Welcome to Gaia! ::

τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

"You are welcome here..."

𝔚єℓcσмє

A long traveled path, where does it lead…? Where does it lead…? A looming building in the middle of where the many paths cross. You step toward the building, finding the path smoothly paved with glossy rocks. Continuing on, you approach two large double-doors that open as though newly oiled.

Inside, the entire entrance hall is lushly decorated. Clearly the owner has a fondness for fineries. A warmly smiling clerk greets you at the front desk.

“Welcome to the Nebel Inn, how may I help you?”

OOC Thread
Profile Thread

Current Conditions at the Inn:

Season- Spring
Weather- Cloudy, light rain.
Time of Day: Noon

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

ℜυℓєs {𝔒𝔒ℭ}

✗ Gaia TOS, follow it.

✗ I am God of this thread, and therefore what I say goes. That being said, my Moderators (All Hope Is Not Lost and jj1027) are also gods of this thread. THEIR words are just as strong, do NOT sass or backtalk them… it won’t end well.

✗ Literacy is loved, you don’t have to write seven paragraphs to describe how someone buttered their toast, but if someone gives you three paragraphs, don’t give them half a sentence? It’s rude and is sort of flippant on the effort they put into the post. Keep in mind that use of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation is expected and appreciated. (I'm not going to bite your head off for a typo or two, but if there's a repeat of something wrong, I'll likely correct you, nicely, of course. That being said, if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know? I appreciate it.)

✗ On that note, prettied-up posts are not necessary, but they are ALSO loved~ (Don’t know why, I just like them~)

✗ Shouldn’t have to be said, but things like Godmoding, PowerPlaying, and MetaPlaying are really not appreciated. If I catch you doing them, then I will warn you, and then likely kick you out.

✗ Please follow basic RP etiquette? If you don’t know any, then look up some guides?

✗ This IS a Multifandom AND OC RP. What that means is you can have the Joker (Batman) interacting with Sora (Kingdom Hearts) while simultaneously being annoyed by Serenity Moonflower (some random Mary Sue OC I just made up.) When it comes to characters, anything goes. And yes, there CAN be doubles, so don’t get your panties in a wad if there are two Miles Edgeworths (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) while you happen to be playing him as well.

✗ There is a Profile Thread for those who are staying for more than a couple of nights and/or wish to work here. Character Skeletons shall be found there.

✗ Please keep the drama on the low-side? I know some amount of it is needed to further an RP plot, but don’t let IC troubles leak into OOC, or vice-versa. It’s just not nice.

✗ That being said, be courteous to the other RPers, your character may be a jerk, but that does not give YOU license to be a jerk.

✗ I have recently discovered that on the times I politely decline character profiles for subpar characters, many of their RPers try to argue with me. This is giving me ridiculous amounts of gray hair, so I have put jj1027 in charge of accepting/denying profiles. (So please do not send profiles my way anymore unless you and I have already talked personally about it. Please send them by way of JJ. He has more patience than I do.) {Exception: If jj1027 is not online, then you may send profiles to me.}

✗ Plots are fun~ But plots that no one really sees coming and weren't exactly ready for aren't fun. So if you plan to change the story around a bit (adding characters that are going to drastically change things, starting a war, et cetera), please discuss them in the OOC Thread or PM a Mod? We like to know about things in advance to some degree~

ℜυℓєs {𝔗ℭ}

✗ This hotel is meant for anyone who wishes to stay for a day or eternally. However, if you give us reason to not allow you entrance, we will not allow you entrance. Please keep yourself in check and under good behavior.

✗ For those who are staying here extensively (longer than six months) are permitted to change about their rooms. Add a new paint job, carpeting, whatever you may please for while you stay here. However, do be warned that actual damage to the room or property will cost you.

✗ Harassment of my employees and those who work here will assure you a swift removal from the hotel.

✗ There is very little by way of a dress code in the hotel, however we request that you keep your clothes on when you are outside of the hot springs.

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

𝔐єєт тнє 𝔖тαғғ

Owner: Verwirrter Schwarz (Harra Arial)
Most noted as the Foggian King with one too many conquests under his belt, Verwirrter decided that the kingdom needed some time under a more responsible rule and temporarily left his duties in the hands of his trusted underlings. The Immortal decided that he needed a ‘vacation’ of sorts and set his sights to building the Nebel Inn.

Co-owner: Harra Schwarz (Harra Arial)
Verwirrter’s young “Student” and daughter-figure, Harra is usually left behind to take care of whatever Verwirrter has started when he tires of it. (Most notable examples being the Kingdom much throughout her youth and now the Nebel Inn.) She does most of the strange tasks around the hotel and spends much of her time trying to make the guests feel as much at home as she can.

Secretary/Desk Clerk: Celestial/Tala Pheradine (Harra Arial)
OPEN

The Secretary’s job is fairly simple: Take care of any paperwork and guest information. Nothing too difficult, although it involves a lot of time at a desk during crowded hours. Requires a dedicated and motivated individual to fill the role.

Concierge: Prudence Faith Evergreen (Jess369)
Sebastian Michaelis (Takashidaimao)

No task must be too daunting for a Concierge! These are the people who are in charge of satisfying the guest’s every whim (well… not every whim, but you get the picture). This requires an inventive and personable applicant.

Maid/Room Service: Maggey Byrde (R A I N B O W Y E T I)
OPEN!

All hail the awesome ladies (and some gentlemen) in the frilly black and white dresses~ Skill in cleaning is a must here, seeing as the job of a maid… well… involves a lot of cleaning. Those involved in maid-duties and room service must be skilled in keeping things clean and tidy in people’s rooms and be able and willing to work at some… odd hours. (Seriously, have you ever seen some of the room service requests and what hours they’re requested at? Yikes!)

Bellhops: Shelly de Killer/John Doe (jj1027)
OPEN!

Ah, the bellhops (USED to be called bellboys, but I suppose since ladies can take this role, that term doesn’t apply anymore.) Reliable, loyal, but you’d better be nice, because these kids can bite back! Bell-hopping usually involves taking guest’s luggage up to their rooms, and that can get heavy! Those who apply had better be able to lift about fifty pounds at least.

Security: Helfdane Sawtooth (Stryder Neversnow)
Piccolo Kataaz (Takashidaimao)

For the rare times when threat is among the hotel, the people behind the defenses come forth. Security must have skills in most fighting styles and proficiency in both hand-to-hand combat and skill with a variety of weapons. Magicians are also welcome in this field if they can hold their own.

Medic: Dr. Ludwig von Krein (All Hope Is Not Lost)
Because accidents happen. People get hurt, sometimes very badly. Someone may act up and get themselves in a sticky situation, for that, we have our Medic. Caring, gentle people are necessary for this role, and good grief know how to properly dress a wound!

Say, see any jobs that you think should be here? Drop by the OOC Thread and tell us about it!

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

𝔏αץσυт

The Nebel Inn has a lush surrounding, seeming nature of all types come together in ways they seemingly shouldn’t. Mountains bordering one side while golden fields take over another side. Waterfalls which stem from rivers then fall into ponds of their own and then trickle even further down. The Inn is surrounded by beautiful nature all around. Somehow, it doesn’t look real, or at least not natural, as if some majestic hand shaped the earth that way.

Continuing on from the nature-dominated land is a small clearing. The rocks and grass from before turns to glossy paving stones. The path continues on until you reach an imposing building. Somehow, while the building looks great in stature and powerful, something lovely lures from within. Something warm and tender, as though kindness took form and wafted through the air. The entire indoors is decorated lavishly, the owner not sparing any sort of expense for the loveliness of the architecture and the furniture within.

𝔓υвℓιc ℜσσмs

✗ Lobby
✗ Spa/Sauna
✗ Hot Springs
✗ Indoor Pool
✗ Outdoor Gardens

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

ℜσσмs

Floor 1

1. Helfdane Sawtooth (Stryder Neversnow)
4. Prudence Faith Evergreen (Jess369)
9. Toki Shippou (Beautiful in Death)
10. Celestial/Tala Pheradine (Harra Arial)

Floor 2

13. Maggey Byrde (R A I N B O W Y E T I)
17. Piccolo Kataaz (Takashidaimao)

Floor 3

21. Capricia "Cappy" Diana Civility (R A I N B O W Y E T I)
22. Laruzhius (Laruzhius)

Floor 4

Floor 5

42. Shelly de Killer/John Doe (jj1027)

Floor 6

Floor 7

65. Mad Hatter {Teenaged} (All Hope Is Not Lost)
67. {Earl} Ciel Phantomhive (Darth Infinitive)
69. Sebastian Michaelis (Takashidaimao)

Floor 8

Floor 9

Floor 10

92. Sobek Galhast (Sobek the Mythic Snake)
99. Harra Schwarz (Harra Arial)
100. Verwirrter Schwarz (Harra Arial)

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

𝔉яιєиםs αиם 𝔄ssσcιαтєs

Glow Angel {Lit Fantasy Bar/Club}

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

ℜ𝔓 𝔈тιqυєттє 𝔊υιםє

Well~ A couple of people have asked for it (seeing as I always refer to "RP Etiquette" all the flipping time), so here you are~ This is a basic guide to getting along in the RP world. Keep in mind, different RPs have different nuances of etiquette, but keeping it in with these rules/guidelines helps a lot~

And of course, anything in this guide will almost always apply to Nebel Inn and any other RP I make~

Disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, I am not writing this because I hate all other RPers, I am writing this because I have been RPing (seriously) for at least five years. I'm doing this to help people who may be newer or not as adept at this. Most of the rules are sort of unwritten and expected that everyone know them, so I'm writing them down for you all~

Disclaimer #2: I will be adding to this list a lot, feel free to share your wisdom and advice!~

✧Characters✧

Ah, the building blocks of an RP. Without characters, you don't have much to go off on. I could go for ages on how to write/play good characters, but I shan't.

✧ Avoid writing Mary Sues. An overall guide to Sues can be found here.

Likewise, a list of common traits associated with Sues can be found here

Another fun guide? Avoid Writing a Mary Sue!

(As a general rule, you'll notice I'm pretty biased with loving TV Tropes. Good site, great info for writing, RPing, and all sorts of things.)

Why should you not RP Mary Sues? Because people get annoyed at them really easily. It's a lot easier to have a fun RP without (Princess) Serenity Moonflower von Kristensine Vinyie the Third making the plot all about her and trying to make everyone "OMG LUV HER CHARACTUR!!!!ONE!!ELEVEN" Ever notice the more you try to make people love a character, the more inclined they are to hate it? ... Yeah.

✧ "Don't make your characters boring?
I can't stand rping with people with lame characters
It totally makes me not wanna rp with them." -- Beautiful in Death

Characters shouldn't be one-dimensional and blank. Seriously, make them stand as their own people, ask yourself "if this character were real, would they be plausible?" (Yes, that question even works with fantasy characters.) If your character isn't plausible as a living, breathing person, then you probably have no business RPing them.

✧ Worshipping your character or making the descriptions seem like you're worshippnig your character should be avoided. Believe me, we can tell when you adore your character.

✧Plots✧

This is what drives the RP. Without a plot, you're really just standing around talking (which surprisingly works for a lot of RPs. I've noticed "Going out to adventure" doesn't work well for stay-put businesses.)

✧ (Depending on the RP) Major plot changes and ideas for new plots should usually be discussed in an OOC Area or at the very least cleared by an Admin. Especially if the plot is going to involve the majority of the characters, or make a big impact on the setting.

✧ Likewise, share the spotlight! Don't let one character hog all the attention in the plot! Even if you made the plot, that doesn't mean that your character gets to collect all the artifacts, defeat all the enemies, and claim all the glory. It's not polite, and no one will want to RP the plot with you. Trust me.

✧Fights✧

When conflict happens, there needs to be ways to resolve it. And sometimes, this resolution involves putting fists to faces.

✧"Oh! And react to things in the RP no matter if you like it or not! Someone cannot attack you and you just ignore them..." --All Hope Is Not Lost

I've actually seen this happen in RPs before. More likely this guy was (doing a major faux pax) fighting two of his characters. My character ends up putting up a magical shield with about the strength of a few brick walls between them, and this guy just goes on fighting himself as if nothing happened. At least explain how you broke through the shield? Or even notice the shield's existance?

✧ Fights should generally go something like this:

Character A: *Launches hit*
Character B: *Retaliates (dodges, blocks, get hit), launches hit*
Character A: *Retaliates, launches hit*

And this goes on until someone is knocked out. But I generally avoid fightscenes because they're not my specialty, and I've dealt with too many people who Godmod.

✧ If you do what I do and make your characters super-powerful (as in can kill you with a touch, Grim Reaper style and stuff), do all that you can to keep them out of fights? That's just not fair.

That being said, I have a soft spot for super-powerful characters, but they almost never fight. It's not a bad formula to go with.

✧ If the setting doesn't call for it, try to avoid fighting? (Seriously, what is the point in causing war in a hotel lobby? The owner will get ticked off and likely do something drastic to get you out.)

✧ "Oh! And even though it is not wanted usually, if you die, you cannot randomly revive yourself because you are a "super-soldier" or something of that sort. *is going from real experiences* Oh! And NO MARY SUE ITEMS! You cannot have an amulet that allows you to be a freakin' god!" --All Hope Is Not Lost

Disney Deaths do not amuse the Mods, Admin, or other RPers. At all. You usually have to get a lot of clearance for bringing characters back, and there had better be a good reason for it.

✧ Unblockable attacks are a major no-no. It's ill-form, and often involves the other character doing an a**-pull or Godmod themselves to keep from getting their characters killed.

✧General RP Basics✧

Just the basics that can apply mostly anywhere~ (In other words, I can't be arsed to make new sections for all of these.)

✧ "Lets see...as far as RP itself goes, what you are doing has to be relevant to the RP! >< There cannot be a tea party going on and you randomly go all "uses pistol to shoot a bird" It may seem like common sense but you would be surprised..." --All Hope Is Not Lost

✧ "Lets see...obvious ones, no impossible feats like "dodges nuke" or something like that..." -- All Hope Is Not Lost (Can we tell that he's helped me a lot on this?)

That being said! Something like dropping nukes (and other calamities that could severely wound/kill characters) should almost always be cleared with Mods/discussed with the other RPers!

✧ Match the post-length! If someone gives you three paragraphs, give them three paragraphs! Try to match the length, I know Writer's Block strikes us all, but it's generally rude when someone gives you five paragraphs, and you only gice them half a sentence. Not. Nice

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

ℜєsєяvєם

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

ℜєsєяvєם

"... Welcome home."
τнε 𝕹𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩 𝕴𝔫𝔫

ℜєsєяvєם