Welcome to Gaia! ::

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Hello Gaians,

Today I'd like to talk about your Gaia Online e-mail, what it means to your Gaia Online account, and how it can keep your account safe and secure. When you set up a Gaia Online account you have to give us an e-mail address, this e-mail address is used as a way to contact you for various things, one of the most important things is password resets. You may only have one unique e-mail per Gaia Online account. Let's start with what the e-mail on your Gaia Online account is used for.

What is the e-mail used for?
We use e-mail to contact you about a variety of things relating to Gaia, these things are:

• Account activation. When you create a Gaia Online account, you will receive an e-mail asking you to verify you created the account and it asks you to activate the account. Doing this will allow you to fully use all the features of Gaia Online.

• Product updates and sales. This will keep you up to date with any new products we have, item sales, new item releases, and more.

• Ticket replies. When you create a ticket through the Help Center, we also send a reply to the e-mail address on your account when you filed the ticket.

• E-mail change notifications. When the e-mail on your Gaia account changes, you will be notified which e-mail it was changed to.

• IP verification. When you turn IP verification on you will receive an e-mail whenever you try to log in from a new IP. This e-mail will allow you to verify that IP so that you can log in again.

• Secondary authorization. When you turn secondary authorization on you receive an e-mail confirming that you want it turned on.

• Password resets. You will receive an e-mail from Gaia whenever you request your password reset.

• Account notifications. If your account was banned or we identify it as compromised, we will send you an e-mail informing you of this.

As you can see, e-mails are very important to Gaia Online.

How do I keep my e-mail safe and active?
Now that you know all the benefits of having an e-mail on Gaia, let's talk about keeping it safe and active. Any e-mail address you use on Gaia Online should be an active e-mail that you can access. This means that you should be logging into it once a day, every day. At the very least, log into it once a week. Some e-mail providers recycle e-mail address after a certain length of time which means the e-mail address becomes free for anyone to register again. You should also make sure to practice good account security with your e-mail address as you would with your Gaia account. That means not giving out your password, making sure you aren't logging into fake e-mail login pages, making sure your password is strong, and the other important security tips.

Wait! What does it mean if my Gaia e-mail has been recycled?
Did that catch your eye? Yes, this is why you should be logging into your e-mail address. If the e-mail registered to your Gaia Online account is recycled and becomes available, it means that anyone can use that e-mail. This means that someone could take your e-mail address and get all the information about your Gaia Online account. They could request a password reset and then hack into your account. More importantly, not only would they have access to your Gaia information, but any information that you have registered to that e-mail address. This includes, but is not limited to, bank information, PayPal, job information, personal information, and more.

This is great information! So what should I do now?
Simple. Just take a look at the e-mail address on your Gaia Online account, which is found in your account settings. To get to your account settings hover your mouse over the "My Gaia" drop down and then select "Account Settings" from the drop down link list. Once you have seen the e-mail on your account, try to log into it. Can you access the e-mail address? Perfect, then you're set and all you have to do is just keep logging into it. Are you not able to access the e-mail? Then try to reset your e-mail password. If you can't, then change the e-mail on your Gaia Online account to an e-mail that is active and you can access. We hope that this helps keep your Gaia Online account, and e-mail, much more secure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff