murdoc Betelgeuse
MESSl
Murdoc Betelgeuse
MESSl
Murdoc Betelgeuse
sup

LEAVE

COOL YOUR JETS

User Image

looooooooooooooooooooooool
what up man
look at those mini's damn

Not much, trying to find some socks.
Thanks man.
Looking for ports now.
I need some art too. Pm me if you want to go halfs on sick couple punk art.

What have you been up to?

any luck with seller's?
close to afford nm mini's until this retarded inflation. ********.
500m for nm mini's? nty lol rather spend that on some art.
and yea' i'd be down for that! definitely.

Mysterious Trickster

Princess Angelishia
Kain-Senpai
Princess Angelishia
Denham
        I know we aren't getting bundles in the foreseeable future, but would it be feasible to release new items in the CS that a) aren't recolors and b) don't cost $15+?
        OR, would it be possible to have more than one GS update a month (similar to last month but more substantial)? Preferably one near the beginning and one at the end of the month?

Hey there! Just wanted to mention that we do regularly release REIs / EIs in the Cash Shop that are generally 499 - 999 GC!

Yea, but that's not what she asked. :
You have to understand at the amount of "sales" the users have been receiving at prices that just don't seem feasible.

Runcible Spoon 3rd Gen. at 999 gc? Really? That's a SALE?!?! That's a RIP OFF!

When are BRAND NEW ITEMS going to be released in the Cash Shop that AREN'T RIGS, REIS, MCS, RECOLORS, OR RELEASES OF ITEMS FROM THE PAST THAT AREN'T OVER $30.00 (3000 GC)?

If you can't answer that, don't answer at all. It would be patronizing and insult the userbase who are already frustrated with the "sales" your site has.

A REAL sale is finding something FAR LESS EXPENSIVE THAN IT WAS ORIGINALLY PRICED.

I'm very sorry you're upset.

There are some re-releases of past items in the shop for cheaper. For instance, Wisteria today at 499 GC.

It's not my intention to be patronizing, only to speak to what I know and provide the best information I have.

As for a brand new item going into the Cash Shop for a low price, I counted REIs in that category because they honestly are brand new items released in the cash shop for a low price. The only difference is that they evolve into their final form over a little bit of time. This is something a lot of people enjoy watching unfold, but honestly isn't that different from releasing an item that contains all of its poses immediately.

To your point about sales: some of our sales are this way. However, a lot of the time the 'sale' is that we are bringing back an item that is usually unavailable to purchase.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

You'd probably be upset when what is considered a "sale" is thrown in your face all the time, especially of items that are far too expensive for their original cost. You'd get more users to purchase those items at an equal or lower price, than jacking it up. Have you heard of the story of what GameStop did for Xenoblade Chronicles and Metriod Prime Trilogy? They re-released both games for an $80 dollar value, used. That upset many of the gaming community. Eventually, GameStop lowered the prices of those games, and they are still expensive. Point is: releasing something too expensive is going to do the exact opposite of the intended point.

Users expect REIs. It's not really a new concept (speaking of which, no Halloween REOI? ). A new item that doesn't cost so much would win some users over and give praise and purchase the item. Again, you're going to attract more at a lower cost than a higher cost.

I guess it answers some questions, but the overall abuse the Cash Shop has is... terrible. Flynn's Booty (thank goodness Flynn's Chest hasn't been re-released) is toxic to the economy. Eventually, users are just going to stop purchasing cash all together if it means their gold investments are going to be re-released and eventually worthless.

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Impulsive Button Pusher
That would be the best xD.

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
vV Edward Elric Vv
Eviesee645
What does the fox say?

OMG has anybody watch Dora The Explorer? He Says Awww Maaan!

Swiper no swiping!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Myrielle
Just dropped by to say, "Hi."

Heya Myrielle! Glad you dropped by 3nodding

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This post is next to lanzers closing post ninja ...maybe

Fluff Bunny

21,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
whalewatcher
Zanethemayor
whalewatcher
Zanethemayor
whalewatcher
of course it makes life worth living

Indeed, ATA is closing in a few minutes. neutral
yup, another day of gaia ignoring me lol

Sad isn't it?
yup, they should try answering some of the serious questions (i wouldn't mind being ignored as long as this happens) instead of the ones asking how their day went and if they like this certain item or whatever

(I asked how there day went lol) Yeah I know I wish they would make those questions there first priority

Shy Genius

16,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • PvP 200
  • Dressed Up 200
this ata was depressing

Scurvy Pirate

Daariv
Uncle Kenny

A few questions.

What will happen to Zomg?

Did JK get fired?

Is towns 1 being removed?

Why is Flynn's butt still sticking around!

We have no plans to change anything with zOMG currently. I don't really know anything about JK's departure. The current plan is to remove Towns 1 once we get Towns 2 to a point we like.

Lucky Flip-Flopper

Don't have it yet but is it easy to call billing to ask them to turn off auto cash ( for if i can't Long in )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff