Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Lunatic

I'm going to risk being sincere, I personally feel sympathy for these people. Phelps has created a horribly toxic environment and such a potent hatred. His children and their children are raised in this horrible environment and these people know nothing but hate for outsiders and their differences they will most likely only find friends in their own family. Their father's toxic philosophy has also warped their view on humanity and love and most of these people will die not knowing either and it is sad. I don't hate them I feel horrible for them, they will die alone not connecting with the rest of their species and not understanding them, they will be outcasts all because of this one man, Phelps and his wife. There have been those who have left the family and the church but it is not an easy separation by any means. It is a miserable existence and most of them know nothing else. Blame the man not his victims.

Timid Explorer

dh8d1
silvershadowedwings
dh8d1
silvershadowedwings
I can't find the words to describe how much i hate them and i worry that because of their extremism people will look at Christianity in general as a duplicate. In my definition, they're nothing like Christianity nor Christ. They are hate group monsters most definitely.
They take the bible more literally than many Christians, and for that they're more consistent.

i highly doubt that.. God doesnt hate according to christianity or the bible, and if they did take it literally im sure theyd follow Christs teachings such as spreading love, its what chrstianity is supposed to do. :/ otherwise they're nothing like christianity nor christ when they hold up signs like "God hates fags". thats just not spreading love, its a hate group more than anything.
using your interpretation to defend your interpretation is circular.

I agree westboro baptists are hateful. But, they're more consistent than most Christians because most Christians cherrypick which verses are metaphor and which are literal, while Westboro does that much much less.

i do agree, even wbc falls under the different intereptations or misinterepretations, at least when it comes to verses where God says hate as an excuse for hate speeches or interpretation to 'God hates everyone' its even listed on their website :/
best thing i suppose is to ignore them, not sure how else hate speeches can be handled .-.
They're banned from my country, so I don't really mind.

Tipsy Smoker

Fermionic
They're banned from my country, so I don't really mind.
Lucky.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
I think they're just trolling.
5 or so years ago I sent a letter to them and got a letter back and they called me a child of the devil and that I was going to hell smile
DaWulf20
Anyone ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? It is a church located in Topeka Kansas and is known widely for its extreme ideologies such as;

Protesting military/aids/gay funerals.
Protesting gays in general.
Protests against Jewish institutions
Protesting the Marine Core
From Wikipedia : On May 14, 2008, two days after the deadly 2008 Sichuan earthquake, WBC issued a press release thanking God for the heavy loss of life in China, and praying "for many more earthquakes to kill many more thousands of impudent and ungrateful Chinese".[58]
Starting the campaign "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

"The Westboro Baptist Church considers membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship..."

"Westboro Baptist refers to Catholic priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of male children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMbfQ117Jts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_ok0MaLSQ

This sad excuse for a religious movement is brainwashing its members to believe that homosexuals and those of other race or religion are going to hell for sinning. They brainwash their children to hate from an early age, and this way of thinking is spreading like a disease through the South. The hate they inspire in people is terrifying. The hatred they exude towards anyone who does not believe what they do.

Please discuss your views on the Westboro Baptist Church. Anyone's views opinions are accepted.

Two of the daughters finally were able to start thinking for themselves, and realized that it wasn't the lifestyle for them.
The other thing: They are a church of lawyers. I don't even think they believe what they say they do. They just say a bunch of s**t to get people riled up, and wait for an opportunity for an assault charge. That money then goes into their church (ever wonder how they can afford to travel around the country so much?)
One more thing: They THRIVE on attention. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Ignore them like you would a tweaker on the street.
I am an atheist, but I do believe that everyone has the right to pursue their own religious beliefs no matter how ridiculous or stupid it is. I think it's absolutely disgusting that they brainwash their children at such young ages. I was raised Catholic so I know what it's like to be force-fed a religion. I finally broke away from it when I was able to move out,and separate myself from it all. I still respect religion, and people's rights to it, but I personally hold no belief of a God. Humans created God, not the other way around.
They're so extreme that even the KKK has distanced themselves.
Michael Noire
DaWulf20
Anyone ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? It is a church located in Topeka Kansas and is known widely for its extreme ideologies such as;

Protesting military/aids/gay funerals.
Protesting gays in general.
Protests against Jewish institutions
Protesting the Marine Core
From Wikipedia : On May 14, 2008, two days after the deadly 2008 Sichuan earthquake, WBC issued a press release thanking God for the heavy loss of life in China, and praying "for many more earthquakes to kill many more thousands of impudent and ungrateful Chinese".[58]
Starting the campaign "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

"The Westboro Baptist Church considers membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship..."

"Westboro Baptist refers to Catholic priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of male children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMbfQ117Jts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_ok0MaLSQ

This sad excuse for a religious movement is brainwashing its members to believe that homosexuals and those of other race or religion are going to hell for sinning. They brainwash their children to hate from an early age, and this way of thinking is spreading like a disease through the South. The hate they inspire in people is terrifying. The hatred they exude towards anyone who does not believe what they do.

Please discuss your views on the Westboro Baptist Church. Anyone's views opinions are accepted.

Honestly, you haven't described much in the way of controversy. making fun of homosexuals? Old hat among most religions - ask the Muslims in Iran what they think of Homosexuals. As to making fun of the Catholic church, that's nothing new. Protesting soldiers? Well, recently the military has drastically increased its relationship with a feminist and homosexual agenda. Naturally, anyone with a conservative christian agenda is going to be polarized. I'm sure I've heard horrible things about these people, can you provide a more horrible example?

Oh, let's see, there's the cheering over the deaths of 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary because clearly those children were all evil heathens. They'd planned to protest at every single funeral but many other organizations and groups stepped in to put up a wall of bodies between them and the funerals and the WBC proved they're cowards by turning tail and running, aka not showing up.
silvershadowedwings
dh8d1
silvershadowedwings
I can't find the words to describe how much i hate them and i worry that because of their extremism people will look at Christianity in general as a duplicate. In my definition, they're nothing like Christianity nor Christ. They are hate group monsters most definitely.
They take the bible more literally than many Christians, and for that they're more consistent.

i highly doubt that.. God doesnt hate according to christianity or the bible, and if they did take it literally im sure theyd follow Christs teachings such as spreading love, its what chrstianity is supposed to do. :/ otherwise they're nothing like christianity nor christ when they hold up signs like "God hates fags". thats just not spreading love, its a hate group more than anything.

You've never actually read the bible have you? hell the entire Old Testament is riddled with hatred and acts of violence against anyone who didn't tow the line. He commanded his people to go out and commit mass rape and genocide quite frequently. Last time I checked those aren't acts of love.

Timid Explorer

Harley Jade Linnea
silvershadowedwings
dh8d1
silvershadowedwings

You've never actually read the bible have you? hell the entire Old Testament is riddled with hatred and acts of violence against anyone who didn't tow the line. He commanded his people to go out and commit mass rape and genocide quite frequently. Last time I checked those aren't acts of love.

Very common misconceptions in my point of view, yes there are acts of hatred and violence within the Bible, very serious indeed. Him commanding these acts, often taken out of context, yes there are 2 sides to a story, there's the peoples then there's His. But I shouldn't have to explain that to you, I am in no interest, as in fact you have me assumed you've already read it (considering u've accused me of not reading it). And YES i have read most of it, fyi. what i do know is the new testament is meant to replace some of what the old testament says. The message (for christians) has changed, to love even those who hate you, turn the other cheek, etc. What I'm saying here is that WBC seems like a hate group more than anything, considering christians are supposed to follow christ as the main thing, but holding up hate signs is nowhere close to how they're supposed to be. :/
silvershadowedwings
Harley Jade Linnea
silvershadowedwings
dh8d1
silvershadowedwings

Very common misconceptions in my point of view,

Except they're not misconceptions. Honey, I was raised Christian, so don't even try with me. I am well aware of what the bible actually says.

silvershadowedwings
yes there are acts of hatred and violence within the Bible, very serious indeed.
silvershadowedwings
a deity of love.

silvershadowedwings
Him commanding these acts, often taken out of context, yes there are 2 sides to a story, there's the peoples then there's His.

Its not 'taken out of context'. If your deity 'loves everyone' he wouldn't have commanded wholesale slaughter and rape. Any deity that commands such atrocities be perpetrated is NOT a deity of love. When was the last time you heard a tale of Aphrodite sending her followers out to commit rape?

silvershadowedwings
But I shouldn't have to explain that to you, I am in no interest, as in fact you have me assumed you've already read it (considering u've accused me of not reading it). And YES i have read most of it, fyi. what i do know is the new testament is meant to replace some of what the old testament says. The message (for christians) has changed, to love even those who hate you, turn the other cheek, etc. What I'm saying here is that WBC seems like a hate group more than anything, considering christians are supposed to follow christ as the main thing, but holding up hate signs is nowhere close to how they're supposed to be. :/

I'm sorry but the bible states that if you dismiss ANY portions of it, meaning EVERY BIT of the OT, then you are defying your deity, committing an unforgivable sin, and will burn in hell for it. SO good luck with that hell thing there, since you are dismissing parts of the bible as irrelevant now because 'the new testament is designed that way'.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Alan Pistachio
At this point I believe this organization is a lost cause. Maybe we should inflict some of their extremists ideals upon them? Who knows.

Captain Irony
User Image
At a recent protest by Westboro a group of armed men pulled next to the protesters in a van and began to open fire, killing over 200.
At the subsequent funeral for the deceased church goers, a mob of people waited outside the church holding signs and chanting "200 more! 200 more!"
A spokesman for the church called this display disgraceful and insulting.
And I couldn't stop laughing.

In reality, the Westboro mongrels have admitted they're just doing this s**t to get assaulted and sue people.
Always the dollars. Always the dollars...

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
ugh the WBC is like a cult to me, i wouldn't be surprised if they were to go out and eat fetuses in the name of the lord

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
AsuraSyn
Alan Pistachio
At this point I believe this organization is a lost cause. Maybe we should inflict some of their extremists ideals upon them? Who knows.

Captain Irony
User Image
At a recent protest by Westboro a group of armed men pulled next to the protesters in a van and began to open fire, killing over 200.
At the subsequent funeral for the deceased church goers, a mob of people waited outside the church holding signs and chanting "200 more! 200 more!"
A spokesman for the church called this display disgraceful and insulting.
And I couldn't stop laughing.

In reality, the Westboro mongrels have admitted they're just doing this s**t to get assaulted and sue people.
Always the dollars. Always the dollars...

LMFAO! This has me weak XD how about 800 more?? XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces