Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm about to start watching the anime series on Netflix since everyone keeps talking about it. eek So, I was wondering.... is it really THAT good like everyone says it is? dramallama

Invisible Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
XxElixiraCutiixX
I'm about to start watching the anime series on Netflix since everyone keeps talking about it. eek So, I was wondering.... is it really THAT good like everyone says it is? dramallama

it's good only because every one agrees it's good.
other manga are good but with FML i can't notice a Multiplying effect.
Brotherhood brought a plus to my life. I suggest it to anyone who's an anime fan. 3nodding And if it ain't really THAT good, you'll agree that it wasn't a displeasing watch.
FMA Brotherhood was my first anime and so it'll always be 'that good' to me. I'd definitely recommend you to it simply because it has a really good story line, good animation and really it's just something great to watch.
It's amazing, I recommend watching Brotherhood first. It's what got me into anime.

Interesting Dabbler

Short answer, yes; its popularity is genuine and well deserved. That being said, whether you like it depends on what kinds of anime/manga you like and if this fits your preferences. You should give it a chance and watch a few episodes, see what you think.
Both series of the anime are pretty great yet I'm far behind on Brotherhood.
I highly recommend watching it though 4laugh

Nuclear Werewolf

The FMA manga actually ruined pretty much all other manga for me, because the art and storytelling are just so much better than most of what's out there these days. Once the last volume came out, I stopped buying new manga series.

As far as the anime goes, yeah, still pretty good. Brotherhood is more satisfying because it follows the original story much more closely, though I think I remember cringing at the first episode because it didn't really feel connected to anything, it was just an intro episode. They changed the art style a bit, too, but damn if the animation in some of those scenes isn't gorgeous. English voice cast for both series (mostly the same actors for both) was excellent.

Destructive Bunny

Alberic of Krufton
The FMA manga actually ruined pretty much all other manga for me, because the art and storytelling are just so much better than most of what's out there these days. Once the last volume came out, I stopped buying new manga series.

As far as the anime goes, yeah, still pretty good. Brotherhood is more satisfying because it follows the original story much more closely, though I think I remember cringing at the first episode because it didn't really feel connected to anything, it was just an intro episode. They changed the art style a bit, too, but damn if the animation in some of those scenes isn't gorgeous. English voice cast for both series (mostly the same actors for both) was excellent.

This. The manga put pretty much put every other manga I've ever read to shame.

There really is nothing quite like it.
Starshine
Alberic of Krufton

This. The manga put pretty much put every other manga I've ever read to shame.

There really is nothing quite like it.

Welp, currently, I'm up to Episode Five, Six, or Four (kinda forgot sweatdrop ) and, it's really good. Most parts are hilarious, epic, and emotional, especially when they explain what happened to Edward and his brother. (That part makes me cry frequently cry ) So, basically, it is pretty good. He he~! biggrin 3nodding

Destructive Bunny

XxElixiraCutiixX

Welp, currently, I'm up to Episode Five, Six, or Four (kinda forgot sweatdrop ) and, it's really good. Most parts are hilarious, epic, and emotional, especially when they explain what happened to Edward and his brother. (That part makes me cry frequently cry ) So, basically, it is pretty good. He he~! biggrin 3nodding

Are you watching the brotherhood version or the first anime version? Either way, it's quite a journey, enjoy wink
YES. It is. I was a HUGEEEE Naruto and Fairytail fan until I saw FMA:B.
I personally did not like the original FMA because it's sadder but that's just me, i hate sad stories/endings. If you;re like that, look at FMA:B first, then look at the first 20-30 episodes of the original because there are some details that aren't in FMA:B.

Hope you enjoy :3
Good animae wold be Blood. mrgreen

Perfect Lunatic

Athelius
YES. It is. I was a HUGEEEE Naruto and Fairytail fan until I saw FMA:B.
I personally did not like the original FMA because it's sadder but that's just me, i hate sad stories/endings. If you;re like that, look at FMA:B first, then look at the first 20-30 episodes of the original because there are some details that aren't in FMA:B.

Hope you enjoy :3

Aww. sad But I loved that the original was sadder.

Pkmn_Trainer_Chito's Girlfriend

It's really that good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas