Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
So I recently started watching Hell On Wheels on Netflix (I know, 3 seasons behind!) and there was this amazing song called Annabel that played during one of the more steamier scenes in season 2. It's by this band called the Duhks, and since I head them I started a pandora station and now for the past week it's all I listen to. Pretty good stuff. I say it changed my life because before this I was pretty mainstream, listening to things like top 100 and such. But listening to bluegrass/folk takes me back to a simpler time of open plains, buffalo, and good music with the people you care about.

Anybody else every have a similar experience where a song leads you to a whole new genre you never explored? I wonder what else I'm missing out on in life! 3nodding
Wow, I haven't listened to The Duhks in years.

Profitable Hoarder

Keep looking, you might stumble upon everything I was trying to help you see. Self exploration and growth only stops when you yourself halt it.
Check out Dugas. Christian and Sarah have been going at their own project since The Duhks. As far as I know Scott's back with them again. They're friends of mine, but I moved to Edmonton so it's been a while since I've seen any of them :3

Oh, and you'd probably like the Bros Landreth, too.

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
Eidolonios
Check out Dugas. Christian and Sarah have been going at their own project since The Duhks. As far as I know Scott's back with them again. They're friends of mine, but I moved to Edmonton so it's been a while since I've seen any of them :3

I checked out some songs on youtube and I really like Sarah's voice. I wish I could belt out notes like her, it's crazy! I really like this genre because there's so much soul behind the music and it has a rustic quality; unlike all the auto-tune pop music. Thanks for the suggestions!
kaybelle27
Eidolonios

I checked out some songs on youtube and I really like Sarah's voice. I wish I could belt out notes like her, it's crazy! I really like this genre because there's so much soul behind the music and it has a rustic quality; unlike all the auto-tune pop music. Thanks for the suggestions!

She got to sing backed by Zac Brown Band and John Mayer. I'm so jelly :/. They were up in Edmonton for the CCMAs so I got a chance to see them. They use backing tracks and loop pedals. It's really cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff