Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since the WB(who owns the rights to DC) had Smallville, and the CW(which used to be The WB) has Arrow and The Flash, what other DC origin stories would you like to see?

Personally, I'd love to see them do a Green Lantern series, but that might be too SFX oriented for their budget.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I would like to see a new BoP show, A Secret Six and/or Suicide Squad show, Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, The Question, I'd rather have a movie but I'd still totally watch a Wonder Woman show if they treated it seriously, Nightwing would be cool too, and for the pipedream of all pipedreams: I would watch the hell out of a Shadowpact show.

Then again, not too long ago they were making a show centered around Hourman of all ******** characters, so if that can happen then I don't see why any of my ideas are out of the question.

Edit: This is just out of characters/teams that I think could actually work for TV...Although Secret Six would have to be tamed way the ******** down if it was on the CW.
Winniwyn, from what I've read, it seems that they've been looking for the right team of people so that if they do air a new Wonder Woman series, it won't make people's eyes and bleed the way retro superhero shows(before Arrow and AoS) do with the modern TV viewing audience. I think they've put Wonder Woman on their back-burner to focus on other characters, but so far... It seems they've taken DC more seriously than some of the recent movies have, and they've even started to unite their stories in a way that none of the live action productions(TV/film) with those characters have done so far.

Since they've had the Suicide Squad in some episodes of Arrow, and it looks like there'll be some Arrow/Flash crossovers in the future... They certainly could turn that squad into more of a series and flesh out the characters the way they did with Arrow, but since I've yet to read anything about that they're either keeping that one top secret, or they have other stories they'd prefer to work on(since Superman and Batman have hogged the spotlight for a while, I'm hoping they're not giving them more TV shows until there's a live action JL series, but I'd be cool with a BoP reboot)

It seems that Hourman will be their next DC series presuming The Flash does well, and I've read that it's in development, so since they introduced us to The Flash via Arrow, I'll be curious to see how they introduce us to Hourman(if they do).

Since HBO's done well with True Blood(aka the Sookie Stackhouse series), even though I've yet to see them tackle comic book characters... A series like Secret Six might be better suited for HBO(or Netflix or Amazon or Hulu) than CW.

No matter what though, I'm glad to see comic book/graphic novel characters taken more seriously than the old Batman/Wonder Woman/Superman live action series and movies were.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff