Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Bloodsucker

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
do you guys have a back up for the original zomg incase the maintenance's already f u c k e d up?

Durem Hunter

21,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Bold Glow 150
zomg is my fave game in gaia online and it make me feel im playing RPG in gaia online and zomg is here i earn profit i gaia for item wink wink wink wink

Desirable Sex Symbol

11,325 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Athlete 50
username: anime_ginny
favorite memory: When i first started back in 2008

crying i remember i was in high school and it was me, my boyfriend, and and 4 of my best friends...
we would all skip class at the same time and sneak into the computer room and play at the same time.. we would also get on all at once late at night and play for hours!

We did all the quest together and even made our own clan.

The only reason i am on gaia is for zomg.. I have been waiting patiently for zomg to get back on.. now that i know it wont be back, i will be giving away my items and cancelling my account. rip zomg...

anyone feel free to PM me and i will give you something randomly.

hahah and to think every friday i would get about $50 worth of gaia cash, and just to give it all away... smh

Lonely Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Wild Wolf - Terry Bogard

Definitely killing the bosses are the memorable part whee

Invisible Hunter

*Username: Nereis
*Your best memory of zOMG: The first time I played zOMG during a holiday event! It was the Easter event in 2010, fighting together with everyone and helping each other against the boss was fantastic, and I was so excited when I managed to grab my Golden Egg! o/

Elfin Bard

38,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
*Username: Kaho_Mizuki

*Your best memory of zOMG: Getting together with all of my friends to take on the Bosses. That was always a lot of fun for me. My favourites were definitely Papa Saw and the Kokeshi Dolls.

Dangerous Creature

*Username
woodashes

*Your best memory of zOMG
When I first joined zOMG I bumped into this really grumpy gamer dude! And boy was he gruff. What is some gamer dude doing on zOMG- oh right, gaming.

Me: Total newbie and out of my depth and being side swept by quests.
Him: He completely doesn't care about anything in the game literally. I think its like doing household chores to him. He was mostly unimpressed by everything. Everything. Except for the ding dong crystal. That, he liked.

But what ended up happening was I needed help, he offered help, and he ended up being a sort of a mentor to me for the game. This is when the only kind of games I played was sushi-go-round (teenagers, see. sushi games.) and getting slaughtered amongst a bunch of sheep by some random dude in Runescape and then completely quitting the game after. I learned lots of in and outs about zOMG, suffered grinding (this was way before gaia decided to up the drop rate) and completed the entire game in record time. I barely had to refer to a guide—he was my guide in game, and also to certain things in my life (not that he was great guide there, but its the thought that counts).

He met his girlfriend in zOMG, and broke up, then decided to set me up with another kid he was helping around in game. It didn't quite work, but we are friends. Friends, I think.

Gamer dude disappeared one day from gaia. He never had a strong interest in it other than for zOMG. I don't think we would have been friends however briefly it was if not for zOMG. I picked up after him, and took my turn picking up random stranded newbies in zOMG. He unknowingly or knowingly helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life (and I'm not talking about in-game problems), stuck through it, and well. The game was sort of the background to other friends we met while working together towards end game and the things we talked about.

So, thank you, Botkiller, wherever you are. For showing me kindness and being the support I needed then, amongst many other things.

And introducing me to the ding dong crystal. That's important too, seeing as I mistook every single piece of null crystal for the ding dong crystal.

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks, zOMG. Goodbye, we'll miss you. And that horridly stupid gold beach soundtrack.

Fashionable Lunatic

*Username: Senari
*Your best memory of zOMG: Probably the time I convinced some kid that he needed to find Jimmy Hoffa in order to get some fictional quest.

It should be noted that this was only after he ignored at least several actual attempts at helping him do whatever it was he was trying to achieve, and I got frustrated with his lack of reading comprehension skills.

Cheering Friend

15,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
Username: CRs Literary Raven
Favorite Memory: Defeating the ZOMFGWTF for the first time.
I was just starting out on Zomg! and I was a level 3.0 at Bill's Ranch. One of the missions was to traverse the mountain and defeat the monster at the top. (This was before the addition of Dead Man's Shadow). I was having a tad of a difficult time by myself and then, when I was booted out of the Pass when I died, someone revived me. It was then that this level 4.5, a few others that were my level and needed the quest done, and I went up and defeated the monster together. It was so much fun discovering the game with other people instead of by myself and I made a few friends and while, unfortunately, I'm not still in contact with all of them, I had a lot of fun. In fact, it was this event that inspired me to go back to Bill' Ranch once in awhile and help lower levels out like that.

I'm sad that the game is being taken down forever. It was a large part of my earlier years of Gaia and it was also a good flow of gold.

Ugh, really? Can't believe you're taking it down... But, well, a contest's a contest, I guess.

* Demma
* My favourite memory is from when I started running the final instance of the time, which players then knew as shallow Sea (if they were farming) or End Boss. I had made a few acquaintances in earlier zones, and we all met up to run it together. When we got to the undersea ledge, one of these players got stuck on the pointy rocks. As we're all laughing and waiting for her to get unstuck, I told her something like "I told you not to play on those rocks! It's dangerous! Young lady get down from there this minute or you're grounded!! ):< ", to which she made a "But mooooom~" type of reply.
We all had a laugh, and the joke carried on throughout the instance. We became very good friends that night! We continued to play together and talk outside of game, and the joke carried on in out group of three that stayed together, with her calling me mom and me being overprotective and trying to marry her off to "good husbands" (aka any random party member who seemed like they could take a joke). To this day, years later, we still chat from time to time... And she still calls me Momma Dem. :')

I'm really disappointed that the game is being taken down. I'm not really surprised, as it hasn't received any content updates in ages, and it seems to be a very low priority, if not completely forgotten. It's too bad. I haven't played in a while, but I think it was much better than any of the other virtual hangouts, and actually played really well for such a low resource browser game. If you're setting it aside to prioritize more cash shop items, I think you're missing out on a really great product to monetize, Gaia... ):
Username: Aero Naga
Your best memory of zOMG: My best memory of zOMG was fighting all the different creatures in zOMG and seeing so many different one i loved the way you guys came up with there looks I'm going to miss playing zOMG

Feral Soldier

20,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Waffles! 25
My best memory of zomg was when you had it to play at this site..... very stupid decision gaia staff to do the lazy thing and not fix zomg!!

Kaho_chan's Senpai

Rare

Evil Emperor Ecchimaru
My favorite part of zOMG was all the friends I made during the years that I've played. Being a beta tester it's sad to see that zOMG has come to an end, and I implore that at least give us some closure. Even if that means allowing us to play on a bugged system.

Brainy Sex Symbol

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Username: Yuki Eiri Males
Your best memory of zOMG: How can I pick just one good memory? The fun monster designs and names? The sometimes silly quests? Fighting fluffs and garlic? The beautiful Japanese garden?

I guess one of the best memories was being in demand for the Sawmill. I was usually a solo player (or a duo team with my partner) and one day we decided to try the Sawmill again to level up. After a few times failing on our own, we were able to convince a few others to join us. We had so much fun and did so well, the crew immediately went back in for another round.

Throughout the next few months, after my partner and I worked on our quests for a while, we would go to the Sawmill and immediately be invited into a battle. I think some were intrigued by us because of our names and us traveling together. (We are anime/manga characters.) Others were probably surprised that those names had serious players behind them; our stats showed we meant business.

We have not played for at least a year now (finally got too difficult underwater with just the two of us) but I will always remember how much fun the Sawmill was to play with groups of strangers who were friends for those few minutes. It turned me into a team player and made me more comfortable accepting invites when I was out playing solo. I was able to help new people starting the game, too.

I will miss zOMG and am sad you were not able to kick-start it again.

Eternal Husband

11,515 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Username: Master Alaric Voranth

Best Memory of zOMG!: My best memories was meeting my beautiful fiance in Barton Town and the two of us teamed up and defeated the OMGWTF. It made me so happy to see her joy at completing that boss quest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff