Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Seeker

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Story Derived From: Resident Evil and Assassin's Creed.

Type: Crossover.

Rated: Teen-Mature for later potentially violent combat scenes.

Pairings: Unknown, with the exception of the typical ones. For example; Chris and Jill.

Summary: Imagine a world where Assassins lurked through history, Templars fighting them back and forth for control.. now imagine that very world with zombies at the center, a greed-filled company and a blonde tyrant wild with power.. plus a few 'freedom fighters' facing against these 'villains'. Meet Resident Creed.

So awhile back, a year or so back, I don't even remember how long, a funny concept crossed my mind that kind of made me actually think once I began to consider it. Heck, how could it be done? Would it even work? Would it make sense? Have can you fuse Resident Evil and Assassin's Creed, let alone make it WORK. Well. I've discovered an interesting way, one that makes the story flow in both aspects and worlds. I thought at first.. nah, this couldn't work, it would just be.. too strange, too weird, but as I delved into it a bit more during the first two months of the idea I felt something click. Hey, maybe this could work. It'd be interesting to see how the characters from RE would respond in a AC modern scenario, if just for the giggles. As I began to start writing this I realized just how fun it was to try to create this in a way to make both situations work in a puzzle-fit blend. I love both stories and want to do them as much justice as I can so if something is inaccurate or whatnot feel free to point it out. I would love the opinions!

As I've told others I don't quite know how far I'll take this story and if it'll ever be completed. It's just fun to tinker with. If you enjoy it, awesome. If not, understandable. If you wanna help with the story, that'd be totally awesome, just contact me. Any questions, feel free to ask. I don't own Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, the characters the places, anything. I don't really even own anything in this with the exception of various OCs I may craft to fit in (like Templar lackeys and whatnot). Anything anyone else creates for this story is owned by them as they are the respective owner.

The genre of this story is defined as 'horror adventure' as it takes an aspect from each story. Horror from RE and adventure from AC. It's technically a considered a 'crossover'.

Without further adieu, I tip my hat and we start the show. Posts will vary with real life schedule. If you're interested and you want more, just pester me until I post, haha. Thanks. Enjoy!

Hilarious Seeker

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Chapter 1: The Beginning.

Year Unknown.

In order to properly start you off you must first know how it all began, the prelude to such a grand scheme that came into fruition. Our story takes off on a rocky ledge in the mountains of the Appalachian in the great state of Pennsylvania. The tall peak behind gave the scene a gruesome shadow while the falling snow of winter blew about. A lonesome couple stood on this ledge, their bodies shrouded in full climbing gear, backs fitted with packs and feet decked in thick boots. Goggled eyes peered out into the horizon, light hues scanning the beautiful scenery. It was gorgeous up here.

It was a year before they wanted to conceive their third child, they had decided on this.. but at the moment that wasn't important. This couple lived in London, Great Britain, and were currently exploring the mountains after having it suggested by a colleague as time to relax and enjoy being together. The weather, of course, was a minor setback at first but as they arrived at the base it was quite a thrill to climb it afterward. The nippy air pushed the adrenaline to a new height, stirring them both to do their very best. The couple did everything together, a married pair they were, and mountain climbing was nothing new.

They found themselves on a ledge, taking a break.. but suddenly the mountain rumbled, alerting them that something was very wrong. They turned to peer up the mountain.. they were greeted by a frightening sight.. one that would wipe them away completely in one fell swoop. Avalanche.

Back home in London their youngest son was practicing his studies, tapping his pencil against his desk in boredom. Oh how he missed his parents. He always worried when they left him there, off on another adventure while he was stuck back at the mansion with his two butlers, four servants, a chef and two maids, along with his tutor, who looked bored out of his mind as well. "Perhaps we can make dinner?" The young twelve year old asked with a slight smile. The tutor returned it and the pair moved to the kitchen to help the chef prepare something to eat.

A worried little boy, you might think he was, but beneath this emotion, beneath the concern, the wonder, lurked something worse, a demon, a view on the world that his parents helped shape. What you don't know will be revealed to you soon, the legacy that sprouts like a garden full of snakes. Evil comes in the unexpected places.. and our bad intentions start with this boy.. and his parents teaching.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Year Unknown.

It has been four years since the week his parents never returned. He grieved, he stayed up recounting his memories, searching for hope, but none ever came. He was informed, two months after they left, that a reported avalanche hit the area they were in and had likely buried them. A team would be sent in to search for their remains and bring them home, but it would take time. Time indeed. Four months of excavating and they were discovered a bit toward the base, having been dragged down a good ways. Dug up and wrapped in sheets the bodies were safely returned to London for a proper burial. 4000 people attended. His father was a very.. respected and well known man. He was in some kind of group, but he had chosen to keep his son out of it until he was older and could decide for himself; join or lead a normal life.

The young boy never touched his father's things until he turned 16, his current age. He could understand what the stuff meant if he read it, he figured. His father's study was of access if one knew the codes.. which of course he did. The door parted before the eager lad as he strolled inside and began to rifle through the stuff. One word constantly jumped out at him, lifting his heart and forcing his mind to churn in curiosity. What did it mean? Why had it been of significance to his father? Why was it on every single page, somewhere in the context of the paragraphs?

These question caused him to peer closer, his mind aching to sate these unanswered nuisances. What was a Templar?

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Ah, that word. Indeed.. what was a Templar? Well to explain.. Knights Templar (Order of the Temple or simply Templars), as most believe, were an organization of powerful people who were a Christian military 'order' during the Middle Ages. They were more than just this. They were people of influence, people of high standing, royalty, nobility, citizens of great and lesser nations. They were a chain, the link of the world who sought order, purpose.. control. Of course to counter such a group you had a rather.. crafty 'league' that fought tooth and nail with the Templars. We call this group the Assassins.. or The Brotherhood. They wanted peace, freedom and knowledge. Throughout history these two sides have clashed in various forms, like night and day. Through war, power, countries, land, paper, blood and at sea. The fight would never end. Thus brings you up to speed, mostly. But there are a few things I'm forgetting to clarify. Each side has a motto, rules and a stained legacy.

The Assassins believe that nothing is true, everything is permitted.. while the Templars had technically two: 'May the Father of Understanding guide us' and 'Not to us God, not to us, but to Your Name Give Glory'. The Assassins had three rules that all had to abide by. The first was to stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent. This meant don't kill unnecessarily. The second was to hide in plain sight, be one with the crowd. It is easy to detect a watcher from a corner than it is to spot that same watcher in a cluster of people. The third and final was to never compromise the Brotherhood. The Templar, on the other hand, did as they wished so long as they didn't betray their brothers, the order and their goal. Quite a lot of blood was shed in the struggle between these two rivals.. Thousands of deaths, many wars. A battle across time, the stories scream out.

Some notable figures you'd recognize as leaders, people of standing, were among this war. The Templars had Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Genghis Khan, Silvestro Sabbatini, Ivan Ivanovich of Russia, John Wilkes Booth, Enrich Albert, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Bartholomew Roberts, Cesare Borgia, Haytham Kenway, Reginald Birch, Charles Lee and far many others. A few notable Assassins include Altair lbn-La'Ahad, Ezio Auditore de Firenze, Connor Kenway, Edward Kenway, Aveline de Grandpre and Achilles Davenport.

Year Unknown.

The young lad was now a grown man, the ripe age of 18. He had finished his youthful schooling a year prior and was now diving into university. He had no specific one in mind and so enrolled at the place his father went to; Harvard. It seemed well liked.. and the payment was no problem. He had control of the estate now that he was of age.

He heard news that his only sibling was coming home soon. He didn't have much of a relationship with his brother. Thomas was a very distant sibling who had been away for a long time. He was a much older man who was in his early thirties. He had been off with an associate of their father, tending to business that this younger sibling secretly knew equated to 'Templar matters'. Deep down he wanted to be in on this order.. and that was why his brother was coming home. He was going to talk with him and also go through their father's stuff to locate a few files he needed.

The doorbell rang on the 9th of September, the Fall air semi-chilly and pleasant. Footsteps could be heard racing through the upper halls, moving down the steps and toward the front double doors, which were thrown open to greet the arrived presence. His brother stood before him, shrouded in a cloak, hand clutching his side. He collapsed onto his knees before his kid brother, head hung down as he breathed raggedly. "Thomas?!" Instead of a hello this was what sprang from the young man's lips, almost a shriek or a light yell. He rushed to his brother's side, using his arms to support him as he lifted the taller man and practically dragged him inside, into the lobby. He set the man onto the couch, making sure he was properly seated before turning to call for the servants.

As he turned a flash of red caught his eye.. and he glanced down to the source.. to find blood coating his hand, a gasp escaping at this dreadful sight. He had never touched someone else's blood.. it felt warm on his palm, dripping from his fingertips. "Help! Thomas is hurt!" The servants flocked to the room, taking over the situation. They tended to the man, tearing the clothes away when they couldn't simply pull it off. One of the butlers had practice in the area of medicine and took control of fixing the wound; a ragged open slice in the man's side. He had never seen so much blood before. It slid down the couch to pool on the floor, the carpet.. anything it touched was soaked and stained.

"I'm losing him!" The butler cried out and one of the maids rushed off, sobs trailing after her. That was the day he lost Thomas.. and on that day.. made the biggest decision of his life. He took up his father's work... carried his brother's weight.. and became a Templar.

Hilarious Seeker

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Chapter 2: Birth of the Prodigy.

Year Unknown.

It has been 2 years since he took over for his father and brother. This young aristocrat worked his way into the organization, the Templar Order, and was indoctrinated in the spring of his 20th year. A meeting was held in May to welcome their brother in arms fully in to the group.. and there was where this young man met his two closest allies. These two young men were like-minded and shared his growing views. Edward Ashford was a brilliant student who attended a university, seeking to be some sort of doctor.. James Marcus, on the other hand, sought to be a professor. The trio were clever men and would easily achieve their dreams.

Edward was an only child. He relished in his freedom outwardly, but he longed for a sibling to rough house with. Marcus had a younger sister, but she was.. only a toddler, not meant for playing with at her age. Edward's father Arthur was a very.. distant man.

The second meeting they held was in the summer. There it was revealed to this 20 year old that his father had held the highest position, Grand Master.. and Arthur, who'd been temporarily holding the position until the boy was old enough, said he was to pass it on to him. After submerging deeply into the Templar work he was granted that very position the following year, in February. Within another four years he graduated Harvard with two degrees.

An infant's cry radiated through the small medical room, slipping out the door to echo down the halls. Their son was born. Maria was elated to finally have him, to hold him in her arms.. but her husband, Richard, wasn't so happy. He wasn't particularly fond of children and the fact that his wife had lied about taking the birth control pill that drunken night brought all this on; she had wanted a child. Now she had one. She wouldn't let him talk her into an abortion during the pregnancy. This was a child, not some toy to throw away!

She smiled as she pulled the blanket firmly over the child's body.. kissing the forehead while a finger brushed aside a few small locks of blonde hair. "Have you a name for the little fella?" Her Irish doctor asked, a cheeky grin on his pale face. She nodded, peering down at her son.

"His name shall be Albert.. Albert Wesker."

The father rolled his eyes, turning to head outside to their car in the side parking lot where he had beer in the trunk. Richard was an alcoholic.. and an abusive husband.

This young man was now almost 31 years old. Edward, Marcus and him spent a lot of time together, shaping each other in ways that only friendship could. They were all loners by nature, high intelligence leading them to be isolated from their peers. How could growing males make friends with people who weren't as smart as they were and judged them because of this superiority? It was why they connected. They were on a level playing field.

Eager for separation from the family estate, which was becoming quite the hassle, he commissioned a European-style mansion to be constructed in the Arklay Mountains, deep within Raccoon Forest (just on the outskirts of Raccoon City), located in the American Midwest. For this project he selected George Trevor, a respected architect from New York. The structure was to be a smaller version of the Spencer Estate back home. It would take many years before this project would be completed.. but oh what he had in store for it was marvelous.

The trio decided to go on a trip, to an area his dead father had discovered before him. There was said to be a rare flower there.. and because it was prized it was kept a secret. Only reason he knew of it was because he had read his father's diary. His father had found this through the literature called 'Natural History Conspectus', a 72-volume collection Henry Travis had compiled in the 1800s. This flower, the 'Stairway to the Sun', was believed to have granted superhuman strength to the Ndipaya tribe kings. By now Marcus had become a biochemist and this flower caught his interest when his friend told him about it. Edward, on the other hand, was skeptical.

To Africa they went.. and Marcus brought one of his students, Brandon Bailey, and a few armed guards were to accompany them, along with a research team. The ancient city of the Ndipaya was spread out before them when they landed, abandoned, in ruins. It took several hours before the flower was located and secured. They set up a camp area to study it.

December 4th rolled in and on this day a special thing was noted about the flower. It contained a chemical within the plant itself.. a virus of sorts. They named it the Progenitor Virus. Research on it was going smoothly until they hit a snag in their work. They needed more resources to deal with something this great. Taking dozens of samples Marcus and Bailey returned to America to cultivate the flower. These flowers though lacked the virus and they realized it only occurred in it's home back in Africa. They returned and worked further with it. They learned they could weaponize it.. and so dubbed the variant T-Virus.

The Grand Master returned to Raccoon briefly to order Trevor to create a secret underground lab of which to work in. It was to be built beneath the mansion. Another lab, set away, was desired as well.. and it would be called the Arklay Laboratory. He returned to Africa to assist his colleagues.

It was going to be a very busy year.

-x-

December 5th was an important day for the small Wesker family. Richard's brother Alexander had been a personal friend of the late Grand Master and was a Templar himself so Richard and Maria were a bit startled when they heard the news. Alexander had received a call from the new Grand Master, the late's son, about a project they were going to start. Project Wesker Children, which Alexander would be leading as chief researcher. His brother was a scientist, a smart one that had the degrees to support it. Shortly after telling of his new position, he had accepted of course, Alexander went on to tell that he had selected his brother's son to be in it.

Instead of feeling honored that his son would be part of something great Richard only felt anger and jealousy. Deep down he hated his son.. for reasons absurd to normal people. Alexander spoke of superior genes, a bunch of technical bullshit if you asked him. Maria, on her end, felt that honor and happiness, yet also sadness. She'd lose her son.. but he would be well looked after. She was getting in horrible shape anyway. The past two years she had come down with a pretty bad string of sicknesses that left her weak.. and four months ago her immune system was so low that she caught a disease that was eating her away. It would only be a matter of time before her body gave out.

So Project Wesker Children went underway. Albert wasn't the only chosen child. Hundreds were brought in on this project, a means to create a group of 'superior' soldiers or some nonsense. Albert was too young to understand any of it. As time progressed it was becoming painfully obvious that Albert would be the main success. He was different from the rest.. along with four others. Alex, Laura, Felicia and Hiro.

It was wrote down that they were injected with the Progenitor virus on the 4th but it actually occurred on the 7th. It is not mentioned in any records of an artifact Spencer stumbled upon on the vault within the mansion, placed in the outstretched hand of a metal suit statue. It was a sphere that glowed a brilliant golden light.

Hilarious Seeker

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Chapter 3: Death of the Designer.

He could feel himself beaming with pride. He had just received word that the Spencer Mansion was completed.. as well as the Arklay Lab. Extraction of the virus was made and the group headed back to Raccoon to work further with it. Two branches were developed, mutant strains, TYPE-A and TYPE-B.

An idea sparked into his mind for he knew just who to test this virus on.. he had the perfect candidates.

-x-

My dear friend, George Trevor.

Only through your sincerity and effort could this beautiful mansion be built.

It's been three months since I moved here and this place is so magnificent.

Alongside the early of hunters, I greet the arrival of dawn; Alongside the howls of wolves, I greet the fall of night.

...However, there's still something we haven't got here.

So I want you to do me a favor, my friend. Would you like to come to this mansion?

Of course bring your family with you.

You can look at this like meeting an old friend and come here light-hearted.

I'll prepare a splendid banquet and await your presence, I'm sure you'll like it.

Best Regards,

Oswell E. Spencer.

October 9, 1967.

-x-

Dear Lord Spencer,

It's a pleasure to receive the invitation to me and my family to visit the new mansion; I can't thank you enough for this.

Actually, I've also been meaning to pay a visit to that mansion again.

I accept your invitation.

In the beautiful courtyard with many wonderful waterscapes, there are two fountains with names.

If you want to see this fountain, I must tell you something you must remember. Please take the "Red Book" and "Blue Book" with you.

Sorry, I still have some unfinished business to do, so I'll let my wife and daughter go there first.

Please take care of them.

Many thanks.

George Trevor

November 3, 1967.

-x-

He invited Trevor and his family to the estate, but only his wife Jessica and daughter Lisa showed up for George was busy in New York. A tour erupted and the pair were shown around the elegantly designed mansion that had tasteful pieces of exotic treasures; paintings, metal suits, etc. Darkness fell as they retired for the night, a room prepared for his guests. It was time. He sent a few of his men to capture the family, imprisoning them below to use for experimentation. Jessica didn't survive exposure to TYPE-A.. Lisa, though, was given TYPE-B.. and lived through the procedure. He kept her locked away, a prize to play with for his research on human testing.

November 13th came and Trevor arrived in high spirits to see his family. A tour followed and the young Grand Master informed the man that his wife and child had left unexpectedly, aunt Emma was in the hospital. A lie, a trick. He went on to tell George of a powerful idea he had.. the creation of a pharmaceutical company. He knew that with George's death the secrets of the mansion would be lost.. and so lured the man to his doom. He was trapped in a room and died several days later, starved. With them now out of the way he moved on to founding this desired company..

Umbrella Corporation.

This man had a destiny to fulfill.. for he was Ozwell E. Spencer.. and this is not his story. This is about several people who must survive in a dog eat dog world.

The Wesker Children project was slowly taking a turn for the worse. Most of the injected children were getting sick and dying. It was plain to see that a good portion wouldn't survive. Indeed quite a lot didn't. All were dead and rid of aside from five. Albert, Alex, Hiro, Felicia and Laura. They had been the most promising and had reached the point where they were seemingly perfect.

With the funding worked out, the legal business dealt with.. Umbrella Inc. was created, founded by Spencer, Edward and Marcus. The construction of several medical labs, research facilities and hospitals began and the three founders were pleased. Marcus didn't care one way or another, only that he could deal with the virus when he wished. Cable car trams are built and imported from Europe, arriving in the early spring to circle around Raccoon City.

With this year came a heavy burden, a sense of loss that consumed Spencer for quite awhile: Edward got infected in July by the mother virus and didn't make it. His son Alexander took over as head of the Ashford family, Spencer only vaguely aware of the boy. He hoped he was capable enough to handle the Ashford affairs.

He hoped he was capable enough to handle the Ashford and Felicia had departed early this year as well. It seemed like he was losing.. but the remaining three seemed capable enough to survive.

Word reached Spencer that Edward's son was making the Antarctic Base, which construction started in February. It was to be completed in November. He could only roll his eyes at that absurd child. He was smart, intelligent like his father, but careless, naive, young. The boy was following in his father's footsteps and had stepped up into the Templar ranks.

Spencer, on his end, was quite pleased with Umbrella's growth. They were building a strong and solid good reputation. People bought their products. It was wonderful, the perfect front. In the labs Marcus spent much time developing the T-Virus. He was obsessed with it.

Spencer was now 43 years old, entering his mid-life range. Umbrella had flourished under him, moving across the globe. Laura passed on the year before and so now the sole subjects of the Wesker Children project were Alex and Albert.

Spencer was very pleased when two recruits joined Umbrella, but was filled with pride when he learned just who was involved. Two brilliant scientists.. one of them being Albert Wesker, his prodigal subject, and William Birkin, an eager lad a bit younger than Albert.

Behind the scene Alex was already in Umbrella, helping to manage Umbrella as Spencer's assistant, but his presence was unknown to all; he used an alias to hide the boy. Lyle Tanner was the boy's current name. Lyle was a bit younger then Albert, but just as smart. The boy was quietly observant, a mirror capable of reflecting what it saw.. but distorting as well.

-x-
[Assistant Director's Diary]

September 2.

As usual there are a few useful guys.

What's the basis of the executive candidate selection criteria prepared by the company headquarters?

Well, there are two guys this time that seem decent..

William and Albert. There's hope for those two.

September 25.

Practical Al and Academic Will. Those two really are contrastive.

Moreover they bare a keen sense of rivalry.

Speaking of their similarities, I would have to say they are hiding very unspeakable secrets in the depths of their eyes...

October 7.

I suddenly received a call from the director.

It was to "make those two complete rivals".

Other than his research, that Director Marcus rarely shows interest in people.

This is the greatest event since the training school's foundation.

Well, if it's an order, I'll carry it out thoroughly. They'll be snarling at each other.

-x-
[Marcus' Notes]

October 23:

It's no good! I can't hope for real progress experimenting on mere rodents. Only humans can be a proper mammalian subject for the experiments. Otherwise, I will never get any real progress...

November 15:

Someone seems to suspect something about my experiments... but, perhaps it's just my imagination. Well, if anyone does get too close, they may find themselves unexpectedly "assisting" in my research!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff