1 2 3 >

In a relationship with Lukan Wolf

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Known only as The Great Desert, this vast expanse of sand in the world of Gaia, far south of Barton Town, is a danger to many travelers. Blaring sun, no shade, and lack of identifiable landmarks make few survive who are not prepared. The danger of giant scorpions, bandits, tribes of savage crustaceans, and bands of desert orcs mean even the prepared might not survive. Luckily, life is a stubborn thing. No matter what the living conditions, people will thrive.

This is what led to the town known only as the Desert Outpost. A trade town surrounded by sandstone walls and built next to an oasis, it is one of the few hints of civilization in a sprawling wasteland. Originally a simple trading post founded by the local lizardmen, and named as such, people from all over come to live and work there. There are plenty of services for travelers, as well. Notably an inn, restaurant, bar, and market. The inn, bar, and restaurant are the centers of commerce for travelers passing through the desert, known by many as Nomad’s Land, the Watering Hole, and Elga’s Cantina, respectively. The bar is bartended by a quiet golem named Barkeep.

As the Great Desert is far to the south of Barton and the fertile lands to the north, it is technically a lawless wilderness area not owned by any country. There are no laws and lawmakers from the fertile lands to the north can't chase criminals here. Many come here to avoid the strict laws and oppressive society of Barton, while others come to escape prosecution and live as criminals. There are some in the Great Desert who attempt to bring their own brand of wasteland justice, but it's up to you to punish whoever wronged you however you wish, and vice versa.

So c’mon in. Whether you came here for business or escape, just take a break from the heat of the desert and enjoy this safe haven in an expanse of hot sand. C’mon in and enjoy the Desert Outpost.

Contents
{Introduction}
{Rules}
{The Town}
{The Desert}
{NPCs}
{Factions and Wildlife}
{Local Products}
{Plot Updates}
{Memorable Quotes}
{Member Lists}
{Affiliates}

OoC Thread

User Image

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

(Important rules in bold)

Thread Conventions
* Cyberweasel89 is the gamemaster. Obey me. I am not afraid to kick anyone out with my Massive Ball and Chain of BAMDH (Bad a** Mother Dry Humper).
* Gentle warnings will be given for disruptive behavior. If behavior does not change, expect the warnings to become increasingly more stern. In other words, we follow a three-strike system.
* No double-quoting. Double-quoting can be allowed if the situation calls for it, but absolutely no triple-quoting. You’re still allowed to quote twice or more in one post if it’s two different things being quoted and responded to separately.
* If you have a beef with someone, take it to the PMs. Don’t let personal feelings affect your character, either. If the beef can’t be settled, see me about it. I can act as an impartial mediator.
* If you have any complaints, PM them to me. I’m happy to listen so long as you remain calm and respectful. Failure to do so will result in a prompt counter from me. And believe me, you don’t want to get in a flame war with me. I’ve made men cry.
* Despite the above statement, I’m quite friendly. Expect the utmost respect from me just so long as you’re not blatantly hostile. Online anonymity is no excuse for being a complete douchebag.
* No stretching the page.
* No spamming.
* No trolling.
* Gaia ToS... I have spent my time on Gaia picking it apart and finding out the specifics of its vague laws. I’ve spoken with multiple mods, most giving me mixed signals. No cameltoe was the only thing they could all agree on... without me asking. But I probably understand the complex workings of the ToS well enough to solidly tell you when something is not allowed on Gaia. So... best take my advice when I tell you in regards to that.
* Related to the above, I’m going to quote an old frienemy: While we encourage mature situations, there is a time and place for going beyond the line. This isn't it, although we do tend to put our toes on it.
* If you have any inhibitions or insecurities, PM me. You’d be surprised how good of a pep talk I can give. I’m also available if you just plain need to get something off your chest. I don’t judge, and I don’t give advice unless asked. Sometimes all you need is to tell someone what’s bothering you to feel worlds better.
* This is a walk-in RP. Just jump in whenever you want. No invites, no profiles.
* However, if you’re not sure how to go about joining or what you want to do, PM me. I can have a brainstorming session with you, telling you how best to go about your character’s introduction, or even which character(s) of yours to pick
* You are encouraged to use pictures of your character in your posts, but cool it on the decorations. I don't want my eyes to get raped by a post that's more decoration than roleplay text.
* On the opposite side of the spectrum, Posts with only RP narration/dialogue are not allowed. This means you must include some other kind of info in your post, whether it be an infobox stating location, mood, thoughts, company, what your character is wearing, etc., a picture of your character, their name and/or epithet, or even their current inventory. Just something to give us more than what your character is doing, saying, or what’s going on around them.
* Please quote every person you’re responding to. Otherwise it gets very confusing and takes longer to respond.
* Since people have complained that this front page is a lot of reading (“literary masturbation” according to one), I'll give you some cheatsheets.
-If you just want to know how to RP here, read the "Rules" post. Which you're doing now.
-If you want to know what there is for your characters to do in the town, read "The Town."
-If you plan on leaving the actual town to head into the desert, and are interested in finding out what there is to do out there, read "The Desert."
-If you plan on controlling some of the NPCs when I can't, or would like to get to know them better so as to know who would be fun to interact with, read "NPCs."
-If you want to know some of the monsters you can fight out in the desert, wild plants you can harvest for fun, or groups you can meet, read "Factions and Wildlife."
-If you want to know what some of the neat toys you can find are, read "Local Products."
* If you want your character to have a job in the Desert Outpost, just ask me and we can work it into the RP. They could join the Militia or get a part-time job working for one of the NPCs. Your call. Jobs weren't really something I thought people would be interested in when I made this RP, but if you really want one, I'm happy to oblige. I'll even mention your character on the front page.

Roleplay Guidelines
* You are expected to use proper punctuation and grammar. Chatspeak will not be tolerated.
* You are expected to use a novel format of roleplaying. That means narration with speech in quotation. Third-person is preferred, but you’re free to do what you’re comfortable with. No symbols surrounding actions or script format for speech.
* You are expected to clearly separate your out-of-character chat from your in-character roleplaying.
* Characters are expected to pay, but we don’t keep track of spending here, nor are prices explicitly stated. Just don’t try to do anything unreasonable according to your character’s invisible budget.
* Characters are free to be visitors or local citizens of the town. Hell, I’d love to see some lizardmen player characters. If we do have any, I expect them all to be male, though... human females aren’t fond of scaled reptiles, I’ve found, even if they do have huge yams.
* Include other people in your posts, especially if they introduce a new character.
* Killing can only be done with permission from the person involved. This also includes scarring, crippling, and breaking or damaging another character’s weapon or armor.
* Related to above: Remember the difference between sparring and a serious fight. You don’t try and chop off the other guy’s arm in a sparring session. You’d be surprised how many people don’t realize this.
* No randomly killing Desert Outpost civilians. Why? Not only is it a cheesy way to establish your character, the fact is that a large number of the citizens of the Desert Outpost are lizardmen. And you really, really don’t want to tangle with a lizardman. Suffice it to say they don’t go down easy, but I’ll elaborate later.
* All NPCs are free to be controlled by anyone. I made sure their personalities are easily adaptable and vague enough for freedom of error. However, I know that RPing alone is very boring. If you don’t have an NPC respond, I’ll assume you want me to take over for them, and I will. Just make sure it’s obvious you want me to do that.
* The buildings of the Desert Outpost have no doors. The doorframes are covered by curtains. So no walking through the front door of any building, okay? I don’t want another non-existent door situation like at Black Sand.
* The Desert Outpost operates on its own time. I will mention the passing of time in my posts when appropriate.
* I’ll tell you when it’s raining. Rain is a pretty unusual thing for the Desert Outpost, so I decide when it happens, and I’ll be sure to make it obvious.
* Plots will be announced beforehand, and the players even get to vote on which one we do. You can even make your own.
* Player plot event ideas must be submitted to me beforehand. While you are free to have your own little adventures, a full event must be checked with me so it doesn’t break canon. You’re free to be the gamemaster of your own plot, or you’re free to let me use your idea. With credit, of course.
* If a plot starts or the next day comes while your characters are in the middle of something, you can continue with them then catch up later. A little thing called a Pime Taradox.

Anti-Godmodding Regulations
* No autohitting. That’s obvious.
* Player Characters must follow the following Character Regulations developed Krausse Kreugar, used with permission.
-Tier 0: A regular human being.
-Tier 1: A once-in-a-generation prodigy human, i.e. Bruce Lee or Simo Hayha. Depending on the kind of weaponry and technology this character is equipped with, they can get bumped up to category 2 or even category 3 for sheer offensive capabilities. For reference, sort of like DnD level 1-5.
-Tier 2: A modestly powerful mage, a minor superhero, etc. equivalent to DnD level 6-10.
-Tier 3: Now getting into the kind of creature that can turn the tide of a battle just by appearing. Powerful wizards able to conjure up massive fireballs, monks able to bounce weapons off of their diamond hard bodies, and other fantastic beings fall into this category. DnD level 11-15.
-Tier 4: These beings are dangerous, borderline one-man armies. DnD level 16-20.
-Tier 5: Epic level. Almost gods unto their own right, the only thing that keeps these creatures from destroying cities is the other Tier 5 beings that keep their fellows in check. However, there is a limit. Attacks that can destroy buildings in one go and other such things are unacceptable.
Tier 4 and Tier 5 characters are not allowed unless they are villainous NPCs. The highest you can go for a player character is Tier 3, and I'll be watching you if you do.
* Abilities or attacks that place a “status condition” on another player’s character are allowed, but must be regulated. This includes poison, knocking someone unconscious, putting someone to sleep, paralyzing someone, reading their mind, making them feel a certain emotion, and anything that might be considering forcing a condition on another player’s character. Such abilities must follow guidelines to avoid GMing someone else’s character. This means, either the attack can be dodge or avoided, the effect can be resisted, or people can be immune to it. But that’s only against player characters. You’re free to use them however you want against NPCs.
* Your character cannot use their powers without limit. I expect it to use up some unit of energy, such as magical power, stamina, or calories. More extravagant uses of their power will use up more energy, of course.
* No mass invulnerabilities. You’re immune to any and all damage except holy artifacts? You’re immune to everything except non-magical elemental damage? That’s not allowed. You need just as many weaknesses as you have strengths. The idea is that anyone can damage you if they try hard enough. If you’re unsure, check with me. I might even be able to give you permission for mass invulnerabilities if you explain it to me.
* What you can do, however, is be immune to a specific kind of element, or a specific kind of physical damage. You could be immune to blades, but highly susceptible to blunt force. But immune to any and all physical damage is not allowed. Again, if you’re unsure, check with me. You’ll find I’m very lenient.
* Take. Bloody. F’ing. Hits. If I see a character dodging every strike, I will intervene.
* Do not defeat NPC enemies in a single blow. I will just send more after you.
* As a point of lenience, one-hit kills can be allowed if your character suffers a hit as well.
* Taking advantage of another person’s vagueness is not allowed. Similarly, you must be detailed enough that we can fully understand what your character is doing. You can’t just “attack”.
* Let me elaborate on the above: You have to say how you’re attacking, what with, and where on the body of the target. You also can’t just “dodge”. How did you dodge? A duck? A roll to the side? A sudden jerk of the body? The classic head-tilt to avoid a projectile to the head? Which direction did they dodge toward? You get the picture.

Absolute Law
* You’re a regular? You’re family. We take care of our own here.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

The Desert Outpost is surrounded by sandstone walls to keep out the harsh desert winds. It is built next to a large oasis, a fountain of life in the harsh wasteland. All the buildings are built of the same sandstone as the walls. There are no doors in the Desert Outpost. Rather, the entryways have curtains hanging in them.

The town has no gate. Rather, a stone arch in the northern wall and a self-appointed welcoming party consisting of a single lizardman greet newcomers. The outpost consists of a single wide, main street leading from the entrance to the oasis lake in the back. Most of the services are on this main street, but there are plenty of houses and other services in smaller streets branching from this main street. Some shadier businesses exist in the back alleys, including a fortuneteller.

For defense, all four corners of the town’s stone walls are built with a watchtower, stationed with the four finest sets of eyes in the Desert Outpost Militia and each equipped with a minigun turret. If they spot incoming trouble, they’ll sound the bell, and the Militia will be mobilized. There are two militia guards stationed at the entrance, just in case someone approaches alone. Additional militia guards patrol the inside of the town.

The population of the town is said to be composed of roughly 60% lizardmen, 5% humans, and 35% other races. The lizardmen founded the town and originate locally, so their majority is to be expected.

What follows are some of the local facilities of the town.

Nomad’s Land
The local inn. Run by a minotaur named Cremia, the inn is known for friendly and motherly service. The multi-story building has individual rooms for travelers, each allowing pets, but it is asked that people who are traveling together room together so as to conserve space. There are more rooms in the basement, as well.

The Watering Hole
The local tavern. This bar provides drinks to customers, allowing them to sit either at the bar or at individual tables. The bar is manned by a quiet golem known only as Barkeep. The alcohol is brewed locally by a dullahan named Bingo, who can often be found in the bar when not busy brewing.

Elga’s Cantina
The local restaurant. The chef is a middle-aged dwarf named Elga. Her teenaged lizardman daughter Milly is the waitress. The food is actually pretty good, so long as you order the right foods, and Milly is pretty cute according to the local lizardmen.

Loot Storage
The local general store. They sell, among other things, traveling supplies such as rope, bags, compasses, maps, etc. They have special stock, but it can only be accessed through a password. Mouser, the living ragdoll who runs it, seems really nervous and jittery, but he welcomes any and all customers.

Clinic
The clinic will treat wounds and illnesses. Doc, the elf doctor, is an accomplished surgeon who keeps plenty of antivenin on hand for the poisonous snakes and giant scorpions out in the desert. Best come to him for heat strokes, which are pretty common in this environment.

Robo-Mechanics
A store specializing in the maintenance of robots, androids, and cyborg limbs. The only person who works there is an unnervingly cheerful android named Robis. She fairly recently hired a human mercenary who was passing by. She gives him food, a bed, and a wage of Gold, and he protects the shop from any troublemakers.

The Smithy
The local blacksmith Muramasa is a legendary cyclops who’s made many weapons and armor with the help of her dragon Gandalfr. If your weapon or armor breaks, she will gladly fix it for a price. She can also forge customers a new weapon, but only for the price she decides, which isn’t always money. Her original weapons are said to be works of art, incomparable to weapons forged by other blacksmiths.

The Stock Pile
This store sells ammunition for projectile weapons of any kind. That includes bullets for guns, arrows for bows, bolts for crossbows, pellets for slingshots, darts for blowguns, you get the picture. It’s run by a teenaged fairy named Shane.

The Spider’s Threads
The tailor will mend your damaged clothing for you. Gilder, the arachne who runs the place, is quite a good seamstress… er, the male version of that. There's also a human girl working here that Gilder has sort of adopted.

Stylica Gothica
The barber shop and hair salon, depending on who you ask. Sergio is the gargoyle barber/hair stylist, and he’s quite good at his trade, despite not having hair himself.

Bank
The local bank is run by a leprechaun named Riley. She can loan you money, but her most useful service is to appraise and identify any treasure, relics, or artifacts you find out in the desert.

Newspaper
This office holds the Desert Times newspaper offices and printing press. Though they run a legitimate newspaper, they are actually information brokers. If you need information, come to them and speak to the ringleader at the counter, a living wood marionette named Luck. He’ll provide you with inside information in exchange for a price and some information about yourself. They have to stay in business, after all. The information is what he specifically requests. He has a habit of touching a nerve with the information he requests for payment, but every single person in the open office will ready themselves with high-powered pistols at the slightest hint of trouble. Think you can take on twenty heavily-trained former-assassins-turned-journalists at once in a small office?

Post Office
The harpy-run post office will deliver mail with the power of flight. The postmaster is an elderly harpy named Chap. He’ll be retiring soon, so he seems to have senioritis.

Militia Office
The Desert Outpost Milita protects the town as a sort of militarized law enforcement. It’s majorly composed of lizardmen, but they accept militia members of any race. Walker is the lizardman Director of the militia.

Schoolhouse
The schoolhouse is normally where the children born and raised in town go to school. But since the teacher had such an untimely death at the hands of a giant scorpion during a field trip, school’s out for all students indefinitely.

Church
This chapel is dedicated to Ewa, the Goddess of the desert and her sisters. The local holyman is a sentient suit of armor known only as Preacher. He holds Sunday morning sermons, which are quite popular among the observant folk of town.

Market
The market along the main street of town, where merchants and townsfolk set up individual stalls. You can find all kinds of things here, including groceries, bottled water, pottery, and local crafts.

Fortuneteller
The Fortunteller is located in the dim back alley. She is a centaur named Valentina, able to achieve precognition, divination, and clairvoyance with her crystal ball. She has an uncanny knack for knowing what you’ve come to see her for.

The Parlor
Hidden in the seedy back alleys of the town, the Parlor is there for all your gambling needs. Slots, roulette, blackjack, bingo, even poker tournaments. It's all run by a local group of vampires led by the vampire Mordecai. You need connections to get in, but they say Riley at the bank can help you out with that.

The Mansion
Hidden in the seedy back alleys of the town, the Mansion is there for all your sexual needs. Doms, subs, BDSM, or just a good time with a girl or guy. It's all run by a local group of succubi and incubi, led by the succubus Lilith. You need connections to get in, but they say Robis can help you out with that.

The Den
Hidden in the seedy back alleys of the town, the Den is there for all your drug and chemical needs. Cocaine, meth, heroin, marijuana, even opium. It's all run by a local group of single-celled slimes led by the slime Roland. You need connections to get in, but they say Shane at the ammo store can help you out with that.

The Pit
Hidden in the seedy back alleys of the town, the Pit is there for all your violent needs. One-on-one matches, group matches, and brawls against wild creatures. It's all run by a local group of werewolves led by the werewolf Brick. You need connections to get in, but they say Bingo at the bar can help you out with that.

Tenfingers’ Awesome Black Market
This black market in the dim back alley, specializing in illegal weapons and goods, is run by a 10-year-old human girl named Tenfingers, who claims she’s an expert and master thief. The “store” is set up outside in a back-alley lot nestled in a nook surrounded on three sides by the town wall and two buildings.

Oasis
This small lake is the source of water for the town. A naturally-occurring oasis, the town was built next to it. Specifically, the oasis is in the southeast corner of the inside wall, in the farthest left corner from the town’s entrance. To keep the water clean, the lake is branched off with walls separating four sections. The sections are dedicated to laundry, bathing, swimming, and drinking water. Drinking water is the largest section, while laundry is the smallest. Living in the Desert Outpost, you’ll soon have to get over your modesty if you want to keep clean, since the bathing section is open all throughout the day and is a mixed bath. The water is clear and cold, never seeming to run out no matter how much is drank or otherwise removed. The self-appointed “guardian of the oasis” is a 12-year-old mermaid named Fisk, usually lounging on the small island in the center of the lake.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

The Great Desert is vast and seemingly endless. But there are a few things out there to keep an eye out for.

Local Attractions

Lavos Settlement
This is the closest town to the Desert Outpost, a settlement of ranchers and farmers. Trade and caravans often occur between the two towns.

Chamomile Commons
A town of merchants fairly close to the Desert Outpost. They ensure the interests of the Gaian economy are kept sound in this part of the world, such as the Gold as the unit of currency remaining so. Most of the merchants that live there were appointed the position by major merchant guilds in Barton, Isle de Gambino, Durem, and Aekea.

Cledusville
A bit of a schlep from the Desert Outpost, but close to Chamomile Commons. Cledusville is a town of hillbillies farming and ranching, though not as successful as Lavos Settlement. The town was originally full of scholars until the people living there began to mysteriously grow dumber and dumber with each generation. Eventually the town regressed to a group of “men of the land” with bulging red necks, famed for inbreeding and banjo-playing. Everyone loves a good stereotype. Everyone there is named Cledus. Everyone. Except the leader of the town, Cledus Prince. The only buildings of note are the local tavern called “The Quasi-Dead Cow” (named for the semi-dead cow by the tree near it) and the old abandoned library. The library is really the only reason to go to this cultural cesspool. The Cledusfolk don’t go anywhere near it, so the books are still intact, despite the dust and debris.

Base Camp
A team of archaeologists have set up their camp here, digging for fossils and artifacts in the sand and investigating the various ruins. They’re a friendly bunch, led by Granny Blossom, the famed archaeology and ancient history professor from University of Gambino. She only appears to be a little girl, though...

Caravan Camp
This caravan of peaceful nomad ranchers travels the desert. The camp is rarely in the same spot you saw it last. They’re happy to provide shade, spare water, and a good meal to people they meet on their travels.

Cat’s Paw Radio
Supposedly there’s a trailer and broadcasting tower out in the desert where Katrina hosts her radio show. No one knows where it is, though. Rumors abound about how Katrina subsists without supplies. It's possible she’s set up next to a small oasis.

Construction Tower
A tower being constructed near the Crags. The operation is highly secretive, so no one knows what they're building it for. The builders just seem to be construction contractors from several firms in Aekea, but you have to wonder about the odd flashes of light occasionally seen from that part of the desert...

Derelict Oil Rig
This is the very same oil rig that Mr. Bigfish used to make his fortune years ago. After the oil ran dry, it was abandoned, and is now the territory of a tribe of Carcilurks. It’s right next to the border of the Sand Sea.

Well Bottom Maze
In order to conserve water from the oasis, the people of the Desert Outpost built a well that stands next to the town on the outside of the western wall. They didn’t find any decent source of water, but the tunnels they dug became quite elaborate in their search. People are advised not to enter. At least, not without a decent lantern, for purchase at the general store.

Abandoned Mines
These mines were long abandoned after the digging crew was slaughtered by a tribe of orcs, but the tunnels still hold precious metals, stones, and jewels. Anyone is free to do some prospecting in it. Tools to do so are available at the general store.

Dragon Graveyard
This cave under a massive dragon skeleton is said to be where dragons go to die when they sense their years are up. Many dragon bones and even complete skeletons can be found inside. There’s also a good deal of aromatic dragon dung.

Bottomless Pit
This 100-foot tall rock spire, despite its unnatural-looking form, appears to be completely natural. At the top of this spire is a hole, revealing the formation to be a tube consisting of rock walls only a few feet wide, yet indestructible. In this hole is nothing but a pitch black pit. Anything dropped in it cannot be heard hitting the bottom. It is rumored to be the pit leading to Hell. Oddly, on full moon nights, a girl’s crying is said to be heard from deep within the pit. Of course, it’s just rumors.

Last Stop Oasis
One of many oases in the Great Desert, this is just the most famous. It’s so far away from any other oasis that even if you manage to reach it, you wouldn’t have enough supplies to make it back. It’s said to have treasure stowed away by people who made it there and couldn’t come back.

Ruins

Lynna City
Once a great desert industrial city comparable to Aekea, it was abandoned and fell into ruin after the city’s water source ran completely dry.

Lost Metropolis
One of the more unusual areas of the Great Desert, these ruins were once a giant city stretching many miles across. The ornate buildings delicately carved from white marble are falling apart, but are still very beautiful. Art and architecture majors from Durem University often make trips here to study the artistic value of the buildings. So far, no trace of the civilization has been found, let alone what happened to them. It’s almost as if they just vanished one day all at once, in some cases when they were right in the middle of a daily chore. In the center of the ruined city is a tall stone spire, inscribed with a plaque on the northern side. Translated, it reads only “Walk among these works and know our greatness”. Violently scratched into the southern side of the spire, as if with a claw, are the words “monsters from the id”. The carbon dating of both the plaque and the scratched writing show they were inlaid on the spire within a year of each other, the plaque first, then the scratches, so it’s evidently not graffiti from bandits.

Oasis Ruins
These ruins were built atop a giant oasis.

Dry Dry Ruins
Ruins so dry that you’ll choke on the zero-moisture air.

Shifting Sands Ruins
The sands around these ruins are constantly shifting under one’s feet, making approach on foot difficult.

Man-Eating Ruins
No one has left these ruins upon entering. There’s rumored to be a monster inside.

Mirage Palace
This palace is surrounded by tall crags and mountains, making approach on foot impossible. Approach from the air is blocked by some sort of barrier. Mirage Palace got its name because it can be seen, but not reached.

Wet-Dry Ruins
Underground ruins where the level of water can be controlled with numerous built-in mechanisms. It’s said you need to constantly adjust the water level to reach deeper inside. An inscription at the entrance reads “The mystery of wet or dry. But where does the solution lie? The city welcomes visitors with the depth they bring as they enter.”

Swordsman’s Labyrinth
A massive stone maze. It’s said to have been built by a legendary swordsman looking to guard his treasure. The beasts inside are incredibly tough, but most are done in by the traps.

The Dunwich Manor
This mysterious building technically isn’t a ruin, since it’s more just been neglected over the years. The Dunwich Manor is a mysterious regal mansion out in the middle of the desert. No one knows who built it or who once lived in it, as there appears to be no settlements, present or former, that could have built it. Outside, the building is surprisingly intact-looking, save for some wear and tear on the wood. Inside, the building looks as if someone could easily live in it, fully furnished and merely covered in a good deal of dust. But every party who’s entered to search the Dunwich Manor has reported very strange occurrences inside the building. Notably, doors slamming open or closed all by themselves, mutilated dead bodies lying in unusual places, only to change location or disappear when the room is next visited, and unusual chanting in some unknown language, heard just under the breath of the air in the room. The basement is locked up tight, with explorers reporting an intense feeling of panic when they even went near the heavily padlocked and bolted door. People also report an unusual feeling, ranging from general unease to intense discomfort, as if something was watching them in its sleep, not aware of their presence, but aware of their existence. The building has remained untouched by bandits and other looters, who all claim the manor is “bad juju”. A resident of the Desert Outpost named Ian Moone decreed that he would spend an entire month living in the Dunwich Manor to disprove all the superstition. He hasn’t been seen since. And it’s been thirty years.

Regions

Settlement Lands
This is where the Desert Outpost and most of the other towns are located. It’s closest to the northern edge of the desert.

Sand Sea
The sands of this part of the desert have reached a liquid-like state, save for a few “islands” of regular sand. A tribe of carcilurks make their territory here, where they ride on sealurks, huge fish that swim the Sand Sea.

Cactus Forest
This part of the desert is filled with tall cacti like a forest. Care should be taken not to touch any cacti when travelling through the forest.

The Crags
This part of the desert is full of rocky formations, with very few patches of sand, making travel hazardous via ankle-breaking. The largest orc tribe in the Great Desert can be found living here, and the only one not led by an orc.

The Veil
This part of the desert is largely unexplored because of the constant sandstorms raging in the area. The sandstorms are conjured by the local tribe of meta-humans known as the Sandbenders. It’s evident they want their part of the desert to be left to them and them alone.

The Great Divide
This massive canyon has very few features of notable worth. It’s mostly barren, save for a sparse black herb that grows there. The local wildlife, the canyon crawlers, are pretty vicious and hungry, so most don't go near it despite the potential mineral wealth.

The Spine
This mountain range is what separates the Great Desert from the fertile lands to the north, just south of Barton. A mountain trail goes through them, but you need a Road Pass to go through the checkpoint. Road Passes are purchasable at the trading post at the checkpoint, but they're very expensive so as to encourage people to go through with the scheduled pilgrimage tour.

Land's End
This part of the desert is farthest south from the northern Settlement Lands. It’s a lawless zone filled with criminal organizations, secret cults, and foul beasts far tougher than those found in most of the Great Desert. Few enter, but those who do and manage to come back do so battered, bloodied, and filled with stories about seeing the "edge of the world" before they die from exhaustion, blood loss, or poison.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

The Elder
The Elder is somewhat the leader of the town. People often go to her for wisdom and advice on various town matters. She is quite an old lizardman, having been born and raised in the town. People often say she is 250 years old, very old for even a lizardman, who rarely reach over 200. She will quickly correct anyone who says this, though. She is only 249, after all.
Sex: Female
Species: Lizardman
Personality: Wise, calm

Garja
Garja is the local self-appointed welcoming party. He stands by the entrance to the town and greets people as they arrive. He also gives directions and general information if asked. His official job is renting out and selling wild burros and horses for use as pack mules and mounts on trips into the desert.
Sex: Male
Personality: Friendly, helpful

Hannibal
Hannibal is one of the two guards at the town’s entrance, stationed on the left. A practical joker with a mean streak, he’s not afraid to tease his physically stronger, but meek, partner. His preferred weapon is dual .357 magnum revolvers.
Species: Human
Personality: Wisecracker

Domino
Domino is one of the two guards at the town’s entrance, stationed on the right. A shy and timid lizardman, she has a habit of apologizing for the smallest things, including sniping someone at a distance. Despite how reserved she is, she is an accomplished sniper, wielding a sniper rifle that’s so heavy and has such strong recoil, only someone with lizardman strength could wield it. She purposely moderates her food intake so her breasts don’t make it hard to snipe.
Personality: Shy, timid, meek

Cremia
Cremia is the local owner of the inn, Nomad’s Land. A motherly minotaur in her early thirties, she often fusses over the well-being of her guests. Her resemblance to a Holstein cow-person is noted by many as quite different from the usual monstrous bull-like appearance of male minotaurs. Like a proper cow-person, she is quite... blessed. She’s also expecting her first child.
Species: Minotaur
Personality: Motherly, sweet

Barkeep
Barkeep is the local bartender. No one is sure of his real name, since he doesn’t seem to talk, so everyone just calls him Barkeep. An eight foot tall stone golem dressed in a bartender’s apron, he seems to remain completely calm and indifferent no matter what the situation. Despite his potentially monstrous strength and durability, he is a gentle giant, valuing peace. It’s notable that he seems to be fond of animals and flowers.
Sex: Male(?)
Species: Stone golem
Personality: Quiet, peaceful

Bingo
Bingo is the local brewer of alcohol, supplying her wares exclusively to the tavern. When not brewing in her wooden shack behind the bar, she can often be found in the bar itself. A tough dullahan with a characteristic rough way of speaking and potty mouth, she is notable for being attractive if you can look past the numerous burn scars on her body and her eye patch, all the result of explosions in her early brewing career. She is one of the few in town with combat potential who is not in the militia, always keeping a 9mm pistol on her at all times. When sitting down, she often sets her head atop a table, as opposed to carrying it. It seems her body and head have a degree of selective independence...
Species: Dullahan
Personality: Rough, coarse, violent

Johnny
Preferring to be called by his stage name "Johnny Gecko," Johnny is the entertainer for the Watering Hole. A lizardman in a leisure suit and pompadour wig, he aims to be the next Liberace of the keyboard, if only he had the talent. He's quite literally a lounge lizard.
Personality: Groovy, suave

Elga
Elga is the owner and chef of the local restaurant. A middle-aged dwarf woman, she has a short temper, little patience, and is easy to anger. She is often concerned that her customers are not eating enough, especially when it comes to the “toothpick-sized lasses o’ today, laddie”.
Species: Dwarf
Personality: Temperamental, cantankerous

Milly
Milly is Elga’s teenaged lizardman daughter. Adopted, obviously. Where her parents are is a bit of a mystery, not even known to her. But she loves her adoptive mother, and doesn’t really care. She works as a waitress in the restaurant, said to be quite beautiful according to the local lizardmen. The reason is obvious. What with Elga’s obsession with overfeeding, Milly’s nutrition storage sacks are very, very large. Boasted to be the largest in town by some.
Personality: Cheerful, bubbly

Mouser
Mouser is the owner of the local general store. A living ragdoll capable of voodoo powers, he seems constantly nervous, jittery, and on the lookout. Sudden movements and loud noises tend to startle him. It’s gossiped in town that he’s hiding out from some powerful criminal organization. Others think he may just be nervous about his “special stock” getting reported to the militia. The prevailing theory is that he’s an addict of some sort, but his lack of bodily systems needed to take drugs leaves that one unlikely...
Species: Living ragdoll
Personality: Nervous, jittery

Doc
Doc is the local doctor, estimated to be around three hundred or so years old. An experienced elven surgeon, he can treat anything from limb reattachments to heat stroke. Extremely good with his hands and able to diagnose seemingly any disease, the reasons he’s settled in this desert town are a mystery to many. He refuses to talk about his past or even say his real name. He’s known for his dashing appearance, but standoffish attitude. His motto is “In this clinic, we have two rules. Rule one, don’t bother me. Rule two, if you do bother me you better be damn near dead.”
Species: Elf
Personality: Cold, sarcastic, unfriendly

Robis
Robis is the owner of the local robotics workshop, Robo-Mechanics. She’s a genius when it comes to robots, androids, cyborg parts, and even general machines and technology. For a small fee, she’ll fix and maintain your robotic arm, bionic eye, or clean the sand out of your electronics for you. Though not built for combat (or anything else readily apparent), she can take a surprising amount of damage and still function. Robis is well-known around town for being unnervingly cheerful no matter the situation, even when it would be inappropriate to be so. People have likened her to a sweet aunt at times. Always seen wearing a jumpsuit covered in oil stains and a bandana wrapped over her head. Her blonde hair and large bust have led some to wonder if her original function was... nah. Couldn’t be.
Sex: Modeled after a female human, female AI
Species: Android
Personality: Unnervingly cheerful, sweet aunt

Mike
Mike was a travelling mercenary who happened to be passing through the Desert Outpost. After a traveler got violent when haggling over the price for his arm repairs, Mike stepped in and scared the guy off, so Robis hired him to protect her shop from troublemakers. He’s usually seen leaning against the wall, eyeing anyone who walks in. He seems to be a fan of weapons, especially firearms. He’ll often comment on any weapons a customer may be carrying or have built into their cyborg parts. All in all, he’s a bit irritated with Robis’s cheerfulness and experiments, which makes him act a bit crabby. He’s been around for almost a year, so it’s evident this job is a permanent one. Rumors abound that he doesn’t sleep. And despite working in a robotics store, he is 100% human. He wields an M4 assault rifle with an attached shotgun masterkey as his preferred weapon, though he has a trench knife strapped to his boot as well.
Personality: Rude, irate

Muramasa
A 20-foot tall giant cyclops, Muramasa is a legendary blacksmith, known for forging exquisite weapons and armor. For reasonable prices, she can fix and maintain your weapons and armor. She can also forge a new weapon or armor for you, but there are strings attached. At times, she will forge a new weapon for free. Other times she asks for compensation, which isn’t always money. Her mellow personality, monotone voice, and expressionless face leave many people scratching their heads. Her pet green-scaled western dragon is named Gandalfr, and he uses his fire breath to help his mistress in her smithing.
Species: Giant cyclops
Personality: Mellow, emotionless

Shane
This six-inch tall fairy runs the ammunition store. He’s known for his unusual surfer dude-like personality, complete with slang and tendency to address people with “dude” and “man”. He will often go on rants that imply he doesn’t really know all that much about firearms and projectile weapons, since he merely took over the store for his ailing father. It seems he likes to smoke ganja on his breaks, which would definitely explain a lot...
Species: Fairy
Personality: Surfer dude-esque

Gilder
This arachne, with the upper body of a human man and the lower body of a black widow spider, operates the local tailor shop. He is an expert seamster, able to mend any clothing and even sew new ensembles for customers. He is very handsome, but his sense of fashion, general flamboyancy, and sewing ability lead many to assume he prefers men. On the contrary. He is quite the Casanova, but as a black widow-type arachne, he just prefers women that ooze a murderous rage.
Species: Arachne (black widow)
Personality: Flamboyant, extravagant

Sergio
This gargoyle is the barber and hair stylist of the Desert Outpost, despite not having hair himself (he wears a pompadour wig). His head is notably bird-like. Though a bit intimidating, he is quite friendly, if not eccentric. The straight razor he uses when giving shaves is apparently called Figaro, while his favorite pair of scissors is called Maria, and he’s quite adept at using them to fight should he need to. It seems he can turn himself to stone and back at will, but is immobile while in his stone state.
Species: Gargoyle
Personality: Enthusiastic, passionate, eccentric

Riley
This leprechaun runs the local bank. A kind but mischievous sort, the loans and accounts she offers don’t mean much to travelers. Her more useful service is to appraise treasure and artifacts. Nearing the big three-oh (in leprechaun years), she’s recruiting for a husband, which often leads her to act a bit flirtatious with male clients.
Species: Leprechaun
Personality: Mischievous but friendly

Luck
Luck is an animated marionette made of wood. He can move about just fine without strings, so he is more of a wooden mannequin. As the head editor of the local newspaper, the Desert Times, he is also the ringleader of the information broking business that the newspaper acts as a front for. He is generally jolly, maintaining a mischievous smile on his face even when customers become unruly. He can trust in his staff of former trained assassins to pull their weapons the moment customers get confrontational. He has a bad, possibly intentional habit of asking for rather personal information as payment. He has no reason to worry, though. Should his staff fail him, he can manipulate people’s bodies by moving his hands as if holding a marionette’s strings. He just prefers not to resort to that.
Species: Wooden marionette
Personality: Jolly, devilish

Chap
Chap is the postmaster. An elderly harpy, he doesn’t fly anymore, mostly resigning to manning the counter while younger harpy postmen go on deliveries. He is generally subdued with a tendency to drone on. But if interrupted or otherwise having his buttons pushed, he becomes quite scary when mad.
Species: Harpy
Personality: Subdued, tolerant

Walker
Walker is the lizardman Director of the Desert Outpost Militia. He is very business-like, even when making idle conversation. He never strays far from the point. He’s usually found at his desk at the headquarters, typing and writing away. Though a bit standoffish, he is willing to deal with any visitor so long as he can continue to work at his desk while he talks. He harbors a small prejudice against humans and most other humanoids, but that doesn’t stop him from hiring them as militia members. If you fit Walker’s standards, you’re hired. He accepts any men and women capable enough for the militia.
Personality: Standoffish, business-like

Magellan
As Director Walker is merely the administrative head of the Militia, Commander Magellan is his field leader. A stern and scarred lizardman with a glass eye, Walker claims he is the finest marksman he has ever seen, equipped with a massive minigun named Annabelle that he wields by hand.
Personality: Stern, cold, distant

Preacher
Preacher is the local holyman of the church, which worships the desert goddess Ewa. A possessed suit of armor, he can function even without his head and with his armor in pieces. Despite his armor body being well-suited for combat, Preacher insists he is a non-combatant, instead spreading peace through the teachings of the goddess. Most of the citizens of the town are quite observant, attending his sermons every Sunday morning. Despite his unusual species, he is a fully-certified man of the cloth, able to perform funerals, marriages, baptisms, circumcisions, purifications, benedictions, exorcisms, and to listen to confessions. He seems to maintain a heavily formal, polite, and eloquent manner of speech no matter who he is speaking to or how rude the person is.
Species: Possessed armor
Personality: Polite, formal, eloquent

Valentina
Valentina is the local fortuneteller, operating in the dimly-lit back alleys. She is capable of clairvoyance, divination, and precognition using her crystal ball, relying on the power of the stars to speak to her. Though her readings are often spot-on, she has a tendency to be overly dramatic and theatrical, leading to a lot of shouting and over exaggeration. The ones who know of her often come to her for horoscopes, which she dislikes doing because of how boring they are.
Species: Centaur
Personality: Dramatic, theatrical

Mr. Bigfish
Howard Hugh Bigfish the Third is the richest guy in the Desert Outpost. Possibly in the entire Great Desert, what with a fortune comparable to Gambino’s. A fishman officially known as the local oil baron, he came to the Great Desert to find oil, and was the first and so far only person to actually discover a pocket of the black gold. Though the reserves ran dry over the years, the profits were enough to set Bigfish for life. He’s now incredibly fat, and proud of the affluence that allows him to eat so excessively. He spends his days in Elga’s Cantina, playing poker with anyone willing to try him. He’s a notorious poker player, actually, and will only play if there’s a personal belonging at stake, saying it makes the game “far more interesting”. It’s said the only thing he loses is his temper. Though one does not want to get on his bad side, he tends to never get mad with anyone he takes a liking to. And he tends to take a liking to people who are smooth with words and not afraid to speak with him on an even level. Act above or below him, and the deal’s off. So far, only Doc and the Elder have been able to beat him, and both won an artifact Mr. Bigfish had found back when the oil rig was in operation. He has yet to be beaten a third time.
Species: Fishman
Personality: Civil and sophisticated, but with a bad temper

Mordecai
This dashing vampire is one of the five members of Root, which lead the shady underground activities of the Desert Outpost. In charge of the gambling center known as the Parlor, his group of vampires are welcoming to all gamblers so long as they pay and don't get violent when they lose.
Species: Vampire
Personality: Sneaky, underhanded

Lilith
This beautiful succubus is one of the five members of Root, which lead the shady underground activities of the Desert Outpost. In charge of the whorehouse known as the Mansion, her group of succubi and incubi mainly run the place so they can get the sexual energies they need to survive and get paid for it.
Species: Succubus
Personality: Sensual, manipulative

Roland
This pile of green slime is one of the five members of Root, which lead the shady underground activities of the Desert Outpost. In charge of the drug house known as the Den, his group of single-celled slimes cater to anyone interested in getting high, so long as they pay.
Sex: None (identifies as male)
Species: Slime
Personality: Eager, doting

Brick
This sexy werewolf is one of the five members of Root, which lead the shady underground activities of the Desert Outpost. In charge of the fight club known as the Pit, her group of werewolves run the place with a loose grip, mostly letting whoever wants to duke it out do so with little to no rules unless they wish for such to be in place. They do, however, capture wild creatures from out in the desert for comers to go up against, for a price. Rarer and tougher creatures cost more due to how hard they are to capture.
Species: Werewolf
Personality: Boastful, shameless

Tenfingers
Tenfingers is a 10-year-old human orphan girl. She claims to be an expert thief and master criminal, though she has never been seen stealing. She can usually be found in the back alleys, operating her black market store that deals in illegal goods and services. Though seemingly mature, she is quite childish, fond of teasing her customers. No one would dare confront her. The rules of illegal trading state that you don’t piss off the merchant unless you want to completely cut off your access to their goods. She claims she got her name because... she has ten fingers.
Personality: Childish, immature, fond of teasing

Fisk
Fisk is the self-appointed “guardian of the oasis”. A 12-year-old mermaid who lives in the oasis, he seems to have it in his head that it’s his job to guard the oasis and ensure the water is not contaminated or abused. The result is that he tends to be rather rude and condescending to anyone looking to use the water for whatever reason. Where his parents are has been a source of gossip for many townsfolk, though he seems to be friends with Tenfingers, who has been known to visit the oasis to chat and play with him.
Species: Mermaid
Personality: Rude, condescending, confrontational

Non-Outpost NPCS

Captain Dolce
Captain of the Sand Pirates. Captain Dolce is a beautiful woman with a peg leg, hook hand, and eye patch. She’s a bit of a b***h, but has quite a capable crew drooling over her. She clearly has some kind of super-human strength, considering she hefts such a huge cannon around as her weapon of choice. Her first mate is a skinny man with two guns named Guitar, while her second mate is a very large, imposing man with two swords named Bass.
Personality: Bitchy, sadistic

Granny Blossom
This little girl in a kimono is apparently a professor of ancient history and archaeology at University of Gambino. She’s head of the archaeological expedition studying the fossils and artifacts of the Great Desert. She’s quite friendly, until you make her mad. She hits surprisingly hard.
Personality: Friendly, but quick to anger

Carol
Carol is the leader of the Stormchaser team riding around the desert in their van. She is 40 years old, and surprisingly calm and serene despite her occupation and the people she’s in charge of.
Personality: Calm, serene
Her team is as follows...
-Alan: Male, 27, wisecracking driver
-Robert: Male, 25, obsessive compulsive navigator
-Laurence: Male, 22, quiet photographer
-Joey: Male, 19, sarcastic wind measurement and doppler radar monitor
-Dustin: Male, 20, hyperactive supply manager
-Tim: Male, 42, mellow ex-soldier in charge of the team’s safety, Carol’s husband
-Haynes: Female, 18, Carol’s daughter, engaged to Joey, medic

Uncle Roe
This balding, middle-aged man is the unofficial mayor of Chamomile Commons. A master merchant known to some as the Shop Guru, his mercantile prowess is put to good use managing the Great Desert branch of the Gaian economy. He’s the one who organizes most of the trade caravans between the settlements and Barton to the north. He’s a jolly man, but has a tendency to passive-aggressively guilt trip people into helping him.
Personality: Jolly

Cledus Prince
The leader of Cledusville, Cledus Prince is the title given to every leader of Cledusville, since everyone is named Cledus. An expert at jug-whistling, he’s not the smartest Cledus by a long shot, having been put in charge by winning a drinking contest. The one thing in the world he values most is his pet rooster, Cledus Prince Jr.
Personality: Simple

Katrina
The host of Cat’s Paw Radio, Katrina is supposedly a catgirl living somewhere in the desert. With a husky and sultry voice, her programs are listened to by many. Despite no one having ever seen her, she picks up on and reports on all the news that happens in the Great Desert, and even sometimes brings news of what’s happening in Barton and the other towns north of the Spine.
Species: Catgirl
Personality: Seductive, flirtatious

Ian Moone
A young man who lived in the Desert Outpost. He claimed he would spend a month in the Dunwich Manor to disprove all the superstitious rumors. It’s been thirty years, and no one’s seen him.
Personality: Boastful, braggart

The Shadow Broker
According to Luck, the Shadow Broker is the title of his mysterious boss. The Desert Times is merely a branch of a larger information-dealing organization all across Gaia. Luck is reluctant to even speak of him, and all he’ll say is that he’s a boss you don’t want to upset. When prodded for more, the most the marionette will clarify is that some people enter his office and never come out.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Local Factions

Lizardmen
Lizardmen are the local sapient species. Built for combat and desert survival, they have anywhere from ten to a hundred times the physical strength of the average human. Both males and females stand at roughly seven feet tall, making them quite imposing. Combat is in their bloodline. They live twice as long as a human and age twice as slowly, but can reach the age of 150 and still be in their prime. Sharp teeth, razor claws, and scales that can resist blades and bullets make them a threat to be reckoned with. They even have secondary and tertiary, where applicable, examples of most major organs, including four lungs, two hearts, and a complete back-up of their reproductive systems. They also are impossible to paralyze due to not having a central nervous system. Rather, lizardmen possess a second circulatory system filled with a neuroconductive fluid. Though this fluid may be lost, it is replenished over time. They can even regenerate wounds, though how fast depends on the lizardman, and regrow limbs over a period of days or weeks.
Luckily, they’re on your side. This local species is completely civilized, though that doesn’t mean you won’t find a lizardman bandit roaming the dunes. They originally had their own language, a warped variation of Spanish. A fair number of the lizardmen have adopted English as a second language, but still prefer to speak their own language amongst themselves. Most lizardmen view people of other races able to speak their language as honorary brethren.
Despite being reptiles, you’ll always know a female lizardman when you see one. Though the males have incredibly muscled upper bodies, the females appear more toned that muscular. They also have recognizable hourglass figures, complete with what appear to be breasts. These “breasts” are really storage glands on their chests used to hold extra nutrients, similar to the hump of a camel. They were originally an adaptation so the female would have a backup nutrient supply while stuck at home taking care of the eggs and unable to hunt. Naturally, the more well-fed a female lizardman is, the larger her faux-bosom will be. If a well-fed female lizardman were to starve, her breasts would actually lose volume and possibly go flat. In lizardman culture, visible affluence is considered a highly attractive feminine trait, and thus large “breasts” are also valued.
With the varied population of the Desert Outpost, it’s not uncommon for lizardmen to marry other races, though they cannot have children because lizardmen lay reptilian eggs. Male lizardmen tend to take an interest in “healthier” or “larger” females (read: fat), in keeping with their preference for affluence. Female lizardmen tend to value muscled bodies when it comes to selecting non-lizardman mates. “You’re too skinny” is a common rejection heard from either sex of lizardman.

Orcs
The orcs are one of the common threats you’ll find out in the desert. Tribal warriors of the desert known for their violent and aggressive nature, the second-class females farm and raise livestock, while the ruling males hunt and sometimes stage raids on the civilized towns of the desert. Pig-like and physically strong, they are luckily not very bright. Males are very aggressive and dominant, while female orcs are much more demure and submissive.
Orc society is built around a pack mentality. A group of orcs will not cooperate until a single leader has attained dominance through brute force. Once the leader is established, the defeated orcs do not hold a grudge and former rivals serve their new superior loyally.
When the Desert Outpost was first established, a small team of diplomats made contact with the orcs and attempted to establish relations. Unfortunately, the orcs perceived the diplomats’ attitudes and behavior as equal individuals instead of subordinates as a sign of contempt, and attacked and massacred the entire group. Nearly everyone in the Desert Outpost and other settlements agreed that the orcs’ aggression and obsession with control make them poorly suited to integrate with the civilized community.
Individual orc tribes rarely exceed fifty members, tending to remain small and close-knit. The leader is whoever can achieve dominance through brute force or social maneuvering, though only males are eligible for the tribal leader position. A loophole in the orc laws means even non-orcs can become tribe leaders so long as they can achieve this same dominance, in which case all the orcs will hold no grudge and serve their non-orc superior loyally. Typically, this dominance is achieved by challenging and beating the current tribe leader in a one-on-one fight with no weapons, no armor, and no magic, special abilities, or powers.
The orc leader always wears a necklace with a small skull as the centerpiece, though the species of skull and additional decorations vary with each tribe. As they are fairly primitive, orcs tend to not have a good grasp of proper grammar.

Carcilurks
Carcilurks are sentient creatures that evolved from crustaceans, suggesting the desert was at one point an ocean in the distant past. About the size of human children, they cover their hideous bodies with drab cloaks. While not very big, they are quite agile, making hitting one hard. Their spiny exoskeleton also offers some protection against physical attackers. They usually wield swords (typically of the scimitar variety, usually dual-wielded) and bows, using surprisingly long arms with several joints, complete with five pointed fingers and opposable thumbs. They secretly hide a second pair of arms beneath their cloaks, which can surprise the casual fighter. Their legs are like blades, providing excellent traction on the desert sand.
These creatures tend to live in very large tribes consisting of hundreds of members, centering around a queen who leads the tribe of males. As haplo-diploid egg-layers, unfertilized carcilurk eggs hatch males, while fertilized carcilurk eggs hatch females. Though perfectly intelligent, the males speak in ultrasound, and their savage ways and territorial nature have left them incapable of adjusting to human society. They attack any who enter their territory, able to hide and pop out of the sand for surprise attacks. But what is most frightening about these creatures is, though they have a short lifespan of thirty years, they are a species that does not sleep.
Carcilurk queens lay egg clutches that are closely guarded in their lairs by the fiercest warriors in the tribe. Very few have seen these egg clutches and lived to tell the tale. Only the queen, as the only female in the tribe, can lay egg clutches, which hatch males within a few weeks. When the queen’s time is at an end, the new queen’s egg is fertilized by the strongest warrior in the tribe.
The ones who live in the Sand Sea have been known to ride tamed sand fish in order to traverse the liquefied sand. Usually two ride on one fish.

Sandbenders
Sandbenders are a local tribe of meta-humans. They resided in the desert long before the Desert Outpost was established, though they remained separated from the lizardmen all that time. Sandbenders are mutant humans capable of telekinetically manipulating sand. They establish villages and summon sandstorms to hide them, rarely seen outside these sandstorm areas, though they sometimes go to the Desert Outpost to trade. They traverse the desert using wooden gliders that they move through manipulating sand beneath it and into the sails. Though not every Sandbender is capable of manipulating sand, the ones that can tend to vary in terms of skill and natural ability. Most are capable of drawing up sandstorms and dust clouds, raising sand as shields, and forming sand into blunt weapons. Most capable Sandbender warriors can dry up whatever they touch with their bare hands, allowing them to turn wood and stone to dust and even dry up all the moisture in your body. The ones with most skill are able to compress sand into a form as hard as steel, though there are only a few born every generation capable of this. The strongest fabled Sandbender warriors can actually turn into sand themselves, but one such Sandbender is only born once every thousand years.
Though peaceful, the Sandbenders are elusive, so not much is known about their culture. The ones that come to the Desert Outpost to trade never say more than one or two words at a time, usually only to conduct business or ask how much something is. They seem to communicate with each other via hand signals and subtle gestures while in the Desert Outpost, almost as if they want to reveal as little about themselves as possible. When speaking to merchants, they seem to have a hint of an Arabian accent, though the accent is hard to place given how little they say.
A Sandbender is covered head-to-toe in tight-wrapped drab cloth, with their heads wrapped similar to a turban. They wear goggles to protect their eyes from their own sand. Apart from the parts of their face the goggles are worn over and the fingers of their hands, every part of their body is covered to keep out airborne grains of sand. Their clothing is almost uniform in appearance. They are a very mysterious tribe, not on anyone’s side, but preferring to be left alone and out of sight. The regions of the desert covered in their homegrown sandstorms remain largely unexplored.

Sand Pirates
Using a special ship that can sail the sands, the sand pirate crew led by Captain Dolce can sometimes be seen sailing the desert, in search of treasure. They are usually friendly, but it takes a lot to earn their complete trust.

Desert Bandit Guild (DBG)
The DBG is the local faction of desert bandits. They stay away from the towns, instead congregating in secret tombs and other underground chambers. They prey on travelers, sometimes by ambush, sometimes by trickery. They differ from the Thuggee in that they work alone and are far less efficient.
A member of the DBG identifies themselves with a cloud-shaped pendant made from clay. Every DBG bandit makes their pendant themselves, so the subtleties of each one’s handiwork give a trained DBG identifier all they need to confirm someone’s membership. The pendants are usually hidden somewhere on their person, as opposed to worn. Called “Cumulus Pendants” by most non-DBG people who loot them from a bandit’s corpse, they are useful for status bragging, but also fetch a good price when sold to the right person, especially if they show signs of extended wear and tear.

Thuggee
The Thuggee are a much bigger threat than the DBG, but luckily more rare. They are a secret cult of desert thugs, who prey on groups of travelers and steal their food and supplies in carefully formulated and planned raids, using a combination of trickery and ambush. A Thuggee operation usually consists of a group finding a caravan and slipping into it as either temporary tagalongs, or pretending to be actual members in larger caravans. When the caravan is at its most vulnerable, the secret operatives give the signal, and the rest of the Thuggee ambush. A Thuggee ambush is a planned operation with all members working in tandem effort. They make sure that their victims are completely defenseless for the raid. When the goods are pilfered and every caravan member brutally murdered, they bury the bodies right there, leaving no trace whatsoever of their actions. To most desert towns, it appears the caravan just vanished out in the desert. The DBG are amateurs compared to them.
Thuggee prefer to kill in these operations via strangulation, using pale yellow cloths they tie around their heads called garotte.
For information on Thuggee, see here.

Nomads
Peaceful ranchers who travel the desert. They’ll usually share their food with travelers or offer them a place to rest. Their frequent wanderings mean they rarely get hit by bandits.

Archaeologists
One of the more unusual factions, a large team of archaeologists is residing in the desert, researching the ruins and fossils. Most are concentrated at their Base Camp, where they have several tents set up.

Storm Chasers
The most atypical faction, this small team of human meteorologists travels the desert in their van, studying the weather and sandstorms. They occasionally stop by the Desert Outpost for supplies. The team is rather eccentric and rowdy, but their leader, a calm woman named Carol, usually keeps them in line when in the Desert Outpost.

Cat’s Paw Radio
There aren’t any TVs in the Desert Outpost. Signals from Barton to the north don’t reach past the Spine. That goes for radio signals too. Luckily, Cat’s Paw Radio makes the Great Desert seem a little less remote, with the sultry catgirl host Katrina reporting on all the latest news and gossip in the Great Desert, as well as playing a great collection of music.

Root
Root is a group that controls the shady underground activities within the back alleys of the Desert Outpost. Mordecai and his vampires run the casino, Lilith and her succubi and incubi run the brothel, Roland and his slimes run the drug den, Brick and her werewolves run the fight club, and Tenfingers runs the black market, dealing in whatever the other four don't, like weapons, artifacts, and souls. Technically, they aren't doing anything illegal, since the Great Desert is a lawless region. But what they're doing is immoral according to the Militia, so they have safeguards in place to prevent the Militia from finding out where their businesses are located. Their name is a bit of an unusual story. Most members of the groups who make up Root claim they got their name because their "attractions" are what really support the Desert Outpost, like the roots of a tree. Walker and most of the Militia claim it's because they're "the root of the Desert Outpost's evil."

Native Fauna

Bighorners
A variation of the bighorn sheep, both male, female, and child Bighorners have horns. Females tend to live in herds, while male rams tend to live alone. Males will freely attack travelers if their territory is threatened, and are quite strong. No one’s quite sure what sets them off, but getting rammed by one is said to feel like getting run over by a tank. Though capable of being raised as livestock, they aren’t good for much aside from milk, meat, and hide. You can’t put a pack on them. They just lie down until you take it off.

King Robcats
A very dangerous desert cat, this lion-sized beast will attack any traveler that threatens her young. Males are more elusive. Though dangerous, they make excellent companions and protection when tamed, particularly if they have taken a liking to their chosen master. The full-grown ones can even be used as a speedy form of transportation.

Smoke Fox
This variety of the gray fox is noteworthy for the male and female raising their children together. They are mostly harmless. In fact, they make good pets.

John Rabbit
This monstrous off-shoot of the hare it’s named after is determinedly carnivorous, able to bite limbs off with its sharp incisors. They are completely impossible to tame. Their meat tastes horrible (in fact, it squirms about in your stomach) and their fur is no good for clothing, so they are considered dangerous threats to travelers with no penalty for slaughtering.

Wild Burro
Despite the name, a truly wild wild burro is hard to find. Most of them have been domesticated by the nomads and natives of the desert. They make perfect pack mules, as they can easily carry many more things on their back than you would expect due to hundreds of years of adaptive domestication. These creatures have the peculiar ability to emit a natural pheromone that leaves them almost invisible to the senses of predatory animals, so you are free to leave them outside any cave or ruin you enter. They are free to rent or purchase at the Desert Outpost.

Prairie Dogbombers
This off-shoot of the relatively harmless normal variety has a curious evolutionary adaptation. Small and with quick breeding rates, they have the ability to charge in and explode in self-destructive suicide. Beware them!

Barn Owls
This desert bird is relatively rare to see due to mainly sticking to its burrows. It’s harmless. The orc tribes fear them, believing them to be harbingers of death. Many an orc attack has resulted in retreat because a barn owl scared them off. They become violent if taming is attempted, so domestication has not been possible yet.

Armored Dillo
This massive variation of the armadillo is able to curl up and roll around as a nigh-invincible armored ball. Though their size varies according to age, most are about the size of an Indiana Jones boulder when rolled up.

Sniper Porcupines
These little porcupines are able to shoot their quills out as projectiles. Each quill is laced with a naturally-produced chemical that leaves the victim’s body numb. As herbivores, this method of paralyzing enemies is purely defensive, though a paralyzed victim may fall prey to other predators. The effect wears off within an hour.

Desert Ickquana
This variation of the desert iguana produces an insanely rank smell as a defense mechanism. Hence the name. You’ll likely smell one before you see one.

Gecko
Geckoes are large lizards that inhabit the desert, though their size varies according to how old there are. Unlike Ickquanas, they are quite dangerous, and will charge you on their hind legs upon seeing you. They come in four varieties:
-Gecko: The smaller, gray variety is the standard and most common kind.
-Fire Gecko: These geckos breath fire using a flammable liquid in their venom sack. They have dark red scales.
-Golden Gecko: With golden scales and significantly larger than the other types of geckos, the golden gecko is capable of spewing acid from its venom sack in its mouth.
-Green Gecko: Noted for their bright green scales, Green Geckos are capable of spewing poisonous venom from their mouths. They are actually the only gecko species that’s truly poisonous, since the golden gecko’s acid is just corrosive, not poisonous.
Though dangerous, gecko hides fetch quite a high price and are useful in making leather armors. In fact, fire gecko hide clothing is fire-proof, golden gecko hide is acid-proof, and green gecko hide armor acts as an instant poison nullifier.

Kangaroo Rat
This insanely cute creature uses its cuteness as a defense mechanism. They are totally unafraid of people, since no creature, sentient or beastly, will attack it because of its sheer cuteness. Essentially housecat-sized versions of the actual kangaroo rat, they are rodents that hop about, which lead to the kangaroo part of its name. They are usually kept as pets by the people of the Desert Outpost.

Roaddasher
This ostrich-like variation of the roadrunner runs instead of flying like most birds. It can run very fast, leading to an attempt at domestication for transportation. Unfortunately, the roaddashers were too wild to be tamed. Almost as revenge for the attempt at domestication, they will dash past travelers at high speeds to annoy them, though they rarely ever attack.

Maracasnake
This is the rattlesnake we know of, but maracasnakes can grow much larger depending on their age. The oldest can reach the height of humans when coiled up. They’re poisonous, but an antidote is kept on hand at the Desert Outpost’s clinic.

Topwinder
The topwinder is a very peaceful snake. Unlike most snakes, it is an herbivorous reptile that gives birth to live young. It is not poisonous and never attacks people.

Gila Demon
The gila demon is a dragon-sized, heavily poisonous variation of the standard gila monster. Strong and with protective scales, this beast’s claws, teeth, tongue, and mouth are dripping with deadly poison. There is no antidote for gila demon poison. Only powerful purification spells from a certified holyman can cure their venom, hence the “demon” in their name. Luckily, they are quite rare, so you likely won’t run into one.

Giant Scorpion
The Giant Scorpion is a massive scorpion, though its size tends to vary wildly. They are as dangerous as a regular scorpion, with the added danger of its size. It’s said no one survives a direct encounter with the rare mutation of the giant albino scorpion.

Coyote
Surprisingly, these coyotes are mostly unaltered from the ones you’re used to. Essentially desert wolves, these coyotes have only been made tougher, stronger, and more ferocious from the harsh environment and dangerous predators. Though theoretically capable of being tamed, this is rather hard because coyotes travel in very large packs, sometimes reaching one hundred members. Both males and females hunt, with the elderly coyotes being assigned to take care of the pups. The alpha coyote is whoever is strongest in the pack, be they male or female.

Desert Tortoise
Slow and with a hard shell, desert tortoises live for hundreds of years, and are quite physically strong, able to lift boulders and toss them aside with their necks. They are very peaceful, and often make good pets for hyperactive children.

Turkey Vulture
The standard vulture that we’re all familiar with. Ya know, the kind that are often depicted circling above people travelling in the desert. Heavily misunderstood, these animals are quite beneficial. They eat dead carcasses, able to digest deadly diseases in their stomachs. Some can even be domesticated by desert dwellers, akin to the common pet hawk or falcon. Since vultures are hard to tame and are only loyal to the one who tamed them, they can be a status symbol among desert dwellers.

Camel
I’ll say it now: There are no camels in this desert. Most desert dwellers have to rely on other means of transportation.

Horse
Though there aren't any camels, there are plenty of horses roaming the dunes of the Great Desert. They've been domesticated to the point where it's encoded in their genes. You can find any horse roaming the desert and make it your own to ride with little issue, then call it at any time with a whistle or song. Or, if you'd rather have one right away, you can rent or purchase one at the Desert Outpost. Garja rents or sells them along with wild burro. But if you prove one of his horses likes you, he'll give it to you for free. He's an odd one, Garja.

Sandworm
By far the largest threat in the desert. And by “largest”, I mean in terms of size. The adults are large enough to swallow a small desert town whole. Luckily they stay away from the densely populated Desert Outpost. You’ll rarely see one, since they tend to stay underground. But the babies often come to the surface for whatever reason, most of which are about the size of a horse. It is a lizardman’s rite of passage into adulthood to hunt a baby sandworm and bring back its corpse. Several of the other citizens of the Desert Outpost have joined in this tradition out of respect for the lizardmen.

Canyon Crawler
Somewhat like a spider with an alligator’s head, the canyon crawlers are big enough for two people to ride on, and are always hungry, since the black herbs of the canyon aren’t very satisfying. They can freely scale walls and jump great heights and distances, but for some reason never leave the Great Divide. If you plan to mine for minerals, it’s advised not to take any food with you into the Great Divide, as it’ll attract the hungry beasts. Also, wear something to mask your smell, or else they might come after you for fresh meat.

Sealurk
These large fish are big enough to ride on. They’re only found in the Sand Sea, where they’re commonly used as mounts for the local carcilurks.

Bots
Lynna City used to build a lot of bots to help in their industries. After the city’s abandonment, the bots went off to roam the desert, unchecked and usually glitchy enough to attack anyone they see.

Ghost People
Ghost People are what residents of the Desert Outpost speak of when they talk about the “fiercer beasts than the rest of the Great Desert” at Land’s End. The less you know about them, the better. At least, for now.

Native Flora

Barrel Cacti
These short, round cacti are named for their shape. You can pick barrel cactus fruit from them, which offer great hydration, but can weaken you if eaten raw.

Prickly Pear Cacti
These cacti have long-reaching arms, each bearing prickly pear fruits. Prickly bear fruits also offer great hydration in an emergency.

Banana Yucca Plants
These plants somewhat resemble an upside down bushel of bananas, leading to their name. The fruits of this plant are a favorite of bighorners, so they can often be found grazing near them.

Desert Agave Plants
These plants appear to be short, bladed weeds, but the fruits they bare are perfect for making alcohol.

Honey Mesquite Trees
These short, willow-like trees bare honey mesquite pods, which vaguely resemble long, thin, stringy pea pods. They’re often grown at Lavos Settlement and the Desert Outpost, but can be found out in the desert as well.

Pinto Bean Plants
These short, sparse bushes bear pinto bean pods, much like pea pods, but shorter and thicker than honey mesquite pods.

Buffalo Gourd Plants
These plants resemble vines that spread outward from a single point on the ground. The seeds are good for eating, and are so common they’re a staple food of the Great Desert.

Maize Stalks
This vegetable is commonly grown at the farms of Lavos Settlement and the Desert Outpost.

Jalapeno Pepper Plants
These short, leafy bushes are the main export of the Great Desert, as they bare the hot and spicy jalapeno peppers.

Pinyon Pines
The seeds of this desert pine tree are edible, and often an essential ingredient in desert trail mix.

Lemon Trees
Usually found only growing around certain desert oases, lemon trees bare sour, juicy lemons. They fetch a great price in the market of the Desert Outpost if you can find an oasis that bares them.

Lime Trees
Usually found growing alongside lemon trees at oases, limes also fetch a pretty Gold at the markets of the Desert Outpost.

Palm Trees
Though rare, the occasional palm tree can be found in the desert. They make great shade when travelling. It also seems a bit cooler near them, especially if they’re in a close formation.

Rocks
Though not a plant, the desert is noteworthy for the occasional sandy rock. Some can get quite big, about the size of boulders. Though the lone rock is common, some can be found in clusters. It may seem stupid to list them here, but not many people consider rocks when they think of a desert.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

General Store
Mouser has many things for sale in his general store that are essential for traversing the desert.

Consumables
-Bottled Water: Best stock up.
-Military Ration Pellets: These bags of marble-sized brown pellets can make sure you stay nourished for about a day per three to ten pellets, depending on one’s appetite. They don’t taste very good, though. The texture is grainy, too. But they get the job done. They also give your stamina, magic, and other bodily energies a bit of a small boost, while also recovering them.
-MREs: That's Meal, Ready-to-Eat. They're dehydrated military meals that come in breakfast, lunch, and dinner variations. Breakfast is oatmeal, an apple, and coffee. Lunch is a hot dog, potato chips, and apple juice. Dinner is a steak, broccoli, and milk. They're all dehydrated, so you need to add water into the bag. Most refer to them as Meals, Ready-to-Upheave.
-Caravan Lunch: Essentially bento boxes. Good for a quick lunch on the go.
-Beef Jerky: Strips of meat spiced and dried in the sun. Good for quick nourishment or luring wild animals.
-Trail Mix: A bag filled with nuts, sugary cereal, and fruit slices. Perfect for keeping your calories up on the trail.
-Calorie Mate: Little cookie blocks somewhat like shortbread, packed with nutrients and energy to supplement your diet.
-Protein Drink: A milkshake packed with protein to help you recover. No lactose, so it doesn't need to be chilled.
-Energy Gel: The opposite of protein drinks, energy gel helps you prime your body for heavy work.
-Power Bar: Energy bars that help fill your stomach and nourish your body.
-Pocky: A popular snack from the fertile lands to the north.
-Crunky Bar: Candy bars in a variety of flavors. Mouser gets them from the fertile lands to the north without them getting melted by the desert heat, somehow.
-Super Gel Dero Doro Drink: Originally created as a health drink, Super Gel Dero Doro Drink is a canned energy drink that boasts 5,000 kilocalories, equivalent to ten meals. It’s known for having a nasty taste and a gross texture, so the pharmaceutical company that created it dumped it all into the Great Desert, where Mouser found them. A single can can keep someone going for days and easily keep calorie-filled powers fully charged.
-Lantern Oil: Fuel for the lanterns Mouser sells.
-Batteries: For your electronics. Mouser only has them in limited quantities due to how hard they are to get out here, and they’re kind of expensive.
-Firewood: For campfires.
-Sunblock: Rub on exposed skin to prevent sunburns.
-Masking Spray: When sprayed on your person, this stuff will mask your natural scent from any predators that might detect it. Very useful when mining in the Great Divide due to the hungry canyon crawlers.

Tools
-Compass: There aren’t any accurate or detailed maps of the desert, but a good compass helps you find your way immensely.
-Eternal Compass: These compasses are magnetically locked to the position of the Desert Outpost. Perfect for finding your way back.
-Canteens: For holding water and keeping it safe from sand.
-Binoculars: Good for searching the horizons.
-Lantern: Oil lanterns. The desert caves can get pretty dark, especially at night. Lanterns are a much better light source for the desert than flashlights, which are hard to maintain due to airborne sand and get batteries for out here.
-Camera: Ya never know. You might need to take a picture for later.
-Flint: For starting a campfire.
-Rope: Always useful.
-Grappling Hook: A classic spelunking tool.
-Rope Ladder: A ladder that can be curled up for carrying. Its uses are limited, but it can be a lifesaver.
-Goggles: For shielding your eyes from sandstorms.
-Desert Clothes: These loose beige robes are designed for keeping out the sun and sand while making sure you stay a bit cool. They’re built to resist heat using special fibers.
-Backpack: For carrying things.
-Camping Set: Tents and sleeping bags for camping in the desert.
-Mining Tools: For the abandoned mines. A full set, including shovels and pick-axes, is a bit expensive though.
-Bathing Supplies: For use in the bathing section of the Desert Outpost’s oasis. This includes soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels, and buckets.
-Breathing Masks: Sand can be a choking hazard. Each of these breathing masks, when worn over the mouth and nose, filter out sand. Plus, they just look cool. They’re stashed in emergency kits throughout the Desert Outpost, in case a sandstorm sweeps through the town. Luckily sandstorms, though common in areas surrounding the Desert Outpost, are pretty rare in the town itself, save for the massive one that shows up every ten years.

User Image

Elga’s Menu

Elga cooks a variety of dishes. You can ask for just about anything and get it, but here are some of her specialty dishes. A useful list if you can’t decide what to order.

Breakfast
User Image Fried Egg: A delicious fried egg. The Desert Outpost raises a lot of chickens. No special qualities.
User Image Hardboiled Egg: A delicious hardboiled egg. No special qualities.
User Image Omelette: A fluffy omelette. No special qualities.
User Image Morning Rush Donut: A nice, quick breakfast item. Goes great with coffee.
User Image Black Coffee: Elga's special coffee. It's her own brew, guaranteed to wake you up in the morning and energize you for the day. Milly recommends adding milk, cream, or sugar to it, though, as it's quite bitter just straight up black. Elga tends to make a pot of it every morning.

Lunch
User Image Zesty Hot Dog: A juicy hot dog garnished with relish. It's not spicy, but it's very zesty. No special qualities.
User Image Healthy Salad: A leafy green salad. Very healthy for you. Makes you feel good to be you.
User Image Apple Pie: A flakey, crisp apple pie. Makes one feel warm inside.
User Image Bread and Cheese: For those who enjoy the simple things in life.

Dinner
User Image Spaghetti: Ordinary spaghetti with marinara sauce, though it's very tender. Don't say anything bad about it, though. Elga is very proud of her pastas. She says they're her second speciality, after soups and desserts. No special qualities.
User Image Meat Pasta: Spaghetti with meat sauce. No special qualities.
User Image Herb Pasta: Spaghetti steamed with various leafy herbs. It has a slight kick to it. No special qualities.
User Image Spicy Pasta: Hot and spicy spaghetti made with hot sauce. No special qualities.
User Image Soy Pasta: Spaghetti made with soy sauce. No special qualities.
User Image Choco Pasta: Spaghetti dipped in chocolate sauce. Care to try something... interesting? No special qualities.
User Image Roast Chicken: An entire roasted chicken. Elga can also fry it, upon request.
User Image Gorgeous Steak: A rich, juicy, succulent steak garnished with the customer's choice of vegetables. No special qualities.

Standard Entrees
User Image Elga Breakfast: Its taste tends to vary with each consumer. No special properties.
User Image Elga Lunch: Its taste tends to vary with each consumer. No special properties. More filling than the Elga Breakfast.
User Image Elga Dinner: Its taste tends to vary with each consumer. No special properties. More filling than the Elga Lunch.
User Image Elga Special: Its taste tends to vary with each consumer. No special properties. More filling than the Elga Dinner.
User Image Elga Deluxe: It's taste tends to vary with each consumer. No special properties. More filling than the Elga Special.
User Image Elga Dynamite: This dish isn’t meant for eating. Made with special combustible and unstable herbs and spices, it explodes violently when exposed to a physical shock, allowing it to function as a very powerful grenade or dynamite. Obviously not meant to be eaten.
User Image Odd Dinner: One of Elga’s earlier failed attempts at an Elga Lunch. It’s absolutely horrible in both taste and consistency, but rarely causes digestive distress.

Weekly Specials
User Image Sunday Special – Fat Free Egg Fu Not-So-Young Anymore: Served only on Sundays, the Fat Free Egg Fu Not-So-Young Anymore appears to be some sort of greasy Chinese dish. When asked how old the food is, Elga will smartly reply that they’ll be celebrating its 37th Birthday on August 24th. There’s actually a ton of fat it in. Elga just doesn’t charge you for it.
User Image Monday Special – Bubble Gumbo: Served only on Mondays, the Bubble Gumbo is apparently not spicy, but still pops in your mouth, according to Elga. There’s also a sugarless version for people afraid of cavities.
User Image Tuesday Special – Squished Squid: Served only on Tuesdays, the Squished Squid is served atop squished squash. According to Elga, she squishes the squid under a stack of her best cookbooks, then adds just a bit of squirrel sauce.
User Image Wednesday Special – Gelatin Fajitas: Served only on Wednesdays, the Gelatin Fajitas are apparently, according to Elga, “not a Mexican dish when ye’re in th’ Great Desert, laddie”. Elga says the the Desert Outpost Militia fire martial won’t let her use the Cantina’s hot sauce, since the last batch burned a hole through their stove. So... you’ll have to make due with store-bought hot sauce.
User Image Thursday Special – Macrame and Cheese: Served only on Thursdays, the Macrame and Cheese is some sort of knotted pasta with cheese sauce. But they’re running low on cheese, so it’s macrame and some yellow-colored paste. When asked what the macrame is made with, as this is not always obvious, Elga says “Pasta. But th’ real question, laddie, is what’s made with th’ macrame. Ye should see some o’ the potholders I got goin’ in th’ kitchen! Ah ha ha!”
User Image Friday Special – Hamboogers: Served only on Fridays, Hamboogers are hamburgers served with plentiful portions of a congealed green sauce. According to Elga, they’re made from pigs with a bad, aristocratic attitude. When told it’s the most disgusting-sounding dish one has ever heard of, her only response is “Ye should’ve seen what it replaced.”
User Image Saturday Special – Bubba Ganush: Served only on Saturdays, Bubba Ganush is apparently a traditional middle-eastern dish. At least, according to Elga. She also says it comes from the recipe of the parents of her childhood friend, Momma and Poppa Ganush. Elga’s snide reply when asked what’s in Bubba Ganush is “a lot o’ consonants and vowels, by th’ sound o’ it.” Most people think she made up the dish so she could hear people say Bubba Ganush all day.

Specialty Boosters
Primeval Beef Shank: This mighty shank of beef has been spiced and cooked to perfection. Eating it will recover your lost strength, nourish your system with many nutrients, and increase your physical strength for an hour after eating it. Elga recommends it be taken on all serious excursions out into the desert, particularly when fighting is involved.
User Image Meteor Meal: Eating this dish, made from ingredients unknown, will recover lost strength, nourish your system with many nutrients, and increase your physical speed for an hour after eating it.
User Image Mushroom Delicacy: This dish is made from very rare mushrooms cooked, steamed, and soaked to perfection. It tastes very good, but doesn’t fill you up much. It does, however, give a boost to your magical powers or other powers.
User Image Mental Cola: A home-brewed cola that boosts your psychic powers.
User Image Natural Smoothie: A fruit smoothie that boosts your racial abilities. It tastes a bit like watermelon.
User Image Stamina Juice: This juice is made with honey and special desert fruits. You can recover all your lost stamina by drinking it, allowing prolonged physical activity.
User Image Mineral Water: Special mineral water that can guench even the wrost thirsts and heal even the most deadly levels of dehydration. Supposedly, it's water only Elga can get, and she adds her only little something to it.
User Image Sky Juice: Made from a rainbow fruit, this sweet-and-sour juice is absolutely delectable. It helps recover magic and other bodily energy sources.

Problem Solvers
User Image Calm Tea: A special green tea brewed by Elga, Calm Tea is a relaxation-inducing tea that can settle even the most tense of moods and relax a person to the point of being perfectly calm. It could even tame a rampaging bull, or so Elga claims. Though this was all Elga intended the tea to do, it also has an unintentional side effect of being able to bring out-of-control powers back under a manageable status, at least until whatever caused the person to lose control happens again. It tastes like green tea, and looks a little like it, though Elga claims the recipes are completely different.
User Image Wake Up Tonic: A special energy drink made by Elga. It wakes you up when you're asleep or just tired. It even works on hypnosis and magic-induced sleep.
User Image Healthy Juice: This juice is made with leaves, herbs, and special green vegetables and fruits. It detoxifies the body of impurities and contaminants, such as light to heavy poisons and even certain curses.
User Image Fresh Juice: Freshly-squeezed juice that supposedly can cure the common cold. Elga says it's not orange juice, per se...
User Image Warm Cocoa: Hot cocoa that can supposedly warm even the coldest body and even cure hypothermia.
User Image Five Alarm Chili: Chili that can actually heal frostbite.
User Image Snow Cone: A shaved ice treat that can cool down anyone's body when they're feeling hot.
User Image Fruit Parfait: A delicious fruit parfait that can heal burns.
User Image Roast Hydra Tail: This unusual dish can supposedly regrow recently lost limbs. The problem is finding a hydra to take the tail from. Elga can also prepare it baked or fried.

To Go Menu
Packed Lunch: This packed lunch contains a nutritious and delicious travel meal with food from every food group. Eating it allows one to recover all of their strength and stamina. Elga often recommends it to people about to head out into the desert.
User Image Chicken Knuckles To Go: These come in a take-out container stained with grease. According to Elga, she’s required by law to serve the Chicken Knuckles to go. When asked why, all she’ll say is that after you eat some, you have to go. If asked whether she fries or bakes her knuckles, Elga says "Neither. That would hurt. Heh heh!" When asked whether it’s light or dark meat, she just says that there’s some questions in life you really don’t want to know the answers to.
User Image Emergency Rations: This bag is filled with various dehydrated ingredients, useful for quick nourishment in an emergency. It restores stamina, relieves fatigue, and gives a boost to your racial abilities. Elga recommends it be taken on any dangerous expeditions into the desert.
User Image Space Food: Space Food is various freeze-dried ingredients pressed into a nutritious and tasty block. Designed to keep even in the harshest of conditions, it heals and gives a boost to magical, phsychic, or otherworldly energies.

Desert Desserts
User Image Couple’s Cake: This bowl of ice cream is designed to be eaten by two people. Elga will only make it for two people romantically involved, since it’s the dish she used to make for her late husband.
User Image Heartful Cake: This dish is special. Elga won’t make it herself. Rather, she’ll allow any girl to borrow her kitchen and use her recipe to make this chocolate cake. It’s designed to be used by girls to confess their love to a guy via his stomach.
User Image Choco Cake: A slice of rich chocolate cake, perfect for a chocolate craving. No special qualities.
User Image Fruity Cake: Sweet cake topped and filled with fruit. No special qualities.
User Image Peach Tart: A sweet, flakey tart. It makes one feel oddly cheerful. Elga usually makes them in batches.
User Image Cupcakes: Elga makes a batch of these cupcakes once a week. They're very sweet and rich, full of chocolatey goodness. They tend to lift one's mood.
User Image Sweet Cookies: Elga bakes delicious cookies with a sweet aroma and sweeter taste. Eating some tends to make one a bit friendlier and more considerate to others.
User Image Mousse Cake: A light, fluffy mousse. It makes one feel oddly happy.
User Image Banana Boat: A big and tasty banana split sundae. No special properties.
User Image Love Pudding: This mango-flavored pudding makes one feel tingly.
User Image Love Noodles: These chocolate-laced noodles are said to be the perfect thing to ease heartbreak.
User Image Heavy Meal: Mostly consisting of honey and syrup, this thick, gooey dish will fill even the biggest glutton to bursting. The problem is that you’ll move sluggishly after eating it, which lasts for a few hours.
User Image Lovely Chocolate: Milly's special chocolate hearts, which she hands out to all her friends on Valentine's Day. She'll also allow others to use her recipe to make chocolates for their friends, too. Elga may be the owner and head chef, but Milly has some culinary skills of her own.
User Image Dog Chocolate: Special chocolate made just for dogs and other animals that can't ordinarily eat chocolate. This chocolate is completely dog-safe.

Elga’s Mysterious Soups
User Image Elixir Soup: This golden-colored soup is the signature dish of Elga. Its recipe is a closely-guarded secret of her family, but she has let slip that it contains ingredients from every food group except meats. Similar to a very thick chicken broth, it has a very rich flavor a bit akin to chicken broth, highly contrary to not containing meat. When drunken, this soup helps heal internal wounds. It doesn’t heal them directly, but it helps speed up their recovery immensely. It also helps the eater recover from even extreme cases of fatigue and fully recovers their magic or other bodily energy. It can be eaten just fine cold, so it’s perfect to keep in a bottle when going out into the desert. It takes a whole day to prepare, but Elga always keeps a large pre-made batch on hand in her restaurant. It keeps for a very long time, so she has some pots of it from months ago.
User Image Randomizer Soup: This is probably the most deceptively named thing Elga can cook. Don’t let the name fool you. The only thing it randomizes is your bowels. The ingredients of Randomizer Soup are as follows: Wine, cooking oil, spoiled meat, moldy bread, rotten fruit, murky water, and motor oil. It keeps for a long time, but according to Elga it’s only “safe” to eat when heated. She also claims eating any more than what could fit in a coffee mug would be “hazardous”. The black soup, with black bits floating in it, is very thin compared to Elga’s thick Elixir Soup. The only way to know what it tastes like is to try it... but you’ve been warned. The following reaction is usually given upon drinking some Randomizer Soup: After drinking, the drinker will clutch their gut, drop what they're holding in their hands, and fall to the ground as a gastrointestinal pain unlike anything they have ever felt takes hold of them. In addition to this pain, the drinker will hear a most unhealthy gurgling coming from their intestines. This continues for about 10-20 seconds, depending on the drinker's will power toward mind-numbing pain.
But the soup's not done yet. Far from it. After the pain subsides, the "gastrointestinal distress" will reoccur about three to five more times at random intervals over the course of the next 24 hours, leaving the drinker vulnerable at unexpected and inopportune moments.
User Image Mushroom Broth: This tea broth tastes horrible, but if drunken, your light wounds will slowly recover over time. Even new wounds inflicted will slowly recover. The effect lasts about six hours.
User Image Trial Stew: This stew is made from various poisonous ingredients. According to Elga, its theme is “anythin’ that dinnae kill ye makes ye stronger”. Upon consuming some Trial Stew, the eater will immediately be racked with enough insanity-inducing pain to fall to the ground and writhe about, screaming their lungs out. Some eaters have been known to cause self-inflicted injuries from the fit caused by the pain, including one guy who bit his own tongue off. This pain lasts for twelve hours non-stop with no relief whatsoever. By the second hour, most people have screamed until their throat bled. Those who can survive it are gifted with immense boosts in all of their overall fighting abilities, an effect that lasts for three days. Hence the “Trial”.

Unique Diet Menu
Raw Meat Platter: Exactly what it says on the tin. For the lycans who need their raw meat.
Deluxe Jumbo Fruit Salad: Also what it says on the tin. For the herbivores.
Cricket Pie: Again, what it says on the tin. For the insectivores.
Spit-Roasted Boot Bernaise: A dish best served cold. For the races that eat... garbage, maybe? Elga just likes to be prepared for any customer.
Rock Sirloin: For the rock-eating races, this slab of stone is cooked to perfection and garnished with moss. Lava is also available as an optional sauce.
Blood Soup: For the blood-drinking races. While Elga only stocks artificial “vegetarian” blood, the actual bar of the town can provide both animal blood and donated human blood of any blood type. Just ask for it.
Souls: Unfortunately for the soul-eating races, Elga does not sell souls for them to eat. Anyone who asks for them will be thrown out on the street. Luckily for the soul-eating races, souls can be purchased at Tenfingers’ Awesome Black Market. How Tenfingers gets them is anyone’s guess, but she seems to have a steady supply of them.

Relics and Artifacts

Unique Artifacts
Artifacts that there are only one of, and they are difficult to obtain.
-Dragon Slayer: A scimitar imbued with the spirit of a tiger. As the natural enemy of dragons, this sword can easily cut through dragon scales like a hot knife through butter. The wielder is also immune to dragon breath attacks while holding it, be it fire, ice, or acid.
-Lycan Slayer: A claymore made with silver. As the natural enemy of lycans, this sword can easily deal lasting damage to lycanthropes such as werewolves or anything else inflicted with a lycan curse, regardless of animal. The wielder is also immune to lycan curses while wielding it.
-Vamp Slayer: A rapier forged from solidified sunlight. As the natural enemy of vampires, a single strike can reduce one to ash, even if they don’t have a sunlight weakness. The wielder is also immune to vampire bite curses while holding it.
-Zombie Slayer: A katana imbued with holiness. As the natural enemy of the undead, this sword can easily cleave through a horde of zombies, mummies, skeletons, anything undead. The wielder is also immune to zombie infection while holding it.
-God Slayer: This wooden sword is forged from over a thousand mortal souls. It’s capable of dealing true death to immortals.
-Bot Slayer: An artificial Slayer Sword, the Bot Slayer is a small electronic hilt that projects a blade of pure electromagnetic pulses, allowing the wielder to demolish bots with only a strike or two.
-Lullaby Flute: This cursed flute will kill anyone within range of hearing its song... including the player.
-Philosopher’s Stone: This mythic crystal can change one material into another material at the expenditure of the holder’s energy.
-Tsunami Orb: This magical orb is able to release a torrential tsunami, generating mass amounts of water. Hopefully you can swim. This is a great item for those who find themselves able to manipulate water, but have no water around them to manipulate.
-Stone Suit: This bodysuit, covered in plates of gray stone woven together with sturdy black cloth, will allow the user to become as plain as an ordinary stone at will. Doing so will allow the wearer to remain undetected by sight, hearing, or smell, though enemies may still sense their presence. Though enemies may look right at the wearer and not realize they are there, it is not invisibility or camouflage. The suit uses its own magical power that can last up to three hours before it needs to spend another three recharging.
-Mirror of Secrets: This mirror, when held in one’s hands, will allow them to peer into the subconscious of whoever is standing directly in front of them. Doing so will allow the holder to read their omnipresent thoughts and worries and gaze into the deepest recesses of their mind.
-“The Annals of Hades”: This crimson, ornate book details the entire history of the world, both its past and future. Unfortunately, it is written in a language forgotten near the beginning of time. Not even the strongest of translation spells can pick up more than the odd word.
-The Book of Ages: All of history is magically recorded in this book. The book automatically gains pages and writing as new events transpire. Unfortunately, the book can be a bit vague regarding past events. Its grammar is also very archaic, which can leave some people scratching their heads.
-Tome of Mudora: Anything written in this book will be stored magically in its memory, able to be called back to the pages at any time by the owner. If the user thinks about what they want to see, it will appear to them, just so long as it was written before in the book, even if it was written by a previous owner. Any text written into the book in another language will appear in the user’s first language.
-Luvanda Blade: This beautiful, ornate, golden sword is incapable of cutting anyone or anything. Rather, when something is slashed with its blade, all of their wounds will heal and this ailments cured. It is said to be capable of saving someone near-death. It’s known sometimes as the Cursed Sword of Heaven.
-Excalibur: This double-edged longsword is capable of cutting through absolutely anything. It’s known sometimes as the Cursed Sword of Earth.
-Sword of Kusanagi: This katana will seal anything it stabs through within its blade, trapping them in a repeating cycle of the worst moment of their life. It's known sometimes as the Cursed Sword of Hell.
-Focus Feather: The feather on this headband makes the user immune to any and all magic, psychic, or physical attacks that affect the mind. This includes telepathy, mind control, drugs or poisons that addle the thoughts, or even simple concussions.

Rare Artifacts
Artifacts that there can be 3-5 of. They are much easier to obtain than the one’s above. May sometimes be found at Tenfingers’s Awesome Black Market.
-Heatblade: This sword will be able to heat up at the wielder’s will. The blade will obviously burn the enemy on contact in this state, but the radiant heat will also cause the enemy to expend more energy each time they narrowly dodge a strike.
-Homing Beats: These bracers, when worn on the wrists, allow the wearer’s fist to be drawn toward the enemy, focusing in on their weak points as if homing in on them.
-Cane of Somaria: With a wave of this wooden cane, a 5x5x5 block of stone will appear. With another wave, it will disappear. Only one block can be summoned at a time. Should another be summoned, the previous one will disappear. Each block is indestructible, and can only be pushed by the holder of the cane.
-Earthquake Boots: When wearing these boots, if the user stomps hard enough on the ground, they can cause tremors.
-Mole Mitts: These mole paw-shaped gloves allow the wearer to dig and bore through dirt and rock as easily as a mole. That includes sand, but the tunnels will likely collapse on you.
-Power Gauntlets: These metal gauntlets allow the wearer to lift about a single ton more than usual. Doesn’t work with attacking. Only lifting, pushing, or pulling.
-Shove Gloves: The Shove Gloves are capable of pushing things no matter how heavy they are, allowing them to be sent flying at tremendous speed and force. But they can also push anything. Anything. Even the air around you. So you could send an extremely powerful blast of projectile air at someone merely by pushing the air in front of you.
-Soul of Ewa: Named after the worshipped goddess of the locals, this item may bring inanimate objects to life. Rumor has it, the things you actually bring to life with it, take a part of your soul to use during their 'life.’ Your pieces of your soul are returned as you return the objects to normal... assuming you didn't kill yourself bringing them to life.
-Heart’s Compass: This compass points to whatever the holder really wants above anything else, even if the holder doesn’t know what that is. It just doesn’t show how far it is.
-Lens of Truth: This eye-themed magnifying glass, when held up to one of your eyes, allows you to see through illusions, whether they be things that shouldn’t be there or things concealed.
-Shroud of Shadow: This magical and rather large black hooded cloak has the ability to turn the user invisible. The invisibility feature requires great concentration, making it hard for the wearer to do anything else but walk and talk while hidden.
-Pegasus Boots: These boots, when worn, allow the wearer to perform a high-speed dash. Though seemingly super-speed, the user cannot change direction or easily stop until they crash into something. Luckily, the user is protected by a minor barrier while using it, so they won’t get hurt when they crash. It can make for a devastating charging tackle.
-Flight Feather: When kept on one’s person, this feather will allow anyone naturally able to fly to fly at great speeds and to great heights. The holder can ascend up to the upper atmosphere and fly at a speed of Mach 1. Should the holder not be able to naturally fly, this feather will allow them to jump fifty feet in height and up to fifty feet in length. Flight achieved through levitation, wind, or a vehicle does not count as “naturally able to fly”.
-Dominion Rod: When the glowing yellow orb stored in the tip of this rod is launched at an object with a swing, that object will fall under the user’s “dominion”. When under the user’s dominion, they can move the object about as much as they want as if the object was alive. The user is fully capable of moving about themselves while controlling the object. The object can move about even if it is not easily moved, merely by shuffling along the ground. Only one object can be under the user’s dominion at a time. The orb must be retrieved from the object and returned to the tip of the rod with another swing in order to place a different object under the user’s dominion. The rod cannot gain dominion over any object that has sentience, such as a weapon that chooses its wielder.
-Character Mug: This unusual doll appears to be an anthropomorphic lion with a clown face. It’s said the Character Mug’s smile is a warning of the upcoming apocalypse. Its lips are beginning to curve...
-Arbine’s Chalice: Any water placed in this silver chalice will turn into wine of the highest quality.
-Rakshasa Heart: This blood-red gem is about the size and shape of a polygonal heart. It makes a sound and pulse akin to a heartbeat. They are said to sometimes appear when a truly evil otherwise-normal person is killed. What they do is unknown, but holding one tends to make one feel highly uncomfortable.
-Messiah Cross: This white wooden cross, when kept on one’s person, allows them to be completely aware of anything alive within a 30 foot radius around them. Doing so allows them to detect anyone hidden within their radius, be it through stealth, camouflage, invisibility, and regardless of whether it’s magic or skill.

Uncommon Artifacts
Artifacts that there are definitely more than one of. Sometimes can be found at the general store.
-Fairy Slingshot: A slingshot that allows projectiles to veer in on targets, provided the curve isn’t too much. It also has much more power than an ordinary slingshot, almost as much as a weak gun.
-Monkey Staff: This wooden bo-staff with a carving of a monkey at one end has the power to give one the acrobatics and agility of a monkey, as well as a more general appearance of a monkey, included hand feet and a prehensile tail. This transformation is optional by the user, though the longer they stay in monkey mode, the more they believe they really are a monkey.
-Helmet of Mom: Legend has it that mothers have eyes in the back of their heads. This special helmet gives the wearer eyes in the back of their head, so long as they wear it.
-Third Arm Sash: Worn around the waist, the user may will this sash to act as an extra limb. Very useful for craftsmen.
-Son of Sun: This special golden pendant makes one immune to the negative qualities of the rays of the sun. One could walk around in the desert for days without getting heatstroke or a sunburn. When worn by a vampire, this pendant makes them immune to the natural effects of a vampire in the sun. No more fear of bursting into flames when trying to tan.
-Lunar Locket: This magical locket allows the user to control the phases of the moon in a localized area. This sounds like a great item for you lycans out there.
-Wanderer’s Map: This map continually re-draws itself to the surroundings of the bearer (from 500 feet to 500 miles) and provides useful notes regarding the weather, local animals, nearest points of interest, and any people when zoomed in to the maximum.
-Remembrall: A crystal ball that allows the holder to store their memories inside for later viewing, thus freeing their mind of the burden.
-Blarney Stone: This pendant, when worn, grants human speech to creatures otherwise incapable of such speech, such as animals.
-Mummy Headband: This headband of mummy bandages, when worn, allows you to walk amongst the undead as if you were one of them. Have no fear of being attacked by zombies while wearing this.
-Insomnia Mask: This rather unsettling imp-like mask allows the wearer to go without sleep so long as they wear it. They need no sleep and will lose no sleep should they take it off. Said to have been used in ancient prisons, where prisoners would be forced to wear it so that not even the embrace of sleep would grant them an escape from their misery.
-Power Gloves: Allows the wearer to lift about 10-30 pounds more than usual. Doesn’t work when attacking. Only lifting, pushing, and pulling.
-Seven-Leaf Clover: This shamrock with seven leaves will increase the user’s natural luck when kept on their person.
-[******** Diamond Katana: Though it sounds cool, these swords are really completely useless.

Common Artifacts
Weak artifacts that can be found for sale at the general store.
-Light Pen: A pen that can be used to write letters of light in the air.
-Gale Force Reading Glasses: When worn, these allow the user to read through a book much faster, but the actual speed multiplier will depend on the quality of the book.
-Magic Lipstick: Lipstick that changes color to suit the wearer’s mood.
-Grip Ring: When worn, allows the wearer to grip things much more easily, allowing better grappling and climbing.
-Brain Stone: This strange reflective rock, when simply kept on one’s person, allows them to focus without using their conscious mind. Since one needs to focus to cast magic, this is an easy escape from distractions and magic that affects the mind.
-Homing Bullets: Bullets that can arc toward a target. For sale at the ammo shop.
-Bomb Arrows: Arrows with explosives on the end. For sale at the ammo shop.
-Divining Rod: This Y-shaped rod will vibrate when it senses underground water.
-Lizardman Bracelet: This bracelet allows the wearer to lift up to 30-50 more pounds than usual. Its small size means it can only be worn by child-sized characters. Doesn’t work when attacking. Only lifting, pushing, or pulling.
-Lucky Charm: A coin bearing the image of a four-leaf clover, pinned to one’s chest with a cloth blue ribbon attached to the coin. It wards off bad luck, but doesn’t increase good luck in any way.

Spoils
These items can be found in the desert or from animals and creatures. Most can be sold or brought in to various facilities in the Desert Outpost.
-Skull Necklace: Off-putting necklaces worn by Orc tribe leaders.
-Cumulus Pendant: Clay pendants shaped like clouds, carried by all DBG bandits.
-Beast Fang: A fang from one of the desert animals.
-Beast Claw: A claw from one of the desert animals.
-Beast Hide: The hide of one of the desert animals.
-Beast Feather: A feather from one of the desert animals.
-Beast Scale: A scale from one of the desert animals.
-Beast Dung: Dung from one of the desert animals.
-Bug Juice: The juices of a desert bug.
-Scrap Metal: Left over junk parts from a robot.
-Orichalcum: A chunk of blue reflective crystaline rock.
-Mythril: A chunk of mythril ore.
-Gold Nugget: A chunk of solid gold.
-White Silver: A lighter form of silver that guards against unholy.
-Black Silver: A darker form of silver that guards against holy.
-Small Diamond: A small white gem.
-Small Ruby: A small red gem.
-Small Sapphire: A small blue gem.
-Small Topaz: A small yellow gem.
-Small Emerald: A small green gem.
-Small Amethyst: A small purple gem.
-Small Amber: A small orange gem.
-Small Onyx: A small black gem.
-Magnetic Stone: A magnetically-polarized stone.
-Rock Salt: A raw chunk of rock salt, often found in the sands of the desert. Can be used to disrupt spellcasting.
-Fish Fossil: A small stone slab with a fish bone fossil imprinted on it.
-Desert Vase: Pottery of an ancient desert-dwelling tribe.
-Cactus Needles: The needles of a desert cactus.

Feel free to suggest your own artifacts and spoils!

* Credit to ImNoHero for some of these artifacts.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

5/18/2014 – Setting Up
5/18/2014 – Grand Opening

Plots

Tier 1 Plots
Orc Assault

Tier 2 Plots {LOCKED!}
Polvo Morto
Bad Moon Rising
Blood Ties
Homecoming
Not of This World
One Little Carcilurk
Hybrid Theory

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

"You gonna stand around playin' with your tits all day, or are you gonna get the hell out of my goddamn clinic?"

"Who are you, who do not know your own history?"

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Staff List
People in charge. You better respect them.

Cyberweasel89 – Gamemaster
Kohana Mishikoto - Moderator

White List
People who have proved their worth.

None yet...

Gray List
People we need to look out for.

None yet...

Black List
People who have been banned.

None yet...

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

User Image
Sigil, the City of Doors, an awesome and far-reaching Commerce thread run by the awesome Tres Ecstuffuan.

User Image
The Asper, Gaia's tavern on an ex-pirate ship, run by my good friend, the lovely Onyx2047.

Affiliate Us!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/t.92155459/][img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/Cyberweasel89/Desert Outpost/AffiliateBannerDO.jpg[/img][/url]

A better affiliate banner is welcome.

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
Just For Fun

Milly's Uniform
User Image

Picture of Muramasa (20 feet tall)
User Image

Carcilurk and Carcilurk Queen
User Image

Lizardman
User Image

Lizardmen - Male and Female - Art by Rafflesia Arnoldi
User Image

Gilder
User Image
He wears the scarf for fashion reasons.

Mouser
User Image
He can actually zip open his chest and keep things inside his stuffing. And yes, those are button eyes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff