Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd choose between Final Fantasy 7 or X. FFX has great graphics and storyline, and the characters are cool. Cool summoning and Blitzball stuffz.I also like the spheregrid system ^_^ . I like FF7 too though, it has kinda worse graphics sweatdrop but it also has a very nice storyline. Ive played every single ff game, and i think these two games stand out. I don't really like the really modern final fantasy games, I like to stay FFX-2 and under xd .

ninja
YakuzaGirl_82
Hi, my FF is the 7 because have Sephirot and another impresionant people. FF7 have the greatest history of all and it the change 2D to 3D.
Now, in PS3, Sony convert the old FF7 with poor graphics into a cool and new FF7.
It was be phantastic cool
Which Final Fantasy is your favorite? Final Fantasy X
Why do you like it so much? I love the story & characters - I think it is the most 'involving' of all the Final Fantasy games I've played. And the characters are the easiest to relate to. I also like the Lvl Up system.
When did it Become your favorite? About a week after I started playing it so...2-3 years ago? Gawd my memory...
Was it always your favorite, or did it displace another? My favourite before that was Final Fantasy 8. I still love 8, but 10 just has that little bit extra for me. I could play it over and over again. And I have.
FFX
partly because it's one of the 3 FF games i've played lol, alittle to linear but altogether great game...
Good storyline and characters too

Fashionable Gekko

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Which Final Fantasy is your favorite? FFX
Why do you like it so much? Just so amazing, lovely graphics, nice story, cool summons, Lulu and Rikku are kickass
When did it Become your favorite? Just a couple of days ago, when I deleted some data from my ps2 memory card and started playing it properly
Was it always your favorite, or did it displace another? I didn't really play much FF before, I do own 2 GBA FF games but I never got much into them. I always wanted to play FF7 though.
FFVII IS HANDS DOWN THE GREATEST FINAL FANTASY MADE. PEOPLE PLAY RPG'S FOR ITS STORY AND THIS GAME HAS ONE THAT WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER. BE HONEST EVERYONE WANTS TO GET THERE HANDS ON A REMAKE AND THATS PROOF OF ITS SUCCESS. PERIOD!!!!! burning_eyes
I would have to say that final fantasy 7 is by far my favorite. The story line is intriguing, the game play was beautiful. i simply love cloud he is a bad mamba jamba in ever way possible. 7 wasnt always my favorite it used to be final fantasy 3 but that was only because i had never played 7 before but within the first hour it took my head and my heart and took it for a spin. i will forever argue that final fantasy 7 was and still is the greatest game ever made. i have never played another game that has topped it i have had games come close but never tie or surpass. and i mean i will argue this point for all eternity.
Final Fantasy 6 was easily my favorite. It was just so brilliant!!!! Kefka, magitek, war....GAH!!!!!
My favorite FF game...Well I've played (going with Japanese numbering here) I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII. Out of those IV, VIII, and XII are my favorites. IV has a wonderful and sweet storyline and you can't help but love Kain! VIII has Seifer, one of my favorite FF characters of all time and has an interesting storyline. XII. OMG XII. So different in the FF line but still amazing. Overall I think IV would be my favorite.
YES!!! Four rules!!!!!!!!!!!! VWEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
Theres three that will always stick out for me and here they are in order.

3. Final Fantasy Tactics
I got this game about a month after playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time, the customization of the characters is just plain awesome. The battle system was engaging and challenging, it was fun and all the classes had their own little role and flare to them that made them all unique. The story was one of the best out of all the Final Fantasies period in my opinion. There were a lot of hidden and extra tid bits to keep me playing. This is certainly the game that got me into the Final Fantasy series, if it were for this title I wouldn't be on this forum now.

2. Final Fantasy VII
For the longest time this game was my all time favorite in the Final Fantasy series. This was the first FF game I played, but when I first played it I didn't like it. It was the first game I ever played with a turn based system and my first RPG so it was different from what I usually played. But after playing Tactics, I gave VII another try and loved it. The materia system allowed me to build my characters the way I wanted to, and for me customization in RPGs is a very important factor. The limit breaks were fun to use and watch, many of the abilities were fun to use and watch. I liked how some parts in the game allowed me to effect outcomes by making certain decisions (like the rescuing Tifa at the Wall Market, that was funny being picked xd ), which made me feel as though I really was playing the role of the character and not just pogressing in a story. The story was good, I don't really play video games for just the story, but it kept me entertained. The cinematics were awesome for the time they came out. This was my favorite Final Fantasy for years, and not just my favorite FF, but one of my favorite games, but it eventually became dethroned, but I still play it and still love it. Which of course now leads me too......

1. Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics was the game that really got me into the series, and when the staff of the Ivalic alliance was assembled to make a Final Fantasy for the main series, I just about creamed my pants. I finally bought the game (after waiting for the price to drop), and I have had nothing but fun with it. Again, I can develop the characters in anyway I want and that type of customization is something I go crazy over playing RPGs. The licence system was a neat system that reminded me of the sphere system, and I liked the sphere system, but I wasn't nearly as confined with licences as I was with spheres. I used to love turn based RPGs since many are like that, but in the last three years I have been swaying away from turn based and getting into real time and action oriented systems and with the new battle system for XII I was completely hooked. Having new summons I must admit was a breath of fresh air, don't get me wrong I love the old ones, they are classics, but a new change of pace is always a nice thing. Also their major attacks are some of the coolest summon spell animation I have ever seen in Final Fantasy. The characters are cool, Basche and Balthier are now two of my all time favorites ,and Gabranth is one of the coolest villians in an RPG in my opinion, and it always sets the mood when he walks in the room and they play that one tune. The story is fairly good, the cutscenes were exciting to watch, and the music really sets the mood.
Final Fantasy 7. It was my first role playing game and i started playing it when i was in third grade and...i feel in RPG after that. Too me everything is beautiful about it and the game its self is mysterious..like when it ended..i felt that therehad to be more..so much was not uncovered..everything about it was great heart Even tho i play it all the time and master everything at the end it sadens me because i dont want it to end..at the end it feels like if i lost s friend. XD!
I've played (though not always finished) VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII.

Out of all of these, my absolute favorite is XII. I love the battle system, I love the places, the world, the quests... *rantrant* The character and story development could use a little more work, but I really love the game for its sheer non-linearity and its world. Real-time battle and gambit system is also lots of fun, especially when you start getting creative or are forced to resort to constant blasts of Scathe to mow down the enemies around you.

After that... IX. I thought the graphics system and the characters were just adorable, and the abilities/equipment system worked really well for me. The storyline was interesting and engaging, and one of the only things I wish could have been added to the game was a No Encounters accessory.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by how many people liked X. >.> It was the first FF game I played, but I didn't really like it as much as I liked most of the others.
Reinna Astarel
I've played (though not always finished) VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII.

Out of all of these, my absolute favorite is XII. I love the battle system, I love the places, the world, the quests... *rantrant* The character and story development could use a little more work, but I really love the game for its sheer non-linearity and its world. Real-time battle and gambit system is also lots of fun, especially when you start getting creative or are forced to resort to constant blasts of Scathe to mow down the enemies around you.

After that... IX. I thought the graphics system and the characters were just adorable, and the abilities/equipment system worked really well for me. The storyline was interesting and engaging, and one of the only things I wish could have been added to the game was a No Encounters accessory.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by how many people liked X. >.> It was the first FF game I played, but I didn't really like it as much as I liked most of the others.

I totally agree with your opinions on X and XII
(although VIII remains my fav)
Well, I always seem to be in the minority on this but......Final Fantasy 8 was my favorite, by far. A lot of series fans didn't like certain things about it; the magic system, the main character and such, but I loved everything about Final Fantasy 8, and think it was one of the most absorbing games I've ever played. The story, characters and world were what really made it for me; I loved each character to death, and really cared about what was going to happen to them. They all felt so human, and I got to feel like I really knew them. Each of them was so interesting that I could've played through an entire game just about a single one of them. The story itself was so in depth, so full of excitement and emotion and amazing events on both epic and personal levels, and the world itself felt so alive. I've rarely felt so fascinated by a story, and even among all the great stories in the FF series, this one really stands out to me. And, yes, I honestly loved the draw and junction systems. Lots of people hate them, I know, but they weren't broken or poorly designed; they were just different, and very in-depth. Likewise, I love the skill-building system with the GFs, and all the little intricacies of battles, right down to building your weapons instead of just buying them. Many disagree with me, but I this was my favorite of the series, without a doubt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff