We want you to have the most amount of fun playing Summer Springs and sometimes that means you might need some help. We've created these FAQ pages to help you get the most out of the game.
The information below is based on real-life questions from other players like you, so please check to see if it's been addressed here before seeking personalized help. If you don't find what you're looking for, you can contact us using the contact customer support link below! Thanks and have fun!

==========================================

Got a question about Summer Springs Items, Purchases, and Gifting? Click Here

Can I name my town?
Yes, but currently you can only name your town during the Tutorial. Right after you take a snapshot of the town a pop up with the title “Name Your Town” will appear, giving you the opportunity to Name your Town and then Share the News.

Want more Summer Springs friends so that you can help each other? (Can't we all use more friends? heart ) Click here

Having a technical issue/glitch with the game? IE: something isn't working correctly any longer. Post details here

What is the difference between the Premium Starter Set and the Basic Starter Set?
The Premium Starter Set starts the user off with a boost of special items, gold, and cash for a discounted price. It’s a great deal! The Basic Starter Set, on the other hand, is the free option with the standard items, gold, and cash.

Where can I check my experience/level?
To see how much experience you have, or what your current level is, look in the upper left hand corner of the screen for the LV/EXP bar. You will be able to see what level you are at easily, and if you hover your mouse over the bar, you can see how much experience you have, and how much more you need to reach the next level in game!

I've harvested some crops and gathered some goods. Now what?
Great question! Once you harvest or collect products from your Town, they are automatically sent to your Storage, which can be accessed from the bottom menu. All the items that you've collected are saved here until they're sold; they won't spoil while they're in storage! Simply select the quantity you wish to sell and press SELL -- don't worry, there's a confirmation window in case you change your mind. biggrin

Who are these people walking around my town?
These are your villagers, the inhabitants of your town. They'll interact with you and sometimes ask for your assistance in quests in exchange for rewards. Aside from Tom, Lena, and Uncle Buzz, you can collect all sorts of interesting characters. Some villagers accompany quests, while others only appear when certain conditions are met. They sure are a pleasure to have around!

What is 'Happiness'?
Happiness is a general measure of our town's success. Every item in Summer Springs has an amount of Happiness, which is represented by the sun symbol. Place more decoration items in your village and watch your Happiness increase! Stables or factories that produce goods require and use Happiness in order to be built. Town plots also use some of your total spare Happiness. Don't forget to also monitor your villagers -- when they're unhappy, they will also affect your Happiness meter.

How can I tell how much happiness I have?
You can tell how much happiness you have by looking at the happiness bar in the upper left hand side of the screen - it's the meter with the little sun on it!

How do I increase my happiness?
Every item in Summer Springs has a quantity of Happiness associated with it. Placing more decorations from the Shop in your town will increase your Maximum Happiness, as well as your available Happiness, which can be used to obtain more stables and factories.

What happens if I don't have enough happiness?
This is often the case when one attempts to place a stable or factory but one doesn’t have enough happiness available. If your available happiness (the difference between your Maximum and Used Happiness) is too low, you will not be able to build additional stables or factories. Your Used Happiness cannot exceed your Maximum Happiness. Place more decorations to increase your Maximum Happiness, which will consequently increase your available happiness.

How can I tell how much gold I have?
Checking your gold is easy! Just look in the upper right hand side of your screen and locate the meter bar with the golden coin icon on it. The number on the meter is the amount of gold you currently have!

How do I earn gold?
There are lots of ways you can earn gold! You can earn gold by selling crops, livestock products, and manufactured goods! You can also earn gold by completing quests!

How can I tell how much cash I have?
Checking the amount of cash you have is simple! Just look in the upper right-hand side of your screen and locate the meter bar with the dollars icon on it. The number on the meter is the amount of cash you currently have!

How can I add more cash?
You can purchase more game cash by buying it with Facebook credits. Just click the "Charge" button under the cash meter icon, or click the "Add Cash" tab at the top of the game page. Please know that cash costs real world currency, but it can really enhance your game experience!

How do I harvest a crop?
If you want to harvest a crop, no worries - it is a super easy process! Just click on the crop that is ready to be harvested and it will be harvested. Simple! If a crop is not quite ready to be harvested, you'll be shown a count-down timer that shows you how much time is remaining before it can be harvested. Different crops take different amounts of time to grow, so plant accordingly!

How do I upgrade my house?
To upgrade your house, you just have to click on it to start the process. Once there, you can see how much gold and what level you need to be at in order to successfully upgrade. If you have the gold, and are at the proper level or above, click the "Upgrade" button to complete the renovations!

How do I take a snapshot of my Town to share with friends?
Snapshots are fun ways to share your Town with friends! Just click on the small camera icon on the right-hand side of the page.

What is my Diary?
Your Diary is the place that records your finished quests, stores your snapshots, and let's you see all the progress you've made in game.

How do I access my Diary?
You can access your Dairy by clicking on the "Bookmark" icon located in the upper-middle section of the page.

How do I grow crops?
Growing crops is simple! If you want to grow crops, take the following steps:
1) Click on the "Shop" icon.
2) Select the desired crop.
3) Click on an available plot to plant the seeds.
4) After planting the seeds, click on the plot to water the seeds.
5) When the plant is ready to harvest, click on it!

A quest requires me to harvest a crop, but it didn't complete the quest requirement. What do I do?
Try selling the crop! That should do the trick. The game is in beta, so there are a couple of oddities. If you're still unable to complete a quest, contact us using the Support Form.

Something happened and I wasn't able to put down a bonus crop plot! What do I do to get it back?

1) Click on the Shop Icon
2) Choose any crop
3) When the map reappears move the cursor to the place you want the new plot to be placed and left click
4) Your new plot should appear.

How do I care for animals?
Caring for animals is fun and easy! To care for your animals, take the following steps:
2) Select the desired stable from the Animal menu.
3) Select an available land plot on which to construct the stable.
4) Feed the animal by clicking on the stable. This can only be done if you have the food in your inventory. If not, you'll have to get the right food item before you can feed your animal!
5) When the animal products are ready, click on the animal to collect them!

Note: Your stable must be clean in order for your animals to produce items! If it is unclean, you'll see a broom icon above the stable Simply click the broom icon to clean the stable, and then you can get to making items!

How do I manufacture goods?
2) Select the desired shop or factory from the Shop menu.
3) Select an available land plot on which to construct the shop or factory.
4) If you have the right materials, click the factory to begin production.
5) When the products are easy, click on the shop or factory to collect them!
6) At any time, you can hover your mouse over the shop or factory to see if you have all the ingredients you need to manufacture the item, how much time is left in the manufacturing process, etc.

Note: Your shop or factory must be clean in order to manufacture an item! If it is unclean, you'll see a broom icon above the shop or factory. Simply click the broom icon to clean the space, and then you can get to manufacturing!

How do I buy items from the shop?
You can buy items simply by clicking on "Shop" icon at the bottom of the page. This will open the "Shops" options, and you can then click on the tab of the specific shop you want to go to to get the items you need. For example, if you need to buy crops, you'd click on the "Crops" tab. Check out the various shops for all the fabulous items, and keep an eye out for updates!

How do I check items in my storage?
To check the items you have in your storage you just have to click the 'Storage" icon (the littel shed) located at the bottom of the screen. Clicking this icon will open your inventory and show you what items you currently own.

How do I move an item in my Town?
If you want to re-position an item in your Town, no worries! To move an item, you just have to click on the "Edit" icon (looks like an X with arrows on the ends!) at the bottom of the page. You can then move the item to an available location on your land.

How do I rotate an item?
If you want to rotate an item in your Town, it's simple to do! To rotate an item, you just have to click on the "Edit" icon (looks like an X with arrows on the ends!) at the bottom of the page. Once this icon is selected, hover your mouse over the item you want to rotate until the "Rotate" icon (a small yellow box with arrows in it) appears. Once this appears, click on the item and it will be rotated to face a different direction.

I'm running out of space in my town! How do I expand my town?
Simple! Click on the Item Shop in the bottom menu and select the ‘Land’ tab, OR you can click on the "Expand Your Town" arrows around your town. The next map size that you can expand to will automatically be the first option available in the menu. *Note: Some map expansions have additional conditions; aside from the required gold or cash, they may include a specific number of friends or villagers.

What is the Happy Harvest Bonus? How do I get it?
Increase the number of villagers in your town to increase your chances at getting the Happy Harvest Bonus! This bonus grants you an extra crop for being diligent in your chores around the farm. Any Happy Harvest Bonuses can be found in your Storage.

What is a Wither Time Bonus?
Protect your plants from withering! Invest in Happiness by placing decorations from the Happiness tab in your town, which, in turn, will prevent your crops from spoiling! Happier? Less spoilage? Great!

Why can’t I access the Market?
The Market is only available to users who are at least Level 5. Start leveling and you’ll be able to sell items to other users for a nice profit!

Why can’t I use the Inventory?
The Inventory is available to users who are at least Level 10. You can use the chest icon in the bottom menu to access it and store items. If you need more space, visit the Specials tab in the Shop. You can purchase additional slots as needed.

I'm visiting my friend's town, but what are these sun icons?
The sun icons in your friend’s towns are click points. Click on these sun icons and receive bonuses daily!

What do I do with this Diary function?
Whenever you reach certain milestones in the game, this event will be recorded in your Diary. It’s a great way to keep track of all the progress that you’ve made and the memories!

Why should I play this game with friends?
Friends can send you special items and unlock other game features for you. You can help each other out with gifts and share rewards as well. It’s a win-win!

How do I track my quest progress?
You can check your quest progress by clicking on the picture of the person who gave you the quest on the left side of the screen.

How do I know when I have a new quest?
When you get a new quest a new portrait of one of the townsfolk will pop up on the side of the screen.

How can I tell if I have all the ingredients to make an item?
When you hover your mouse over a shop it will tell you what ingredients are needed in order to make an item. If an item is gray you do not currently have that item in your storage.

I'm getting a blinking error message whenever I do an action in the game. What do I do now?
Try refreshing the game in your browser. Please note that opening the game in multiple windows/tabs/browsers/computers at the same time will only multiply this issue. If this doesn't solve your problem, please contact us.

Have general questions about Gaia?

1) Go to the Gaia Online Help Center
2)Try searching for the topic you're interested in, using the Search box to the top-left of here.
3) Browse through our knowledgebase by clicking on the "FAQ/HELP" link at the bottom of every Gaia page. The "How To..." section has tons of info.
4) Ask in the Questions & Assistance Forum. Other helpful Gaians will likely give you a fast response!

See a questionable or offensive post?
Click on the "report a post/report a thread" button above the specific post.

Forum problems?
You should contact a forum moderator. Click the "View Forum Moderators" link at the top of the forum where you need help.

Need to report a PM (Private Message)?
You can do so by clicking the "Report " link that appears at the top of each Private Message. Remember, real Gaia staff will NEVER ask you for your password! (but phishers who want access to your account do, so don’t fall for it)

Contacting Customer Support

Unfortunately we have shut down Summer Springs. Thank you for your support.

Please note that our response will be sent to your Facebook account's email address, so make sure you have access to it (you'd be surprised how many bounce-backs we get daily). Lastly, support is provided in English only and we can help resolve your issue faster if we get a very detailed description of the issue.

To help you provide all the details we'll need, please copy/paste the following text into the support form and add your answers below each question.

• Which browser and version # are you using? Important: provide version # too (typically from the browser’s Help menu, then About ___).

• What’s happened EXACTLY and what was the error message/number?

• For trouble-shooting purposes, can you try the game with another Facebook account on the same computer? (create a test Facebook account if you don’t have one to test with)

• Again for trouble-shooting purposes, can you see if the same issue happens with another browser? Almost all Windows computers have Internet Explorer built-in and Firefox is free at www.mozilla.org

• What version of Flash do you have installed? Your Flash version must be 10 or higher in order to avoid unexpected issues. You can check your version typically by going to Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs and looking for Adobe Flash Player xx.

•Do you have a similar issue playing other Flash-based games on Facebook?