Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Kitten

And I'm almost near the end. . .and in tears already.
I hate knowing my show is coming to an end. Plus this opening doesn't help at all...it messes with my emotions!
I'm crazy, I watched it three times in its entirety during my Fall break last semester. Once for myself. Started it during finals, which was dumb, then soon after with my brother. Near the end of break, I watched it with my friend. Here or there I watch random episodes for the giggles. I actually may watch it again with my mother. I do believe I have a problem, haha.

Timid Kitten

Kookygirl8907
I'm crazy, I watched it three times in its entirety during my Fall break last semester. Once for myself. Started it during finals, which was dumb, then soon after with my brother. Near the end of break, I watched it with my friend. Here or there I watch random episodes for the giggles. I actually may watch it again with my mother. I do believe I have a problem, haha.

I hear, ya. The first time I had ever seen it was on Toonami three-four years ago. It got to the point where I was tired o waiting for Saturday to roll around I finished the rest within the course of a day. Then I watched it not even two weeks later because I missed it so much. . .and now here I am finishing it again with my boyfriend who also says he'd like to watch it again.
I'm having to read the manga to keep it going!
Elaenna

I hear, ya. The first time I had ever seen it was on Toonami three-four years ago. It got to the point where I was tired o waiting for Saturday to roll around I finished the rest within the course of a day. Then I watched it not even two weeks later because I missed it so much. . .and now here I am finishing it again with my boyfriend who also says he'd like to watch it again.

I remember watching the original when it first came out. I think I was thirteen. When I rewatched it on Thanksgiving break and got into FMAB from there.
I read the manga...I think I started that years ago too and finally finished it some time later after watching FMAB twice just to keep the feels going. Haha.
Man, FMA...y u so good?

Timid Kitten

Kookygirl8907
Elaenna

I remember watching the original when it first came out. I think I was thirteen. When I rewatched it on Thanksgiving break and got into FMAB from there.
I read the manga...I think I started that years ago too and finally finished it some time later after watching FMAB twice just to keep the feels going. Haha.
Man, FMA...y u so good?

I had started watching the original on Toonami years ago, but would miss a few episodes. I remember watching episode 07 (with Nina) and losing my mind. I stopped watching after that, then came back to it after watching FMA:B three years ago. I still haven't finished it, though. I made it half way then stopped. I have this awful habit of getting through half of an anime and then jumping to something else. I need to break that. . .same with reading manga. I'm the same way.
Hahaha, but seriously. Why is it so daggone good?

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm watching Brotherhood for the first time... and I have to admit, I am forcing myself through it. For the love of christ tell me it gets better after the first like 6 episodes or something! I've heard almost every single Fullmetal Alchemist fan claim this is better than the first series, but at this point I'm not seeing it. I'd rather read the manga separately and watch the first series as two entities because the manga being truly animated at this point just isn't working for me. Hate me, flame me, shame me, call me blasphemous against the name of Hiromu Arakawa, but it's how I'm feeling. confused
Hoshi no Miko
I'm watching Brotherhood for the first time... and I have to admit, I am forcing myself through it. For the love of christ tell me it gets better after the first like 6 episodes or something! I've heard almost every single Fullmetal Alchemist fan claim this is better than the first series, but at this point I'm not seeing it. I'd rather read the manga separately and watch the first series as two entities because the manga being truly animated at this point just isn't working for me. Hate me, flame me, shame me, call me blasphemous against the name of Hiromu Arakawa, but it's how I'm feeling. confused

I had to force myself for the first several episodes too because they lacked for me, but that was only because in the original they had set arcs devoted to each thing; whereas, in the brotherhood, they are rushed through to get to the new stuff. It does and will get better as time goes on and more new characters are introduced. I think it's like fifteen or so is when some new characters are introduced and it goes from there. Don't quote me on the exact number though. :]
Elaenna
I had started watching the original on Toonami years ago, but would miss a few episodes. I remember watching episode 07 (with Nina) and losing my mind. I stopped watching after that, then came back to it after watching FMA:B three years ago. I still haven't finished it, though. I made it half way then stopped. I have this awful habit of getting through half of an anime and then jumping to something else. I need to break that. . .same with reading manga. I'm the same way.
Hahaha, but seriously. Why is it so daggone good?

No matter which version of FMA I watch, the Nina episode always kills me. It's horrible what happens to her and her dog and augh. Tucker. I believe he is the most hated man in Anime history. Whenever I hear his VA voicing someone else, I'm like '...Tucker'. Kind of in the same manner Timmy's Dad from Fairly Odd Parents says Dinkleburg. Hahah.
You ought to finish it then, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend it only because the ending. : D
Although I find the Briggs arc dry, even if I enjoy Olivier.
BECAUSE IT IS, YO.
This was one of my favorite anime, it mad me sad and yet happy at times. It truly is a masterpiece of an anime.

7,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Hoshi no Miko

I really felt the same way, although after a while it does start to get better. There are a lot of side stories to keep up with though, and tons of new characters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff