Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Phantom

Indeed. ^^ Which leads to:

Reason Number We Know You are Lying: Using the "I am in college" defense against criticism will not work. I have seen someone say they were an English teacher (while using leetspeak...) and saying they "forgot" how to spell and use grammar.

If you are going to lie about your age, profession, and schooling, at least have the decency to cover yourself on the basic mechanics of spelling of grammar. Otherwise, you just look like an idiot.
Brings to mind those kids who respond to criticism with something like

"well ur a meanie stop juging ppl! im not dum im top of my class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 i get gud grades and my teechers think my work site-not-allowed! so dont u tel me its krap!"
Nematri

"well ur a meanie stop juging ppl! im not dum im top of my class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 i get gud grades and my teechers think my work site-not-allowed! so dont u tel me its krap!"
Pathetic. Still, it's better than giving someone a death threat for critiquing work posted here.
Atropos Kay
Nematri

Pathetic. Still, it's better than giving someone a death threat for critiquing work posted here.

That's true. A silly illiterate babble is silly, but getting a death threat over critique is...worrying.
The people who threaten violence over a stranger's critique need to seek help.

Dangerous Cleric

Nematri
Atropos Kay
Nematri

That's true. A silly illiterate babble is silly, but getting a death threat over critique is...worrying.

People do this? They... really? I think I just died a little bit more inside thanks to that. Stupid people lying are just stupid, but anyone who threatens strangers over the NET about stuff that happens on the net are even stupider, concerning but still.... Do those people even think someone will take them seriously if they do that s**t?
A-Q-Kabuto
Nematri
Atropos Kay
Nematri

People do this? They... really? I think I just died a little bit more inside thanks to that. Stupid people lying are just stupid, but anyone who threatens strangers over the NET about stuff that happens on the net are even stupider, concerning but still.... Do those people even think someone will take them seriously if they do that s**t?
I really doubt it's anything more than a case of a few oversensitive preteens who expect people to gush over their work instead of giving them any sort of criticism. Even so, it's pathetic.
A-Q-Kabuto
Nematri
Atropos Kay
Nematri

Oh, of course nobody takes them seriously; it's more "worrying" in the sense that they should really be worried about their own level of intelligence if they think that idle death-threats to strangers over the internet 1) carry any weight or 2) are a reasonable response to somebody not liking their work.

Hallowed Phantom

I generally just roll my eyes and find a new thread when that happens. I have little patience for stupidity.
*blinks at many quoted post*

*reads again*

...I'm agreeing with Einstein on this one, human stupidity really IS infinite. pity that just ignoring them is the best way to keep them quiet, they're asking to be gently made fun of...
Triple-posting (started three different threads) a poem because you have not the patience to wait for the mods to tell you to bugger off. Just happened, and currently the poor b*****d in question is on the receiving end of a whole salvo.

Probably not the first time, either.

Dapper Gaian

8,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
This is great. I agreed with most of the Reasons, but Reason Two is somewhat off to me. Now, let me think. It's true that its sort of odd, wanting your story/poem "rated". But guess there are some people who are looking for something deeper. You knoe, besides numbers and letters for rating.

Have you ever heard of Children Fiction? Young Adult and Adult? These are the three categories that most people, such as myself, try to frame their stories. I'm a Young Adult writer; I write for the teenagers. In other words, I would write more high school novels, then I would "playing in the sandbox" novels.

So when people say they want their story/poem "rated", I give them ideas on how to put their stories in one of these three categories. Remember, not numbers or letters as ratings. Think, Children's (Grade K-6); Young Adults (Grade 7-12); and Adults (College and Old Folks)!

Thank you and have a great day! xd

Dangerous Cleric

Dr. Travis Gibson
This is great. I agreed with most of the Reasons, but Reason Two is somewhat off to me. Now, let me think. It's true that its sort of odd, wanting your story/poem "rated". But guess there are some people who are looking for something deeper. You knoe, besides numbers and letters for rating.

Have you ever heard of Children Fiction? Young Adult and Adult? These are the three categories that most people, such as myself, try to frame their stories. I'm a Young Adult writer; I write for the teenagers. In other words, I would write more high school novels, then I would "playing in the sandbox" novels.

So when people say they want their story/poem "rated", I give them ideas on how to put their stories in one of these three categories. Remember, not numbers or letters as ratings. Think, Children's (Grade K-6); Young Adults (Grade 7-12); and Adults (College and Old Folks)!

It's awesome that you do that, much power to you friend, but more often than not... it's not what they were looking for. A few even said to me(in the thread or in an annoying PM), 'I just want the numbers!!! ok!??!' or they will have a poll which they are assuming you will use to rate them. It's those kind of people that I'm sure reason two is about.
A-Q-Kabuto
Dr. Travis Gibson

It's awesome that you do that, much power to you friend, but more often than not... it's not what they were looking for. A few even said to me(in the thread or in an annoying PM), 'I just want the numbers!!! ok!??!' or they will have a poll which they are assuming you will use to rate them. It's those kind of people that I'm sure reason two is about.

It's really fun when I give them real critique, and they get upset because it's not an number, then the make death threats when give 'em a negative number,

Dangerous Cleric

Sergeant Major Bloodshed
A-Q-Kabuto
Dr. Travis Gibson

It's really fun when I give them real critique, and they get upset because it's not an number, then the make death threats when give 'em a negative number,

I kind of wish I would get some of these death threats I hear so much about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff