I'd rate my excitement with a 12/10 0.35802469135802 35.8% [ 29 ]
Meh. 0.12345679012346 12.3% [ 10 ]
Give me my gold. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
1 2 >

Golden Girl

EDIT:
You can watch the new trailer here-

So there's been a lot of talk about what might happen in series 8.

From a new companion...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To the LONG awaited explanation of a certain someone's appearance back in Pompeii...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (a wild Capaldi appeared!)

So I was wondering if you guys had any guesses for what we might see in the new season?

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Can't wait to watch it. =x

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Can't wait for it!!

My only guess is we won't be seeing a new companion for a while. heart Clara will help the public go through the Doctor's regeneration, and, fortunately, won't leave us before the end of this season. heart

Golden Girl

Panda Musume
Can't wait to watch it. =x

The anticipation!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Series 8 looks so promising and interesting... Can't wait to meet the new Doctor! ^^

Demonic Wife

Im excited, a bit eh about Peter Capaldi's character too.

I understand all doctors arent the same, but they all act or talk British, though I heard hints that Capaldi is keeping his Scottish Accent(which I dont mind), but I dunno a bit different.

I heard that of course a new companion is coming in and may be a future lover for Clara, to me, feels like a replay of Mickey(from the 9th doctor to the 10th). One thing I disliked about Matt leaving is because Clara and him did have some...chemistry like Tennant had with Piper(well, you know, in the seriies. Rumors are spreading that Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are dating secretly, though no reports are claimed for this)

To me, it surprised me that his regeneration went so quick, and Capaldi looked like a Vulture at first, staring at Clara.

It'll be different, of course, but we'll see how it goes.[/ali
gn]

Golden Girl

Sullers

I understand all doctors arent the same, but they all act or talk British, though I heard hints that Capaldi is keeping his Scottish Accent(which I dont mind), but I dunno a bit different.

I heard that of course a new companion is coming in and may be a future lover for Clara, to me, feels like a replay of Mickey(from the 9th doctor to the 10th). One thing I disliked about Matt leaving is because Clara and him did have some...chemistry like Tennant had with Piper(well, you know, in the seriies. Rumors are spreading that Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are dating secretly, though no reports are claimed for this)

To me, it surprised me that his regeneration went so quick, and Capaldi looked like a Vulture at first, staring at Clara.

gn]

Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if he turned into another Mickey. sweatdrop

I also have to agree with you on the regeneration bit. It looked more like a sneeze than a regeneration xd

~

User Image
*achoo*

Demonic Wife

MarcyDaVampQueen
Sullers

gn]

Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if he turned into another Mickey. sweatdrop

I also have to agree with you on the regeneration bit. It looked more like a sneeze than a regeneration xd

~

User Image
*achoo*

Basically! I hope it to become better than what I think will happen.
I really look forward to Peter Capaldi!

I'm not sure how to feel on the whole "Gallifrey is still a thing" thing. I mean, yay, he's not the last Time Lord anymore, but at the same time, I think when they were coming back in The End of the World (with Tennant), the Doctor said they're better as memories or something.... It's been awhile since I've watched it. ^^;

Magical Noob

I'm actually really excited. I loooove Peter Capaldi and the fact that we're getting another male companion; hopefully it'll end up different from the past two seasons we've had.

(Not that the past two seasons were bad, they were awesome. I just like a darker, more dramatic twist to the show.)

xx

Vampiric Vampire

14,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Friendly 100
As far as the Capaldi being in Pompeii thing... I doubt much will be made of it. I mean it's happened before with Colin Baker playing Maxill in Arc of Infinity (Fifth Doctor), before becoming Six, so... There's a precedence of not really making a big deal of it, at least.

If they want to do some retconning, I hope they're careful with it.
LynnVamp
As far as the Capaldi being in Pompeii thing... I doubt much will be made of it. I mean it's happened before with Colin Baker playing Maxill in Arc of Infinity (Fifth Doctor), before becoming Six, so... There's a precedence of not really making a big deal of it, at least.

Not to mention that Lalla Ward played Princess Astra before becoming Romana II. Admittedly, Romana did deliberately choose to look like Astra, but, after the initial regeneration, the subject was never mentioned again. In fact, there are several instances throughout the series of the same actor playing two or more characters. Examples include:

1, Nicholas Courtney (Bret Vyon/Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart)
2, Jean Marsh (Joanna/Sara Kingdom/Morgaine)
3, Patrick Troughton (Second Doctor/Salamander)
4, Sarah Sutton (Nyssa/Ann Talbot)

In the case of the Second Doctor and Nyssa, the resemblance between them and their lookalikes was an important plot point, but this isn't always the case. So, unless the writers plan to have the Twelfth Doctor revisit the family he saved in "Fires Of Pompeii" . . .
I'll admit that I'm a bit nervous about Capaldi, but I'm sure he'll be great! 3nodding
I can't wait for season eight!

Space Werewolf

Coming up with in-show explanations for actor paradoxes is fun, but I don't think we need to reconcile Capaldi's previous appearances. It's a TV show; this happens sometimes. I mean, any explanation is going to have to be amazing to counter the awkwardness of actually pointing it out.

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
idk all dat much bout diz peter capaldi guy other than da fact da he was in "fires of pompei" i mean i've only seen a short behind da scenes clip of him ride'n on a fake horse thru da streets of london, and i've never seen his other previous shows…so i'm hope'n he'll do well in play'n da 12th. doc. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff