Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

I had a pair of socks that was yellow. Two, actually, but one has holes and the other is uncomfortable and more for winter.

Oh yeah, a money tree. Cause you can't really grow great big old trees in just your lifetime, you can only get lucky and buy a piece of land that has some. Also, that thing is rather expensive too. ._. ... But it's such a joy to have in my imaginary garden. =)

Maybe it's like with that seaweed you get and I'd never heard of either.

Oh, we can do exploding shrooms without radioactive stuff.
So I went to look for footage of them, got lost, found this instead which I think you'll enjoy.
(Also features some chanterelle that look way better than mine did.)

Sadly, I have no space to grow mushrooms but I totally would if I could. Maybe some day.

It's really just a puppy at that point and I think they are their own worst enemy.

It was one of those "funny compilation" ones, so I didn't watch it. Yours is much better, I just wish they added the backstory to it.

If they claw their way off me, that means I didn't squish them well enough! =)
Cat-less neighbor's late cat was a shoulder cat. I didn't try that a lot because I had the impression she didn't like being picked up but once she got on my shoulder as I was going through the drawer that held her food. :3

I know right, but Grizmo made funny faces while being a dummy. =D

I'm using Firefox and only just figured out they changed the process as to how to adblock things.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
I had a pair of socks that was yellow. Two, actually, but one has holes and the other is uncomfortable and more for winter.

Oh yeah, a money tree. Cause you can't really grow great big old trees in just your lifetime, you can only get lucky and buy a piece of land that has some. Also, that thing is rather expensive too. ._. ... But it's such a joy to have in my imaginary garden. =)

Maybe it's like with that seaweed you get and I'd never heard of either.

Oh, we can do exploding shrooms without radioactive stuff.
So I went to look for footage of them, got lost, found this instead which I think you'll enjoy.
(Also features some chanterelle that look way better than mine did.)

Sadly, I have no space to grow mushrooms but I totally would if I could. Maybe some day.

It's really just a puppy at that point and I think they are their own worst enemy.

It was one of those "funny compilation" ones, so I didn't watch it. Yours is much better, I just wish they added the backstory to it.

If they claw their way off me, that means I didn't squish them well enough! =)
Cat-less neighbor's late cat was a shoulder cat. I didn't try that a lot because I had the impression she didn't like being picked up but once she got on my shoulder as I was going through the drawer that held her food. :3

I know right, but Grizmo made funny faces while being a dummy. =D

I'm using Firefox and only just figured out they changed the process as to how to adblock things.

Oh oh oh you should mend your yellow socks and use them for something else!
Like using it inside a fake nest for little birds to perch in your window 3nodding

There's also the option of transplanting a grown tree from somewhere else into your garden
whenever you end up having it set up. It's less expensive than buying the whole land for it.

And the pumpkin that only grows in my Country. Maybe I'll set up a shop and export them in the future.

Also making the radioactive mushrooms explode might not help them to reproduce at all.
That fuzzy mushroom looks really cool, and the chanterelle looks so good.
I'd probably eat it raw. It probably tastes horrible without cooking eat.

Awh, she wanted to hug you and didn't know how to make you know.
I always try to pick up cats after they get friendly. It's the fastest way to know if they like it.

I used to block stuff on Firefox and copy the codes to Chrome once I made the change, but
I haven't tried for at least a year and a half. I'll check it out later and see how much it changed.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

My socks usually die their little sock deaths by rubbing through where the heel is. =(
I keep thinking there should be something useful to do with the remains and then fail to find a good use for them. How do your socks die and what do you do with them?
As much as I would like watching birds, there's no purchase for nests on my windows. And especially in weather like this, they'd get fried, the poor birdies. sad
If I had straight windows, I might be tempted to get one of those bird feeders that you can attach to the window tho.

It might be very expensive, difficult to downright impossible to transplant a tree of the necessary size tho. And then it would probably need quite a while to grow enough new roots, so the nest could safely be hung from it.
Besides, I still need the land for the pond and everything. =)

Yeah, you could get rich from pumpkins and it might be less disastrous for the environment as the avocado thing.

Why, it would spread their radioactive mushroom spores very well.
Yeah, there are some mushrooms that cannot be eaten raw.
No word about the lady tho, Al? Tsss.
Her enthusiasm was so nice to watch and her forest looked awesome.
It's unfortunate that she didn't put up very many videos and seems to have stopped doing so. =(

Oh, I did try to pick her up - and got the impression she didn't like it very much, so I didn't try again, thinking that either she doesn't like it (cat-less neighbor later demonstrated her shoulder cat-ness) or doesn't know me well enough yet.
She'd only just started sitting on me instead of next to me on the sofa when she got so sick. sad

Before, you could just right-click something and then choose "block image" or something. Now you have to click the adblock button and click "block element" and then choose something.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
My socks usually die their little sock deaths by rubbing through where the heel is. =(
I keep thinking there should be something useful to do with the remains and then fail to find a good use for them. How do your socks die and what do you do with them?
As much as I would like watching birds, there's no purchase for nests on my windows. And especially in weather like this, they'd get fried, the poor birdies. sad
If I had straight windows, I might be tempted to get one of those bird feeders that you can attach to the window tho.

It might be very expensive, difficult to downright impossible to transplant a tree of the necessary size tho. And then it would probably need quite a while to grow enough new roots, so the nest could safely be hung from it.
Besides, I still need the land for the pond and everything. =)

Yeah, you could get rich from pumpkins and it might be less disastrous for the environment as the avocado thing.

Why, it would spread their radioactive mushroom spores very well.
Yeah, there are some mushrooms that cannot be eaten raw.
No word about the lady tho, Al? Tsss.
Her enthusiasm was so nice to watch and her forest looked awesome.
It's unfortunate that she didn't put up very many videos and seems to have stopped doing so. =(

Oh, I did try to pick her up - and got the impression she didn't like it very much, so I didn't try again, thinking that either she doesn't like it (cat-less neighbor later demonstrated her shoulder cat-ness) or doesn't know me well enough yet.
She'd only just started sitting on me instead of next to me on the sofa when she got so sick. sad

Before, you could just right-click something and then choose "block image" or something. Now you have to click the adblock button and click "block element" and then choose something.

They die when I use them for biking a little too much, or when I go hiking.
When they get holes I save them and use them to shine my shoes or furniture.
Awh. Maybe you could perch them somewhere with a shadow so they don't get too hot.
There's a bunch of tutorials for bird nests made with paper or plastics in Youtube.

Then let's hope you'll end up finding a plot of land with a huge tree.
It's easier to make a huge artificial pond than to transplant a tree.

I dunno, I haven't investigated how much water pumpkins take to grow in comparison to avocados.

If the whole thing is full of cesium, then the spores would get destroyed when they touch the cold water.
Well, she's pretty and normal looking, but she also has a really nice knife. Also I subscribed and now you tell me she stopped cry

Oh yeah, she was probably wary of you at first. Cats that don't get many visitors are like that.

Awh, that's how it was on Chrome since forever, and they rolled it into Firefox.
Maybe you could find a past build of Adblock Plus and not let it upgrade.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

Ah, those are good uses for dead socks. I don't have that many shoes to shine, so usually I donate them for recycling.
Um, all of my roof gets too hot, I'm afraid. I would also get a box for bats to nest in, if I had a place to hang it. =(

Yeah, I hope so. First, money tree.

Oh, I didn't either. But I know avocados cause water-related problems somewhere in your country.

Ah, I didn't know it. Mushrooms need water to grow tho and yet they somehow manage to still contain cesium.
Well, I thought you'd notice? Her last videos were submitted three years ago. The discussion board and a visit to her site confirms what I suspected: she procreated and since then probably didn't have as much free time anymore. It looks like she's doing guided tours in her area tho.

Yeah, that's what I thought so I didn't force her. Still got to pet her and tickle her feeties after all. She made the funniest annoyed cat noises when I did the latter.

It probably makes sense for them to consolidate the code. I didn't mind it, I was just confused when I wanted to block something couldn't figure out right away why it wasn't working the way I expected it to. I'm adapting tho. :3

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie
Aldfridus

"she procreated and since then probably didn't have as much free time anymore."

Taken out of context, but as someone who is in the middle of procreating a second life form, this is a very true statement. XD

By the way, hey guys. =D I've been lurking the past couple of days. Wasn't sure I'd be able to join in on any conversations since my schedules have been so weird lately. Like I don't even get on the computer most days outside of work. However! I should be on a more normal schedule over the next few weeks, which means down time and a bit of computer time. Yay!

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
Anjoulie
Aldfridus

Taken out of context, but as someone who is in the middle of procreating a second life form, this is a very true statement. XD

By the way, hey guys. =D I've been lurking the past couple of days. Wasn't sure I'd be able to join in on any conversations since my schedules have been so weird lately. Like I don't even get on the computer most days outside of work. However! I should be on a more normal schedule over the next few weeks, which means down time and a bit of computer time. Yay!

Lily! We've been missing you! :3

Wah, now you probably think we're strange. eek ... well, if you didn't already.
Just to confirm this, I have the perfect background music to what your everyday seems to have been like:

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Ah, those are good uses for dead socks. I don't have that many shoes to shine, so usually I donate them for recycling.
Um, all of my roof gets too hot, I'm afraid. I would also get a box for bats to nest in, if I had a place to hang it. =(

Yeah, I hope so. First, money tree.

Oh, I didn't either. But I know avocados cause water-related problems somewhere in your country.

Ah, I didn't know it. Mushrooms need water to grow tho and yet they somehow manage to still contain cesium.
Well, I thought you'd notice? Her last videos were submitted three years ago. The discussion board and a visit to her site confirms what I suspected: she procreated and since then probably didn't have as much free time anymore. It looks like she's doing guided tours in her area tho.

Yeah, that's what I thought so I didn't force her. Still got to pet her and tickle her feeties after all. She made the funniest annoyed cat noises when I did the latter.

It probably makes sense for them to consolidate the code. I didn't mind it, I was just confused when I wanted to block something couldn't figure out right away why it wasn't working the way I expected it to. I'm adapting tho. :3

Well, you probably have a couple of pieces of furniture that might need a use of socks lol

Yeah, and we don't even get the good looking avocados.
And chumps everywhere else pay top money for our avocados.

Cesium explodes in cold water. But if we're being logical, they probably don't have
enough cesium to explode when in contact with cold water, or at least not on the surface.
Well, at least she's doing alright and might post videos in the future.

Awh, she was a ticklish cat. I wonder how you didn't end up mauled by her.

Yeah, it's better if it works the same on any other browser, but why would they make it worst? Probably money.

yuki_lily
Anjoulie

And you probably have even less time, taking care of baby Kit and your hubby and
all the other grown up stuff while having less energy than normal and a baby lump.

Also hey Lily <3

I have the same problem, I'm mostly at a computer, but almost never at my computer.
And the smartphone isn't really the best alternative at doing computers and stuff.

Just hop in at any time, we miss you!

Anjoulie
yuki_lily
Anjoulie
Aldfridus

Lily! We've been missing you! :3

Wah, now you probably think we're strange. eek ... well, if you didn't already.
Just to confirm this, I have the perfect background music to what your everyday seems to have been like:

No need to think about it when it's true.

Also:

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie

The link was pretty accurate. XD

It's just been super busy lately. I had another appointment today. I'm a lovely boring patient though, so it's like "Anything weird happening? Nope. Okay, see you in two weeks." But I'm in the end game for baby time. Due date is estimated between Oct 6th and 14th. Though is it sad that I'm looking forward to it because I'll have six weeks off work and I haven't had a one week vacation in over a year. I need to recharge my work batteries, even if it's with caring for a newborn.

Aldfridus

"Baby" Kit turns two Sept. 6th! =O We're having his birthday this Saturday. It's Pete the Cat themed (children's book that's really cute). There's gonna be cat decorations everywhere! I'm excited!

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

Ah, the furniture gets the "dad's old undershirts"-treatment.

The avocado thing really is a problem, which is part of why I don't eat them but they seem to be all the rage these days. I've also seen reports that other local crops, like quinoa, became less affordable for the local population since they became popular. (I think we discussed this some time ago.)
We get quite a lot of fruit from many far-off places and sometimes it's understandable, when it's things that don't grow here (although one could still debate whether it's necessary to buy them), but there's also e.g. pears and blueberries.
Usually, I avoid buying those but I do buy frozen fruit. For some odd reason, there doesn't seem to be a regulation that people have to print on the package where the fruit came from. I keep meaning to contact the producers to ask tho.

Why just cold water and not (luke)warm or hot?
The exploding shrooms now reminded me I'm pretty sure I've read a children's book that featured some kind of exploding creatures.
Yeah, I hope she'll return to posting videos. Her forest is so pretty. eek

I think she bit me once or so, then I figured out how long I could tickle her for until she'd get fed up. :3
I miss cats. =(

Do you think blocking things this way really is worse than it was before? What annoys me more is websites that require you to pause Adblock for them, then have ads that put an unnecessary burden on your system. One of the sites I go to for recipes does/did that. It took me a while to figure out that it was the animated crap they put over their ads (snowflakes in winter, daisies and ladybucks in spring and summer) that caused this. I've already got beef with them because they messed up their search tool when they made their site "more mobile friendly".

It seems many people aren't stopped by things such as "not my computer" or being on a smartphone. Whenever I happen to stumble into CB, I'm surprised anew by the amount of people who are posting there while they are at work or in class.

Ssshhh, don't tell her!

Hmmm, Banjos are somehow less nice than ukuleles. But I'm headached, maybe that makes a difference to my music tolerance.

yuki_lily

XD My parents went to see them recently. There are more videos of them on yt, one in which all eight of them play one ukulele.

Well, sometimes being boring is a good thing!
Strange, I would think that summer would be more of a slow time for that kind of business because in summer people would rather hang out outside instead of doing arts and crafts.
No vacation would be against the law here. (Not that it doesn't happen but officially, it's not legal.) People also get more maternity leave than that.
This may be a dumb question (and you don't have to answer it, if it's too intrusive) but how do you organize full-time work + small children?

Oh, aren't you celebrating the birthday early then? D:
Ooooh, children's books!

Feline Enchantress

yuki_lily
"Baby" Kit turns two Sept. 6th! =O We're having his birthday this Saturday. It's Pete the Cat themed (children's book that's really cute). There's gonna be cat decorations everywhere! I'm excited!

He's still a baby <3

Didn't know about that book, but the cat looks really chill.

I hope that everyone will enjoy the birthday party with Kit emotion_kirakira

Anjoulie
Aldfridus

Ah, the furniture gets the "dad's old undershirts"-treatment.

The avocado thing really is a problem, which is part of why I don't eat them but they seem to be all the rage these days. I've also seen reports that other local crops, like quinoa, became less affordable for the local population since they became popular. (I think we discussed this some time ago.)
We get quite a lot of fruit from many far-off places and sometimes it's understandable, when it's things that don't grow here (although one could still debate whether it's necessary to buy them), but there's also e.g. pears and blueberries.
Usually, I avoid buying those but I do buy frozen fruit. For some odd reason, there doesn't seem to be a regulation that people have to print on the package where the fruit came from. I keep meaning to contact the producers to ask tho.

Why just cold water and not (luke)warm or hot?
The exploding shrooms now reminded me I'm pretty sure I've read a children's book that featured some kind of exploding creatures.
Yeah, I hope she'll return to posting videos. Her forest is so pretty. eek

I think she bit me once or so, then I figured out how long I could tickle her for until she'd get fed up. :3
I miss cats. =(

Do you think blocking things this way really is worse than it was before? What annoys me more is websites that require you to pause Adblock for them, then have ads that put an unnecessary burden on your system. One of the sites I go to for recipes does/did that. It took me a while to figure out that it was the animated crap they put over their ads (snowflakes in winter, daisies and ladybucks in spring and summer) that caused this. I've already got beef with them because they messed up their search tool when they made their site "more mobile friendly".

It seems many people aren't stopped by things such as "not my computer" or being on a smartphone. Whenever I happen to stumble into CB, I'm surprised anew by the amount of people who are posting there while they are at work or in class.

Ssshhh, don't tell her!

I'd still recommend socks because you can wear them over your hands and stay focused on cleaning.

I don't like food trends that much. Everyone involved ends up making huge profits
but they leave a bunch of food that goes unsold and rots away, it's such a waste.
And as you said, other crops start to sell less than what they had planned ahead.
Well they come from trees, of course emotion_awesome

Something about hot water making mushrooms soggy and moving air bubbles out of the
mushroom's body, but you're right, they would probably explode if you look bad at them.

Maybe you can pet random cats around the neighborhood emotion_8c

It's way worse. You could block the ad from the server where they were hosted before,
now it mostly give you the option to block a macro from the website you're visiting, and it
doesn't show the URL of the actual add, so mostly end up blocking important stuff that
makes the website work and ******** it up, so you have to inspect the code and copy-paste it.

Those are the same people that probably get their passwords stolen because they
save them all in a computer file or don't close their sessions at public computers.

I wouldn't, but I already did and I can't time travel, yet.

Anjoulie
Hmmm, Banjos are somehow less nice than ukuleles. But I'm headached, maybe that makes a difference to my music tolerance.

gonk

I hope that opinion comes because of the headache, and that it went away quickly.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

Why would I want to be focused on cleaning? o.O

I don't like food trends either. Usually, stuff gets overpriced anyway and more often than not isn't even all that special. Like people are/were making a big thing out of chia seeds and acai berries but you can just as well eat linseed and blueberries, which can be grown here.
The avocados at the grocery store today were from Peru and Colombia btw.
Oh Al, I meant where the fruit for the frozen fruit were grown. gonk

The cold water/hot water thing was about the cesium. Why does it explode only in cold water?

I would, but people in my neighborhood are stupid and don't have cats. emotion_8c
I saw one around the block a while ago but he or she didn't want to come near enough to let me pet. sad
Stupid neighbors, stupid dogs, stupid cats, stupid ring, stupid quest ...

Interesting, I haven't encountered this yet. Perhaps I would end up thinking: "Well, if the site thinks it has to contain stuff I have to block, maybe it's not really worth visiting."
So many sites, so little time.

Oh I hadn't thought about passwords. I was thinking about why people weren't paying attention in class or spending their time at work ... with work?

If you figure out time travel, let me know. I got places to visit. And nuts to kick.

Nope, I'm afraid the banjo-dislike is genuine. Even though my head still feels wrong.
I vaguely remember a soundtrack with lots of banjo music but can't remember right now which one it was. (I was thinking Star Trek but looking up old Star Trek soundtracks was no success.)
What's so great about banjo music?

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Why would I want to be focused on cleaning? o.O

I don't like food trends either. Usually, stuff gets overpriced anyway and more often than not isn't even all that special. Like people are/were making a big thing out of chia seeds and acai berries but you can just as well eat linseed and blueberries, which can be grown here.
The avocados at the grocery store today were from Peru and Colombia btw.
Oh Al, I meant where the fruit for the frozen fruit were grown. gonk

The cold water/hot water thing was about the cesium. Why does it explode only in cold water?

I would, but people in my neighborhood are stupid and don't have cats. emotion_8c
I saw one around the block a while ago but he or she didn't want to come near enough to let me pet. sad
Stupid neighbors, stupid dogs, stupid cats, stupid ring, stupid quest ...

Interesting, I haven't encountered this yet. Perhaps I would end up thinking: "Well, if the site thinks it has to contain stuff I have to block, maybe it's not really worth visiting."
So many sites, so little time.

Oh I hadn't thought about passwords. I was thinking about why people weren't paying attention in class or spending their time at work ... with work?

If you figure out time travel, let me know. I got places to visit. And nuts to kick.

Nope, I'm afraid the banjo-dislike is genuine. Even though my head still feels wrong.
I vaguely remember a soundtrack with lots of banjo music but can't remember right now which one it was. (I was thinking Star Trek but looking up old Star Trek soundtracks was no success.)
What's so great about banjo music?

Well, in my case I like cleaning but I don't like cleaning for more than a couple of minutes,
so I have to set up everything to make myself clean everything I was intended to clean
at a particular moment. Like, setting up some podcast, or move everything out of the
furniture so I can clean everything fast, and not having to drop whatever cloth I'm using
to polish the furniture so I can keep doing it without a distraction like grabbing something
else. Cleaning is the only thing that I don't get frustrated about doing to completion because
the house isn't going to complain, and neither will the cats, and I don't have many visitors.

But still, anyone can use a little more focus on their daily or weekly tasks emotion_yatta

I agree, one can always eat another equivalent food, or mix others to achieve the same kind of nutritional values.
Well some of the fruit was probably grown on bushes! But most assuredly on a farm emotion_awesome

Ah, because cesium exploded on contact with air and warm water usually makes
air float away from dense bodies. Cold water could make the mushroom shrink
and bring the air inside closer to cesium-bearing particles and go boom-boom.
I would have to test it with an actual radioactive mushroom emotion_dowant

Yes, people in your neighborhood are kind of dumb for a whole variety of issues.
But don't fret, or you could end up dying because or arrow related wounds.

But some sites make some percentage of their revenue using ads, like Gaia, so I don't
block them, and besides their ads aren't annoying now. Those sites that have pop-up
ads and a bunch of other kinds of trickery deserve to have most of their ads blocked.

Well, if they are used to text using their smartphones, then I guess it's not such a hassle
to log in on a phone browser and keep posting on the forums. Also because procrastination.

But you can already time travel and go kicking some nuts. Just go to sleep and find those
people tomorrow, and kick them in the nuts. Use something to hide your identity, of course.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Banjos on Star Trek? I guess you're thinking about The Dukes of Hazzard.
Also banjos sound like tiny annoying harps and I like harps emotion_kirakira

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

Yeah, you're never really done with cleaning anyway because things keep getting dirty/dusty again, so that's kind of frustrating. Also when you simply can't do it to a satisfying level (like spots or stains you just can't remove). Probably my least favorite cleaning task is vacuuming because it's loud and unless there are lots of crumbs or something, there isn't much difference between before and after.
The cats would probably mind, if you didn't clean the litterbox often enough.
Speaking of cats and cleaning, this reminds me of two videos:
Cat in a shark costume chasing a duck while riding a roomba
Automatic cat litterbox for 500 $

Oh Al, I meant where the bushes grow that the fruit grew on. Today, I bought frozen raspberries and blueberries, and I also still have some strawberries (for the curious, frozen strawberries are only a good idea, if you don't mind them getting mushy after thawing). I'll try to remember checking the packaging for source info when they're empty.

It was a supermarket I don't often go to. So I noted in passing that they have store brand chips with three different colored kinds of potatoes. (Like these, just less expensive.) I was tempted but they weren't on my shopping list obviously, so I didn't buy them. But I made a mental note to put them on a future shopping list. :3

I would like to see that grant proposal. You're probably going to get an Ig-Nobel award for the study.

Haha, and I'm not even telling you half of the dumb things they do. Sometimes I feel like an alien watching specimen of humankind do foolish things. On a sidenote, have you ever watched people watch TV and thought how strange that must look to anyone who doesn't know what TV is?

Oh I know but the last time I didn't use Adblock on Gaia they had really annoying ads that I couldn't tolerate for more than three minutes. Also, people kept talking about how Gaia ads gave them viruses and such.

But it's still a distraction and not what they're getting paid for / what they paid for to learn.
I think it's been proven since that multitasking doesn't really work that way.
There was a comp sci prof who used to say to distracted students: "Look, if you're not interested, go to a coffeehouse or something." in a Viennese accent. One of my profs used to say to students he found chatting: "Back in my day, students who didn't pay attention would be knitting in class. At least that was soundless."

Yeah, but I need retroactive nut kicking.
(Is "skub" something I should be recognizing?)

I dunno, I could have sworn it was that Star Trek movie where they traveled back in time to the guy who would invent the warp drive. But it could have been something else entirely, my memory is failing atm.
So you like tiny annoying things? o.O

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie

I wouldn't say vacations are against the law, however, as a full time employee I only get 80hrs of paid vacation time (so pretty much two weeks). Any other requested time off would only be paid if put under Paid Time Off or Sick Pay. So I could have taken a vacation earlier in the year, but we needed the income, so taking a non-paid vacation would have put us behind on bills.

And maternity leave is very rare in the United States, unless you are working more of a salaried job. I'm hourly, full time, in a "right to work" state, so no maternity for me. I have a friend who was back to work two days after her daughter was born because her husband was out of work and she was their sole income at the time. It's unfortunate, but you make it work.

Not a dumb question or really intrusive. XD Though I am probably about to go into way too much detail, sorry in advance. I work roughly 7.5hrs a day, five days a week. So during that time my husband is child rearing Kit, then we share responsibilities when I'm off work, then it's just me when my husband works part time a few days a week in the evenings. There's pros and cons to this set up of course. We don't have nearly as much income coming in as we did before Kit was born when we both worked full time, which makes it nearly impossible to go on vacations and we have to save up for fun events. However, we have a pretty easy going kid who loves to spend time with us and we like spending time with him, so our current set up gives him the most time with both parents. And when we need a break, we have my in-laws about twenty minutes away and my mom about an hour away. And of course I make sure that my husband gets some time to hang out with his friends so he doesn't always have to be in 'dad-mode'.

The birthday party was early because I had to work the following weekend, but it was cute. We held it in the classroom at my work so my coworkers were stopping in to grab a snack and wish him a happy birthday. And the grandparents showed up and gave him books about cats. I'm not sure Kit really knew what was going on, but he got a stuffed plush of Pete the Cat and a cupcake, so he was one happy kid. XD

So I'm filling in for our framing manager while she's in Germany and she keeps showing pictures of museums and places she's going on Facebook and Instagram. I'm all "I want to go to there! Doesn't Anj live there? I'm gonna crash on her couch one day!" Nevermind that you might not live anywhere near where she's visiting, hehehe. =P

Aldfridus

Oh Pete the Cat is super chill and Kit is obsessed with him. Like we'll be in the car and he'll start yelling "cat cat!" and want us to recite the books. I think I could do that for like three of the books in my sleep. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff