Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello! Being new to the site, I thought it would be a good idea to find friends
who like to write right off the bat. I'm looking for people with whom I can share
my writing with in confidence, those folks who can help me improve the small
things (like punctuation or spelling) and the big things (like fluidity and style),
and vice versa.

I'm always excited to read other people's writing as well - be it poems, prose,
narratives, or even essays. Truthfully, I enjoy proof-reading and giving advice.
I simply do it for fun, which, probably stems from the fact that I read a lot.

Hopefully, I can see some friendly faces in the future. Thanks for reading.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I'd love to help! I'm always looking for writing friends!
Snowblazer
I'd love to help! I'm always looking for writing friends!

Huzzah! Thank you. I'm so happy to make a friend today. I was actually thinking of
writing a narrative about the Rise of Atlantis. Then having Atlanteans sort try to take
over the modern world. xD

Haninyan's Wife

Blessed Sophomore

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
It would be a pleasure to work with you. I'm willing to help you as well as improve my own writing skills. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~
Elleir Noire
It would be a pleasure to work with you. I'm willing to help you as well as improve my own writing skills. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~

Thank you. I would love a chance to work with you as well. Are you in the midst of writing
something at the moment? And it's nice to meet you as well. Do you speak Japanese?
Hello! I hope I'm not to late to pop in~ It's lovely to meet you.
I would love to have someone to talk to about anything to do with writing.
Clasela
Hello! I hope I'm not to late to pop in~ It's lovely to meet you.
I would love to have someone to talk to about anything to do with writing.

No, it's not late at all. It's a pleasure to meet you too.
I agree. I feel the same way. I think it would be nice to find people with similar interests.
Although, I also like meeting new people with different interests. It just exposes one to a
new perspective and experience. Is there anything I could help you with at the moment?
SpyFoxy

I agree and we are already on a different page, as my writing genre is different to the one you spoke about above.
Which could provide a fresh aspect when it comes to helping one another.
There is nothing in particular at the moment. I'm just doing some research to help with dialogue.
How about you?
Clasela

I agree and we are already on a different page, as my writing genre is different to the one you spoke about above.
Which could provide a fresh aspect when it comes to helping one another.
There is nothing in particular at the moment. I'm just doing some research to help with dialogue.
How about you?

That's great. Diversity is one of the keys to success. What sort of genres do you prefer writing about?
If I were to take a guess, would it happen to be a play or a script of some sort? I'm probably wrong.

I'm brainstorming more ideas for plots that have been drifting in and out of my mind. Focusing on
just one almost seems like an impossible feat with so many possibilities. I truly wish I could start
writing them all simultaneously. A little indecision maybe my greatest challenge yet. sweatdrop
SpyFoxy

I wish I had the gift to write plays or scripts! But no, I dabble in historical mysteries and sometimes modern thrillers.
Instead of wishing, why don't you just start? Open up a few documents and jot your ideas down in them. Then you can flick back and forth when it suits you.
I switch stories I'm working on constantly. It helps the mind stay fresh and helps me work on my skills.
Clasela

I wish I had the gift to write plays or scripts! But no, I dabble in historical mysteries and sometimes modern thrillers.
Instead of wishing, why don't you just start? Open up a few documents and jot your ideas down in them. Then you can flick back and forth when it suits you.
I switch stories I'm working on constantly. It helps the mind stay fresh and helps me work on my skills.

I could relate to that. I like the mystery/suspense genres - mostly detective or espionage stories.
Do you have any favorite mystery authors or series?

I normally do start multiple stories when I have writer's block or am really desperate for an idea. In
this instance though, I don't think it would be helpful. When I start something, I usually try to finish
from beginning to end. I think it's really more of a mental state of mind for me. Unfinished work
really bothers me like an itch you can't quite scratch.
SpyFoxy

Well I recently started the first book in James Patterson's Womens Murder Club and I am hooked on the gory details and twisty plot.
But I also love Kathy Reichs and good ol' Nancy Drew.
So you need something to help you overcome writers block, non? Are you just lacking ideas for it, or having difficulty starting/continuing in general.

Unidentified Player

10,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Gaian 50
:L Don't know if the offer is still open.
But I'm always game to throw down some words and get em working together.
Clasela

Well I recently started the first book in James Patterson's Womens Murder Club and I am hooked on the gory details and twisty plot.
But I also love Kathy Reichs and good ol' Nancy Drew.
So you need something to help you overcome writers block, non? Are you just lacking ideas for it, or having difficulty starting/continuing in general.

Yeah, I've read one of his series before. I think it was called something like Maximum Ride. I
read it when I was in high school and it was more science-fiction than mystery. My friend
suggested reading Alex Cross for his more mature work, but I haven't had the time for it.

I've heard of Kathy Reichs but I've never actually read any of her books. And Carolyn Keene and
Agatha Christie are some of my favorite classic mystery female authors. It was until later that
I've found out that Carolyn Keene was actually just a pseudonym and multiple authors wrote
Nancy Drew.

Not really, it's more of the opposite. Too many ideas and I just couldn't pick one... But I decided
to keep two or three of the stories I already started this weekend. Thanks for helping me sort it
out though. c:

Bobicus5

:L Don't know if the offer is still open.
But I'm always game to throw down some words and get em working together.

Sure, it's always open!
I had this idea for doing a cold war story - more about conversations between spies and I could
always use a hand with it. I'm also open to ideas you may have.

Haninyan's Wife

Blessed Sophomore

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
SpyFoxy
Elleir Noire

Thank you. I would love a chance to work with you as well. Are you in the midst of writing
something at the moment? And it's nice to meet you as well. Do you speak Japanese?

You're welcome. Yes, I'm currently working on a novel. Not entirely, but I am learning.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff