Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, as I'm growing quite tired of seeing 60,000 threads asking for song title identifications, I figured there might as well be one big, happy thread for it.

So, how does this thread work? It's quite simple, really. If there is a song that you cannot find the name AND/OR artist of, simply post the lyrics, or at least the little bit of the lyrics that you may know, here. Surely someone in this forum will be able to name the song for you, or at least guide you in the general direction.

So, with the creation of this thread... Please, do NOT make anymore new topics for this problem.

<center>POST ALL REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!</center>

Thanks for your time and consideration, and enjoy! biggrin

Aged Explorer

isnt this pretty much what the "Name that Tune" thread was for?
Thebi
isnt this pretty much what the "Name that Tune" thread was for?

No, Name That Tune is a game. There are 50 million threads in this forum filled with people who heard a song on the radio, or a tv station, and they have no idea what the title is, or who sings it. The threads are flooding this forum, and it's getting to be too much for me to keep track of for deletion. Therefore, we have this thread.
Mizandi
No, Name That Tune is a game. There are 50 million threads in this forum filled with people who heard a song on the radio, or a tv station, and they have no idea what the title is, or who sings it. The threads are flooding this forum, and it's getting to be too much for me to keep track of for deletion. Therefore, we have this thread.

Good idea, Mizandi. I was getting a little tired of seeing 90 of those threads at once.
Ok well let me be the first to ask then [because I'm too lazy to look it up on google] ..

Who sings the other version of "I'd Sure Hate To Break Down Here" that Trace Adkins originally did? Yaknow, the chick .. anyone? Thanks in advance heart
Julie Roberts sings "Break down Here" so i have answered ur question biggrin
Eltana
Julie Roberts sings "Break down Here" so i have answered ur question biggrin

Thank you much! smile
Clever. 3nodding
I've been wondering about these for a while. There's too, and I'm afraid I recall very little of them both.

I don't know the name of the first one. It's about a little girl (or boy, but I think it's a girl eek ) hiding behind the couch, and something happens to her parents (?). The figure of Jesus on their wall falls behind the couch and she sleeps beside it... or something... @_@ Anyway that should be enough for you to recognize if you know it.

Number two I recall a bit of the lyrics of, and I'm sure the name is "She Said Yes" but I don't know the artist. The chorus (or part of it) goes:

She said 'yes,' I said 'Wow.'
I said 'When?' and she said 'How about right now?'
*something something something*
*perhaps another line, I dunno*
Then I asked if she believed in fate
And she said 'Yes'!

I really appreciate it and thanks in advance! heart
Rosewings
I've been wondering about these for a while. There's too, and I'm afraid I recall very little of them both.

I don't know the name of the first one. It's about a little girl (or boy, but I think it's a girl eek ) hiding behind the couch, and something happens to her parents (?). The figure of Jesus on their wall falls behind the couch and she sleeps beside it... or something... @_@ Anyway that should be enough for you to recognize if you know it.

Number two I recall a bit of the lyrics of, and I'm sure the name is "She Said Yes" but I don't know the artist. The chorus (or part of it) goes:

She said 'yes,' I said 'Wow.'
I said 'When?' and she said 'How about right now?'
*something something something*
*perhaps another line, I dunno*
Then I asked if she believed in fate
And she said 'Yes'!

I really appreciate it and thanks in advance! heart

#1 John Michael Montgomery-The Little Girl

#2 Chad B????-Yes
Ok not sure about the last one but I'm almost positive it was Chad

Dapper Lunatic

Chad Brock, perhaps?
Neferita
Chad Brock, perhaps?

she's right ^^;;
Hum, this is more of a folky song, which has been done over by many, many people. I believe it's called Massie grove, Matty grove, or Massy grove. I really want to know who sings it so I could possibly buy the CD or something ^_^; The lyrics go something like this, there are a few variations, I think...

What high what high what high what a day,
the very first day of the year,
where little massie grove to the church did go,
some holy words to hear.
There's an old song called El Paso, about a cowboy who falls in love with a girl in El Paso, but has to flee the city because he kills someone in a shoot out. Eventually, his love for her overcomes his rationality and he returns...and gets shot.

But the song I'm looking for is about a guy in modern times who is flying over El Paso, having flashbacks about this old song, as if he had lived it out in a previous life. Anyone know what this song is called?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff